Long Way Home | TaeKook

By towhoeverlikes96

He was engaged to a beautiful man Park Jimin, everything was planned...his emotions were in check...and just... More

Introduction
The Destiny
Who are you?
The Feel of Return
Over The Edge
The Forbidden Emotion
Those Left Behind
The One That Got Away
The Messed Up Night
The Past
Losing Game
Fools And Cowards
The Love I Lost
The Advice
Circle Of Lies
The False Trust
Why Tears Fall
The Rain - Part 1
The Rain - Part 2
Point of Return
The Plan
The Wedding Day
The Answer
Unexpected Visitor
How Did You Do It?
The Cafe
The Chase
The Misunderstanding
The Deal
The Invite
You are him?
Why are you here?
Bubble Gum
The Event
The Fashion Icon
The Gift
The Moon
The Meet
The Search
The Chaos
Those Eyes
Things Friends Do
Should I Stay?
Just Us
After Storm
The Warmth
The Apartment
Press Conference
Into Your Arms
Cuddles?
Jeon Cop
The Papers
My Letter
Be Mine?
The Dinner
Movie Marathon
The JK Enterprise
Hate & Guilt
The Separation
Crossing The Distance
The Count of Promises
Unwanted Existence
Broken Pieces
The Request
Revisiting Memories
Choose Wisely
New Book

Breaking Down

748 24 2
By towhoeverlikes96

------Third Person's Prov----------------

"But someone told them Eun-woo's weakness... that was-."

"Me" the ravenette replied whispered to no one.

"Yes, you"

"He loved you more than anything. I was out of the country and was not able to keep track of you and Eun-woo. I wish I had not left the country that day... I could have saved my baby." The woman sobbed as all the memories flashed in Mrs. Jeon's mind.

—-Jungkook's Prov —------------------

I was stunned and speechless, I did remember those days where I tried to follow hyung but he always declined my requests and worked overnight. I could hardly spend time with him. I thought hyung also started to think like father and found me useless. But... he... just...all this time was protecting me.

I wanted to cry out that the pain was getting unbearable. I so want to believe my mother's words ... but how can I... what if this is all a trick... I cannot crumble down... not now when I am at war against my father.

I kept my composure and tried to hear what the women had to say. But suddenly there was this ringing sound buzzing through my ears as I tried fill my chest tighten.

No... I can't be the reason for hyung's death... Did I kill my brother....No...NO...

Stop this all..... stop it someone... my mind was blaming myself. Eun-woo's body laying on the cold floor flashed .

I heard faint voice ... someone calling my name... but the buzz in my ear won't stop.

There I heard my name again...

What is it saying... what.. oh breathe...

"Jungkook! breathe... in ..out..."

I did as the voice said and finally the buzz reduced causing me to look up from the hand on my shoulder to the person. It was Eun-woo... hyung you are aliv-

My lips slowly turned upwards but stopped when my mind registered whose voice it was. It was not hyung...

"Kook, are you okay now?"

It was Hoseok...

I gave a slight nod and looked back at the woman who had concern featured on her face. A chuckle escaped my lips which turned into a fit of laughter. I just couldn't help but laugh like a maniac that few tears rolled down my cheek. I wiped them quickly while still holding my laughter.

I placed my palm covering my face and gripped my strands slightly. "Why should I believe you"

"Because the autopsy reports say it" An unknown voice spoke from behind me. But I knew that voice... I knew it very well ...

"Why are you here Soo-hyun?" I asked, still hiding my face behind my hand. I had enough of everyone.

—--- Third Person's Prov —--------------

Hoseok sighed when he saw the unwanted guest enter the already messed up situation. I am stuck here tonight ... Someone is definitely dying today.

Namjoon sighed and took a seat on the couch, he knew the night had gone down terribly and this was just the beginning.

"Because I knew you wouldn't believe your mother's words. So here I am with proof." the man in his early 30's said. He was a charming young man who could steal anyone's heart in a beat but his eyes said a different story they were always calculating and observing everyone.

Jungkook turned around and raised a brow while his tongue unconsciously poked his inner cheek. He huffed and grabbed the papers which the other held out.

He looked over his shoulder at his mother before saying, "So you have teamed up with him now?"

The ravenette glanced at Namjoon passing a message which the blonde understood. He walked over to Jungkook and took the papers from his hand.

"Namjoon, use all contacts, any methods and verify if the papers are valid. I am not believing any of them unless I get proof."

The blonde didn't argue further and gave a nod, he knew it wasn't the right time to cross answer Jungkook.

"And you both... let's get to business. Tell me what you want from me."

Soo-hyun Jungkook's uncle and the illegitimate child of the ravenette's grandfather. His grandfather had an affair with a young woman in his late 50's. Hence his so-called uncle was young enough for that title in family tree.

His uncle chuckled, "I don't want anything from you. I am here to help you get the empire that belongs to you."

This led the ravenette to raise a brow. "Why would you help me. What is your profit ?"

"You underestimate your value Jungkook. You are my greatest investment and helping you will help me because you have more potential that my hot headed brother"

"Soo-hyun!" Mrs. Jeon said in a warning tone not liking the way her ex-husband was called. Even though she had left him there was once something between them before it went down.

"Did father know?" the ravenette asked, this question was haunting him from the time his mother had told him that Eun-woo was murdered.

"What?" Soo-hyun looked quizcally at the ravenette trying to understand what the other was asking about but soon enough he joined the dots in his head. His expression changed to one of amusement when he knew what Jungkook was asking about.

"No, he doesn't and didn't even try to find out. He still thinks Eun-woo suicided because he couldn't cope up with his wife death right? Silly father of yours too blinded by his empire. Didn't even know how many times he endangered his son due to all the rivalry which led to his death."

Jungkook glared at the other who had a stoic face. It was hard to find what the man was thinking behind that facade of his. He neither had a smile nor any concern.

The ravenette had enough of everyone and wanted to get out of here and so he did. He walked ahead bumping his shoulder lightly against his uncle.

"Hoseok, arrange a meeting tomorrow because I need some answers." He walked out of the office while he just wanted to break down and cry.

—--Jungkook's Prov —------------

I had to maintain my composure, I can't let anyone know how much all the information has created a storm inside my heart. I know Soo-hyun's men will be watching my move and that weakness I don't want to show until the reports turned out to be valid.

I opened the driver's seat and slid inside the car turning on the engine. Memories of my time with Eun-woo flashed in front of my eyes. The way he always was proud of me and encouraged me. The last call where he said that he loves me and was sorry that he couldn't spend more time with me. Only if I knew that he was saying his last goodbye.

The hate towards love I had built up all this time was wrong. I felt guilty for thinking hyung never loved me. I should have tried to investigate his death .... Why did I not do it?

The voice of gps saying 'You have reached your destination' brought me back to reality. I looked around and sighed. I already reached home. It feels like all my life I have lived was a lie....

I punched in the code as if it was an old habit forgetting completely about certain someone in this whole ordeal

I just wanted to close my eyes... Maybe forever ... It was too much to accept. The apartment... It was dark just like my life. I dropped the blazer on my way to the bedroom not caring about it laying on the ground.

I banged opened the door, halting in my movements. There the moonlight illuminated the bedroom making it visible for me to see the person asleep on the bed.

Taehyung...

I felt someone clutching my heart tightly, my eyes never leaving the peaceful face of the beauty asleep. I forgot about Taehyung... the guilt had started to eat me up. Everything was haywire and I didn't know what to do.

My grip on the door knob tightened when I realized the harsh sound of the door opening caused the blue haired beauty to stir. Taehyung was always a light sleeper. I saw him rubbing his eyes and blinking a few times staring towards me.

"Gguk?"

How should I answer him... I failed to keep our promise. I failed as a brother... as a son...

I saw him sit up quickly and open his arms. Worry was written all over his face. He knew I needed it. And I walked towards him while he embraced me in a hug.

Here I was seated lifeless while Taehyung had placed my face against his chest, resting his chin on my head. His hands moved through my raven locks trying to calm me down.

A sob passed my lips... followed by tears. Finally the lump in my throat gave up and all the emotions started to pour out. My sobs grew louder as I buried my face in his chest hoping that it would protect me from everything.

"Shhhh... I am here for you Jungkook. Let it out. I am here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Will Taehyung be able to help Jungkook... ? Will Love still stay strong?**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819K 35.4K 88
A bad romance. Full of love, hate and revenge. When jeon jungkook a university heartthrob and Kim Taehyung a new student, known for his ethereal face...
567K 30.1K 47
COMPLETED "I love you." "But you're married." A KookJin/JinKook FanFic 1 - Jungkook (082521) 1- Jin (082521) 1 - JinKook (03072020) 2 - seokjin (0522...
156K 8.3K 43
"Do you think universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences. My life was full of chaos, the cha...
138K 4.7K 22
Mr. Jeon, Decide fast, I don't have a whole day for you. You have two options, your love or respect. Be ready, Next week we will get married in front...