Youth Transformed

By AmethystsParks2

In the conclusion of this Dewstone Series, the waters in the Mist have shifted and things that should have re... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 13

17 2 0
By AmethystsParks2

Pann

Please, anyone who's listening, please just let me die! As I once again bend over the toilet, everything in my stomach is gone.... And I'm left with dry heaves.

Knock! Knock!

"Wife, do you need anything? Can I help?" Joven asks through the closed door.

I woke up feeling okay and smiled to wish Joven a Merry Christmas... then, what can only be described as in inner volcano of acid mucous, rose up inside of me demanding to be released. I ran from the bed, and barely made it. After the first few "eruptions" I thought I'd be done, as any previous food items had already packed up and vacated the property of my stomach. But alas my body must enjoy the jerking and needless convulsions as it continues with the motions, even though there is nothing left to eject.

"Go away Joven, don't you dare open that door!" I yell between heaves.

"I feel I'm partly to blame here, and I should be helping in some way. Water? Ice chips?" he asks again and twists the knob to the bathroom door. PARTLY to blame??? Sheesh!

"Joven Ainsworth if you open that door, I will personally take that Purity Ring necklace and choke you with it!" I scream, which causes my headache to increase. But my threat did the trick, and he retreats. I've heard noises from below, and know his and Heif's parents have arrived, but not Michael as he is spending the holiday with his own parents. Ugh! I feel worn out, worse than if running a marathon with my tongue dragging the asphalt as I drag my body along. I slowly push off the offending porcelain shaped cylinder and manage to get to my knees and then my feet. I look into the mirror over the sink.... THIS is pregnancy? Where's the "glow" I heard about? I demand my "glow" NOW! I look horrible, but on a good note, I no longer doubt Joven's prediction of impending motherhood.

I drag my sorry bum back over to the bed, and crawl inside the blankets, pressing my face into the sheets for some coolness.

Knock! Knock!

For the love of mist! Why can't he just stay away!!!

"I DO NOT WANT ANY HELP, GO AWAY OR YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYTHING ATTACHED TO YOU, NEAR ME AGAIN!" I yell at the door.

The door handle moves, and I'm ready to throw Joven's pillow, when in pops my mother-n-law's head.... Oh Pann... not good...not good at all....

"Hello, dear, that was quite a welcome" ... and she nervously walks into the room, "you have Joven downstairs cowering in the corner, with his father trying to make him understand hormones and pregnancy and such."

I really could care less where Joven is, I just want to be left alone and to feel better. Well, correction, I do want Joven close enough to know the misery I'm in, in case he ever tries to talk me into another baby!

"Of course, I went through this when I was pregnant with Joven," she comes closer to my bed and gently places a cloth on my forehead.... Thank the Mist! Relief! It feels so good... and I start to cry....

"There, there.... I know it's hard to believe, but it will all be worth it. Holding your baby, well; it's just the best feeling in the whole world. You just have to get past the worst part."

"I thought LABOR was the worst part?" I ask with a croaky voice.

"Oh dear, yes, that part is not so much fun either," she says with a shake of her head. It's like she a one-woman killer of dreams... pop! You will be sick. Pop! You will hurt. Pop! You will want curl up and wish the world away.

"I'm just going to leave this cloth with you, and I'll keep Joven downstairs for a while. You get some rest and shoot up a flare if you need something," she adds in attempt to see my smile. Quietly she exits the room and I'm left alone with my wet, cold cloth of relief. I must have fallen asleep, because by the time I'm awake I can smell the feast being prepared downstairs.

Smells??? Seriously??? I roll out of bed and push the nearest towel I can find under the door to stop the smells. Crawling back in the bed, I can relax. I check the time and realize I haven't puked in a few hours. Holy Mist! I hope today is the only day I feel this bad.

Just as I'm starting to drift off, the door opens to reveal my husband. He's carrying a tray.... Surely, he can't be this dimwitted?? It's like someone called and said, "Hello? This is the village; we need our idiot back!"

"Joven if that is any of the food from below, take it away!" I roll away from him, "the smells, Joven, I can't take the smells."

"Hello to you too.... And no, this isn't the food from below," and he sits carefully on the bed, "it's just crackers, ginger ale and peppermint tea. My mom and Heif's mom said something on this tray would help. We've already finished lunch and the parents are just downstairs talking but will probably be leaving soon."

His voice sounds so gentle and cautious at the same time, that I turn to look at him. He's only trying to help me feel better, I should try and be a little bit kinder.

"Thank you, Husband," at hearing his favorite endearment, he relaxes more and smiles, "I really do appreciate you trying to help and I'm sorry I ruined your Christmas."

"Ruined, are you kidding me Wife? You carry life within your body, a part of you, a part of me and the history from both sides of our family. The creation going on inside of your body is one of the most vast, wonderful miracles. Only women bring life into the world, after having cared for it and nurtured it inside the womb. With every beat of your heart, you pump life into our creation we made."

Joven always know exactly what to say...it's so sweet.... and now I'm crying again....

"Why are you crying"?

"I DON'T KNOW WHY" I wail back and feel him start to rub my back.

"Hey, Wife, look at me...." And I open my eyes and he takes the napkin from the tray and dries my tears, "only 194 days till due date!"

And.... I throw my face into my pillow and cry harder!

"Listen, I have to go back downstairs and say good-bye to the families, but I'll be right back, and I'll read you a story, okay?" I nod okay, and he leaves.

I get a chance to nibble on the crackers and sip the ginger ale, darn it, he's right.... I do feel better....

"Hey, Pann." I look up and see my father-n-law, great everyone wants a chance to view the side freak show at the carnival, "We are leaving, but I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I don't know what you said to Joven earlier, but I've never seen him so pale," he laughs. "Keep up the work Pann, keep him on his toes. Goodbye!"

Hearing the closing of the front door, heavy footsteps are coming up the stairs, please let it be Joven and no more paid spectators to the "show." The door opens and Joven enters, ahhh... and now I can relax....

RING! RING!

"Hey, Merry Christmas to ya'll too! Well, Pann got her first look at morning sickness...." and Joven gives me a small wave and leaves back out our bedroom door.

About ten minutes later he comes back, but the look on his face is alarming.

"I really shouldn't go tomorrow; I hate leaving you like this." Joven says, removing the tray, then grabs the washcloth to refresh and put back on my forehead.

"I understand Husband, I'll be fine. Well, mentally at least. I'll spend my days watching TV or reading... after all the excitement lately, a little peace and quiet will be good."

"Well, about that. Heif called and unforeseen things have developed." He pauses, like he's trying to decide how much to tell me.

"Husband, tell me everything. The last thing you withheld from me, caused everybody to be expelled from Dewstone. Do we really want Burlap to be the next victim?"

"No, you're right" he gives a short chuckle, and then crawls in bed with me, turning on his side to face me. "Heif and Karmony were out walking and got attacked by Hattie and Billy. No, they didn't capture them, but they looked really bad. Anyway, Hattie is still demanding the ring and tried to drag Karmony off to come and get it from you. I'm hoping maybe, they don't know where we live. Of course, you know we've taken the ring elsewhere, but Hattie wouldn't know that, and Dad and I have had no luck locating them. So, to be safe, I have asked Hannah to come over and sit with you. I first thought to ask another to go to Michigan, but I know this is my Quest."

"I hate that you had to bother Hannah, I'm sure I'll be fine. But selfishly, I do enjoy Hannah's company and she has had a baby before and could be helpful. So, don't worry, Husband, you go and fix this little problem of restoring our civilization and I'll work on growing our baby." I smile, and he pulls me close to him, kissing my forehead.

"My heart chose wisely, when it chose you Wife," Joven says and we cuddle while he continues reading from a book, he started a few days ago. I fall asleep listening to the cadence of his voice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461K 23.6K 44
--COMPLETE--- There are whispers of a monster in the woods. What happens when said monster saves your life? TRIGGER WARNING FOR R*PE/ABUSE PLEASE IF...
2.4K 184 43
BOOK 3 DISCLAIMER: INCLUDES GRAPHIC SEXUAL MATERIAL, DRUG USE, NUDITY, MATURE/TEEN EVENTS, LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, etc. MATURE READERS ONLY (18+) *COMPLE...
242 60 47
**COMPLETE!!!** Two warring countries, a hidden nation, and the power to control them all. 341 years into the Universal Millennium, Pangea is the new...
870 119 33
Joven and Pann are married, but are all their problems gone? Welcome to Dewstone and it's habitants, the shops, vicinages, caves, tunnels and discord...