Of Mates and Liars ( Bound by...

By Jaywolf94

His face is motionless eyes lifeless shining like an onyx stone. " you've been playing me for weeks maybe ev... More

Chapter 1: Shifts and Shenanigans
Chapter 2: Shifting Allegiances
Chapter 4: Past Shadows
Chapter 5: Hidden Agendas
Chapter 6: Tensions and Introductions
Chapter 7: Threads of Truth
Chapter 8: Borderlines and Beginnings
Chapter 9: Crossed Boundarie
Chapter 10: Unmasked Intentions
Chapter 11: Sweet Beginnings
Chapter 12: Scent of Possession
Chapter 13: On the Brink of 23
Chapter 14: Hidden Chains
Chapter 15: Breaking Points
Chapter 16: Unspoken Secrets Under the Full Moon
Chapter 17: Marked Territory
Chapter 18: Whispers and Betrayals
Chapter 19: Reclaiming the Marked
Chapter 20: The Court of Wolves
Chapter 21: Twisted Secrets
Chapter 22: Whispers in the Fog
Chapter 23: Tangled Fates
Chapter 24: Between Hope and Heartache
Thunder's Perspective. Bonded By Fate

Chapter 3: Unspoken Echoes

40 2 0
By Jaywolf94

"Lillian, how are you feeling today?" I ask.

"Sad," she murmurs, "but better than yesterday. Can we try that breathing exercise again?"

I simply extend my hands. By the time we finish, a transformation is evident in Lillian's demeanor, and a wave of gratitude washes over me. Helping others—it's a gift. I quickly jot down notes from our session before heading to Luna's office.

The cream-colored hallways lead me to a large oak door. I'm about to knock when it swings open, revealing Bethany. "Where have you been? Nora and I have been waiting!"

I sit beside her, and she slides a dish towards me. "Vegetable couscous with Mediterranean lamb."

I can't help but salivate. "You're the best."

"You tell me that every week," she says with a chuckle. As we eat, I brief Luna on the week's sessions and discuss pack members needing extra attention.

Luna smirks, eyebrow raised. "You'll be delighted to hear the Alpha of the Southern pack is requesting your expertise. Apparently, he would greatly appreciate your services."

The mere mention of Alpha Aidan makes me blush.

"Umm, services?" Bethany teases, wiggling her brows.

"And skills," Nora joins in, giggling.

"He's requested you three times now. Are you going to decline again?" Luna inquires.

"Send Merlin. He's got two decades of experience," I deflect.

"We have been sending him. But his pack has only one empath and they are young and in need of training. I wouldn't be surprised if he's trying to poach you from us," Luna states firmly.

"Maybe he'll lock you in a dungeon till you fall for him," Bethany jokes.

"As your Luna, I'd approve," Nora grins.

"He's probably surrounded by admirers. He won't want me," I counter.

"He might if you join the harem," Bethany chuckles.

"You could always join the harem," Nora adds.

"Make sure to put in a good word for me too," Bethany says through a laugh.
I shake my head and smile.
.......................................................................
As Bethany and I head towards training post-lunch, I spot Tiffany shamelessly clinging to Thunder. With each sickeningly sweet display, she's screaming that he belongs to her. For their sakes, they better be mates, or else the heartbreak for their true mates will be unbearable.

Bethany and I purposefully walk past, refusing to give them the satisfaction of our attention. Their drama is not ours to shoulder.

Once everyone's arrived, we're at it with laps again. Before I even start, I'm irritated by the sight of Tiffany still lingering by the exit, batting her eyelashes at Thunder. Pushing the thought aside, I start my run, maintaining a swift pace.

"Pick up the pace, Lauren!" Thunder's
booming voice cuts through the air.

Annoyed, I stay consistent; several others are far slower. He knows I'm fast, but his purpose isn't encouragement—it's provocation.

"Faster, Lauren!" His taunting continues. The sound of his heavy footsteps grows louder, echoing my own. I pick up the pace trying to get away from him.

"You really think that's all I've got?" He challenges, matching my speed, ensuring I can't escape his shadow.

Infuriated, I halt, forcing him to face me. "Can you for once, just once, not be so insufferable?" I retort. His breathing is labored, chest heaving in a way that would be attractive if I weren't so enraged.

"You're disrespectful. Stay back after training. Twenty more minutes on the track."

I can barely contain my rage. "Another 20 minutes just with you? I'd love to, but I can't. Wouldn't want people to complain about favouritism."

He invades my personal space, the threat in his eyes unmistakable. "Twenty minutes. That's final." With that, he strides off.

Twenty agonizing minutes alone with him? One of us might not survive it. The nerve of him, always wielding his Gamma title like a weapon. I force myself to run, trying to channel my fury into every step, bracing for the showdown that feels inevitable.
.................................................................................

As everyone departs, I settle on a bench, trying to catch my breath. I can feel Thunder's piercing gaze on me.

"Get up," he demands coldly, "Your 20 minutes start now."

I remain seated, refusing his order.

"Get up! I won't ask again."

Still, I don't budge.

"Do we need to add more time to your punishment?" His voice is venomous.

"No, Gamma, what we need to do is talk. You've been using your rank to display your dislike of me. Frustration. Whatever pent-up anger you have is not my issue. Taking it out on me is disrespectful to both me and your position as Gamma," I say, his eyes smoldering with fire. Yet, I continue. "I let it go once or twice, but it's obvious that this is something you plan on continuing to do, and I don't plan on giving you any more leeway. Either sort through whatever it is you have going on in your head, or request for me to be moved to another training group."

He clenches his fist, visibly wrestling with his emotions, and punches the bench beside me. Once. Twice. I give no reaction, challenging him with my indifference. He finally sits, tapping his foot in a futile attempt to calm himself.

"It's hard for me to be around you," he murmurs, a deep sorrow lacing his words.

His confession catches me off guard. I haven't given him any reason to feel that way ? "Why is that?" I ask, genuinely confused.

"Because it still feels like a knife every time I remember that you used me," his voice quiet.

Stunned, I search his eyes. "What are you even talking about?"

His voice drops, pain evident, "I know you used me to get Eric's attention."

I stare at him, disbelief mingling with frustration. "Gamma, my family has known Bethany's forever. Eric was in my life way before you ever were."

He stares back, frustration now evident. "Lauren, don't treat me like I'm clueless. I know you used our friendship to make him jealous. You two are secretly together, aren't you?"

Feeling a wave of pity, frustration, and confusion, I clarify, "Look, Gamma, I've never had a hidden relationship with Eric. Waiting for my mate has always been important."

His eyes pierce into mine, reflecting a deep hurt. "Then explain the day in the forest? I overheard you talking about naming your kids Rain and Cloud? You really going to try and play that off?"

Blushing furiously at the memory and feeling awkward "Eric was just poking fun. He overheard me telling Bethany about my silly little crush on you, about hoping you might be my mate. He teased me, saying if we were mated, we should name our kids after weather patterns that would match your name.

I look over at Thunder his body is motionless. He doesn't respond he looks at me with shock.
" I never used you" I continue." What gave you that idea ?"

His face transforms from calm to angry. " I don't know, Someone told me you had a thing for him and just wanted to get his attention." He says.

Suddenly he lets out a breath " so it wasn't fake? Our friendship" He questions " you liked me enough to want to be my mate?" A softness entered his voice.

" I was young. It was a long time ago."

His words come out fast "And now? How do you see me now?"

I don't say anything better to say nothing at all than something rude right?

" Lauren" he pushes " and now".

Choosing my words carefully, I respond, "you don't have to worry. I don't feel that way anymore."

His face drops " because I stopped talking to you?" he prods.

" lots of reasons Thunder. You were a friend. I liked being around you. When you shut me out it hurt a lot. But the truth is, what I wanted changed."

He swallows hard, voice barely above a whisper. "What do you desire now?"

Evading his question, I challenge, "And what about you, Gamma?"

He hesitates, his voice dripping with emotion, "The same thing I've always wanted."

My eyes involuntarily flick to the window where Tiffany waits. He follows my gaze, but instead of retreating, he edges closer
"What is it that you truly want, Lauren?"

Tiffany. That's the girl he wants.

" what do you want?" He repeats in a low
voice.

l stand " look I'm glad we sorted this out," I say "but I can see someone waiting on you" I point wards the window his eyes follow till he sees the redhead waiting outside. " and I have other commitments".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 109 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...
12.6K 339 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
13.3M 365K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
4.7K 380 31
I'm Noelle Joseph, I was the beloved daughter of Nicholas and Paula Joseph. That is what I thought until my dad died. My mom remarries but to a real...