An Unexpected Engagement

By colacejohansson

Natasha Romanoff has a huge crush on CEO Steve and decides that the company's Christmas party is the perfect... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
+ bonus 📲
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Quarantine Diary of Natasha Romanoff-Rogers
Chapter 80
Capítulo 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Capítulo 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122

Chapter 26

477 25 7
By colacejohansson

How did we get to that point?

Seriously, someone up there must have hated me a lot to put me in that bizarre situation, crouching hidden behind my boss's desk, whom I had just given oral sex to (example, by the way). Okay, the boss in question is my fiancé, but honestly, he's embarrassing all the same!

“Hey James, I had forgotten about this meeting,” Steve starts to say as he zips up his fly, taking a handful of my hair in the process. I stop myself from screaming and tap his leg to loosen my hair, at which Steve swears.

I can only imagine James' confused face.

- It's all right? You look a little…weird,” James says cautiously.

“I'm just… I'm really not feeling well,” Steve replies quickly, managing to free my hair, thank God!

“I imagine it's because of that video.

I feel Steve's tension.

“I mean, not that I've seen. “James must have also noticed the ball out when he mentioned the “Macarena” video to Steve. — You know how gossip is, I mean, not that it's gossip… My secretary Libby was watching when I got to the room and… Well, I didn't want to see it, I even asked her to hang up, I could tell it was embarrassing, I mean …

“James, that's enough,” Steve cuts him off. — The video was just a stupid prank. I ran into some company people yesterday at the pub and just wanted them to know that I can be a normal person.

— Dancing the “Macarena”?

Shut up, James!

I can see Steve's fists clenching and I dig my nails into his leg for him to end the small talk with James, because my knees are already hurting from being in this position.

“Anyway, like I said…” Steve stands up. “I don't feel very well at the moment.

"Are you going to cancel our meeting?" James looks confused. I see Steve's feet beside the clerk's feet, leading him out.

- Of course not. Give me fifteen minutes. I'll splash some water on my face and I'll be fine.

- Hangover? James suggests.

Heck, doesn't he get tired of testing Steve's patience?

"See you later, James!" Steve closes the door and I finally manage to get up, not without some difficulty, from my disgraceful post.

"Wow, that was close!" I wipe my knees and laugh, but when I look at Steve he's not laughing. “Okay, it wasn't funny.

“You're leaving here and you're not coming back,” he says in that super-powered CEO voice with a freezing gaze. - Do we have a deal?
Do you know what would happen if James caught you here, with... with...

"Your dick in my mouth?" — complete and Steve swears angrily.

“Damn it, Natasha!

“Okay, you're right. I better not come back here anymore.
Remember, it was you who asked me to come! I said it wasn't a good idea.

"It wasn't for you to give me a blowjob, it was for us to talk civilly."

"Okay, just keep that raped face, Mr Rogers!"
You should thank me! It might not look like it, but it wasn't any fun kneeling there in fear of being caught by the CFO! I don't feel like being the Monica Levinsky of the 2000s! And my knees are even a little scratchy! I walk past him and open the door. Too late, I remember Wanda.

Ignoring Steve's alarmed face, I close the door behind me and find Wanda staring at me from behind her computer. She wears big, dark-rimmed glasses that make her even weirder.

'Were you there?'

I flash a blasé smile.

- Of course yes. Didn't you see me there when you walked in with James?

She frowns.

- No.

"Well, if you didn't even see me coming in!" I say ironically. — When I walked into Steve's office, I was there with my face buried in the computer...
It even seemed taken by a possession.

She widens her eyes.

'Do you really think so?' That I was taken?

Oh Jesus!

I approach your table.

- Yes definitely. never noticed?

“No, I mean… I have the gift, you know? She lowers her voice and looks at me fervently. Believe me, it's kind of terrifying. - I'm sure there are some
spirits that would like to take over my body.

Oh my!

“Well, I think one of those guys over there, those spirits, might have taken you… That explains why you didn't see me pass and also why you didn't see me in Steve's office.

- You think? I saw Steve and James, how come I didn't see you?

- That's how it works! They are… hanging around your neck, have you never seen that Japanese movie? The… obsessing spirits hang there.

"That's why I have terrible back pain!" I've even been taking a lot of painkillers… They also confuse me… Maybe it's not even the medicine, it's the spirits!

- I also think! In addition to staying behind your back, they must also, I don't know, close your eye so you only see what they want. And you know what? I lower my voice, sounding a bit cavernous like hers. “I've also heard that sometimes you can see things that aren't there.

— Like hallucinations?

- It 's exactly. For example, you might think there's someone in Steve's office, I don't know., having sex with him.

— Wow, I would never see such a thing, it's absurd!

- I agree! But the spirits can do to confuse you!
So if you hear, I don't know, moans… You'll know it's them, confusing your mind.

“Oh, wow… I thought they were my friends. You know, I like to visit cemeteries and praise them. Why would they do this to me?

“Oh, Wanda, how are we supposed to know what's on a ghost's mind, honey?

- I would like to know.

“So die, huh, die,” I mean, but I just smile and pat his hand, pulling away.

— Well, the chat is very interesting, but I have to get back to my work.

"Why were you in Steve's office?" Wanda still asks and I turn around.

'Don't you remember calling me?' Wow, Wanda, they're really tormenting you!

- Wow. And even! Do you want to have lunch with me today? she asks hopefully.

Hell, lunch with that lunatic?

Though it might be nice to be friends with Wanda.

I could go up on the board more often…

I crack a smile.

- Sure. Why not?

- Excellent. Let's grab our lunch at Pret a Manger and head to the cemetery!

Compassion!

I get to my office and only then do I realize I've left my bag in Steve's office!

Damn it!

I turn on the computer while I send a quick message on my cell phone.

“Good luck coming up with an excuse for my bag that was left in your living room!”

That's it.

I'm still kind of pissed at him for getting mad at me.

Heck, not even a “thank you for the orgasm”?

Seriously, if our engagement goes like this, just me doing the heavy lifting and getting kicked after, I'm out!

I mean, it's not like that. Of course I won't leave Steve!

But we'll have to talk. I open my diary and write on the first page: Points to settle with SR (of course I wasn't going to write his name in a place everyone could see! I'm pretty smart and discreet).

Continuing:

Points to discuss with SR for the smooth running of the ̶E̶̶n̶̶g̶̶a̶̶g̶̶e̶̶m̶̶e̶̶n̶̶t̶ E project (which, if anyone happened to open my schedule, I would never find out which N project was my engagement to Steve!).

Point 1 — I don't agree with SR's reaction after the conference where I used my oral skills very well. SR should thank me for the satisfactory end of the conference and not get angry. Giving back would also be a good idea.

- There you are!

I jump up in my chair when I hear Hill's voice approaching my desk and quickly close my diary.

— What a scare, Hill!

"Calm down, what are you hiding there?"

“A top-secret project.

"Um, is that why you had a meeting with Steve Rogers?"

“I didn't have a meeting with Steve Rogers today! I blatantly deny it.

“Hey, Benjamin said he saw you there on the principal's floor.

— Oh, I went to chat with Wanda.

— Wanda?

"Yeah, we're friends.

"You're not Wanda's friend!" He even said he's afraid of her! And also that she doesn't have any style in those black clothes.

“Hey, shut up! I did not say that.

- Said yes!

Why didn't Hill forget about our nasty conversations about our colleagues' style (or lack thereof) like he forgot to pay his share of the rent so he could spend it on beauty products?

“Okay, I said, but she's nice, okay?

- If you say!

- She is. Let's even have lunch together today!

- Serious? Good luck! Angie once told me that she accepted Wanda's invitation and she took her to a cemetery. Crosses!

“Well, I don't think it's a bad idea. It can be a very peaceful place.

"For those who are dead, for sure!" By the way, what a shame yesterday, huh!

- Do not tell me that! I can't even remember how I got home!

“Alan helped me take you. He was kind of weird, actually.

“I have no idea why. I look away from the computer.

"Now let me work, Erin will be here soon to yell at me!"

"Natasha, where the hell have you been?" Where's my coffee? As if summoned, Erin screams from her room and I roll my eyes as I stand up.

- I did not speak?

Hill walks away laughing and I go to the coffee room. And I run into Alan. For a moment I feel my face redden as I remember how he caught me yesterday and how he now knows all about my involvement with Steve.

“Hi.” I try to smile as I walk past him and pour Erin's coffee.

— Are you feeling well today? he asks politely.

- I am yes. By the way, thanks for helping Hill take me. I shouldn't have drunk so much.

“It was better than letting Steve take you.

- Oh yes. I'm sure—” “I don't know how to talk about Steve with him.

It's different now than when Steve was just our boss.

"You can rest assured that I won't tell anyone you're together."

- Thanks.

- You're welcome. He walks past me to leave the room, but I grab his arm.

“I'm sorry for… giving you hope or something.

“Okay, Nat, now I understand why you were dodging. He walks away with a sad smile.

- I am really sorry. “And I do.

Alan is a guycool.

But it's not Steve.

Steve doesn't respond until lunchtime. And I'm ready to go over there to get my bag and tell him to fuck off in the process when Wanda shows up asking me out. I follow her, still a little irritated, and when we're at Pret a Manger, I remember that I don't have a purse, so I don't have money to eat!

- What's it?

— I'll have to go back to the office, I forgot my bag.

“Oh, no problem, I'll pay for you.

- OK thank you.

Gosh, Wanda might be weird, but she was really cool.

And as she suggested, we go to the cemetery. My goodness, that's kind of bizarre, to say the least! Even more so when we sat on a bench in front of a headstone of someone who must have died in 1890 of syphilis and ate our salmon salad.

"Do you think they're watching us?" Wanda asks at one point.

I look around, startled.

- They who?

— The spirits!

— Oh, them! I take a sip of my Coke, trying to ignore the shiver down my spine. "Well, they probably went out to lunch!" I laugh at my own stupid joke, but Wanda remains serious.

- Hearing this? She lifts her neck, getting alert.

— Hearing what?

"I thought I heard footsteps."

“Wanda, we're all alone here, I mean, taking out the spirits… I don't think they're walking around stomping the floor and…” I suddenly stop what I'm saying, totally shocked to see Steve Rogers emerging from behind a headstone! - Holy crap! I yell and Wanda turns around, but luckily Steve has already hidden.

What the fuck is he doing here?

- What's it? What… did you see anything? Oh my God, a manifestation! Wanda looks more excited than scared.

"No, I mean…"

Wanda turns to me again. Steve appears and motions for me to go talk to him.

“Yes, I heard something.

- Serious? Do you have the gift too?

“Actually, I think it might be, see…” I start to think fast and then close my eyes. "They're saying...

"Are they talking to you?"

"They're asking you to close your eyes too..."

- Oh my God!

“Actually, they want you to lie on the floor.

- What?

— Wanda, I don't think it's cool to antagonize them! Do you want to be their friend or not?

- Yes it's true. She does as I suggested, lying on the wet grass and closing her eyes. — Oh, dear spirits, make me your instrument…

“Wanda, you must be quiet. Just stay there, with your eyes closed… I think you might even take a nap… Feel their presence…,” I mutter as I walk away towards Steve.

“What the hell are you doing here with Wanda? He whispers when I get close.

"I wonder what the hell you're doing here, sneaking around the tombstones!" It's gone goth now, eh?

He holds out my bag.

“I went downstairs to return your bag and you were already gone. Alan said that Wanda mentioned that they would come here for lunch. For God's sake, what the fuck is this? He points to Wanda, who is still lying on the floor like a corpse.

— I had to invent that the spirits were telling her to lie down and I don't know what else, after all, she couldn't see you! Didn't she think about it? Steve, you have to learn to be discreet!

One more thing for my Project N list.

Steve runs his fingers through his hair and only then seems to realize that he shouldn't be there.

"Apparently you didn't realize that Wanda would think it was weird for you to come all the way here with my bag!"

“Yeah, I guess I didn't,” he admits.

And it's kind of surprising to see Steve admit that he dumped.

After all, it looks like I'm the out-ball champion in that relationship!

“After you left, I kept thinking about our argument.

“Oh…” I bite my lip, not knowing what to say. I should be screaming, but I can't throw a tantrum in the cemetery with Wanda lying on the ground a few feet away.

“And I think I was a little too hard on you.

“Well, he was pretty tough.”, I can't help but think of the very stupid mental joke. Thank God I manage to contain her in time and Steve continues:

— You're right, I asked you to come to my room. I wanted to talk to you about what happened at the pub and about Alan finding out. I didn't expect it to be…

— Attack you? I raise my eyebrows ironically and he smiles.

“Give me the best oral sex I've ever had.

I open my mouth, stunned to hear that compliment.

Oh my goodness.

I lose my temper a little. My face turns red with satisfaction and a little embarrassment. Maybe because we were there, in that strange place.

What are the spirits thinking of me?

“So I had to thank you.

He holds out the bag and I take it, noticing it's open. When I reach inside, I pull out a bunch of flowers.

— Wow, Steve, I wasn't expecting… — I suddenly stop, taking a closer look at the flower. "Did you steal this from some grave?"

— I didn't have time to stop by the flower shop and I was there… I don't think anyone will mind.

“Oh Steve, this is so…

– Romantic?

— Funeral!

“And a little romantic, you have to admit.

He smiles in that way that makes my heart skip a beat.scompass and touches my face.

- Excuse me. I was an idiot. It's just that I still haven't gotten used to this secret engagement thing.

- I know. I touch her hand, laying my face against it. It was the best place in the world. “We'll find a way.

"Natasha, are you still there?" Wanda calls and I sigh, pulling away from Steve.

- You have to go.

- Yes, you're right.

"Are we going to see each other tonight?" I ask hopefully.

Yes, it would be wonderful to be able to go to Steve's apartment and spend the night there. It would be our first night as a real bride and groom!

He frowns.

- Today?

'Any commitment?' “I don't even pretend I like it.

— No. It's just that I have some reports to read…

“OK, I'll go after nine, how about that? So there's time for me to go home and get some things! I stand on tiptoe and give him a quick kiss, but Steve grabs my hair and sticks his tongue in my mouth.

Damn, he couldn't do that in the cemetery!

My legs are wobbly when he lets go.

“Right, Miss Romanoff. Tonight I'm going to return your little favor in my living room. Think about it,” he says in my ear before letting go of me and disappearing behind the graves.

Wow!

I can barely wait!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 182 18
Marriage is about equality . But here Meera is a final year students and an introvert as the name of friends she has only her family. She is most c...
3.8K 265 10
Stop crying and laugh (I'm also making this because I have too many memes in my gallery so I can just store them here instead of course.) ...
193K 3.4K 121
[ E P I S T O L A R Y ] Baby boy Series #1 Girl banat, Alyzsa was messaging this guy who doesn't know him. He was her long time crush, since she wa...
17.2K 184 35
It was a peaceful day and then I was like "What if I ruined this day with a td gc?" I don't own total drama 𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗥𝗮𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 #𝟣 𝗂𝗇 𝘁...