Karna-The legendary ruler

By vikramdey

Karna, a demigod, a mortal, a son, a brother and a good king. Karna the man who can go to any extent to... More

Prologue
New place, new life
Tragedies struck again
Revenge or Justice
A new journey
Meeting Lord Parshuram
Past (I)
Past(II) and new resolution
Making of a warrior
Princess Madanmanjari
Curse
Who am I?
Aditya- the savior
Fight for justice (I)
Sneak peek
Fight for justice (II)
Announcement
Attack on Magadh
Karna's strategy
Flashback 1
Flashback 2
Most awaited revenge?
Radheya vs Magadhraj
Judgment delivered (II)
Next step
Love or Infatuation?
Daanveer
Banga Vijay
Characters (I)
Characters (II)
Journey to home
The man with the broken heart
Hastinapur's reaction- new conspiracies
Broken trust
New bond
Radheya Vansh
Varnavart
Rukmini Haran
Teaser
Yagnaseni-boon or curse
New Book
The aftermath of the swyamvar
Division of Hastinapur
Marriage proposal
Pain, conspiracy and loyalty
Marriage and disaster
Maha Rajyaabhishek

Judgment delivered (I)

3.1K 153 32
By vikramdey

The next day, Magadha

Entire Magadha was agitated and tensed about the judgment their Maharaj was going to pass against the Hastinapur warriors. Even the courtiers of Magadha Royal Court also tensed about the upcoming event. Vishnugupt, Eklavya or all other people who were close to Maharaj Karn were also perturbed. Though they lived with Aditya for many years but it seemed that still they did not understand their Maharaj. Yesterday evening Karna called them and asked about their opinion regarding Bheesm and others. Though Eklavya, Vishvanu and other young warriors wanted some gruesome punishment for the Kuru princes and other HP Royals for attacking them without provocation. But Hiranyadhanush, Vishnugupt and other experienced ministers understood that if they kill the princes then it would create an adverse effect.

Vishnugupt, 'Maharaj, now we have an upper hand but HP still has many alliances. Entire Aryavart believes that the Pandavas and Bheesm are DEvputras and they are here on earth to protect mankind from evil. HP uses its spy networks quite well to spread this kind of propaganda.'

Pandit Ramananda another elderly minister said, 'Yes, prince Yudhistir is a darling to Brahmins Maharaj. He donated much wealth, cows even lands to the Brahmins to please them. So they always sing to his tune. So if we do anything bad to them the Brahmins will rebel against Magadha. 

Hiranyadhanush, 'And Maharaj, you know how easy it is to instigate everyone in the name of religion. Common people will be scared and turn against you. Drona and Aswatthama are Brahmins and it is forbidden to kill Brahmins. '

Eklavya, 'So what will we do? Treat them like Royal guests and then send them back to their kingdom? They are either Brahmins or Devputras so can't do anything to them?'

Gajraj, 'If we just let them go, then everyone will think that we are scared and weak. Other kingdoms will attack us again.'

Vishnugupt, 'Maharaj, I am not telling you to spare them, but don't kill them or do something that can give HP royals a chance to instigate rebellion against you.'

Karna looked at them blankly and then asked everyone to leave except Vishnugupt. Then he asked, 'Vishnuguptji, then what is your suggestion?

Judgment day morning,

Karna was standing on the bank of river Ganga looking at the rising sun. He was contemplating his talk with Vishnuguptji, Krishna and Yamini. He was very confused even after all of them tried to show him the proper path but those whose words soothe his heart were Yamini and..... Shon. Yes, he saw Shon in his dream. For the last many years whenever he felt pain or confused about his decision, he saw Shon. Shon helped him to choose the proper path. Even last night he saw his youngest brother. 

Flashback,

Karna was sitting in lotus position on the floor of his room. He knew that killing Bheesm would not be a wise decision but how long could he make his brother wait? In fact, he even could not kill Bheesm because of his boon....Oh God, why those undeserving always got boons? His brother was still waiting for Moksh, he was still carrying his brother's ashes with him...but now he was so close...

'Bhrata,' someone called, Karna opened his eyes to see Shon was standing in front of him.

Karna (emotionally), 'Shon, Anuj you here? Anuj you don't need to suffer here for long. Soon you will get Mukti from this pain.'

Shon, 'Brother, who told you that I will be in peace after Bheesm's death. His death is not my goal.  I can only get attain peace when you fulfill my wish to bring change into society. As long as the poor people are oppressed in society, as long as they are deprived of their basic needs, I will not attain moksha. Bhai, just be killing Bheesm you will get revenge, but I need justice, justice for all. I want equality for all, so if you want to give me peace, change the society...'

Karna, 'No Shon, please don't.....I have waited for long, I can't wait for more...please don't make me weak...

Suddenly he jolted out from his sleep. All this stress made him tired. But now he got his answer.

 Flashback ended

Karna returned to the palace and prepared for the day. Many citizens also gathered outside the palace to hear about the proceeding.

Magadha court,

Karna was sitting on his throne. All his ministers were also present. Krishna also sat on a throne and Yamini stood beside him in her full battle regalia.  Only Saint Viswamitra's and Parshuram's throne was empty. Karna asked the Guards to bring the prisoners. 

All the Kuru princes, Bheesm, Drona, Aswatthama along with the allied kings were brought to the court. The Prisoners gritted their teeth seeing the Suta on the throne but they were helpless. They were more shocked to Dwarkadheesh Shri Krishna sat in the court. The prisoners were brought before the king, then Karna asked, 'Welcome the great warriors of HP, now please tell us the reason for your visit to our lovely country?'

Before Bheesm could say anything, Yudhistir said, 'You shall not talk to my Pitamaha with that tone?'

Karna 'Why not prisoner Yudhistir? You are my prisoners here, you attacked my country without any reason, killed my soldiers, you had committed crime against my kingdom, so now you criminals want me to give you respect and royal treatment.....what a demanding spoiled brat you are I must say.'

'Shock' was an understatement that all courtiers felt at that time. They saw many emotions in their Maharaj calm, calculated, angry but first time they saw him in a different light. His voice was calm but his eyes were gleaming like fire and the sarcastic smile he had on his face.....no it was not a good sign.

Bheesm, 'Yes we lost the war, you can do whatever you want to us....you wanna kill us....go ahead.'

Karna, 'Gangaputra, talking about death is easy for the one who has a protection of "Icchyamrityu". Did you ask others what they feel about their impending death?' Saying that he looked at others. The Kuru princes and Aswatthama were unperturbed but Uluka and other kings were uncomfortable. They were Kshatriyas...they were fearless but dying for ones' own country was something else. While here they were trapped because of their alliance with HP. There was no point for them to suffer for the false pride of Kurus. They felt angry at HP for dragging them in such a mess.

Arjun, 'We are Kshatriyas, we are not scared of death.'

Karna, 'Prince...oh not prince now.....I am not going to kill you so relax.... but you know sometimes death can be the most merciful punishment.'

Krishna, 'But I am curious, why did you attack Magadha? '

Drona, 'Dwarkadhish, Magadha is becoming the hub of Adharma and it is our sacred duty to establish Dharma.'

Vishnugupt, 'You have enmity with Jarasandh but never did you engage with him, then after his death why did you attack? When Jarasandha committed so many heinous crimes then you did not think about Adharm, then what happened suddenly that you all rushed here like mad bulls to establish Dharm.'

Karna, 'You have no intention to save innocents from injustice or establish Dharm. You did not attack Jarasandh because you were afraid of him and his army. But now when he is dead, you thought that is a perfect time to conquer Magadha. You thought a Suta is a king so he may be weak, so it will be easier for you to take over this kingdom..right you so-called Dharmvaan persons?'

Bheesm, 'Vishnuguptji, you are Brahmin, then why are you serving a low-class Suta?'

Vishnugupta roared, ' You are talking about Dharm? Where were you when the subjects were tortured, when I asked for Hastinnapur's help to get justice for thousands of men, women and children? Not a single Kshatriya agreed to help us in fear of Jarasandh. But when someone helped us, liberated us from the lifetime of torture, now you came to recite Dharma and Shastra. Get lost Bheesm. If Kshatriyas are like you and your king, then it's better to have a Suta king who at least risked his own life for us.'

The Kurus and others' had no answer to it.

Arjun as a last resort, 'Dwarkadheesh, why are you supporting him, we are your family....my mother is your aunt. Instead of protecting us, you are enjoying our plight?'

Krishna stood up from his seat, 'You are talking about relations, first ask you mother the meaning of relationship, then come and give us lectures. We asked for your help to stop Jarasandh, but the royals of HP declined our proposal. We have to leave Mathura our ancestral home....now Maharaj Karna promised us to return Mathura, so why should I not help him. When you did not respect the value of relationships and only saw the political gain, then what shall not we?'

Karna looked at Krishna weirdly. He knew him better. Krishna should not get agitated just because of the reason he said. He was angry for something else. He knew how strong Krishna was and he himself could stop Jarasandh. So he was not only angry on HP for declining their proposal. Ther was something else that had made the calm, composed person so angry.

Then suddenly Yamini caught Krishna's shoulder and signaled hi to sit. Krishna somehow controlled himself and returned back to his throne.

Drona angrily, 'Enough, you all are committing crime by allowing this low borns to raise weapons. I will not allow it. I Bhradwaj putra Drona cursing you all.....'

'STOP, ONE MORE WORD AND I WILL BEHEAD YOU MYSELF. KILLING SUCH A DARK SPOT IN THE NAME OF TEACHERS AND BRAHMINS WILL BE A PUNYA FOR ME, ' a thundering voice came from the door.

Everyone was shocked and looked at the main gate where two sages were standing. One of them was calm but the other was seething with anger.

Everyone stood up and bowed in front ofthem.

Bheesm, Drona,'Gurudev?'

Parshuram,'Don't call me Gurudev...I thought that I am giving knowledges to two young men who were good, who will use their knowledges for the betterment of mankind. But binds himself with politics only for the betterment of the Royals and others used his knowledge to exact revenge and gain the royal throne for his son. You are nothing but two disgraces for me.'

Drona, 'Gurudev, please, why you are blaming me? You have no idea what I have to tolerate for my ideologies. When I lived my life as a humble Brahmin then no one...I mean not a single person helped me and my family. Now from HP, I got wealth , fame a kingdom, so why are you angry then? It is not I achieved it by unfair means. It is a fruit of my hard work.'

Karna, 'Is that so....then why don't you admit it. Why don't you confess that you are a partial teacher who did favoritism among his own students? We are not saying anything about Panchal as yes it was  your Gurudakshina and you have full right on it. But  what about your treatment with Eklavya?'

Parshuram, 'Drona if it was your intention to teach only royalties then why did you put the facade of a non partial Guru in front of the society? You portrayed himself as a teacher who only saw potential among the students but when you see someone better than the princes you tried to destroy it. You tarnished the first principal to be a teacher...equality. A Brahmin is one who has Brahmyagyan...who saw Param Brahmma in everyone. But we changed the concept into one who thinks of themselves among everyone. Is that I taught you?'

 Viswamitra, 'I a the kulguru of Magadha Raj Karna and I am warning you Drona. If you tries to curse my student, you will lose your Brahhmatej as well as your knowledges. So think carefully.'

Parshuram, 'Karna is not only my best student so far, but he is also like a son to me. So don't you dare to use unfair means to defeat him.'

Now The prisoners realized that they were really in dire predicaments. Not only Dwarka but also two great sages were with Karna. Why everyone was siding this Suta? What was so special about him? 

Viswamitra, 'Magadharaj, now declare what you want to do to them.'

Karna, 'Gurudev, before punishing these royals first I need to punish a sinner. I promised someone many days back that I will help him to take revenge.'

 Karna looked at a person, a commander in HP army 'Kirtimaan' then asked Kinkar, 'Shabarraj Kinkar, is he the man you were talking about?'

Kinkar was a leader of Shabar tribe, they lived near the forest of Anga and HP border. But due to the torture by the upper-class people and the ministers of HP they were forced to leave their forest, the mountains which they worshipped as their Gods and moved to the forests near Magadha. Karna during his nomadic life met with them on Anga and he saw their sufferings. When he met them again as Aditya near Magadha he found out how the minister of Tribal welfare of HP and some commanders who were appointed to protect them were actually kidnapping the tribal women and children and selling them as slaves. Not only that, according to rule of HP the tribals were not allowed to use weapons but to live in a forest one should carry some weapons, for protection, for hunting, it was the right of the tribals. But under the rule they could not do that, HP royals appointed some soldiers for their protection but they took bribes from the local tribes in the name of protection. The soldiers attacked the villages, looted their foods, molested the women also abducted them to satisfy their lusts. Among them, this Kirtiman was the worst. He was responsible for killing Kinkar's father, mother and r**ed his wife.  Karna knew his story and today after seeing him Kinkar screamed in anger, 'Yes Maharaj, he is the one. He destroyed my family. He sold many women and children of our tribes to the slave markets. He killed so many men. Maharaj, I demand his punishment.'

Other ministers, 'Yes Maharaj, give him death sentence.'

Karna, 'Gangaputra, do you know how your own commanders and ministers are torturing your own subjects, no you have no idea. How do you.....after all you are busy with serving the upper class and the Royals. You won over many kingdoms but cannot take care of your own people properly. So now Kirtiman, do you have to say anything.'

Krishna, 'Mahasay, don't even try to lie, I know Kinkar is speaking the truth.'

Kirtiman, 'I did not anything wrong, these tribals are equivalent to animals. They have no right to even breathe the same air that we have.'

Karna, 'So you admit your crimes.....Bheesm you once said Kshatriyas are not afraid of death, let's see...... As the king of Magadha now I am going to declare the punishment.

Guards, take that man Kirtiman and cut his tongue, nose, ears and fingers slowly, then burn his eyeballs, slowly cut all his organs out but do it slowly so that he will remain alive to enjoy our treatment fully. At last cut his heart out. Kinkar do you want to do the honors?'

Kinkar, 'Yes Maharaj, I will.....till now I have spent many sleepless nights recalling the terrible day, my wife's scream cannot let me in peace. This man's brutal end can at least give her soul the deserving peace.' 

Karna, 'After taking his heart out, send all his body parts and other whatever left to the king of Hastinapur. 

The guards dragged Kirtiman outside. He forgot all his pride and screamed, begged to have mercy, but today he had to geet the result of his deeds. All those women, children, men also begged to him but he did not pay any heed. Today was thee day of Justice. 

Hiranyadhanush, 'Maharaj, but what will we do to these prisoners?'

Karna, 'Ask Maharaj Dhritarashtra to come to the border of Magadha to negotiate the terms of release of these prisoners. We have certain demands. If he fulfill those I will let these useless princes, kings and others go. Otherwise....well king and queen cannot see but others have to see the mutilated bodies of the princes. And Bheesm don't worry, I am not going to kill you. I will give you the front seat to enjoy the death scenes of your beloved grandsons.'   

 Note: Thanks to rajnishmuku, Amritsagar1 and others for lovely suggestions.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.7K 22
Rebirth. Friendship. Love. Tears. Humiliation. War. Sadness. This is a tale of all combined together. Will Advika be able to change fate of many or b...
158K 7.7K 91
𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒖𝒍𝒆𝒌𝒉𝒂, a young cheerful girl from Kaliyug, is reborn as the sister of the Pandavas after she dies. She was the apple of their eyes, thei...
68.3K 3.4K 32
~Book 1 of Mother's secret series~ After the incident in the graduation arena, where Karna has sworn himself in front of the entire kingdom to Duryod...
5.6K 418 10
In a twist of fate, the destinies of Karna, Arjuna, and Suyodhan intertwine on the 17th day after the death of Karna, as their memories are transport...