My Responsibility (K-pop girl...

By EnglishIsDumb

Season Two: Broken Bonds After the defeat of Sentinel, the nation returns to normal. However, this event has... More

Prologue: Shinji Park
Chapter One: Let's Do This One More Time
Chapter Two: Korea
Chapter Three: Reunion and Meeting
Chapter Four: The Job Offer
Chapter Five: Chance Encounter
Chapter Six: First Day On The Job
Chapter Seven: Sakura
Chapter Eight: Caring For You
Chapter Nine: Catching the Feelings
Chapter Ten: Weekly Idol
Quick Update!!
Chapter 11: A Growing Mutuality
Chapter 12: Light Fury
Chapter 13: Not a Date?
Chapter 14: Back To School
Chapter 15: Close Calls
Chapter 16: Getting Popular
Chapter 17: It's Definitely A Date
Chapter 18: Questions, Questions, and More Questions
Season One: No Escape
S1: Chapter Two - Shinji and Lia
S1: Chapter Three - A Unique Date
S1: Chapter Four - Meet the Family
S1: Chapter Five - Arising Problems
S1: Chapter Six - Out of your hands
S1: Chapter Seven - The Need To Help Others
S1: Chapter Eight - Let Me Help
S1: Chapter Nine: The Days We Will Miss
S1: Chapter 10 - A Harsh Reality
S1: Chapter 11 - Hospitalization
S1: Chapter 12 - Catalyst
S1: Chapter 13 - Conversations
S1: Chapter 14 - Real World
S1: Chapter 15 - Descent
S1: Chapter 16 - Sentinel
S1: Chapter 17 - Storm Approaches
S1: Chapter 18 - A Higher Purpose
S1: Chapter 19: Spider-Man
S1: Chapter 20: Like Old Times
S1: Chapter 21: Triple Booked
Season One: Final Chapter
Season One: Epilogue
Season Two: Broken Bonds - Chapter One: A New Day
S2: Chapter Two - A Normal Day
S2: Chapter Three - IT'z U.S.

S1: Chapter 22: Battle of Myeong-Ye Tunnel

2.4K 100 42
By EnglishIsDumb

A/N: Hey everyone! Welcome to chapter 22.

Thank you for all the love on the previous chapter. I was not expecting it to blow up as much as it did.

Please enjoy the chapter!

...

"What did you do?!"

"You shouldn't have done anything!!"

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID. THIS WAS YOUR FAULT!"

"He's gone because of you"

"Are you going to drag them into your mess too?"

"Huh?!" Shinji rose up, looking into darkness. Everything from top, bottom, left and right, all black. He spun a whole 360, wondering what was was happening.

"Whats going on?" Shinji asked aloud, spinning until a mirror appeared in front of him. A mirror that wasn't there before. 

Shinji could see a silhouette of his reflection... "No... T-That's not mine..." He thought. The silhouette was around the same height, maybe a tad shorter. He was also a little bit more on the bigger size in terms of his body. 

Shinji gulped and stepped forward, and as he expected, the reflection... The person, did not move. It just stood there, its face covered by the darkness, standing there... As if it was just waiting from him to get closer.

Shinji stopped a couple steps away from the mirror. Even though he was so close, he still couldn't make out the figures face.

"Who are--"

"You know who I am" He said, his voice distorted, the pitch shifting from high to low at random times. When he spoke, it felt like his voice was coming from all directions, making it seem like the figure was just mouthing words silently.

"You're going to drag them into your mess again?" He asked, his voice echoing in the empty void.

"What are you talking about?"

"You always cause trouble and bring it upon everyone else. You drag them into the messes and ruin you cause" He continued, anger was building in his voice.

"N-No... I don't. I would never" Shinji spoke back, turning around, only for the mirror to be still in front of him.

"Running away?" He asked. "After so many years is that all you can do? Run away from your problems? Let others clean it up and suffer the consequences, letting you off scot free? Is that what you're good at?"

"Shut up" 

"You're going to get them killed... Just like everyone else"

"SHUT UP"

The figure in the mirror grabbed Shinji's reflection by the throat. He began struggling to breath. He brought his hands up, trying to stop it, but there was nothing there.

"It's your fault, it's your fault, it's your fault!"

"ITS YOUR FAULT"

Shinji screamed, shooting up from his bed. He breathing laboured, sweat falling down from his head and chest. His eyes were devoid of any emotion, only moving to see where he was. "Ugh..." He held his side in pain. Looking down at himself, his gun shot wound was bandaged.

"Where am I?" 

"You're in my apartment in Seoul. Well... Actually my building" A familiar voice said. Shinji turned his head to see none other than Tony Stark along with Natasha walking inside.

"Oh boy..." Shinji knew what he was in for. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Tony asked, crossing his arms, looking at the boy in disbelief. "What happened to--I'm not Spider-Man anymore spiel?"

"Things got... Things got complicated"

"Complicated is an understatement. The South Korean Government has begun asking why a North American based RETIRED. Let me repeat. RETIRED super-hero is operating in their country"

"Tony, go easy on him. He had his reasons" Natasha said, trying to calm Tony down. She looked over to Shinji who just looked dejected, feeling bad for him.

"Nat... You and Pete both helped him. Pete a little less... However, you were using SHIELD agents to not only operate in a country without jurisdiction, but also assaulted multiple NIS compounds" Tony's words held a lot of weight, making Nat retreat back.

"The same goes for you Shin. The South Korean government wasn't really gung-ho about you beating on their intelligence agents" Tony let out a sigh, one he really needed to let out. "So... To rectify some of the problems... The two you got out of the compound were returned to the NIS."

"WHAT?!" Shinji jumped out of his bed, looking at Tony with anger. "They're holding them hostage!"

"For all the president of Korea knows, you broke out a known terrorists family! One that the NIS is keeping under watch" Tony shot back, raising his voice. The tension between the two were rising, and it definitely started making Natasha uneasy. 

Tony took a deep breath, pulling the collar of his suit and straightening himself out; doing so to compose himself. "Look, Shin. Nat gave me the run down on the situation. It's not that I don't trust you. I 100% trust in your judgement. You've been working in this line of work long enough for me to trust whatever suspicions you have. But..."

Shinji also took a deep breath, nodding his head in understanding. "I have to be more careful... I drew too much attention right?"

Tony nodded. "I'm not going to stop you. More so because this country has never dealt with this type of threat before. You being the only enhanced individual means you're their only hope of stopping this.... What? Rip off Green Goblin?"

"That's... That's uncannily accurate..." Shinji narrowed his eyes, only just realizing that now.

"Besides... It's not like this is the first time we caused some international problems." Tony smiled at the young man, walking over to him and placing a USB drive on the night stand.

"What's this?"

"Data on where the NIS are moving the family. No doubt discount Goblin will show up and hit the convoy." 

Shinji picked up the usb drive, directing his attention at Tony. With the usb stick, he pointed at the billionaire with a skeptical look. "Did... Did you hack into the NIS database?"

"Maybe a yes no?" Tony answered, making Shinji and Natasha look at him odd.

Shinji just ignored what he said and pressed on. "What happened to drawing less attention?"

"Do as I say. Not as I do" Tony replied, turning around and headed towards the door. "Now. If you don't mind. I'll be leaving. I need to buy some bear thing called Ryan for Morgan as an apology."

Before Shinji could wave him goodbye he had already closed the door. Not like it bother the young man as it was a common occurrence with Tony. His attention then moved to Natasha, with her turning to him as well.

"How you feeling?" She asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Not bad. Definitely had worse" I responded making the spy chuckle, her hand resting on the top of his head.

"Sorry I got you in trouble" Shinji apologized, only for Natasha to shake her head.

"I chose to help you. Knowing full well of the consequences. My choice, my responsibility." 

After a moment of silence, Shinji came to realize something. He looked around his room, only to face the red haired woman again. "Where's--"

"She's fine. All of them are." Natasha interrupted, already knowing what was on his mind. 

Shinji breathed a sigh of relief knowing the girls were okay. "Sana?"

A small smirk grew on her face. The red-head got up from the bed, walking towards the door and opening it. "You can come in now"

Natasha stepped aside allowing the Japanese idol come inside. The moment Sana saw Shinji, she did not hesitate to rush towards him, wrapping him into a hug. 

"Oppa! Thank god you're okay!" 

"Hey, hey, hey... Easy... Easy... Gun shot wound" Shinji returned the hug, but winced and grunted in pain at the sudden forceful contact.

"Ah! S-Sorry! I didn't mean to!" Sana pulled back, her eyes looking apologetic.

"No worries... " He replied waving it off with a smile. "Are you okay? Not hurt any where are you?"

Sana shook her head, taking his hands into hers. Her eyes wandered to his side. Even though it was covered by his shirt, she could still see the outlines of his bandages. "You got hurt because of me..."

Natasha saw that the two were having a moment. She began making her way out of the room, her footsteps quiet, and the door shutting with little to no sound.

"It's fine Sana... It's not a big deal"

"Not a big deal?!" She shot back, raising her voice. She looked angry, but it was directed at him, but herself. "You got shot!"

"Sana... You made a mistake... And like you said... You were just trying to help" Shinji said, his voice soft, somehow soothing the anger she had for herself. "You were really brave you know that?"

Sana's usual smile began to come back, holding onto his hands tighter. She leaned in, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"I'm also... Sorry for yelling at you like that" Shinji said, the idols eyes moving to him. "I didn't mean to... I was just... Really worried. Worried you might get hurt."

"I've been doing this Spider-Man stuff for a long time" Shinji began. "I've already experienced my fair share of... Times where I was too late or didn't have enough time. It's a painful feeling... And if it was you?"

Shinji let out a small huff, smiling at himself. "Somehow you've really sneaked your way into my mind... You really deserve that name Sanake."

Sana lifted her chin off of his shoulders. She slid hands out of his, slipping around his neck. Her eyes staring into his. Shinji swore he could see hearts in her eyes. "Does that mean I'm on your mind a lot?" She asked.

"That was the long version... But... Honestly?" Shinji looked right into her eyes. "You ha--"

With no warning Sana kissed. Unlike the last few times, there was so much passion and intensity. She didn't stop with just some normal kissing, she was full on making out with him. It just felt so right to her, and to make things even better...

"Fuck it"

Shinji deepened the kiss, returning it. Sana eyes popped open, not expecting him to kiss back. The girl was on cloud nine. She only held him tighter as he pushed forward, causing her to fall back onto the bed, still their lips unseparated.

At first Sana thought she would be the one initiating and being the aggressor. However, she was very wrong. In fact, Shinji was in control, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Sana was taken aback, but the surprise was more than pleasant. She was melting in his embrace, letting him take over this intimate interaction.

When he finally decided to pull back, Sana was breathing heavily, her cheeks glowing. She pulled herself up, bringing the two back together, their foreheads touching. "Can I assume its a yes? I can be yours? You can be mine?"

Shinji stayed quiet, but his eyes never left her. This overwhelming confidence he had was doing things to Sana she never thought she needed. She got her answer, when for the first time. He was the one to initiate the kiss.

"Does that answer your question?"

"That and more" She responded, her heart never felt so full. She was grinning from ear to ear. The word happy wouldn't even suffice for how she was feeling at the moment. All she could do was use that explosive energy and wrap her arms around him. This time, avoiding his wound.

"Things are going to get a lot more complicated huh?" Shinji thought, returning the hug. 

"Well... It's not like my life has never been complicated. Whats one more complication?"  He could feel Sana giggling on him, her laughter causing Shinji to break out into a smile.

"Especially if it's something like this"

After a couple of minutes passed by, Shinji got up and headed out to the living room. It seems like the two were currently in Natasha's apartment, courtesy of SHIELD and Stark. The first thing Shinji needed to know was where the girls were and what the current situation with them was.

Natasha gave him a quick run down of the situation. When the agents couldn't make a radio check with him, they contacted her. Unfortunately, the girls noticed both him and Sana were gone. Obviously they didn't take Sana jumping onto the mission as a factor, so there was no contingency plan for that.

"You're going to have to think of something Shinji..." Natasha said, feeling bad that she couldn't suggest him anything. "Also... You might want to prepare yourself for some yelling"

Shinji sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Yeah... Not... Not going to enjoy that"

"Well... I do have a couple of thoughts in mind" Shinji began. "Though... I don't like either of them that much."

"What were your thoughts?" Natasha asked, wanting to know so she could give a second opinion.

"Well... First option... Come clean about what I was doing" Shinji said, and that option really shocked Natasha. 

"As in... Tell them you're Spider-Man?" By the sound of her voice, she did not like that idea. "Whats the second option?"

"The second option..." Shinji scratched his head, turning to the girl who was clinging to his arm. "Tell them me and Sana were... On our own"

"You mean together? Like, going out. Boyfriend and girlfriend?" Natasha asked, her arms crossed. Judging from her facial expression, she didn't like either of them. "So the first option is tell them your identity and the second one is to lie to them?"

"Well... " Shinji began, his eyes widened looking elsewhere. "The second one... It... It's not really a lie... Anymore..."

Natasha narrowed her eyes at him. "What are you--"

Natasha paused. She took a good long look at the two of us. Her mouth hung open and her hand rose up, her finger pointing at us, switching from to Sana multiple times. "You? Her? You two are?"

"Surprise?" Shinji said with a nervous smile and jazz hands.

"When did this? How did this?" Natasha felt like she was on a roller coaster. First Shinji wanted to reveal his identity to an idol group. Second option was to lie to them about the relationship that turned out to be true. 

"Just now..." Shinji began, trying to figure out how he can explain this properly. 

Natasha's frazzled expression disappeared. Soon a devious smirk grew and replaced it. She walked over, pinching his cheeks. "Look at youuuu... Getting a girl like her? A small town, barely made it out of university poor boy is now dating a gorgeous idol huh? Oh how things have changed"

"Alright, alright. Save the teasing for later..." Shinji groaned, pushing Natasha's hand away.

"So? What do you think is the better idea?" Shinji asked.

"Have you asked her already?" Natasha responded, directing her attention to the girl on his arm.

"Yeah I did" Shinji nodded, looking at the girl beside him. Sana slid her hands down to his hands, gripping onto them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shinji took a deep breath. Him and Sana were both standing at the door of the apartment. He took a glance at the idol, or rather his girlfriend now. She was just as nervous as he was. "Girlfriend huh? Who would've thought?"

"Are you ready?" He asked. 

Sana turned to him, holding his hand a little tighter and nodded her head. In truth, both of them weren't ready. However, this was the only way. He only had two choices... He just hoped the one he chose was the right one.

The two entered the apartment. At first there were sounds of discussion. The girls were just going about their day. That was until they heard the sound of their door opening.

The eight girls and Soojin all turned their heads at them. The girls from TWICE had this unreadable expression on their faces, whilst Soojin on the other hand was not too happy. Her arms were crossed and her scolding eyes were directed at Shinji.

"Where have you been?" Soojin asked. "I heard yesterday you took the girls clubbing. I was okay with it at first since I knew you were with them. But then I found out you abandoned them in their and Sana just up and disappeared. What were you thinking?"

Her voice was cold and harsh. Almost as if a mother is scolding her son. 

"How can you be that irresponsible? Something could have happened to them, did you not think of that?" Soojin asked, her harsh toned making everyone in the room look elsewhere from discomfort. She wasn't done either. She turned her attention to Sana afterwards.

"And you" Soojin held her finger at her, making the idol flinch. "Where the hell did you go? You know how worried everyone was when they couldn't find you?!"

"Aigoo, this is giving me a headache" Soojin pressed her hand against her forehead, pacing back and forth in the living room. 

"Can one of you just say something?" Soojin continued, getting impatient with their silence.

"Me and Sana are..." Shinji began, looking up to read the reactions of the girls. Just those few words were enough to send the message. 

"Sana and I are... ... G-Going out..." He mumbled. 

Silence. Absolute silence.

Everyone's face did not move a muscle. They could only stare at the two in question. Their brains trying to process what he just said.

"Yah..." Soojin began, clutching her head. "Say... Say that again?" 

"Me and oppa... We decided to go out together... Like... a couple" Sana said, trying to reinforce what Shinji confessed.

Soojin could not handle it. She just walked away and dropped onto the sofa, causing everyone much worry. "I knew this was going to happen eventually..." Soojin said, leaning back onto the soda.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Shinji asked.

"Please Shinji. Both I and JYP-nim knew about the girls feelings for you. I just didn't think it would happen this quick..." Soojin admitted. That revelation caused many of them to look at one another in shock.

"Wait... So JYP-nims knows?" Sana asked.

"He knows about you, and Jihyo only... Though now I have to tell him that you two are actually dating... Or planning to" Soojin said.

While Soojin was explaining everything, certain members, in fact all of them held this uncomfortable feeling. Jihyo was hiding how she felt, she was always good at pushing her emotions down. Nonetheless, the leader felt envious, jealous, and her heart deflated. 

Tzuyu clenched her fists, curling her lips. She was keeping it all inside just like Jihyo, albeit struggling. She felt like someone was squeezing her heart right after Shinji and Sana said they were dating. She hadn't felt this much pain since SIXTEEN.

The others, although not as romantically interested in Shinji, still felt their heart strings being pulled. They should have been happy, but for some reason... They didn't. There was apart of them that felt envious.

"Well..." Soojin began, lifting her head up to the two. "At least the two of you told me the truth... Even though it's going to cause a lot of complications."

"Yes... Sorry... Noona" Shinji said, truly feeling bad for putting Soojin in such a difficult position. He lowered his head, bowing in apology.

"For now. Keep this relationship in the wraps. Until JYP comes up with something you two will act as you always have okay?" Soojin instructed, getting up from the sofa and taking out her phone form her pockets. "I'll have to report this to JYP-nim ASAP"

"No one is going out okay?" Soojin ordered, and all of them nodded their heads.

Once Soojin left the apartment, the ten were left in a awkward silence. 

Sana felt like she was the one who should speak. After all, Shinji was the one put in a difficult situation. Three girls were more or less fighting over him. Sana even believed that the others were slowly starting to develop some sort of small attraction to him.

"Jihyo..." Sana began, even though she wanted to talk to her, she didn't really know how to put it into words. 

Jihyo and Sana had agreed for this race towards Shinji's affections. However, it wasn't till now that Sana realized how it would make Jihyo feel, or anyone else for that matter. Even Jihyo realized if she was the one who won his affections, Sana would be feeling the same way as her. They were so caught up in this race, they never thought about who one would feel after it was done.

"It's okay Sana" Jihyo said, forcing a smile onto her face. "Congratulations. I'm really... Really happy for you" 

Those words were not lies. Jihyo was truly happy for her. After all she was her group member, friend and sister. "I really am Sana... Even though it hurts like hell..."

"Take care of her okay oppa?" Jihyo asked, walking over to Shinji, wrapping her arms around him. "She's a great girl. I'll never forgive you if you hurt her"

Shinji felt terrible. He also knew about Jihyo's feelings, and this pained him. He returned the hug and gave a weak smile. ""I understand... Thanks Jihyo"

"I can still hang out with oppa though right?" Chaeyoung asked whilst raising her hand. The question directed at Sana. 

Sana giggled and nodded. "Of course. I might be his..." Sana paused and blushed. "G...G... G-Girlfriend--AH! This is embarrassing to say!"

"Wha... I don't think I've seen anyone of us act like this before" Jeongyeon said in awe.

"I want a boyfriend too" Nayeon complained. 

"A-Anyways!" Sana continued, shaking off the embarrassment. "All of you can still spend time with him. I might like him a lot but I don't want to hog him if it bothers everyone"

"YES!" Dahyun and Chaeyoung high-fived each other.

"So..." Jeongyeon began, walking to Shinji, and circling him multiple times. "What did you two uh... Do while you were away?" 

"Jeongyeon-ah..." Jihyo sighed, crossing her arms. Even though she was a little curious as well, she didn't want to pry into their private affairs.

"What? I'm curious?" Jeongyeon said, innocently shrugging. She then turned back to the boy in question. "Did you do anything you know?" She said, raising her eyebrows.

"No. We did not" Shinji answered. 

"Oh phooey. That's boring" An expression of boredom over took Jeongyeon's face in a split second. She walked back to the other side of the room, dropping down on the sofa.

"What are you talking about?" Mina asked, looking lost among them.

Nayeon shook her head, placing a hand on the ballerinas shoulder. "Oh... Sweet summer child..."

Mina knitted her eyebrows and frowned. "What do you mean?" 

"Don't mind them Mina. Their minds go straight to the gutter" Shinji said, reassuring Mina doesn't need to know anymore.

"Gutter?" Mina replied tilting her head.

Shinji was surprised that everyone took it rather well. In all honesty, they all knew about the crushes on Shinji. The only shock factor in this was that Sana and him are actually officially going out. If you really think about it... It was bound to happen regardless.

"Hey girls. There is something I need all of you to know" Shinji said, all of their attention back on him. "I didn't get to mention it before... Since... Well... This happened"

"JYP-nim decided to let you girls go on break because of what happened at the bridge." Shinji began, and all of them looked at each other with smiles. "He also told me that your families wanted you all to go home during that time"

"Huh?! Seriously?" Tzuyu jumped up in excitement. 

"Mhm. All of you are allowed to return home, unless you don't want to of course. But I assume al of you want to see your families right?" Shinji asked, and the girls were already nodding their heads before he finished his sentence.

"This is great! I haven't seen my mom, dad and sister for so long..." Momo just felt so free after Shinji announced their little vacation. 

"Wait... If were going home... What are you going to do oppa?" Mina asked, and all of a sudden the celebration stopped. 

"Well..." Shinji began, scratching his head as this was the piece of news that will ruin their little celebration. "JYP-nim decided for all of you to have two weeks off. Because of that... He uh... He decided to move forward with making me ITZYs manager"

"What?!" All of them shouted, making Shinji flinch.

"I'm really sorry. It's not for me to decide" Shinji said, finally turning to Sana. Out of everyone, it was clear Sana was the most upset. She looked up at him and frowned.

"Here I thought we could spend some time together with that break..." Sana mumbled, only for Shinji to hear.

The young man brushed against her blonde hair with a soft touch. One that just made Sana feel all warm and fuzzy. "We'll have time. I promise okay?"

"Oppa" Jihyo called out. "Do you know when we can go?"

"Your families are all really worried. Because of that, JYP-nim decided you girls should leave in three days." Shinji answered, and it left a bittersweet taste in their mouths.

"Thats so soon..." Dahyun complained.

"Oh I got an idea!" Mina said, raising her hand with her gummy smile. "Why don't we all go out for dinner the day before we leave? Like a thank you present for Shinji-oppa!"

"Oooh! I like the sound of that!" Chaeyoung agreed, clapping her hands.

"I'm down with that idea" Jihyo nodded, along with everyone else. "You have any idea on what though?"

"Umm... Han... Hanwoo?" Mina suggested. All of her members stared at her in disbelief. They did not expect her to say that. "W-What? It's Shinji's going away party, so a little splurge wouldn't hurt right?"

"Well..." Jihyo was really thinking about it. "It's not like we can't afford it..."

"I'm okay with idea!" Momo bounced up and down with excitement.

"We know you are" Jihyo deadpanned, not even sparing the dancer a glance.

"I'm okay with it too" Sana was the third person who agreed.

"We definitely know you're okay with it" Jeongyeon added, her statement making Sana blush a little. The short haired idol than shrugged her shoulders. "Why not? Oppa has done a lot for us."

It seemed the girls were all in agreement for the Hanwoo. All they needed to do is book the restaurant. It might be a bit difficult, but the girls thought that maybe JYP could pull some strings to get them a table.

"Wait... Isn't Hanwoo that really expensive cut of meat? Like, Korea's answer to Japan's Kobe beef?" Shinji asked, a little bit of sweat rolling down his temple.

They all nodded their heads and Shinji shook his head at an insane speed. "No, no, no. You girls are not spending that much on me"

"Majority vote rules oppa. Nine against one" Jihyo said with a victorious smile. 

Shinji sighed, knowing he was not going to win this debate. Nonetheless, he still felt happy about it. He was going to miss them, even though they won't be that far apart. It's going to feel weird not waking up in the morning and seeing these nine chaotic children.

After the discussion, Shinji headed back into his room. He could hear the girls all swarming Sana for details. Shinji shook his head, taking a seat on his desk, pulling out a laptop. "I should probably take a look at this"

Shinji plugged in the USB drive Tony gave him into the port. There wasn't a lot of files on it. Just a single PDF file that had the words CLASSIFIED on it. 

"Looks like it s a pretty heavily guarded convoy. Must really want to keep those two under lock and key if they're using the same transport vehicles as RAFT. Then again, it is Wooshik they're trying to keep out..." Shinji scrolled through the other pages, looking at their plans. 

"Looks like they have multiple routes... But all of them end up leading to... Myeong-Ye Tunnel. Convoy is guarded by military grade vehicles. No helicopters. Good call... Wooshik would shoot those down like it was target practice." 

While Shinji was focused on the plans Tony gave him, a knock was heard, coming from his door. "Who is it?" Shinji asked, exiting the PDF and closing his laptop.

"Shinji~~" Sana poked her head through the door, a mischievous smile across her face.

Shinji let out a small chuckle and shook his head. "What is it Sana? Do you need something?"

"Nope!" Sana said, skipping over to him happily and taking a seat on his lap. "Do I need reason to?"

"I guess not" He replied, smiling at Sana who made herself comfortable. She pressed her face onto him, letting out a satisfied hum. 

"What are you doing right now?" She asked, the idol looking like she just passed out on him.

"Looking at the data Tony gave me. You know, on the convoy" Shinji said, gently stroking Sana's hair.

"I don't like it..." Sana mumbled, making Shinji look down at her. "I don't want you to get hurt..."

"I'll be fine Sana." Shinji smiled, lifting up Sana's chin so her eyes looked into his. "I've done this type of thing multiple times.

Sana did not respond. She moved in on him, kissing him once again. "Just be careful okay? I don't want to lose you after I finally get the chance to be with you"

"I promise I'll be careful" Shinji responded, going down to kiss her back.

"You know..." Sana began, leaning against his chest. "I was really surprised when you started to kiss me back."

"Hm? How so?"

"You said you never had a girlfriend right?" Sana continued, looking up at him with her cute looking eyes. "So... How are you able to kiss that well?"

Shinji curled his lips, brushing Sana's hair gently. "Do you really want to know" He asked, with Sana nodding her head with no hesitation.

Shinji sighed, hoping Sana's reaction won't be too bad. "Well... It was during one of my Spider-Man escapades. I got hurt and I went to this friend of mine to get help"

"That person knew you were Spider-Man?"

"Yup. I didn't mean to reveal it to her. It just kind of happened. But, at the end of the day, she told nobody, so I trusted her" Shinji continued. He saw Sana visibly wince once he mentioned it was girl.

"She was one the only friends I had during university. With me being Spider-Man and all the stuff going on in my life. Needless to say I was stressed. Late for class, dropping grades, barely making assignments, flaking on friends... I had a couple of breakdowns during those times" Shinji said, a sullen look overtaking him. Sana knitted her brows in worry, hugging him tightly hopping to make him feel better.

"She was also feeling the same way. Her parents forced her to study abroad. She knew no one, and people who wanted to be friends with her were fake. Tons of guys hit on her. I guess you could say we were helping each other out with our problems " 

"With all that built up emotion... At some point we just kind of snapped... One thing led to another" Shinji finished. Although, Sana wasn't really satisfied with the answer.

"Another what?" She asked, pressing for more information. "Second base?"

Shinji scrunched up his nose, and looked away from her. "Homerun..."

Sana's eyes widened. Immediately she felt this burning jealousy within her. She couldn't be mad with him. After all this happened way before the two ever met. However, it didn't stop her from showing how displeased she was.

"We never dated though." Shinji continued, looking back down at her, brushing his finger over her puffy cheeks. "You are the first girlfriend I've ever had. And I'm really happy about that"

"Really?" She smiled, those few words brightening up her mood.

Shinji nodded his head, and that exchange rewarded him with a kiss from her. One that was filled with nothing but love for him. 

Pulling back, Sana never looked away. "You think I can sleep here today?" She asked, putting on the best puppy dog eyes she could muster.

"Sure" He answered, placing a kiss on her head. One she enjoyed very much.

...

Shinji woke up the next morning with Sana right beside him. She held onto him tight, a satisfied smile on her face. The boy felt like this was so surreal. He never thought in his life he would be able to date someone... Now here he was. Dating someone, Sana no less. 

He managed to slip out of her hold, kissing the girl on her forehead, and Sana was beaming. He took out a piece of paper and pen, writing down a note for her. 

Sorry Sana. Have to head out because of you know what. Just tell the girls I have to go to JYP for some talks about my manager stuff. Thanks!

Shinji

Shinji let out a small grunt as he landed onto the side of a building, costume on of course. Through his lens, he had the convoy route mapped out. Every alternate route the convoy took it would light up in his virtual map.

"If I can, I can get the two out of the convoy as well..." Shinji zoomed in on the convoy, huffing at the security it had around it. "Thats a lot of heat for two people..."

"Looks like the convoy is moving" Shinji said, seeing the line of vehicles moving. He didn't bother following it as he knew where they were going. He also knew for a fact that Wooshik would be waiting near the tunnel. Cutting them off... It's what Shinji would do after all.

Shinji landed near the entrance of the tunnel. He could already see NIS agents and some military posted. "Ah yeah... Great job... Make it more obvious for him" Shinji said to himself shaking his head. "Military might does nothing to guys like Wooshik. Not with their technological advantage."

"Just like I thought... No problems whatsoever" Shinji said, looking at the convoy as it made its way towards the tunnel. "He should be hear any minute now." Shinji kept an eye out for the sky. Scanning for an odd flying boy.

"Where is he?" Shinji wondered, looking down. The convoy passed the checkpoint with no problems. Soon the vehicles began moving towards the bridge, only a few seconds from entering.

"Whats--" Shinji's heart increased. Danger was looming... "In the tunnel?" Shinji dropped down from his perch spot, diving down to street level. He swung closer to the entrance, and there it happened.

Missiles from within the tunnel hit the entrance of the tunnel. The upper part of the tunnel began to crumble, pieces of concrete falling down onto the cars below. The entrance was going to give in, blocking anything from coming in or out.

"You're not getting away that easily!" Shinji fired off two webs, one of the left building and one on the right. He knitted the two webs together, and fired a web behind him, pulling himself back to create his own human sling shot.

Letting go of the web, Shinji flew towards the tunnel as it caved in. Spinning in a corkscrew motion, Shinji narrowly missed the last rock from possibly crushing him. He landed on one of the convoy vehicles rooftop, which were now speeding through the tunnel.

"Spider-Man..." Wooshik growled. He was at the front of the convoy, his hoverboard moving backwards, and keeping up with the vehicles. "Of course you'd be here"

"Sorry buddy. I can't let you go around hurting people" Shinji said, standing atop of the SUV.

"The only ones hurting people, are the ones below me!" Wooshik fired off his missiles, all aimed at the Spider. 

Shinji jumped off the SUV, landing on the vehicle ahead of it. "Sorry! Spider-Man! Got to commandeer this vehicle!" He shouted, firing his webs at the SUV he was on earlier. He pulled the SUV to the right, allowing it avoid the missiles fired at it.

"Can't save everyone spider" Wooshik threatened, taking out the knives from his thigh holster. He threw it right where Shinji's vehicle was about to be. 

"Oh crap..." Shinji leapt of the SUV landing on top of the transport vehicle. He watched as the knives detonated and sent the SUV flying up towards the ceiling. Shinji fired off a multitude of webs, attaching the SUV to the top of the tunnel, allowing the SUV behind it to not get crushed.

"Oh shit" Shinji turned around, only for Wooshik to come flying in with a clothes line. Hitting the hero right in the cheek and sent him tumbling off the transport vehicle.

"You won't get in my way" Wooshik fired a beam at the SUV trailing behind the transport, setting it off in an explosion, rolling towards the Spider. 

"Why can't we fight somewhere normal? Like skyscrapers or something?" Shinji asked himself. He managed to realign himself in the air, dropping down and doing a back hand flip off the road. 

Flipping backwards towards the flaming rolling SUV. Shinji used his legs to kick off on the car doors, using his wall crawling powers to sticking his feet onto it. Shinji landed back on the road, using the car door as a skateboard. He fired two webs at the transport, using it to stay in motion. Shinji pulled himself right by the flaming rolling car, passing underneath it as it finally started to slow down in its rolls.

"Knives again!?" Shinji shouted as his spider-senses picked up on Wooshik throwing knives at the roadway coming up. 

Using his spider senses, Shinji used his webs to pull himself in different directions to avoid the exploding knives. 

"Stand still!" Wooshik threw eight knives at him all at once, lining them up perfectly like a road spike. 

"Alley-oop!" Shinji pulled himself to the side, riding him up to the sides of the tunnel walls and around. 

"Got you!" Wooshik smirked, throwing one last knife right where Shinji was going to land.

"Nope, got you!" Shinji dropped down, releasing the car door from his foot. The explosion of the knife caused the door to fly back up, letting Shinji drop kick it, aiming it right at Wooshik.

The car door hit Wooshik smack dab in his chest, causing him to fly backwards, disorienting him. Using this moment of vulnerability, Shinji pulled himself forward, tackling Wooshik off of his board, and the two landed on the transport.

The two rolled on the rooftop and separated, both of them on all fours. Wooshik stared down at the Spider, and Shinji stared down Sentinel. The yellow lights of the tunnels was the only thing illuminating them.

"Why are you so insistent on protecting them? They've done nothing but cause pain!" Wooshik shouted, holding out his hand as the board, launched his blade towards him.

"That doesn't mean you can do the same! It won't change anything!"

"It's the only thing they understand!" He shouted back, the board automatically firing a missiles at one of the front vehicles, causing it to explode. The vehicle flew upwards right over the two, only for Wooshik to slice it in half cleanly as it dropped in the background.

"I've done so much for this god damn country. Fought for them. Bled for them. They repay me back with this fucking bullshit?" Wooshik jumped towards the hero, swing his blade  that just missed Shinji. 

The hero leaned back, dodging the blade and continued to evade as Wooshik pressed his attacks. A mix of punches, slices, and kicks. The thing Shinji was not expecting was the hoverboard coming in for a few licks.

"It's Vulf all over again!" Shinji jumped over the board coming in for his legs, at the same time, performing a spinning kick, hitting Wooshik straight in the jaw. Shinji was met back with Wooshik spinning around and sweeping him just as he landed.

"Agh!" Shinji landed on his side, rolling away as the blade came down on him. Shinji rolled onto he sides of the convoy, looking up and seeing Wooshik swinging down on him.  Shinji rolled over again, avoiding the blade. He continued to do so as Wooshik began dragging the blade through transport vehicle.

"Mom!" Woohyun shouted as the two hit the floor of the convoy, the blades tip coming through the sides. 

"God dammit! Will you!?" Shinji jumped off the transport, firing webs onto the side. He swung himself, under the vehicle and came back up the other side. Firing another two at the rooftop, on both sides of Wooshik, and slamming his feet down onto his back. "RELAX?!"

"Uh oh!" Shinji flipped off of Wooshik as the hoverboard came spinning at him with its Vibranium edges. Shinji bent backwards, the board just flying past his chin. 

Wooshik back up, looking a little sluggish. "My family is in there. I need to get them out. You won't stop me."

"Whats after that then huh? You're going to kill Jintae?"

"Fucking absolutely. That slimy old bastard will die by my hands. Anyone who protects him is my enemy. Including you" Wooshik's board floated down behind him, it lit up blue, preparing itself to blast the spider with its beam.

"Let's see you dodge this hero" Wooshik pressed a button on his wrist. 

Shinji's spider-sense went haywire. The board fired everything it had. Missiles, auto launched knives and a beam coming from its bottom. Shinji clicked his tongue, leaping off of the transport vehicle. Using the pillars in-between the roads, Shinji weaved through the missiles, and knives.

"God dammit! Even Gobbie didn't have this much stuff!" Shinji complained. His attention was caught when he saw the light at the end of the tunnel. "I need to end this now!"

Shinji swung back towards Wooshik, avoiding everything he threw at him. He fired a web at the last missile that flew by him, returning it to the sender.

"Tch!" Wooshik jumped back on his board, raising his arm as his shield materialized. The explosion knocked him back. 

"Enough of this!" Wooshik aimed his board at the opposite side of the road. "I don't have time for you!" 

Wooshik flew backwards, using the whip he had in his arsenal. He sliced through all the support pillars, and used his beam to destroy the ceiling. 

"What are you?!" Shinji couldn't believe his eyes. This guy was going to kill innocents civilians just so he can escape. "God dammit!"

Shinji jumped off the transport, leaving Wooshik on the transport. Shinji swung through the tunnel, firing webs at the broken pillars, keeping them upright for the time being. He had to follow Wooshiks trailing beam, whilst also firing as many webs as he could to keep the ceiling from collapsing.

WARNING WARNING

WEB FLUID LOW

"Are you serious?!" Shinji screamed. He looked at the end of the tunnel, he was so close. "Please please, please!" 

Shinji leapt off, and turned around, aiming his wrists at the exit. The last thing he needed to web up. He pressed his fingers on the sensor. 

Shinji managed to use the last of his webs to hold the bridge in place. He landed on a light post outside, letting out a breath of relief as the tunnel was holding up. 

However...

WARNING WARNING

WEB FLUID EMPTY

"Thats not good..." Shinji sighed. He looked behind him and the convoy was long gone. Wooshik with it. Despite that failure, Shinji was glad nobody was hurt too badly. He clicked his tongue, taking the Spider-symbol off of his chest and taking out more web fluid cartridges. He ejected the empty ones and replaced it with new cartridges, and audible and satisfying click when they were inserted.

"That went well..." Shinji shook his head. He looked down at the tunnel and saw police and firefighters helping out the pedestrians. He ended up smiling under his mask, happy that no one got hurt. At least too badly.

However, he was still disappointed in himself that he let Wooshik get away. 

"Thank you Spider-Man!"

"Thank you so much!"

"You did great!"

They all yelled from below, civilians, police and fire fighters alike. Shinji waved at the people below before leaping off and swinging off into the city.

Shinji landed on a water tower, leaning back onto it. He dialed for Natasha and the red haired woman picked up in a few seconds. "Hey Nat..."

"Hey Shin. I heard what happened at the tunnel. He got away?"

"Yeah... He decided to destroy the whole tunnel... Used that to escape..."

"Jesus... I know S4 can really screw up someone's head but... to hurt civilians?"

"I lost any leads I had..." Shinji rolled up his mask halfway, taking a sip of some coffee he had bought. "I know he's going after Jintae but..."

"He won't go for him out in the open. Not with Jintae pretty much being holed up"

"What else could he possibly want?" Shinji wondered.

"He got his family right? I have no doubts that he wants them to leave the country"

"Yeah... So the airport?"

"No. Too obvious... I'll see what I can dig up. Any connections he has"

"Yeah... That'll help a lot. Thanks Nat"

Shinji ended the call with Nat and he dropped down from the water tower, lowering his mask back down. He threw the coffee cup up and over the ledge, landing inside a dumpster.

"Eugh..." Shinji rolled his shoulder and his neck. "Haven't fought that hard in a while... I need to go stretch..."

...

Wooshik was in an abandoned warehouse. The transport vehicle broken and hidden. He took off his mask and ran up to the transport, opening the doors.

"Woohyun?! Eomma?!" He asked.

"Hyung?!" Woohyun shot up from the ground. His eyes lit up as he saw his brother. "HYUNG!" Woohyun ran to Wooshik, wrapping him in a tight hug.

"Wooshik-ah?! Oh my god! You're safe!" His mother ran to him as well, the three of them sharing an overdue hug

"W-What are you wearing?" She asked, looking at Wooshiks attire.

"Don't worry about that right now. We need to get you out of this country" Wooshik said, guiding his two family members underground. "You can't stay here any longer."

"But... But how are we going to do that?" Woohyun asked. "Were fugitives right?"

"Mhm... We can't just go walking into an airport" Wooshiks mother pointed out. 

"Don't worry I'll think of something" Wooshik said, letting his two family members take a seat. "Here, I have some food and water." 

Wooshik put down some bags of take out. Courtesy of curb-side drop off from delivery. 

Woohyun and his mother began to eat. For once something that didn't taste like boiled chicken and vegetables. Even though it was fast food, it at least had some flavour. 

Woohyun could help but look at his brother and what he wore. He began to get worried, and at such a young age... He was curious.

"Hyung?" He called out.

"Mhm?" Wooshik replied, turning to look at his brother with a warm smile.

"Did you..." Woohyun felt a little scared asking. "Did you fight Spider-Man?"

Wooshik's smile slowly faded away. He looked away for a split second, biting the bottom of his lips. He got up from his desk and made his way over to Woohyun, kneeling down to be the same height.

"I did... Yeah..."

"Why?" Woohyun asked. "Spider-Man is a good guy."

"He saved me and mom yesterday" Woohyun said, those words surprising Wooshik.

"He saved you? Why? How?" Wooshik asked out of curiosity. 

"I was talking to Sana, you know? The TWICE member?" Woohyun said, fondly remembering the discussion he had with her. 

"Sana? TWICE?" Wooshik said to himself quietly.

"We were discussing about some fan meets, and even a video about how people thought she was dating their manager. Next thing we knew, Spider-Man came swinging in. He beat up all the bad guys too!" Woohyun explained, in a rather excited fashion. "He seemed to know Sana-noona as well."

"Dating their manager? TWICE? Spider-Man might have known Sana as well?" Wooshik brainstormed all the information Woohyun gave him. 

"It can't be..."

"Park Shinji?"

...

A/N: Uh oh... Looks like shit is going down huh?

This is the second last chapter of season one. The next chapter will be the final, followed by an epilogue.

Thank you everyone for reading!

See you in the next and last one of season one!

Cheers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 699 13
Son Chaeyoung knows that God gifted him with one of the most handsome faces in the world-and everybody would agree to that once they see his gorgeous...
27.1K 751 14
[DISCONTINUED] Park Eun-suk was a 19-year-old boy who dreamed of being a KPOP Idol. All of his visions for his future were disrupted when someone, or...
135K 4.9K 69
One in a million: something or someone very special, extraordinarily rare. Something many in the entertainment industry are told and believe. But wha...
1.6K 61 20
SEASON 1 ✅ SEASON 2 ✅ SEASON 3 ?? Eun-hyeok, I know your feeling a lot of pressure. Your the leader of this survivor group and its weighing on you. Y...