A Sailor Moon Fanfiction: The...

By Dragomaster312

Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family. A sailor moon fanfic with a special twist in it. I do not... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159

Chapter 18

155 5 0
By Dragomaster312

It was lunch period in Juuban Middle. Usagi and Harusuke were unwrapping their bentos and were looking forward to eating their lunches.

"Oh boy! This looks so good!" said Usagi as she eagerly took a fish cake and popped it into her mouth.

"Make sure not to eat too fast, Usagi," said Harusuke. "You'll get a tummy ache if you do."

Just then they heard Yumi, Naru, and Satsuki.

"Wow! Those photographs look amazing!" commented Yuri.

"I know, right?" agreed Naru. "And what's amazing is that the kid who took them is still only in middle school!"

"It also even says that he won the Japan Photo Contest!" said Satsuki. "This kid's a genius!"

Harusuke and Usagi feeling curious, then went up to the three who saw that they were looking at an article in a magazine. Next to that article were various and beautiful pictures of landscapes from oceans to houses. The two of them were amazed.

"Wow, Naru. Who's the person that took these photos?" asked Harusuke.

"A boy named Kijin Shinokawa," replied Naru. "Known for being a young prodigy in the world of photography."

Usagi then took the magazine, gave it a quick look, and gasped. "No way! It also says that he's a middle school student from Gohongi Middle School?!"

"Gohongi Middle? Isn't that the school that's right next to the one that Rei goes to?" wondered Harusuke thoughtfully.

Usagi didn't answer, for she had taken the magazine and went over to Ami, who was busily working on some equations while eating her lunch.

"Hey, Ami! You have to see this!" said Usagi excitedly. "This boy in this article goes to the school that's right near the T.A. Girls' Academy that Rei goes to!"

"Yes. I'm aware of that," said Ami.

"And isn't that what I just said?" said Harususke flatly.

"Come on, you guys! How can you both be so calm about this?!" cried Usagi indignantly. "Don't you understand that we might have the opportunity to meet someone famous today?! So I say we go and get his autograph!"

"Sorry, Usagi, but I can't," said Ami. "I have cram school this afternoon."

"Aw, come on, Ami!" complained Usagi. "All you ever do is study! We're only young once, so you should make the best of it by having some fun once and a while!"

"But I am having fun," said Ami. "Studying hard is pretty enjoyable, in my opinion."

"I can kinda relate to that," said Harusuke. "Even though studying is supposed to improve your mind, it can be fun once you put your mind to it."

Usagi groaned in annoyance. "You are both so hopeless."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Meanwhile, outside Gonhongi Middle School, the very boy in question was being interviewed by reporters.

"So, Kijin. Tell us!" said a male reporter. "How does it feel to win the Japan Photo Contest?"

Kijin shyly looked down. "Well... I'm happy, I guess," he replied.

"Great!" said the male reporter happily. "And will you continue to photograph landscapes?"

"Well... I guess so..." said Kijin.

Just then, Usagi, Naru, and Harusuke came from behind the corner and saw Kijin. Naturally, Usagi was excited upon seeing him.

"There is he is! I can't believe it!" she cried excitedly. "It's Kijin Shinokawa!"

"Let's go get his autograph!" said Naru.

"Wait a minute, you guys! He's in the middle of an interview!" said Harusuke.

But Usagi and Naru wouldn't listen as they gunned for Kijin, eager to see him and maybe get an autograph, but then someone barred their way.

"That's far enough! Stop acting like a bunch of fangirls!"

It didn't take long for them to realize that the person that blocked their way was none other than Rei.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" Usagi snapped angrily. "What's wrong in asking a celebrity for an autograph?!"

"Do you even understand what his art's even about?" asked Rei.

Usagi immediately gulped, unable to respond.

Harusuke shook his head and sighed. "And once again, Rei's hit the nail right smack on its head."

"I knew it! You couldn't even care less about photography. You're not even interested in his work!" scolded Rei. "You're only going crazy for Kijin is because he's famous!"

"So what?! Who I ask for an autograph is none of your business!" growled Usagi.

"Oh boy. It looks like those two are about to fight again," groaned Harusuke. "I better go break them up."

But he did not need to do that. For right then, Kijin suddenly appeared between the two girls.

"Um... excuse me," he said politely, bowing. "Please stop fighting, you two."

Usagi and Rei stared at Kijin, a little baffled about what he was doing. Likewise, Harusuke and Naru were surprised.

"Well... I guess that's one way of doing it," said Naru.

"Yeah. I suppose so," said Harusuke. "Maybe I should have that guy stop their fights more often. It would certainly make our lives a whole lot easier."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Later that evening, close to the shore on a cliff by the road, Kijin sat on a ledge holding a big lensed camera. He was waiting, hoping to catch the perfect picture of the setting sun as it dipped just above the ocean waves.

"Man... the light at dusk changes so quickly," Kijin said to himself.

Kijin waited, and he waited for the perfect shot to come until finally, he saw his chance.

"There! That's the perfect shot!" he spoke as he readied his camera and pressed the button taking the picture.

He then took a couple more shots so he would have copies. Then came trouble. In his excitement over taking pictures, Kijin felt his foot slip, and he was starting to fall from the cliff. Luckily, a hand was able to grab hold of his just before he fell. Kijin looked up, and he saw his savior. It was none other than Nephrite under his alias as Masato Sanjoin.

"You ought to be more careful there," he said as he pulled him up.

"I-I will, sir!" said Kijin shyly. "Thanks for saving me!"

Nephrite then grabbed Kijin's camera and cast his spell, once again implanting a monster inside Kijin's camera unknown to the boy. Then handed it to him.

"I'm a big fan of your work," said Nephrite. "So, keep taking those great pictures, OK?"

"Um... sure," said Kijin.

And with that, Nephrite walked off, leaving Kijin staring at his back until he was out of sight.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Nephrite was consulting with the stars at his mansion in the woodlands, once again identifying his next victim, Kijin.

"The stars see all, the stars know all," he said to himself. "Sirius, the demon star that shines brightly in the night, is pointing to Kijin Shinokawa, whose energy will soon rise to its fullest. He will now want to take photographs of young girls, and with each picture he takes, his energy will build and build until it reaches its maximum capacity, and then it will be all mine."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Kijin had undergone a complete change from his original personality back at his house. He had turned slightly deranged and now had a strong desire to take pictures of girls. He was like a perv who had reached the breaking point of insanity.

"My creative juices are flowing!" he cackled as he tinkered his camera. "Art is an explosion! I need to take photographs of girls! Anyone will do! Lots of them! I need to take pictures of girls!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi and Harusuke waited in Usagi's room for Luna at the Tsukino residence. She told them that she had something important to give to them. While they were waiting, Usagi was reading through a magazine while Harusuke was sitting quietly. Then Usagi noticed a particular article in the magazine.

"Hey! Harusuke! Take a look at this!" said Usagi as she read it. " 'Be a model! Get your picture taken by the genius photographer Kijin Shinokawa!' "

"Kijin's taking pictures of girls now?" puzzled Harusuke. "Well... since he is a photographer, I guess that's kinda cool, but I would have thought that he'd be more of the landscape type of guy."

"Who cares about that? I'm 'gonna become a model!" said Usagi eagerly. "I'm gonna have Kijin take my picture and then get his autograph!"

Harusuke could only sigh. "Here we go again..."

Then Luna came into the room. As she got onto Usagi's bed, she had a strange device in her mouth. It was flat, pink, and had a small screen with buttons underneath it.

"Hey, Luna. What's that you're carrying?" asked Harusuke.

"This the new communicator for Usagi and the girls," said Luna. "I've already given Rei and Ami their communicators, so I'm giving Usagi hers."

"Oh wow! That's great!" said Usagi as she eagerly took the device. "I'm gonna call Ami right now and tell her that I'm gonna be a model!"

"Usagi! Wait a minute! I think this is one of those things where you're not supposed to use that thing for stupid things!" chided Harusuke.

But Usagi wouldn't listen. She pressed a button on the device, and Ami's face immediately popped up on the screen.

"What is it, Usagi? Is everything OK?" she asked, thinking that something was wrong.

"Guess what, Ami? You won't believe this!" said Usagi excitedly. "I'm gonna apply to become a model!"

Ami was now a little cross. "Usagi, we should only use the communicator for serious matters!" she scolded sternly. "Anyway, I'm kind of bust solving this math problem, so I'll listen to your story tomorrow."

And with that, Ami's face disappeared from the screen.

"Aw, she hung up," said Usagi disappointedly. "Well, fine then. I'll call Rei instead."

"Now hold on Usagi," said Harusuke. "First of all, you shouldn't be playing around with that thing. It's only supposed to be used for emergencies, as Ami said. Secondly, if you call Rei, you'll just be giving her another reason to yell and or pick on you."

Usagi then remembered back to when she and Rei were fighting before. "Uh... yeah. I guess you have a point there," she said as she put her communicator in her pocket. Then she got an idea. "I know! I'll tell Mom, Dad, and Shingo! They'll be thrilled!"

And then Usagi left the room, leaving Luna and Harusuke by themselves.

"I swear... that girl is something else," sighed Harusuke.

"Anyway, Harusuke, I have a communicator for you too," said Luna. "However, yours is a little different than Usagi's."

Luna did her signature great leap back-flip leaving a trail of light. The light swirled around then a tiny object landed on the bed. However, Harusuke was surprised to see that it was none other than his transformation bracelet.

"Uh... Luna? Isn't this my bracelet to transform?" he asked.

"Yes, it is," replied Luna. "But I made some notifications to it. So all you need to do is press that button, and it will connect you to whichever guardian you want to communicate, automatically connecting to that guardian. Just don't go calling everyone like your sister."

Harusuke looked at his bracelet and saw a small silver button on its top. "Wow. That's pretty cool," he said as he put it on. "And don't worry, Luna. I'll only use it in an emergency."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

In the dining room, Usagi and Harusuke came down the stairs. They saw Ikuko cooking something on the stove for dinner and Shingo lounging around at the table as they came in. Usagi then told her mother and Shingo her plans about becoming a model. When Shingo heard what his sister said, he burst into a fit of laughter.

"You?! Become a model?!" he cackled hysterically. "That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! It ain't 'gonna happen!"

"What do you mean by that?!" pouted Usagi indignantly. "Why can't I become a model? I mean, I'm pretty enough!"

"Gimme a break! There's more to being a model than just having a pretty face and a nice body," said Shingo. "The model also has to have a sharp mind too."

"Then I'll just study hard from now on," said Usagi.

"That won't do you any good," scoffed Shino. "You're way too dumb. A brainless bunny like you has no chance of changing that easily. Just give it up. I bet you couldn't even make through the first round, so don't even bother trying."

"Now, Shingo, that's going a little far," said Harusuke. "There's no need to be so harsh."

"Oh, come on, Harusuke, it's for her own good," said Shingo. "Besides, you were probably going to tell Usagi the same thing. You just don't wanna hurt her feelings."

"Mom! Shingo's being mean to me!" Usagi complained to Ikuko.

"Don't be silly," said Ikuko. "I thought what Shingo said was pretty accurate. Having Shingo tell you now is best, so you don't get your hopes up too much."

"Ouch. That's a tad harsh, Mom," cringed Harusuke.

Usagi was now crying, feeling very upset. "You're both so mean! Why won't anyone show me some support?!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A little later, Harusuke took Usagi to the Game Center to talk to Motoki, of whom Usagi also told about her plans.

"Come on, Usagi. You gotta cheer up," said Motoki. "Don't give up before you even start. What's important is that you take on the challenge and try your hardest, even though there's a possibility that you'll fail."

Usagi felt much better. "Thank you, Motoki," she said. "You're the only one who's ever really nice to me."

"Hey! What about me?" complained Harusuke. "I'm showing you some support too!"

Then they heard a voice. "You should give it a shot, Usagi," it said. "Although, I doubt that you'll be able to make the cut, but by all means, go ahead and give it a shot."

The voice came from Mamoru, who was sitting in front of them a few feet away. Usagi was immediately cross upon seeing him.

"Nobody asked for your opinion!" she snapped. "So stop butting in our conversation!"

Mamoru then walked up to them. "To be perfectly honest, people these days have it all wrong, guys and girls. They think that simply having good looks is what makes a girl beautiful, but what makes the girl stand out from everyone else is something far more than just physical appearance."

"And what's that?" asked Harusuke.

"What's inside!" said Mamoru with passion. "A kind heart and the guts to do what she thinks is right and just, no matter how hard and difficult it might be."

Harusuke and Usagi were surprised by Mamoru's words, believing this was the first time Mamoru had something helpful to Usagi.

"That's... a pretty cool thing to say, Mamoru," said Harusuke. "I'm impressed. Although I can't help but think that you forgot the insulting part."

"Girls have guts too, huh?" said Usagi thoughtfully. "I never thought about that."

"That's right," said Mamoru. "However... in your case, you're missing both guts and beauty."

"And there's the insulting part," sighed Harusuke.

"Oh yeah? So what if I don't have them," said Usagi. "I'm just fine the way I am."

"Just listen for a sec," continued Mamoru. "If Kijin Shinokawa is willing to take pictures of any girl, any time, as long as she's beautiful and young, then he's nothing more, but a second-rate or even a third-rate cameraman with that kind of attitude."

"Ugh! You will just shut up already?" humphed Usagi. "I don't even want to look at you anymore!"

And with that, Usagi stuck out her tongue and marched away with Luna trotting close behind.

"Mamoru, you really shouldn't egg my sister like that," said Harusuke. "She may be a little bull-headed, but she's not a child."

"Harusuke's right," said Motoki. "Usagi's a good person, and you should stop treating her that way."

"Well... I suppose you're both right," said Mamoru. "But I really can't help that. Whenever we talk, it always turns into an argument. Guess we're complete opposites."

As Harusuke looked at Mamoru, he couldn't help but think about what he said about Kijin. Then he realized something.

"Wait, now that I think about it," thought Harusuke. "I don't think Kijin's ever taken photos of young girls before."

Then he spoke to Motoki and Mamoru. "Hey, you two. Mind if I ask you both something?" he asked.

"Sure, Harusuke. What's up?" said Mamoru.

"You're both familiar with Kijin's work, right? Has - he ever taken pictures of young girls before this contest ever happened?"

Mamoru and Motoki hummed deep in thought.

"Now that you mention it, I don't recall Kijin ever taking photographs of girls before," said Motoki. "Have you Mamoru?"

"I don't think so," replied Mamoru. "Then again, I've only heard about his work rather than seeing it. Why do you ask Harusuke?"

"Oh, it's nothing," said Harusuke. "I was just curious about something, that's all."

And then, Harusuke left the Game Center following Usagi and Luna back home.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A few days later, Usagi was standing by her mailbox, appearing to be waiting for something. She seemed to be very nervous. Then Shingo came up.

"Usagi? What are you doing standing here for?" he asked.

"N-nothing! No reason!" said Usagi nervously.

Then Shingo understood. "Ah, I see. You're waiting for the mail to see that you got accepted, aren't you?" he smirked slyly. "Don't be ridiculous. There's no way they'd ever choose someone like you. You're 'gonna get rejected the moment they see your picture."

"Oh, be quiet and go away, would you?!" snapped Usagi.

Just then, the postman drove up. "Mail for Usagi Tsukino!" he said, handling Usagi a letter.

Usagi eagerly opened the envelope while Shingo started back towards the house.

"It's probably junk mail or something," he muttered.

But he would soon learn that he was wrong. For Usagi said some words that made him stop dead in his tracks.

"Yes! I got selected!" cried Usagi happily. "I made it past the first round!"

"Say what?!" cried Shingo. "You have to be joking!"

Usagi grinned victoriously and showed Shingo the letter of approval. "It says here that I have to report to the pool at the New Japan hotel for a professional photoshoot tomorrow! In your face!"

Shingo's mouth dropped completely shocked as Usagi merrily skipped past him going into the house.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Harusuke was walking out of his room, still feeling a bit uneasy about what he heard about Kijin and the contest, when he suddenly heard a strange noise coming from Usagi's room. It was the sound of terrible singing. Harusuke immediately opened the door, and he couldn't believe his eyes. Usagi paced back and forth of her room, balancing a stack of books on top of her head, singing and reciting some tongue twisters with Luna covering her ears.

"Usagi? What on Earth are you doing?" asked Harusuke.

Usagi felt a little startled, causing her to make the books fall from her head.

"Hey! Harusuke! What's the big idea?!" demanded Usagi. "You distracted me!"

"Distracted you? From what?" asked Harusuke.

"From practicing being a model," said Usagi. "In case you didn't know, I got selected to be a model for Kijin."

Harusuke's eyes widened at that. "What?! You were selected?! Seriously?!"

"That's right!" Usagi grinned. "If you don't believe me, take a look at the note I got on my desk. In the meantime, I've got some practicing to do."

Then Usagi began to sing again, and needless to say, it was less than perfect.

"Somebody, please make her stop..." mourned Luna.

Harusuke ignored the two and went over to Usagi's desk. He saw the approval letter, and he was even more surprised than ever upon reading it.

"No way. Usagi got picked? By Kijin?!" Harusuke thought to himself. "You have to be kidding me!"

He now felt more suspicious than before, which made him worried. However, he didn't say anything as he quietly left the room while Usagi continued her bad singing practice, much to the chagrin of Luna. Then Usagi suddenly remembered something.

"Oh yeah! That's right! They said we have to bring a swimsuit!"

She then went into her closet and began searching for a swimsuit. The good news was she found a pink one-piece, but the bad news was -.

"Oh no! It's full of holes!" cried Usagi as she burst into tears. "The moths got to it!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Outside of her room, Harusuke stood by himself, still worried. Something had happened to Kijin, and he had a feeling why. He then pushed the button on his communicator, and then Ami's and Rei's faces popped up on it.

"Harusuke? Is something the matter?" asked Ami.

"Yes. There is," said Harusuke. "You know that photographer, Kijin Shinokawa? I think something bad's happened to him."

"Something bad? Tell us what happened," said Rei.

Harusuke then explained to the two what had happened regarding Kijin's recent and sudden interest in taking pictures of girls and how Usagi got chosen to be a photographer. When he finished, Ami was a little worried too.

"I see. So you think that the Dark Kingdom could have gotten to Kijin and is now using him to take pictures of girls?" asked Ami. "If that's true, then Usagi might be in danger!"

"Forget that! What I wanna know is why the heck would Kijin would choose someone like Usagi!" said Rei indignantly. "That moron is way too dumb and whiny even to be a model!"

"That's not the issue here!" snapped Harusuke. "Anyway, that's why I'm gonna follow her and make sure she's alright," said Harusuke.

"But how are you gonna be able to get in?" asked Ami. "There's bound to be Security with all those girls around."

"You just let me worry about that," said Harusuke. "You two make sure you're ready to head for the New Japan Hotel as fast as you can. I'll call you two if I need you."

"Alright then. You can count on us," said Rei. "Just make sure you're careful, Harusuke."

"Will do," said Harusuke as he turned off his communicator.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi was at the New Japan Hotel with Luna hiding in her bag. There were lots of girls there. They were all gathered in the main hall in front of the stage. Kijin then stepped onto the stage wearing a fancy white tuxedo.

"Art is an explosion!" he proclaimed to the girls. "Now, you ladies go to your assigned dressing rooms and stand by for your turn. And in addition, there is absolutely no peeking at the photoshoot! I don't want to be distracted, so remember to show up at your assigned time. Understood?"

The girls all cheered, agreeing as they headed to their rooms to get changed.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi was walking down a hall to find her assigned dressing room. Usagi was excited, but Luna was feeling a bit worried.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Usagi," said Luna. "Kijin Shinokawa's attitude seems to be completely different than before."

"Oh, come on, Luna, you worry too much," said Usagi. "Everyone knows that artists can sometimes be eccentric and temperamental."

"That aside, I still can't believe that you were selected to be a model," said Luna thoughtfully. "I can't understand it."

"Hey! Shut it, Luna!" snapped Usagi.

Then two familiar faces came up to Usagi, which made Usagi surprised to see them.

"Ms. Haruna? Naru? What are you guys doing here?" asked Usagi.

"Oh, hi Usagi," said Naru. "Kijin chose Ms. Haruna and me to model for him."

"And it seems that you managed to make it past the first round, too," said Ms. Haruna.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi, Ms. Haruna, Naru, and the other girls were getting dressed in their swimsuits.

"Hey Usagi, you better hurry up and get changed," said Naru. "Did you bring a swimsuit?"

"Y-yes. I did," said Usagi, slowly blushing. "In fact... I'm wearing it right now."

"Well? Let me see it," said Naru. "You can at least do that much, can't you?"

Usagi gulped, but she took off her clothes and revealed her swimsuit. It was the same pink one-piece, but there were bows all over it so that no one would notice the holes. Usagi was a little worried about it, but Naru loved it.

"Wow, Usagi! It looks so cute!" she said.

"Th-thank you," said Usagi doubtfully.

"Man... it's a good thing I used bows to cover them up," she thought to herself. "Hopefully, no one will notice!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Luna was silently prowling around, investigating the area outside of the changing rooms. As she went down the halls, she noticed something. Someone else was walking around too, a young man wearing a blue janitor's suit. At first, Luna thought it was another civilian, but it didn't take Luna to realize that it wasn't just a janitor. It was Harusuke in disguise. Luna immediately went over to him.

"Harusuke? Is that you?" she asked.

He at first was surprised, but Harusuke was then relieved when he saw Luna. "Whew. It's just you, Luna," he said. "Thank goodness you're here."

"What are you doing here dressed up like that?" asked Luna. "Don't tell me that you're planning to watch the girls?"

"No. Nothing like that," said Harusuke shaking his head. "I'm here because I think the Dark Kingdom is controlling him."

"So you were suspicious too? At least I'm not the only one who noticed," said Luna. "Once again, you've proven that you're way more sensible than Usagi is."

"In any case, we've got to find Kijin," said Harusuke. "If he is under the influence of the Dark Kingdom, we've got to find him before he does something bad."

"Then let's head for the pool," said Luna. "That was where Kijin's having the photoshoot."

"Right."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Soon enough, Luna and Harusuke made their way to the pool where Kijin was with a group of girls readying his camera. Luna and Harusuke hid behind a door and watched, waiting to see what would happen. The girls were posing, awaiting Kijin to take their photos. Kijin smiled darkly, giggling like a madman, and pressed the button on his camera.

A beam of dark light shot out from the camera as he took the shot. Then in a brilliant flash of light, all the girls disappeared. Kijin then cackled evilly.

"Art is an explosion!" he said. "When the feeling comes, I get up close and boom! I'm a photographic genius!"

Harusuke and Luna gasped.

"The girls! They disappeared!" said Harusuke.

"It seems our suspicions were spot on as usual!" said Luna. "We've got to tell Usagi and alert Rei and Ami!"

The two then raced back to the changing room where Usagi and the other girls were. Harusuke stayed outside, but Luna went inside going to Usagi.

"Usagi! Listen to me! We've got trouble!" she whispered urgently. "All the girls that have completely vanished!"

"What are you talking about?" Usagi asked. "Girls can't just disappear."

"I saw it with my own eyes!" protested Luna. "Harusuke too! We're certain that this is a sinister plot by the Dark Kingdom! We've got to let Ami and Rei know, right now!"

"Will you leave me alone?! I don't have time for that!" whispered Usagi. "I have to get ready! It's almost my turn!"

Luna was cross, but then she had an idea. "Alright then. If you don't come with me right now, I'll expose your swimsuit."

Usagi immediately gulped and conceded. "Alright, fine, you win."

She then went out of the room with Luna, where Harusuke was waiting, hiding behind a corner.

"Harusuke? What are you doing here?" demanded Usagi. "Don't tell me you wanted to peep in on the photoshoot."

"You know me better than that, Usagi!" snapped Harusuke. "I came here because of Kijin being under the influence of the Dark Kingdom! So now, if you don't mind, I have to contact Ami."

"Alright, alright," said Usagi.

He then pressed the button on his bracelet, and Ami's face appeared again on the screen.

"What is it, Harusuke?" asked Ami. "Is there trouble?"

Before Harusuke could answer, Usagi rudely interrupted.

"Ami. You have to come to the New Japan Hotel, so you can see me all dressed up for my big photoshoot," she said.

"Will you cut it out?!" snapped Luna. Then she spoke to Ami. "Ignore what she just said. There's been an incident! Please come right away!"

"And make sure you get Rei too," added Harusuke. "Hurry as fast as you can."

"Understood," said Ami. "Over and out."

Then Naru and Ms. Haruna came out of the room. Harusuke immediately shut his communicator and pretended that he was a janitor working so they two wouldn't suspect.

"Hey, Usagi! Let's go!" said Naru. "It's our turn!"

"Coming!" said Usagi.

"Now hold on Usagi!" said Harusuke. "Didn't we just tell you that there's an emergency?!"

Usagi ignored him was just about to walk away when Luna jumped up and grabbed one of Usagi's bows on her back with her mouth and tore it off, catching her by surprise.

"Hey! Luna! What'd you do that for?!" she exclaimed.

Luna then ran down the hall with the bow in her mouth.

Usagi was now very cross. "You're so gonna pay for that, Luna!" she yelled. "Get back here!"

And she gave chase in hot pursuit of Luna. Harusuke chased after them as well.

"Well, I suppose that's one way to get someone like Usagi to follow you," he panted. "It's like a bull and a matador."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Naru, Ms. Haruna, and two other girls were striking poses preparing to get their photos taken at the pool. At that moment, Luna, Usagi, and Harusuke all arrived at the scene in time to see Kijin press the button on his camera. Then, in a blinding flash of light, all four of the girls disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Usagi was shocked. "Th-they vanished!" she squeaked.

"See? We told you so!" said Luna.

"This is bad!" said Harusuke. "We've got to stop Kijin before he makes someone else disappear!"

Kijin was beside himself with glee as he laughed evilly and triumphantly as Usagi, Harusuke, and Luna ran up to him.

"Kijin! What did you do to everyone?!" demanded Harusuke.

Kijin looked at the three and smirked. "Art is an explosion!" he said, aiming with his camera. "Any girl will do! Boom! Boom! I'm going to shoot them all!"

"Don't you understand what you're doing is wrong?!" said Usagi as she stepped towards him. "All of this isn't like you at all! Do you think that any young girl will do?! Taking pictures with an attitude like that makes you no different than a third-rate photographer!"

"Usagi! You're just repeating what Mamoru said!" chided Luna.

"Well... at least she remembered if you want to give her some credit," said Harusuke flatly.

"Deep down, you're a photographer who understands all the beauty in this world!" continued Usagi. "Please, Kijin! You've got to snap out of it!"

Kijin scowled. "Shut up and mind your own business!" he snapped as he gave Usagi a hard shove causing her to stumble and bonk her head on a hanging surfboard. Harusuke immediately rushed to her sister's aid as she held her head in pain.

"Are you OK, Usagi?!" asked Luna.

Usagi answered with a nod and whimper.

"Hey! No one hurts my sister like that!" growled Harusuke. "Time to teach you a lesson! It's time for Solaris and Sailor Moon!"

Usagi and Harusuke straightened up and then transformed into action.

"MOON PRISM POWER MAKE UP!"

"SOLAR GUARDIAN POWER FLARE UP!"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Transformation Sequence: Usagi

Usagi's body shone with rainbow-colored light as she seemed to spin around. Then from her brooch, it flashed pink and pink ribbons shot out, wrapping her upper torso and midsection and became a white leotard with a red bow in the center and a collar that was blue with white stripes. Next, Usagi crosses her arms, and more pink ribbons wrap around them, turning into long white gloves. The pink ribbon then wraps around Usagi's legs and turns into a pair of red thigh-high boots. Then a blue skirt appears around Usagi's waist with a red bow in the back. Then a tiny gem starts glowing in the middle of Usagi's forehead, and a gold tiara with a red gem, a pair of dangling crescent moon earrings, a red choker with a moon on it appear along with red circular accents in her hair buns. Usagi then strikes her signature pose as the Moon shines behind her in the background.

Transformation sequence: Harusuke.

Harusuke's bracelet begins to glow as Harusuke holds it into the air. Next, the symbol of the sun starts to shine on Harusuke's head as golden yellow and silver light envelop his body. First, the sun appears above him, shining its light upon him. Then, while Harusuke bathed in its light, a silver jumpsuit with gold lines on his hips materializes around his body. After that, the light shone on his legs, and long golden metal boots that went up to his knees appeared on his legs with silver hexagon knee pads. Next, the light shone on his arms, and then golden gauntlets appeared on his hands going up to wrists. Then a yellow symbol of the sun materializes in front of him, and it crashes into his chest, making a golden chest piece of armor appear with silver shoulder guards. Finally, a silver helmet covers his head, exposing his hair and making it stand up with a mouth guard covering his mouth and nose. Finally, Harusuke's eyes open, and he strikes his signature pose the symbol of the sun appears behind him.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A girl's true beauty isn't only in her looks!"

"It's in her heart and having the guts to do what's right and just!"

Kijin, who was oblivious to the two, immediately looked up and saw the two heroes that stood before him.

"Who are you two?!" he demanded.

"I am the pretty guardian who fights for love and justice! I am Sailor Moon!" she proclaimed.

"And I'm the knight with the brilliance of the sun and the courage of a warrior who also fights for love and justice! I am Solaris!" he also proclaimed.

"Now, whatever monster that has possessed Kijijn, come out and show yourself!" the two heroes demanded.

But Kijin wouldn't back down. He pointed to Solaris. "I don't care about you," he said. Then he jabbed a finger at Sailor Moon. "But you... you're a lovely photo subject! I must photograph you!"

He then rapidly pressed the button, his camera firing multiple beams at Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon dodged and weaved them all as they went past her.

"Stop this, Kijin!" yelled Solaris. "A monster has you under its control!"

"If you continue, the energy of your passion will completely be sucked away by the monster inside your camera!" yelled Sailor Moon.

But Kijin didn't stop. He kept on firing and firing. Then Solaris had an idea. He immediately rushed straight towards Kijin. Kijin seeing Solaris coming, aimed his camera at him.

"Stay out of my way!" he yelled as he pushed the button.

The beam shot straight at Solaris, but at the last moment, Solaris jumped out of the way and dive-bombed straight for Kijin and kicked the camera out of his hands, making the camera fall into the pool with a plop. Kijin then fell to the floor, knocked unconscious.

"Nice one Solaris!" said Sailor Moon. Then she rushed over to Kijin to make sure that he was alright. "Kijin! Are you OK? You have to pull yourself together!"

"Is it over?" wondered Solaris as he looked towards the water. "Did we make it in time?"

He found that out soon enough. Right then, a large spout of water erupted from the pool, and a being appeared before them. It was a humanoid with pale purple skin, had strange appendages on both shoulders, wore a black leotard with a peculiar purple shirt that covered the left side, and had black-blue hair.

"You're both too late, Sailor Moon and Solaris," the creature smirked evilly. "For I, Kyameran, have stolen Kijin's energy." She raised her hand, which had a strange eye, and aimed at Sailor Moon. "Now, take this!" she yelled.

She then fired a light beam just like Kijin did before, right at Sailor Moon and Kijin. Sailor Moon got out of the way just in time, but Kijin wasn't so lucky. When he got hit with the beam, he too disappeared without a trace.

"Be careful, you two!" yelled Luna. "If Kyameran takes either of your pictures, you'll both be sealed inside a photograph!"

"I don't like the sound of that!" cried Sailor Moon.

"Neither do I!" said Solaris.

Kyameran went on the attack again, firing multiple beams at Sailor Moon and Solaris. The two dodged and dodged, but it was getting more difficult to avoid them. Then there was trouble. In her attempt to evade, Sailor Moon accidentally tripped, causing her to fall flat on her face. Kyameran saw her chance and fired her beam.

"Sailor Moon! Look out!" yelled Solaris.

But then, in a heroic sacrifice, Luna jumped in the way of the beam, causing it to hit her, making her disappear.

"Oh no! Luna!" cried Sailor Moon.

Upon seeing Luna sacrifice herself, Solaris immediately gunned straight for Kyameran. "You monster! You're 'gonna pay for that!" he yelled.

He swung at the monster with a flurry of fists and kicks, but Kyameran dodged every blow. Then when Solaris punched again, Kyameran saw her chance and jumped away from Solaris' next punch, and when Solaris was open, she fired her beam at him, and in a bright flash of light, Solaris was gone too.

"No! Solaris!" cried Sailor Moon. "Where'd he go?!"

Kyameran smirked as three pictures appeared in her hands. "In here," she said as she threw them at Sailor Moon's feet.

Sailor Moon took the photos and stared at them in horror.

"No... Luna. Kijin. Solaris," whimpered Sailor Moon as a tear fell down her cheek. Then she glared at Kyameran. "How... How could you?!"

Kyameran cackled as she aimed with her camera. "It doesn't matter anyway because you'll both be joining them soon enough! So have another taste of my Shutter-Click Attack!"

Sailor Moon backed away, now feeling rather frightened. Then two voices rang out.

"Hold it right there!"

Kyameran and Sailor Moon looked to both their rights and saw that Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars had arrived on the scene making Sailor Moon overjoyed to see them. Sailor Mercury then unleashed her mist using her signature attack while Rei whipped out ofudas throwing them.

"MERCURY BUBBLES SPRAY!"

"Evil Spirit, be exorcised!"

"You fools! Do you think that that'll work against me?!" yelled Kyameran as she fired a barrage of beams all around her.

Her beams destroyed Sailor Mars' ofudas one after another, and she was even able to scatter Sailor Mercury's mist. And to make things worse, her rays were also able to hit the two Sailors, causing them to be turned into photographs too.

"No! Sailor Mars! Sailor Mercury!" she cried.

Kyameran chuckled with triumph as she closed in on Sailor Moon. "No one can save you now," she smirked. "You won't be able to get away from me."

Sailor Moon scooted back with fear until she found herself against a wall of mirror. When she looked back at it, an idea popped into her mind.

"Wait, what'll happen if she takes the force from her own attack?" she thought. "Only one way to find out!"

"I hope you're ready for your close-up!" said Kyameran. "For it's gonna be the last one you'll ever get!"

Kyameran aimed and fired with maximum power. At the last moment, Sailor Moon jumped up, getting out of the way of the blast just in time, making Kyameran's beam bounce off the mirror and hit her instead. Kyameran screamed in pain as the beam seemed to scorch her body, causing her skin to bubble and melt.

"No... how can this be?!" she groaned. "Caught inside my own camera?!"

Sailor Moon saw her chance and took off her tiara, preparing to unleash her attack. "Monster Kyameran! What you've done here was unforgivable!" she said. "And now, in the name of the Moon, I'll punish you! MOON TIARA MAGIC!"

Sailor Moon launched her white energy disc and struck Kyameran right in her stomach, making her burst into flame, shrieking in agony. She soon faded from existence. Then all of the victims in photographs were released and returned to normal, including Luna, Solaris, and the others.

"I think I had just about enough of having my picture taken!" sighed Sailor Moon in relief as she sank to her knees from exhaustion.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Back at the mansion in the woods, Nephrite could no longer feel the power from Sirius, meaning that it was another failed plan.

"No... Kyameran was defeated? But how?" wondered Nephrite.

Then he heard a voice. One that he wished he'd never hear again.

"Well, well. It would seem that your plan has failed, Nephrite," the voice said.

Nephrite scowled, for he knew who it was. Sure enough, the person appeared before him in a large projection.

"Zoisite!" Nephrite growled, clenching his fists.

"I'm sure that Queen Beryl would be quite happy with the result of your fight and that another one of your plans has failed," said Zoisite coolly. "You're failing and underestimated Sailor Moon and her friends just like Jadeite."

Nephite glared in anger, but he calmed down and chuckled. "And what about all your plans, Zoisite?" he rebuked. "Have you the Legendary Silver Crystal that will awaken our Great Ruler?"

Zoisite wasn't smiling anymore.

"I didn't think so," said Nephrite. " And don't forget, there are countless numbers of people on Earth from whom I can steal energy! So why don't you take care of your own business before you go poking your nose into somebody else's?"

Zoisite scowled and said nothing more as his projection faded away.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was now nighttime at the Tsukino residence. All its family members were sitting in front of the T.V. watching the news except for a certain someone.

"Hey. Does anyone know where Usagi is?" asked Kenji.

"She's locked herself in her room and won't come out," said Ikuko.

"She probably embarrassed herself at that photoshoot of hers," said Shingo as he munched on a melon. "And now she's way too mortified to face us."

Harusuke then pinched Shingo on his shoulder, making him yelp in pain.

"Shingo. Be nice," he scolded. "Usagi's had a rough day, so I won't let you talk about her like that."

Then on the TV, Harusuke saw Kijin, announcing that he would take a break from photography for a while, which made the press bustling with questions.

"Will you be able to start again soon?" asked a reporter. "And why have you made this decision?"

"Well, I learned a valuable lesson today," said Kijin. "A woman's true beauty isn't found only by her looks; it's in her kind heart and her love for what's right and just. When I truly understand that with all of my being, only then will I take the camera up again."

"And who taught you this valuable lesson?" asked another reporter.

Kijin smiled and blushed. "A wonderful young lady."

Ikuko sighed. "If only Usagi would become a wonderful young lady like whoever helped him."

"True, but I doubt that will ever happen," said Kenji.

"You got that right," said Shingo. "That's way too much to ask for a dumb sister like her."

Harusuke could only chuckle and shake his head. "If only they knew," he thought to himself. "If only they knew..."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Usagi was fast asleep on her bed in her room, exhausted from her day. She dreamt of being a beautiful and highly respected model as she slept. I guess we all know who was starting to mature as a wonderful young lady. Don't we?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.8K 17
While exploring Iwatobi High School, you're suddenly offered a spot on their renewed swim team to train and compete in events. What could be more per...
87.7K 4.1K 19
A MakoHaru Fanfic c: After Rin is threatened by his Homophobic parents that he should either chose Haru or Swim, the indecisive teenager ditches his...
3.4K 98 14
MakotoxHaru's Twin Sister!Reader After moving back in with Haru at Iwatobi, starting a relationship with Makoto, and helping Rin get his friends back...
68.7K 1.3K 36
hi lovely human beings 💐💐 i plan on just making a bunch of oneshots for different ships (i promise they get better as you move forward) most of the...