Fault of Mine

By bluscape

This story is based on Virat's emotions affecting him and his relations with ICT. Will he able to cope with... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
A/N and Prologue
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
IMPORTANT
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8) - Last

Part 1

3.1K 84 20
By bluscape

A/N: New story with collaboration Kiran1209. Hope u enjoy.

Author's POV:

ICT has gathered for upcoming series. Everyone was present except Virat in hotel lobby meeting each other till the arrangements were made. After some time Virat came and saw that everyone was busy. He quickly went to the reception for his key. As the arrangements were done they handed him the key. He quickly went to his room without meeting anyone.

Bhuvi and Jaddu were near reception and saw how Virat hurriedly move towards his room. He did not meet anyone. Jaddu called him but it seemed that it did not reach his ears.

As soon as he went in his room .. the reception person went to the waiting lounge and handed everyone the keys. One by one everyone went to their rooms. Mahi and Rohit were still in the waiting area.

Receptionist : Any problem Sir ? Do u need anything ?

Rohit : No we are just waiting for Virat Kohli. He may be arriving in a minute or two.

Receptionist : But Sir .. Virat sir already arrived. He was the first one to take the key. He went to his room. We just dropped of his luggage there.

Mahi surprised to hear that so again asked : Are u sure ?

Receptionist : Yes sir answered them and left from there

Mahi bhai : Cheeku came and we didn't know. He didn't come here to talk to us also ..

Rohit : something is wrong bhai ..

Mahi : Let's figure it out afterwards.. get some rest we have practice session in evening .. Saying this they both left to their rooms.

------------------------------

Meanwhile in Virat's room:

Virat was sitting on floor with his head buried in his knees. He could not stop his tears after reading this. He just could not believe that Mahi bhai and Rohit are being dragged now in this trolls and accusations. He alone could have taken it but now his two most important person in his life are being dragged into this mess. All because of him.

He just lied down there thinking that may be if he distanced himself from them then this will not happen. Because due to him they were getting dragged. And that was mainly associated with him because of how they were supporting him in his every decision.He slept off on the floor due to exhaustion.

It was evening and everyone was about to go for practice. Mahi bhai thought once to check on Cheeku in his room. Mahi bhai entered directly and saw Virat sleeping on the floor. He got worried about him. He went towards him and shakes him to wake up.

Virat just rubs his eyes as he saw Mahi there : Bhai ?

Mahi softly : Yes Cheeku .. why are u sleeping on the cold floor .. u will get sick .. and we have practice in the evening remember?

Virat formally : Yes I remember .. sorry I am late. U go .. I will come after getting freshening up.

Mahi noticed something different about Virat. He was not chirpy as usual. And his eyes were red as he have been crying for long time. He decided to talk to him afterwards.

———————————
Everyone started the practice. During practice Rohit noticed that Virat was hitting the ball real hard. Mainly Virat was taking out his frustration because he was blaming himself. Whenever Virat would look at Rohit and Mahi bhai now he would feel that. Rohit observed him and how he was practicing and it had gone for like whole practice session.

Everyone left the practice ground except Rohit,Mahi and Virat. Virat was still rigorously practicing with the ball throwing machine. Rohit went towards Mahi bhai who was also coming there.

Rohit worried : Mahi bhai something is seriously wrong. He is hitting the ball too hard.

Mahi : I know Ro .. but we cannot discuss it now. We have match tomorrow.

Rohit went towards Virat : Vi .. enough for today's practice. Don't exert yourself. We have a match tomorrow.

Mahi : Yes Cheeku lets go and we will meet at dinner.

They all got freshen up and went towards dinner area. Virat was lost in thoughts playing with his food. Rohit and Mahi bhai came and sat beside him. Rohit had to do something because Virat was unusually silent and he could not take that.

Rohit deliberately: Mahi bhai lets eat some proper food like butter naan and paneer masala.

Rohit was immediately expecting Virat's reply as: "You are a professional cricketer.. you will not all this or you will run extra laps tomorrow.."

Virat did not say anything. "Cheeku u dont have any problem if Rohit eats that" asked Mahi now suspicious. "No bhai why will i have any problem .. he can eat whatever he wants" answered Virat formally and left the room.

Mahi  and Rohit were shocked at his reaction. Virat went towards his room and locked it. It was too damn hard for him to behave like this with them. He so wanted to go and hug Mahi bhai and Ro voicing out the insecurities and fear but he can't.

------------------------------

After dinner Jassi wanted to talk to his Virat bhai basically cling to him. He was missing him so much. Jassi moved towards Virat's room. He was going to enter without knocking as usual. But to his surprise he found it locked.

Jassi went from there and met Rohit and Mahi in the middle. "Rohit bhaiya" called Jassi anxiously.

Rohit immediately moved towards him : "What's wrong Jassi?"

"Bhaiya .. Is Virat bhai okay?" asked Jassi worriedly

"Why are u asking like this ?" asked Rohit

"Bhaiya I went to his room to talk to him ... but bhaiya his room is locked. He never locks his room bhaiya. " told Jassi worriedly

This itself surprised Rohit. Now he was also worried about his Vi. But first he need to assure Jassi. "May be he is tired Jassi.. It was a really long journey. Let him sleep. We will talk to him tomorrow" explained Rohit calmly to Jassi and Jassi went from there.

Hearing this Mahi also got into thoughts. Mahi didn't know what was wrong with Virat. His usual goofiness and chirpy nature are missing it seems like the person with him isn't the Virat he knows. This person can't be his cheeku, Mahi Bhai wasn't feeling the usual warmth he always feels with Virat. Something is very wrong with Virat. He is not behaving like himself.

Mahi can remember some instances,
Flashback :

Virat was strolling in garden when Mahi decides to join him.

Mahi bhai : Cheeku yaha kya kar Raha hai.

Vi: Kuch nahi bhai bas aise abhi room mein hi ja raha hoon woh nushkie ka call aane wala hai.

And he left from there, Mahi stood there it was first time Virat didn't spend time with him. The Cheeku he knows would fight with everyone to spend time with him

He also vividly remembers yesterday everyone was fighting about whom will sit beside him on the bus.

But to everyone's shock, the person who fight the most was already seated in front, and when he asked Virat why isn't fighting with anyone for the seat he only shrugged and said that Ro can sit with him.

Flashback ends.

Rohit nudged Mahi bhai to bring out of his thoughts. "What are u thinking bhai?" asked Rohit.

"Nothing Ro. Lets go and sleep. We have an important match tomorrow" said Mahi and they went in their rooms.

Here Virat was feeling restless after reading the articles describing how Mahi bhai was supporting him even if he opposed his decisions. It was related to the interview where Mahi bhai had said that Virat had capacity to say no to 100 options.

Virat just sat half lying on bed thinking all this.

--------------------------------------------

New book with collaboration with Kiran1209

Vote and comment the feedback

Leave inline comments and improvements required.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 1.3K 16
MahiRat and RohiRat story. This is my old book which was lost.
21.4K 909 12
This is the stroy about how Rohit and others try to fix the broken bond of Mahi and Virat. This is my first story and dedicated to all the ict story...
22.7K 1.1K 12
This book is about RohiRat friendship.
73.2K 4K 41
A girl with broken heart collides with a guy. Will that guy make way through her broken heart ? Or she will be broken and messed for the second time...