My Responsibility (K-pop girl...

By EnglishIsDumb

Season Two: Broken Bonds After the defeat of Sentinel, the nation returns to normal. However, this event has... More

Prologue: Shinji Park
Chapter One: Let's Do This One More Time
Chapter Two: Korea
Chapter Three: Reunion and Meeting
Chapter Four: The Job Offer
Chapter Five: Chance Encounter
Chapter Six: First Day On The Job
Chapter Seven: Sakura
Chapter Eight: Caring For You
Chapter Nine: Catching the Feelings
Chapter Ten: Weekly Idol
Quick Update!!
Chapter 11: A Growing Mutuality
Chapter 12: Light Fury
Chapter 13: Not a Date?
Chapter 14: Back To School
Chapter 15: Close Calls
Chapter 16: Getting Popular
Chapter 17: It's Definitely A Date
Chapter 18: Questions, Questions, and More Questions
Season One: No Escape
S1: Chapter Two - Shinji and Lia
S1: Chapter Three - A Unique Date
S1: Chapter Four - Meet the Family
S1: Chapter Five - Arising Problems
S1: Chapter Six - Out of your hands
S1: Chapter Seven - The Need To Help Others
S1: Chapter Eight - Let Me Help
S1: Chapter Nine: The Days We Will Miss
S1: Chapter 10 - A Harsh Reality
S1: Chapter 11 - Hospitalization
S1: Chapter 12 - Catalyst
S1: Chapter 13 - Conversations
S1: Chapter 14 - Real World
S1: Chapter 15 - Descent
S1: Chapter 16 - Sentinel
S1: Chapter 17 - Storm Approaches
S1: Chapter 18 - A Higher Purpose
S1: Chapter 19: Spider-Man
S1: Chapter 20: Like Old Times
S1: Chapter 21: Triple Booked
S1: Chapter 22: Battle of Myeong-Ye Tunnel
Season One: Final Chapter
Season Two: Broken Bonds - Chapter One: A New Day
S2: Chapter Two - A Normal Day
S2: Chapter Three - IT'z U.S.

Season One: Epilogue

2.6K 91 57
By EnglishIsDumb

"You may go in now"

Shinji opened the door, entering a plain old room with white walls. A singular steel table and a pair of chairs. One of which was occupied by Wooshik. Shinji let out a weak smile as he closed the door behind him.

For Wooshik, the room wasn't all that mundane. The table had some food there, in fact it was some traditional Wakandan dishes. The main being some sort of slow cooked lamb with various spices. From what Shinji could see, it must have been delicious as there was nothing left. No greens, bread, or meat.

"How have you been doing Wooshik?" Shinji asked, pulling out the chair and taking a seat. "Been treating you well?"

Wooshik nodded his head. "Very... The people here... They are very kind. Surprising for me after what I've done."

"You weren't you" Shinji explained. "The serum you injected yourself with made you more aggressive, prone to anger. Didn't help that you kept on taking it"

Wooshik craned his head. Event though that wasn't him per say, he could still remember all the things he's done. The people he's killed. Now that he had some semblance of his own sanity, he couldn't believe it. 

"All I wanted was to get back at Jintae. Expose him for what he did." Wooshik began, clenching his hands which were bound, into fists. "Then at some point... I just... Blacked out. I was there but... I wasn't the one controlling what I was doing or saying..."

"Safe to say it was like... It was like I was trapped in my own body with no control. The words that I spoke... They weren't necessarily all from the serum" Wooshik said, letting out a heavy sigh. He looked at Shinji with guilt-ridden eyes. 

"Some of it was true I presume?" Shinji asked. 

Wooshik lowered his head, moving it a bit to nod. "What I said about killing Jintae was true. The bit about killing everyone else associated with him had some truth to it" 

"Is it really wrong?" Wooshik asked. "When I was in the military, thats all they ordered me to do. Go find this factions leader and kill him. His associates? Kill them too. Why? Because they are dangerous and threaten the lives of many others."

"Me, along with multiple SOF teams out there have done the same. What I saw in those terrorists eyes were no different from the ones who took my family away. The people who create the monster should just be as guilty as the crimes the monster committed."

Shinji leaned back onto his seat. He always had this no kill policy. He never really thought about this other perspective. Wooshiks view on criminals was, needless to say, very different. Then again, the criminals Shinji has dealt with are very different from the criminals Wooshik dealt with.

"To me..." Shinji began. "As a single person... I don't believe I have the right to judge someone's fate. I don't have the right to choose whether or not someone lives."

"It's easy to say when you didn't lose someone you love" Wooshik gritted his teeth. Just the thought of that day made Wooshiks blood boil.

Shinji joined Wooshik in clenching his fists. "No..." He said with a quiet and restrained voice.

"I know exactly what its like" Shinji said, his eyes lowered to his hands. He unclenched his fists, looking at the palms of his hand. "I understand the feeling... How it's like to have your father taken away"

"I've been in your exact position" Shinji began, looking up at Wooshik. Just from one glance Wooshik could see a familiar glint in his eyes. It's one not many people had. He could see Shinji was holding onto a lot of baggage, that of pain, loss and regret.

"I know that feeling... You probably thought... If only I had more power I could have done something" Shinji began, his words striking a chord in Wooshik. "With more power I could have stopped it"

"Anyone who has ever felt weak thought of the same thing" Shinji continued, his fists clenching so hard it looked liked his nails might puncture his skin. The man who sat in front of Shinji could see him trembling, fighting for some sort of emotional control.

"Once you achieve that power and go throw it around because of your own self-righteousness--you'll be the one inflicting the very same pain on to others." 

Wooshik became speechless. "This kid... For someone so young... He must have experience a lot of hardships..." He thought. 

"Times up" The SHIELD agent entered the room, standing by the door with his hands behind his back.

Shinji recomposed himself, nodding at the agent. He got up from his chair and walked towards the door, turning around to face Wooshik one last time. "Don't make the same mistake I made" He said before walking off, the door closing behind him.

The words rung in his head. Wooshik could only lean back into his chair, thinking on what Shinji had said.

~The Next Day~

"Make sure you message me when you three land. I don't want to worry anymore then I had to for the past few weeks" Shinji was standing at the entry gates, seeing Momo, Sana and Mina off as they headed back to Japan.

"Don't worry Shinji we'll make sure to message you" Mina said, walking up to him and giving him a right hug. 

Since Shinji wasn't going to be their manager anymore, the girls decided to just call him by his first name. At least for the members who were older than him. That also meant Shinji was to call the members older than him noona. When Shinji first addressed them that way, it just hit different.

"I really wish you could come with us" Momo said with disappointment. "We could have showed you around"

"We'll have more opportunities, so don't worry about it" Shinji said, wrapping Momo in a hug as well. 

Shinji finally turned to Sana. "Are you going to be okay?"

"Here I thought I could at least spend some time with you..." Sana pouted, not being able to go out with him with a week off made her angry. They don't get days off often, and the one time she gets one, she couldn't even go on a date.

"I want to too. I'll try my best to make time when you come back okay?"

"Promise?"

"Promise" Shinji said, pulling her in for a hug, and placing as kiss on her forehead. "Now get going. Were lucky that no one has noticed you yet"

"Haiii~" Momo raised her hand and began walking towards the gate. 

"Bye Shinji! Stay safe!" Mina waved, following Momo.

"Text me every day okay?" Sana ordered, Shinji laughing in response and nodding his head.

He watched as the three girls left for the gates. The custom officers checking their boarding passes and passports. The custom officer for a second looked shocked, but tried her best to regain composure. 

Once they were allowed through, they all turned to wave goodbye to him. Shinji mirrored that, smiling as they finally disappeared from his sight.

"Man... It's going to be weird to not see them this often anymore" Shinji said to himself.

*BZZT* *BZZT*

Shinji took out his phone, receiving a message from JYP.

JYP: Shinji? Are you on your way?

Shinji: Yes, leaving the airport now.

JYP: Great. The girls from ITZY are really excited to meet you. Get here as soon as you can okay?

Shinji: Okay, understood!

JYP Ent.

"Mmm... I'm really nervous" Yuna was walking with her members down the hall of JYP. They were called up by Park Jin-Young himself, but they didn't know what he wanted.

"I'm sure it's nothing bad" Lia responded, though she was just as nervous as Yuna. She just didn't want to show it.

"Oooh. Maybe were finally meeting the manager?" Ryujin guessed.

"Ah! That might be it!" Yuna agreed, clapping her hands with excitement. The maknae then turned to Yeji who was leading the group of them. "You said he was around your and Lia-unnies age right?"

"Mhm. A couple years older than the both of us" Yeji answered.

"So young... I hope JYP-nim knows what he's doing" Chaeryoung sighed, not entirely sure of this manager. 

"I'm sure it's going to be fine" Yeji said, the group stopping at JYPs office and knocked on the door. "Soojin-unnie told me he's really dependable"

"Come in"

Yeji opened the door to JYP offices, the five girls entering and lining up. "Annyeohaseyo JYP-nim" The girls all greeted, bowing to the man seated behind the desk.

"Hello girls. Thanks for coming by" JYP said. "I'm sure you've been told that the five of you are finally getting a permanent manager. Sorry it took so long"

Yeji shook her head. "It's okay. Were just glad that we finally might get a dependable manager."

"Is he here by any chance?" Ryujin asked.

"He's on his way here now. He was at the airport, seeing Mina, Momo, and Sana off" JYP's phone buzzed, he leaned over to let the message through. 

"JYP-nim. Mr. Park Jaeyoung is here. Would you like me to send him up?"

"Ah! Yes, please" JYP smiled, happy that Shinji has finally arrived.

"Jae...Young?" Lia's whispered, her heart jumped at the name. In an instant, Lia felt her palms get sweaty. "There's no way..."

"Hm? Jaeyoung?" Chaeryoung twisted her lips, remembering seeing that name before. She went through her handbag, and pulled out Shinji's driver license. "Is this him?" She  asked herself, a picture of the boy, along with his name underneath it.

"It can't be him... You're thinking too much" Lia thought to herself. Her eyes wandered the office, and soon they ended up at Chaeryoung. Her heart stopped once she saw the license photo. 

"Unnie?" Chaeryoung noticed Lia staring wide eyed at her. "Are you--"

"Sorry" Lia lunged in and swiped the license right out of her hands, scaring the poor girl. Lia's other members were shocked at the sudden aggressiveness, very out of character of her to do something like that.

Her eyes focused on the boys visuals. Even if it was just a photo, her heart kept on beating faster and faster. She looked through all the information. His name, birthdate, blood-type... Everything matched up.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"Uh... C-Come in" JYP said, a little taken back from what just happened.

"Sorry I'm late." Shinji said as he opened the door. "Airport traffic is not fun"

All the girls, save for Lia turned to see who it was. The only reason she didn't was because she froze at the sound of his voice, goosebumps riddling over her skin.

Yeji was stuck there, staring at the boy in front of her. She couldn't believe it was him. "O-Oppa?" Her voice quiet and airy.

Lia closed her eyes and spun around. She didn't know what she was going to do once she saw him. 

Their eyes instantly locked into one another.

"It's him... It's really him" Lia could not believe it. The boy she's been wanting to see since forever is standing right in front of her. She took in all of it, how much he's changed... Last time she saw him, he was this cute nerdy boy. Now? "My god..."

"Lia?" Shinji was in the same state of mind. She has become more beautiful since the last time he saw her. He thought this was just some sort of dream.

"Jae" Lia rushed towards, swing her arms and jumping into him. The moment her arms were finally around him and felt that he was real, her grip tightened around him. "It's really you, it's really you"

Shinji was quick to catch her, her head resting on his chest, and the scent of her shampoo tickling his nose. He couldn't believe it. She was right here, in his arms.

Lia was on the verge of crying, not caring one bit who was in the room around her. All that was on her mind was the boy in her arms. She could spend the rest of her days right here like this.

"I missed you so much Jaeji" Lia pressed herself on to him as close as possible. Never wanting to let go.

"I missed you too Lia" 

...

Season Two: Preview

...

"Shinji?" JYP called him over as Shinji entered his office. "How are you doing? Settling in okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Bit of a change but I'm getting used to it" Shinji said, talking a seat in JYPs office. "Is there something you needed?"

"Yes, actually." JYP began, taking out a file. "As you know, ITZY is headed to the states to shoot their music video."

"A few days ago, I received an offer from a big fashion company. Asking for the girls to appear in their advertisements" JYP continued, opening the file and showing Shinji the company. 

Shinji took the file into his hands. He eyed the clothing peculiarly, he felt like he has seen this clothing somewhere before. In fact, the company logo was also something he felt like he saw as well.

"It's a very famous fashion company based in New York. Seeing how K-pop is becoming more popular internationally, they wanted to collaborate with certain kpop artists" JYP continued his explanation. "Of course I accepted, but... The moment the company saw your name, they wanted to do an exclusive ITZY line"

"Huh? M-Me?" Shinji pointed at himself, shocked and confused. "D-Do they know me?"

"The company CEO does" JYP replied. 

"Does the name Felicia Hardy sound familiar?" He asked.

Shinji dropped the file on the table and clutched his head.

"Oh boy..."

...

Character Profile

Biological Information

Name: Park Shinji/Jaeyoung

Nicknames: Jaeji, Shin, Jae

Age: 20

Birthday: 1998.10.29

Species: Human Mutate

Hair/Eye Colour: Dark Brown/Hazel (Blue when using Frostbite)

Height: 176cm (5'9")

Weight: 74.3kg (164lbs)

Other Information

Place of Birth: St. Lawrence, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Family: Park Yookyung (Mother; unknown)

                Kirishima Kenji (Father; Deceased)

                Park Kirika/Seolji (Younger Sister)

                Park Mijoo (Grandmother)

Identity: Secret

Citizenship: Canadian

Occupation: Manager (ITZY current)

                          Assistant Manager (TWICE; Former)

                          Multiple part-time jobs (Former)

Languages: English, Korean, Japanese.

Education: Undergraduate degree at University of Toronto; Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering

Powers: Superhuman, strength, speed, reflexes, durability, stamina, agility and equilibrium

                  Spider-Senses

                  Wall Crawling

                  Regenerative Healing

                  Cryokinesis (Frostbite)

                  Thermal Regulation  

Biological Information 

Name: Park Kirika/Seolji

Nicknames: Kirin, Kiririn 

Age: 18

Birthday: 2001.01.06

Species: Human

Hair/Eye Colour: Dark brown/Hazel

Height: 168cm (5'6")

Weight: 58.96kg (130lbs)

Other Information

Place of Birth: St. Lawrence, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Family: Park Yookyung (Mother; unknown)

                Kirishima Kenji (Father; Deceased)

                Park Shinji/Jaeyoung (Older brother)

                Park Mijoo (Grandmother)

Citizenship: Canadian

Occupation: University Student

                          Part-time model

Languages: English, Korean, Japanese.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.8K 712 7
Based on Marvel's The Avengers - "Listen, I know school sucks. I know you wanna save the world, but you are not ready yet. Stay close to the ground a...
6.8K 519 31
The price of living in America has increased these days. It's harder on those who work lower-paying jobs and for long periods. Jeongyeon being a youn...
21.4K 1.1K 43
Mina just wants, she and her sister ( Sana ) to be close like before. She would do anything for it. That's why when Sana asked Mina not to too close...
12.4K 493 16
(Twice's Mina x FemReader) [Formerly Saving Myoui Mina & Back In Time] You moved to your dream country, South Korea. While walking, you came across J...