She's Golden

By bellenuit

(Also affectionately known as "Wolves in the Big City"). Meet George, twenty-eight year old university libra... More

She's Golden
Preview Phase - Human and Wolf
Prologue Phase - The She-Wolf
First Phase: Who's that Chick?
Second Phase: Smell Like a Manly Man
Third Phase: Snarl like a B***h (Edited)
Fourth Phase: G'Day, Mate! (Edited)
Fifth Phase - OMG, M-A-T-E!
Sixth Phase: What the Hell Just Happened?
Seventh Phase: Dress to Impress
Eighth Phase: Anticipation, and Linguistic Flirtation
Ninth Phase: Seduction in Esperanto
Tenth Phase: Always
Eleventh Phase: Mate Tracking 101
Twelfth Phase: What Has Been Seen...
Interlude Phase: Weird Tales of Wolves in the City
Phase Thirteen: ...Cannot Be Unseen
Phase Fourteen: Moondance
Phase Fifteen: The Flirtatious Interruption, pt. 1
Phase Fifteen: The Flirtatious Interruption, pt. 2
Phase Sixteen: Here Cad, Have Medicine
Phase Seventeen: Within Earshot
Phase Eighteen: A La Milonga
Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 1.
Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt 2
Phase Nineteen: Hora de La Verdad (The Hour of Truth), pt. 3
Twentieth Phase: Well, this is awkward...
Interlude Phase: A Sharp-Dressed Man (L&D)
Phase Twenty-One: Sweet Beginnings
Interlude Phase: A Note from Belle Nuit
Interlude Phase: Werewolves These Days/Sh*t City Wolves Say
Phase Twenty-Two: She's So Stealthy, pt 1
Phase Twenty-Two: She's So Stealthy, pt. 2
Phase Twenty-Three: Hello Again, Goodbye
Phase Twenty-Four: The Damn Trophy
Phase Twenty-Five: The Girl is Golden, pt. 1
Phase Twenty-Five: The Girl is Golden, pt. 2
Phase Twenty-Six: Every Bit the She-Wolf
Phase Twenty-Seven: The She-Wolf's Temptation
Phase Twenty-Eight: Feeling You
Phase Twenty-Nine: Bond
Thirtieth Phase: The Morning After
Phase Thirty-One: Dressing to Impress...Again
Phase Thirty-Two: Fumbling Toward Ecstasy
Phase Thirty-Three: Role Reversal
Phase Thirty-Four: A Marked She-Wolf?! pt. 1
Phase Thirty-Four: A Marked She-Wolf?! pt 2
Phase Thirty-Five: Those Pesky Pheromones, pt.1
Phase Thirty-Five: Those Pesky Pheromones, pt.2
Phase Thirty-Six: B***h, Please!
Phase Thirty-Seven: Playing House, pt. 1
Phase Thirty-Seven: Playing House, pt. 2
Phase Thirty-Eight: Golden Protection
Phase Thirty-Nine: Madness in Apartment G, pt. 2
Fortieth Phase: The White Wolf
Interlude Phase: No Update This Week
Phase Forty-One: We Belong, pt. 1
Phase Forty-One: We Belong, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Two: Purring on the Job
Phase Forty-Three: Into the Wild, pt. 1 (Edited)
Phase Forty-Three: Into the Wild, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Four: Setting the Trap, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Four: Setting the Trap, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Five: Luring the Bait, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Five: Luring the Bait, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Six: Animal Magnetism, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Six: Animal Magnetism, pt. 2
Phase Forty-Seven: She's Coming to Get You, Sophie...
Phase Forty-Eight: The Final Showdown
Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt. 1
Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt, 2
Phase Forty-Nine: Láng, pt, 3
Fiftieth Phase: The End, pt. 1
Fiftieth Phase: The End, pt. 2
Epilogue Phase: We're Golden, pt 1.
Epilogue Phase: We're Golden, pt. 2
Author's Note

Phase Thirty-Nine: Madness in Apartment G, pt 1 (edited)

23.7K 438 32
By bellenuit

Ba-dump.

George focused on keeping her feet firmly on the ground, even as her heart slammed against ribcage and threatened to knock her off her feet.  She gritted her teeth as Dominic entered the living room, eyes wild and golden in madness.  The rushed, violent chorus of two frightened mortal heartbeats reminded her for the task at hand - protecting her mate and his roommate from the possible onslaught of a jealous, angry werewolf.

Her mate and his roommate, who was apparently her best friend's mate - a fact that she'd just discovered a few moments ago.

Fuck my life, she chanted in her head over and over again.  Fuck my life.

George had fought so hard to keep her lupine life and her human life separate from Julian, except for the few occasion breaks of composure.  While she knew she'd stirred up Julian's curiosity with every break, things would eventually blow over in the end.

But there was no getting out of this one. 

Things were about to get real.

And if things really got out of hand, she'd have no choice but shift right before their eyes.

George prayed that it wouldn't get to that - there would be no time to take off her clothes, and she was particularly fond of this dark gray hoodie and bootcut jeans.  But if Dominic couldn't be tamed, but she was prepared to do anything to protect the humans.

Either way, this man had a ton of explaning to do when all was said and done.  Again, fuck my life.

"You two are to stay behind me, and you are not to move."  Her voice was quiet and terse.  "If any of you make a move, you'll have me to deal with.  If you want to get out of this alive, you will do as I say."

"What the hell is wrong with him?"  Liam cried out, terror and guilt within his voice.  While she could have killed him herself for instigating all this, she also felt sorry for him.  "And why are his eyes gold?  I thought they were blue."

"He's not exactly himself right now."  While truer words were never spoken, it was also the understatement of the year.  "You running away didn't help matters."

"Why not?  What the hell is wrong with him?"

"Let's just say that this is kind of like his time of the month - though it only happens once for a month.  He's temperamental, territorial, and borderline batshit insane.  And now that he's seen you with someone else, he's about as dangerous as a stripper on Jerry Springer with a chair."

"So does this mean he's going to try to kill us?"  Liam sounded like he lose his crap at any moment.  I don't want to clean that up!  "Oh my God, we're going to die, aren't we?"

"Not if I can't help it.  Now, just shut up and let me do my thing."  George took one step forward, spreading out her arms.  "Hi there, Dominic.  It's been a while, hasn't it?  How's it going?"

The other wolf didn't say anything.  He didn't even bother to look at George.  Instead, his eyes were trained on the two humans behind her, lips curled back in anger with nostrils flared in disgust.  Bile burned at the line of her throat as she realized that he was preparing to attack, maybe even shift.  While her wolf readied itself for battle, George felt like she was going to be sick.

"Mine!" Dominic seethed in a low growl that was inhuman as it was grating.  "You're with my mate? Why are you with my mate?  He's mine!"

"Take it easy, Dominic."  George could do nothing to conceal her anxiety.  "We're all friends here, right?  Besides, you know that Julian is with me right?  Besides, their just roommates - "

"SHUT UP!"  Dominic roared, the anger and the rage slapping the calm right out of her.  Liam's heart raced even faster, and she feared that she'd smell the distinct scent of urine on denim at any moment.  And while Julian's heartbeat jumped slightly, he remained calm, much calmer that her own.  She wanted nothing more than to look at him and assure him that she wouldn't allow him to be hurt, she knew better than to turn her back on Dominic.  "He's mine!  He belongs to me!  He carries my mark on his neck!  And yet you tried to take him from me!"

"No one is taking anything from you!" George snapped back.  She took a deep breath, willing herself to remain calm.  The last thing I want to do is upset him so much that he attacks.  "What I mean is there is nothing to worry about here.  Liam asked for Julian's help as a friend, that's all.  Much like I ask you for help when I need it, you know?"

Dominic paused his advancement, pondering her words.  George inhaled a deep breath, praying that maybe she'd somehow gotten through to him.  Never mind that she was quite pissed at him for frightening her mate and even more pissed from concealing his mate's identity.  Calming him down was the most important thing right now...

"That's it, Dominic," she whispered in encouragement, gingerly taking a few steps toward here.  "We're all friends here, right?  That's what you've always told me.  You don't need to worry, mi lobo, everything is just..."

George didn't see it coming, nor did she have time to react.  The right hook connected hard with her jaw, and the sound of her jarred, cracked bone echoed within her ears as she fell to the floor with a sickening crack.  Pain radiated from every inch of her body as she spit out blood onto the floor.

"Georgia!" Julian cried in horror as he tried to rush to her side.

"No! Don't move!" She stuck her arm out before getting back up on her knees.  The pain might have faded, but her ego was very bruised.  "Don't either of you move!  I'll handle this.  Like I said, he's not himself."

"You bitch," Dominic growled, eyes blazing.  "I always thought you were my friend, but you're nothing but a two-faced twat."  George couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth.  The wolf is firmly in control right now, she thought as the frenzy overwhelmed her.    "You helped him!  You were helping him take my mate away from me."

"Dominic, you are out of line."  Little by little, she allowed her wolf to come out.  Still, she hoped that somehow, things would end differently.  "I have done no such thing, and you know that.  Now, you need to stop this before you frighten your mate, and you really lose him..."

"I will not lose my mate!" he bellowed, balling his hands into tight fists.  She could see the hairs standing up all over his skin.  Fuck, this is really happening.  If we're going to do this, I need to get him outside before the neighbors freak out.  "I have waited too long for this!  I've waited too long for him!  No one will take away what's mine!  I'll kill them before that happens."

And that's what I'm afraid of.  "No one is trying to do that to you!  Believe me, I know how much you've wanted this.  When you told me you found your mate, no one was happier for you than me, really!"

"Liar!  You're lying!  All you do is lie to me!"

"I'm not lying, Dominic.  I would never do that to you.  You've done so much for me, you saved my life all those years ago when I had no one else.  I would never ever betray you!"

"Shut your trap before I hit you again, pup!"  Her wolf growled, displeased with the insult.  "Nothing you can say can make me forgive you.  You're as good as dead to me now."

George knew that was the madness talking and not Dominic himself, but the words hurt nonetheless.  "Dominic, please, listen to me..."

"Stay down, pup."  The authority of his command hit her harder than his punch did.  Her wolf whined and tried to resist his order as George stopped her ascent, unsure of what to do.  "You stay right where you are.  I want you to watch what happens when people try to defy me."

"Dominic, please!"  George felt her own hairs stand on end as she pleaded in desperation.  Once again, she tried to get back to her feet.  "Don't do this.  Please, don't do this.  I'm not ready to show him what I mean, please don't make it do this now..."

"Stay down now!"  George cried out as she once again fell to her knees, unable to overcome the Elder Privilege.  Down on all fours, she cried and whimpered, submission unbecoming of her.  For all her lineage and strength, even she couldn't defy this, especially since Dominic was much stronger than he usually was.  "Don't move until I tell you move.  I won't tell you again." 

Dominic leaned down, tilting her so that their eyes met.  The fury that swirled within his golden eyes was nothing she'd ever seen before.  "Don't worry, mi loba, I'll make sure that your mate doesn't suffer too much.  I'll leave that to you..."

"Get your hands off her."  The gravel, quiet growl caught George complete off-guard.  The weight of the order lifted slightly, enough for her to looking over to Julian, who stood tall in determination.  His eyes narrowed toward Dominic, and he looked very pissed off.  But there was something about his anger that she couldn't quite figure out.  "Don't you ever touch her again."

"Julian, I said keep quiet!" George snapped.  "Please, don't make this worse, I can handle it."

"Get away from her right now before someone gets hurt."  Julian's voice was even and smooth, and George knew he was completely serious.  Her wolf stirred inside her, curious to this new development.  "Before I hurt you."

"Is that right?" Julian didn't flinch as Dominic got all up in his face, the older man towering over her shorter mate.  "Well, you've got balls, don't you?  That explains everything, doesn't it?"

The weight of Dominic's authority lifted, and George rose to her feet.  Her wolf kept her firmly in place.  You stay here.  You no go there.  Mate handle it.

But Dominic will hurt him!  I need to...

Mate got this, her wolf assured her.  You stay, watch.

George did as she was told.  She feared for her mate, but as he stood toe-to-toe with her friend, she had this odd feeling that her wolf spoke the truth.

------

These eyes belong to no ordinary man, but another beast, similar to you, and definitely much stronger.

But you shouldn't let that stop you.  You have in you to stop him - to protect the woman you love.

All you need to do is focus - and wait.

Julian stared hard into Dominic's eyes, calm in the face of feral intensity.  The threat that Dominic posed wasn't lost on him at all.  This guy had a good seven inches on him in terms of height, and he definitely looked like he worked out.  If Dominic truly wanted to, he could beat him into a bloody pulp within a matter of seconds.

But he wouldn't. 

He couldn't.

Julian had this.  He knew that he'd be fine.  All he had to do was focus and keep telling himself that he could protect his Georgie, no matter what.  He wouldn't allow his rage to overwhelm him, even though he wanted to hurt Dominic to punching George like that.  And while she reminded them over and over again that he wasn't himself, that was no excuse.

Dominic hurt Georgia.  Now, Julian had ever intention of hurting him.

"Julian, man, what are you doing?"  Liam asked under his breath.  "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"I don't know what the hell you're getting at, breaking into Georgia's apartment and punching her like that," Julian hissed, still calm while ignoring his roommate's question.  "All I know is that you've assaulted my girlfriend and you're scaring the hell out of my roommate, and I won't let you do it anymore."

"Oh, really?"  Dominic laughed, amused by Julian's courage.  "And how the hell do you think you can manage that?  Don't you know that you're already as good as dead?"

"You need to leave, Dominic."  Julian could feel the power of the beast growing inside him, swirling ever closer to climax.  "I get that you aren't yourself right now, so just go home and get yourself together before you get hurt."

"Before I get hurt, huh?"  His golden eyes grew even more wild and untamed.  That only encouraged Julian's beast even further.  "And what makes you think you can hurt me?"

Julian smirked.  "I just know.  The question is, are you willing to find out?"

Dominic laughed even harder, grabbing his stomach while throwing his head back.  Julian stood completely still, readying himself.  This was it - it was coming. 

The time was now.

"You must have really big balls, boy!" Dominic managed through his laughter.  The older man curled his lips back into a sinister smile, the glint of sharp canines flashing before Julian's eyes.  "Fuck mercy - I want you to suffer too!"

His fist came fast and hard toward him, and under any other circumstance, Julian was sure he wouldn't be able to see it.  But the closer it came to him, the slower it moved, and Julian could track every movement.  His smirk deepened as he caught Dominic's fist in his hand, stopping it cold.  Liam and George gasped as Dominic's eyes widened, taken aback.

"What the hell?" The older man breathed, confused.  "What the hell are you?"

Julian cocked his head, brown eyes giving way to wild gold ones.  "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Before Julian had time to think about his actions, his knee connected with Dominic's abdomen, crushing deep and hard with muscle and intenstine, the sick sound of squishyness music to his ears.  The older man howled, doubling over in pain.  Driven further by his instincts, Julian didn't hesitate.  His fist radiated with hidden savagery as it met with Dominic's chin, punching him so hard that it send him flying back, crashing into the coffee table, wood splintering all over his back.

"Holy shit!" Liam cried out, rushing over to the fallen man.  "Julian, you didn't need to do that!"

Julian remained where he stood, watching as Dominic's body slumped onto the remnants of the table, barely conscious.  The beast inside him buzzed in approval, all too pleased to take that man down.  He had it coming - he was warned, but he didn't listen, and now, he was paying the consequences.  As much as he wanted to gloat, he had more important matters to attend to.

Like Georgia.

Julian's eyes darted over to the woman he loved. He could sense her fear and her confusion as she watched Liam fussing over Dominic for a moment before staring back at him curiously.  He shook his head, both offended and amused.  Offended because she should be looking and fussing over him, and amused because despite being punched in the face and called terrible names, she still cared very much for her friend.

That's why he loved her so much.

"Georgia."  He frowned as she shrugged him off, grabbing a hold of her shoulders.  She froze at the sight of his eyes, now just as golden as hers.  "Georgia, are you all right?"

"What the hell is going on?" she whispered in astonishment.  "How did you do that?  Why are your eyes glowing?"

"Georgia."  Julian had no answers for her.  He didn't understand this part for himself, and he wasn't even sure how he began to feel this way in the first place.  But if there was one thing he was certain of, it was that she had nothing to fear, as he could never hurt her.  "Georgie, it's okay..."

He wrapped her into his arms, bring her closer.  Her eyes stared into his, in both curiosity and in amazement.  She was afraid, yet she wasn't afraid - he somehow knew that. She just didn't know what to make of it all, and neither did he.

Something between them clicked.  As they stared at each other with golden eyes, there was somehow a deep understanding of the ties that bound them together, that would never break them apart, that would always link them together.

"Julian."  Georgia allowed him to take all of her in, to run his fingers through her hair, to inhale her scent, and to just be with her.  "Julian, what did you do?  Why did you..."

"He tried to hurt you, Georgia.  He hurt you."  The wildness inside him growled at the memory of Dominic punching Georgia, but Julian reminded himself over and over again that it was okay now.  "I couldn't let him get away with that.  I will never allow anyone to do that to you."

"Julian."  Every time she spoke his name, it was a question she couldn't form into words, a question he could give her the answers to.  Instead, she hands caressed his cheeks over and over again, her golden eyes looking into his golden ones.  "Julian..."

"It's okay, Georgie, it's okay."  He placed his forehead on hers.  "It's okay, everything will be okay, I promise.  We'll both be okay."

Georgia sighed, nodding her head.  "I hope so..."

"Dominic, wake up!"  Still holding Georgia, Julian looked over to Liam, who tried to shake Dominic back into consciouness.  As his roommate grew more and more anxious, Julian couldn't believe his eyes.  "Come on, man, don't do this to me?  Please be okay, please wake up!"

"Liam, what are you doing?"  Julian asked in disbelief.  "Don't try to wake him up!  He just tried to kill us!"

"I didn't want him to get hurt!"  Liam ignored Julian, shaking Dominic even harder.  "You didn't need to punch him so hard!  What if you killed him?"

"I didn't kill him, Liam.  And even if I did, it was in self-defense..."

"You didn't need to hurt him!" Liam cried out again, tears forming in his eyes.  He shook Dominic even harder now.  "Please, please, wake up.  I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry..."

"Ungh..."  Liam sighed in relief as Dominic stirred from his unconscious state.  Julian held Georgia even tighter, prepared to fight once more.  This guy is just as strong as I expected him to be.  "Mi tesoro, is that you?"

"Yes, it's me."  Liam pulled his the older man into a power, loving - loving? - hug.  "Dominic, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I should have never run away from you."

Dominic wrapped his arms around the younger boy, a gentle smile on his face.  Julian and Georgia stared at the two of them before exchanging puzzled glances.

"Is this for real?" he sputtered.

"I'm afraid it is," Georgia admitted. 

Julian shook his head.  "But how?  What?  I can't even..."

"Don't worry - I'll explain everything to you.  I promise."  Her eyes were glazed with terror and resolve.  Somehow, I know that things will never be as they were before...  "But first, these two have a hell of a lot of explaining to do - as well as a coffee table to replace."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8M 547K 32
"Y-your H-highness? I-i'm sorry b-but t-there m-must b-be a-a m-mistake..." A loud growl sounded through the whole ballroom causing me to start shaki...
18K 1.2K 20
After being saved by the mysterious Lord Vincent, Kylo flees with him to Venice where a new life awaits him - a life free of his step-family yet full...
10.8K 702 29
Daniel Vincent Humphrey has never been entirely comfortable. His family loves him, but he's very aware that the rest of the world only tolerates his...
22.9K 2.2K 20
Book 1 of the Supernatural Trilogy 'Shadows Of Virtus' When you have the inner strength to fight any foe but a body that refuses to work, you find yo...