OneSummer (A One Direction Fa...

By fartoomainstream

Whenever Darby's mother, Claire, died when she was eight, Darby's dad couldn't settle anywhere. They moved at... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Prologue

822 15 0
By fartoomainstream

The shy girl with curly strawberry-blonde hair followed the principal into the classroom.

She was introduced to the class, as usual, and she quietly accepted the seat in the very back right corner of the classroom.

The teacher began to drone about Ancient Greece, but was interrupted by a blonde boy rushing inside.

"So sorry, Mrs. May!" He said, handing her a crinkled blue slip.

The boy made his way to the girls' desk.

"You're in my seat," he said with a smile.

"Sorry....?" she answered.

The boy pulled out a bag of Flipz pretzels from the pocket of his backpack.

"I'll trade you."

She snatched the bag away and moved into the seat beside his desk. The boy sat down in his desk and then turned back to her.

"I'm Niall, by the way, Niall Horan. Nice to meet you."

"You too," she said. "I'm Darby Gilbert. I'm new."

I'm Darby, in case you haven't already guessed. And that's how my best friend and I met. You wouldn't have known about him then, but I bet you do now.

I was there for him through all that X-Factor stuff. I was backstage at One Direction's first concert. These boys were my family.

Let's fast forward a bit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 68 24
Andy's parents die in car accident. Now Andy and her three siblings have to move from Canada to England to live with their Aunt Lily. Andy is very an...
1.9K 71 12
Emma goes to Richmond High, she has no clue who One Direction is, nor does she care. So when she wins the school contest to take a trip to the UK wi...
316K 4.2K 31
"It's been seven years, Niall. I thought...you'd forget about me." When Allie Hunter's mother died of cancer, her life was torn apart as her formerly...
55.8K 1.1K 25
Elizabeth Laversi, or Ellie as she calls herself, has nothing left to live for. After the loss of her brother and mother, the only person she has lef...