The pretend

By SulainahDiamante

What are you willing to do for the one you love? Can you pretend not to be in love with the love of your life... More

00
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 15

669 47 7
By SulainahDiamante

Jared

"Marco can you get me in contact with doctor Emerson Webber," I tell my assistant who looked at me like I have grown two heads. I know he is wondering why I was here when I told him that I will work at home for weeks. His mouth opened and closed wanting to ask but nothing came out. He knows better not to ask. I'm an outgoing person with my employees but I don't want them to interfere in my personal life.

Though I take Marco as my little brother, he had been working for us for seven years and he is the only person except for our friends who know that I'm married to Everett. He had to know since Everett comes here every time. But he sighed the contract to not say a thing. And he had been true to his word because in these years no one knows at the company. They only know that Ev is my friend like Marc is.

"I need him on my phone in ten minutes," I say walking away from him after he said yes sir. I entered my office going straight to my fridge getting a bottle of vodka strutting towards the window taking bitter substance but it wasn't calming me down like at all.

Tears started streaming down my face not controlling them any more. I feel hurt, betrayed yet I know I don't have the right to be. Everett is a grown-up man, he knows what's good in his life and it's his body to choose whatever he wants but what hurts is that he risked his life. We are married, we're one person who was joined together for life so he shouldn't have done it when he knew I was so against it.

We have to decide everything together but he decided to go behind my back. He didn't value his life. He didn't think about me, he didn't think about how it will make me feel if he did it. I like children, yes but I don't want to get them like this. His words still lingered in my mind, he was right. My cowardice made him do this.

He risked losing his life because of me. I'm so undeserving. He deserves better than me but I can't shake off the hurt I feel inside my heart, he should at least have told me.

Everett never lied to me, and likewise, we always tell each other anything no matter how embarrassing or shameful it is. That's our rule but he had to do this without my knowledge. I thought he let it go when he stopped pestering me but I was wrong. He had used the damn pill. I thought this Nick guy destructed him but I was wrong.

I took a big swing on the vodka watching cars pass by, at this moment I don't even know what to think. If I lose Everett where will I be. One thing is for sure I won't be the same. He might not know it but he is my life, my everything.

Yet I can't tell my parents the truth. My subconsciousness said to me. He was right, sometimes reactions speak louder than words. Even though I prolong it, I know the time has to come and choose between my parents and Everett but the question was, who would I choose? I love all of them the same.

Why would I have to choose? Ugggg I hate my life.

I wiped all my tears away when my assistant knocked on the door. He came in "sir here is the number you asked me" I walked towards my chair not missing the way Marco eyed the bottle in my hands. "Are you ok sir" I knew he would ask.

"I'm good Marco" I reply dismissingly.

"Can I call sir Everett?" he asked innocently.

"No, Ju...leave" I gave him a hard stare which means I don't want to be disturbed. He nodded slowly in concern muttering if I need anything I should call him. I dialed doctor Emerson's number. I might be mad at my love, but I can't stop caring for him. I need him in my life.

"Dr. Webber's office who I am speaking to and how may I help you," a high-pitched voice said through the phone.

"This is Jared Easton, can I speak with doctor Emerson Webber," I say through the phone.

"Um you can't speak with him right now, he is busy," she said

"Tell him this is an emergency" I ordered in gritted teeth drinking my liquor controlling to not snap at her

"Sir....."

"Go tell him it's about Everett Rey Easton" I rubbed my forehead. I heard her Sigh in defeat as she told me to hold. I waited while I drum my fingers on the table and tap my feet unconsciously.

"Hello, Mr. Easton is Mr. Everett ok" that's the first thing the doctor said after picking up.

"I don't know, I need you to come and check on him," I say standing up "he had been throwing up over the past weeks, he had lost weight and he looks pale" I add.

"I see, does he has any pains in the body?" he asked

"Not that I know, he just told me that he is pregnant a few minutes ago"

"I see," he hummed through the phone "I need to check on him, he has to take some medication and put him on a drip so that he is hydrated but he keeps telling me to not come" he added worriedly. I know the reasons why he had been telling him not to come.

"Can you board a plane now?" I say praying to God that he can say yes?

"Ummmm....ahh I have so many appointments if you could wait until next week" my eyes widened in shock.

"I will pay for everything please" I implored. "He is not well doctor please help me" I begged more.

"Ok," he said with a heavy sigh after keeping quiet "I will be there tomorrow morning" I smiled

"I will pick you up, thank you" I smile "what can I do in the meantime," I ask

"Nothing just make sure he eats and it's ok if he throws up as long as he had eaten"

"Thank you doctor"

"It's ok see you tomorrow Mr. Easton," we said goodbyes as I seat down downing my drink. I don't know how long I seat there until my door opened Marc came in.

"Hey man, Everett says that you're not picking up" that's the first thing he said. Looking at him he had lost weight too. I think the divorce had been taking a toll on him.

"Everett is pregnant" Marc gasped out.

"So you finally agreed to use the pill, you risked his life, Jared. You knew what that pill can do to him" he snarled at me, not even knowing what was going on.

"I knew all the risks and even though he kept pestering me to use it, I always said no. But he went ahead and did it behind my back" I hissed at him too. He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Fuck" he cursed out "so that's why he had been sick all these weeks" I nodded. He sat beside me looking at me shaking his head. "Now why are you not picking up his calls....don't tell me that you're mad" he posed in the middle

"Of course I'm mad, he lied to me" Marc scoffed

"Don't act like a child Red" he rolled his eyes

"Me being mad at him is acting like a child," I say in disbelief.

"It's ok to be mad, what he did is not ok. You're married he should have told you"

"Thank you" at least he was on my side.

"But at the same time be glad," he says

"What's your point" he shook his head putting his gaze on me.

"You're one of the lucky bastards I know but not treasure what they have" I was confused now "you have a husband who loves you unconditionally, who is risking everything just to see you happy and you're here sulking instead of being there holding him" he snorted shaking his head in disbelief.

"You want me to be happy that my husband the love of my life is risking his life for something I didn't ask" I asked.

"That's not what I'm saying, Jared. What I'm saying here is that be glad that someone out there is willing to risk their life because of you yet you're undeserving. Everett had been there for you. He takes bullshit from your parents, he has been patient, and he cross-dressed just to make you comfortable in front of your parents. If your homophobic mother of yours calls him, he drops everything to go to her, he is back in the closet for you, he does everything for you, Jared. Ev can even go to hell for you and just because he had done one thing, one mistake and you decide to ignore him" he rumbled and when he was done, my eyes were wide in shock. Marc was right. I should be with my husband right now not here weeping.

He needs me.

"Your right man," I say standing up be then stumbled falling back on my ass. My head spinning.

"I know I'm right. Jared, Ev is also scared don't leave him. It's hard to find someone like him. Just treasure him while it lasts. I don't want you to be like me man" I nodded. He stood up and went into my fridge getting me a bottle of water handing it to me "I slept with a man" I instantly choked on water hearing what Marc had said.

"What man? Do you want to kill me" I look up at him?

"I was so mad Jared, mercy moved out and took the kids, she's taking all the things and the court is favoring her yet she is the one who cheated. I was so devastated man and  I went to the club got drank so hard the next day I wake up beside a man" he explained

"Tell me you used a condom," I say

"I think we used it, I don't recall"

"Don't just think man, did you go to the doctor," I say worriedly.

"I'm I I"

"Fuck Marc let's go now," I say stumbling a little bit but I can walk "people have infections you know"

"I know that Jared, that's why I'm scared to go. What if I got infected with something"

"We won't know if we don't find out, did you bottom," I ask as we moved out of my office saying bye to Marco.

"My back still hurts" I nodded slowly as we got into the elevator. "I'm scared man" I put my hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"When did it happen," I ask.

"About a week ago"

"Shit" I wanted to add but seeing the fearful look on his face I decided to shut up. "Everything will be fine man, don't worry. Can we use my car or yours" I ask

"Mercy took all the cars, I use uber nowadays"

"I still can't believe that Mercy did that to you" I toss my keys toward him so that he can drive. If I was in a good condition I would but I'm drunk.

"Let's just call a Uber, my hands are shaking" I nod as we did what he had asked. We reached the hospital as they checked him out, I was worried about him. we waited for a few minutes but it felt like hours When the result came back I didn't get to see them but Marc told me he was ok just gonorrhea which was curable. I was happy that it wasn't much though Marc looked worried but I calmed him down.

We called another Uber to take us to my house to go see my baby Everett.

**

Hope you enjoyed it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82 3 11
How far would you go to express your love to the one you truly love?
34K 1K 32
I found my dad, who is actually my adoptive father and president of a big company, should be a crossdresser by accident. The fact really shocked me a...
56.6K 1.5K 30
Would you think you'd be fine living your life without revenge? ❇