How It Was Supposed To Be

By RoyalKareem

Cale Henituse. That red-haired hero could be one of the sharpest person ever exist except when it was about t... More

°•°• DISCLAIMER •°•°
Realm of Death
Observations
Pointing Out
Out of Breath
Fever Dream
Karma's Whispers
Wearing Down
Perfect Plan
Trustworthy Allies
Weak Hero
Return of The Team Leader
Had Enough
Pass Out
Porcelain Heart
Vengeance
INTERVENTION

Loved by Gods

2.4K 219 96
By RoyalKareem

Beautiful hair glistening under the sunlight, Jack's locks looked holy as it should be despite how he's walking next to the soon-to-be King, Alberu, whose hair's much healthier than his own.

That being said, in contrast to the quarter dark elf who managed to pull out a neutral expression so that he wouldn't alert anyone else, Jack's expression is not good.

He's looking rather pale, one might even say.

Alberu, of course, had asked if the Pope is alright, to which Jack then responded with...

"My apologies, your highness, It seems like my shock upon the news regarding the young master-nim has affected my complexion"

His answer came out naturally, which is why Alberu doesn't suspect a thing and just leads the other blond to where Eruhaben would then teleport him to 'the sacred room', while he returned to his office since there's still a lot to be done before tomorrow.

It was at that moment.

Gasp...!

A soft gasp escaped Jack's lips, voicing out his shock.

"He just woke up from a Comatose yesterday... unfortunately, we haven't been able to feed him properly since his body seemed to be too weak to stomach heavy food."

Eruhaben heavy-heartedly informed the teary-eyed Pope.

"My magic seemed to be too much for a non-mage like him. However, I was told that he's loved by gods, so hopefully, you can help him out?"

That Ancient dragon sounded almost pleading to this timid human who might be the only person that can actually salvage his... son... from death's clutch.

"I'll try my best."

Jack's shaking voice is filled with sincerity.

"However..."

That Pope turned to the ancient being before then mentioning his own personal request.

"I wished to speak with him alone, Eruhaben-nim. No recording devices. No eavesdroppers. There's something I needed to tell The young master-nim personally"

The gold dragon arched his beautiful brows in suspicion and even used a bit of his dragon fear, making the human on the receiving end whimper lightly despite not breaking on the spot.

"And why would you need to be alone with him? What are you planning to do? Healing shouldn't be that secretive, right?"

"R-Right... but..."

Jack gathered his courage before then pushing himself to talk.

"A-As you mentioned before, Eruhaben... T-The young master-nim is loved by gods... a-and, well, I have a message to be passed to him..."

Eruhaben's gaze hardened and truthfully it's getting hard for Jack to maintain his self-preservation.

"Spill"

That was a threat if the clawful hand on his neck is not obvious enough...

"I-I can't! I'm not allowed to! I-I Don't even know what it means, Eruhaben-nim! It's only for Cale-nim to hear! A-And if anyone else were to found out what it means, that god would take Cale-nim's life-span instead of punishing the listener"

Tch.

A click of tongue was heard as Eruhaben dropped the Pope out of his grasp.

Jack was wheezing on the ground by then as he rubbed on his bruising neck.

'My goodness!'

The ancient dragon has changed...

He's not the warm wise gold dragon that Jack used to know.

He has become so openly abusive, that Sun God older twin has no doubt that the gold-elf was the one response with that fluffy shackles that locked the redhead's wrist together.

Well, either way, it seems like not even Eruhaben wishes to risk harming Cale by testing out whether his words were the truth or not...

Jack was grateful that he did quite well holding on from such traumatic situations.

'Dear heavens...'

Now that he thinks about it- if he, a newcomer was treated so poorly in less than a half hour of his arrival.

'...just, how bad were they treating the young master-nim?'

For the ever so ferocious Commander- The burning fire that lits up many hearts- to be in this sorry state of body.

'...I can't imagine how much Cale-nim has suffered'

Jack wanted nothing but to hug the owner of those empty orbs of Reddish-brown...

He only managed to calm down the urge when he reached out to gently caresses the cold hand.

"Relax, Cale-nim. I'm not here to be your next obstacle"

Jack went to Roan Kingdom's palace immediately wasn't due to Alberu's call. No.

The said monarch just happened to call him when that special guest of Rok Soo arrived at his and his sister's place.

Arriving with Mary, Cage, and the holy maiden of God of War, the guest told him to go first and guided Jack on the things he needed to tell 'Cale'.

"Saint Jack..."

Rok Soo's voice sounded frail and weak since he's not yet assured on which side the blond is on. However, not having a way to know that it was another scheme of his, Jack felt like crying as he listened to the redhead's voice calling for him with his previous title.

How long has it been since he's been locked here that he didn't even know that he has become a Pope?

'No. Don't get too emotional, Jack. Remember, you need to pass the message!'

The older half of the Sun God twin tried to smile the best he could as he uses his healing power to at least keep the redhead warm.

He could not stand to see his savior looking this miserable while faking a smile towards him.

"Hero-nim... You're loved by gods. You shall live the way you wished,"

'Cale's smile turned genuine upon his words.

It was an immediate reaction to what Jack just said...

After all, He's not simply blessing the sick while healing him or something. No.

That was a confirmation.

Jack's on his side.

And very likely Hannah would be the same then.

Rok Soo almost automatically glanced past the Pope in search of the said swordmaster, yet to his surprise, the black-veined blonde couldn't be found anywhere.

"Her time has not yet to come, Hero-nim"

That Transmigator noticed that Jack insisted on calling him 'Hero-nim' instead of 'Cale-nim' or 'young master-nim' as he would normally.

Jack address him differently than when he was talking about this red-haired body towards Eruhaben.

Having his guess on the tip of his tongue, Rok Soo asked the blond straightforwardly.

"Sun God?"

He needs to know if Jack is here because he was sent by the mentioned God. After all, the only divine beings that he included in his plan were none other than The God of Death and The Lady.

Jack smiled, however, he then shook his head.

"Hyung-nim"

Hyung-nim, he said in Korean.

There's a spark in Rok Soo's clouded eyes before it disappeared as soon as it came- he cannot shows his excitement here.

Not yet, anyway.

"You are loved by gods, Hero-nim. Reaching out to two, you did. But all four of them listened to your plea. So... hang in there a little bit more"

Jack said as he gently placed his hand on the red lock as if blessing a patient while keep spilling clues that he was told to say.

Rok Soo only ever relaxed his muscles for real when that phrase escaped Jack's lips.

"I've heard that you're asking for your mother, Cale-nim? You can stop that now, okay? Things would be looking up, soon. And I'll be with you on every step you take. So, Hold on a bit longer, please? I promise your patience would pay off... after all, being alive is the best, don't you agree?"

That noble's face nearly broke into a wide grin when he heard of that Korean phrase he hold very dearly close to his heart.

'He's here'

His Hyung-nim is really here.

Honestly, Rok Soo wanted to laugh like a manic or something.

The last piece of his plan is here!

With that black-haired guy's arrival, There's nothing for him to worry about now.

Finally, he gets to relax his mind after a whole month of erratic thinking...

The Pope Jack could be seen smiling fondly as he witnesses the red-haired Hero slowly fall asleep with much ease...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1K 8
in which, cale henituse was a prettiest person to ever exist. forget dragon, even goddess of beauty will never beat him in terms of beauty. but how c...
142K 7.7K 20
The Constellations are bored. Cale was sure they're on cracks. And the whole continents are witnessing more sides of the hero that shall never be see...
351K 30.5K 110
In the alleyways of Yiling, there was an abandoned child who did his best to survive. Everyday, he scoured for food and fought dogs who hurted him. I...
36.4K 2.1K 41
Cale regresses back into the past before the war began. With a new power that only activated in the moment of his death. ''Child, your suffering was...