The pretend

By SulainahDiamante

What are you willing to do for the one you love? Can you pretend not to be in love with the love of your life... More

00
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

chapter 8

709 52 7
By SulainahDiamante

Jared

"I'm so sorry babe" I say through the phone hoping Everett could understand me. I hear him sigh and take a really long breath from the other side. I'm really a shitty husband and I don't deserve him at all.

"It's ok I will call Wes or Walla to pick me up, go enjoy" he finally says but I can hear the sadness in his voice.

"Me not picking you up at the airport doesn't mean I didn't miss you. I miss you so much, you know that love" I say tapping my leg down rapidly. He had been to Florida for two days and today makes the third one. I was supposed to pick him up at the airport but mum is holding an event at home which I can't miss.

"I know.." he posed, I can hear him taking deep breaths "go enjoy I will see you home" I know he wanted to say something but he just swallowed it down. I didn't know what he went to do to Florida,he promised to tell me when he comes back. We've been talking over the phone every night but he doesn't tell me.

"I love you" I say

"I know, bye" he then hangs up without replying to my I love you. I looked at the phone in my hand's felt like crying like a fuckin baby. I put my head down on the table wanting to bang it on it. I know I'm hurting Everett,I know I'm an asshole who don't deserve him at all but my parents. I love them too much I can't choose. It will kill me if time comes and I don't have either of them.

I want Everett in my life as much as I want my parents. They are the people who birthed me, who were there since day one and worked hard to give me a better life, I can't disappoint them and then there is Everett the love of my life. I can't let him go, call me selfish but I love him from the depth of my heart and it hurts me because I'm hurting him. I hurt him and he never says anything.

He was so happy the day I met him, he was so happy to do what other couples do, hold hands in public,go to prides, go to dinner, kiss whenever he wants but I put him back in the closet. I shouldn't have done that, I would've let him go because from the beginning I knew I can't come out but the selfish me......my door opened as I jerked my head up to see Marc come in.

"Hey man, you look bad" that's the first thing he said "aren't you been sleeping" he says worriedly.

"You know I can't without Ev besides me" I reply with a soft sigh

"Man you're so whipped" he Chuckles "at least he is coming back today and you should be all smiles by now or you should go home prepare something sweet and beautiful for him" he suggested

"I fucked up again" I whisper dejected

"What did you do"

"I was supposed to pick him up from the airport but you know mum with her events. Probably I will see him late at night" Marc looks at me with a shake of his head sighing.

"Is he upset" he asks

"I know he is but you know him he doesn't show it" I reply. "He is a god's sent, he understands me" I add lowly.

"You're so lucky to have him Jared but one day you have to come out to your parents or he will get tired of this. He had taken too much bullshit already" Marc says

"I know man but you know what will happen when I do. I can't look in my parents eyes and see disgust in them. It will break me" I say with a shaky breath.

"I know man, I know" he replies"are you going to introduce this Eva person to them today" he changes the topic so quickly.

"Everett told me to first wait until he comes back"

"What took him to Florida by the way" Marc asks confused

"I really don't know man, he says that he will tell me when he comes back" I say leaning back in my seat.

"And you're ok with that. Your husband tells you everything and vise versa, then he abruptly goes to Florida and he keeps it to himself and you're ok"I looked at Marc with confusion.

"What're you trying to insinuate," I ask

"I'm not trying to insinuate anything Jared, you just have to be careful what if he...."

"What if what Marc" I hiss at him.

"What if he gets someone else. This is how it starts, going on mysterious trips, first for a few days then a week then a month and before you know it it will be months" he looked at me in the eyes "the day you open your eyes he would be gone forever" his eyes held pain as if something like this happened.

"I trust Everett,he can't do that to me" I say my heart racing.

"I trusted Mercy too" my eyes widened,

"What, what about her" I ask, Mercy his wife.

"I found out two months ago that she had been cheating on me" he says lowly

"What? Mercy. The woman I had known for more than a decade" I asked in disbelief

"Yeah that one and it started with her going to Hampton, spending a few days, then weeks, months" he sighed putting his hand on his mouth. The pain was visible in his eyes "because I trusted her I didn't give it much thought but then she...." He took a deep breath.

"Why didn't you tell me"

"You have your own shit to deal with Jared"

"You're my best friend you would have told me" I insisted, we have known each other since high school "did you confront her"

"Yeah and instead of asking for forgiveness she just asked for divorce"

"Oh shit man I'm so sorry" i say "what about the kids"

"I really don't know man, I think we will share custody or something" he replies stressed "so Jared I have experienced the same thing. It's time to get your head out of your ass and do the right thing. Everett will never be around forever to deal with your shit. He might understand now but not forever" Marc says standing up as he bid me good bye getting out of my office. I can't believe what had happened.

Why did Mercy do that to Marc? I don't understand. They seemed to be so in love.

But will Everett do that to me,I trust him and he says he loves me?

Yet he didn't reply your I love you earlier

My consciousness said, I started to freak out. He can't cheat on my right. I pulled on my fingers feeling really nervous asking myself would he....

The day went by in a blur and now I was seated in my parent's house taking liquor per liquor, what Marc said ringing in my ears. I don't want to lose Everett, if that happens I would die. He is the love of my life. I looked at my parents who were discussing with there friends. If they love me, they have to accept the way I am, right? If they don't, then I know they don't love me enough.

Yet Everetts parents left him.

If someone loves you, they have to love you with all your flaws like Everett, he loves me unconditionally but what if he gets tired of it, what if he can't take it anymore. I stand up on my shaky legs leaving Lydia who was telling me something which I didn't give a fuck. She was a nice lady and if I was not gay, she would be the woman I would marry but sadly...I walked toward my parents with determination in my eyes and steps.

"I can't believe she would laugh like that when her son is a fag" I heard a woman I don't know say as they all looked at Mrs Smith with disgust. I waited to hear what my mother's reply would be and her reply made me weak in the legs.

"If it was mine, I would never leave the house again. It's so humiliating and shameful" my mom said with a shake of her head

"You shouldn't have invited her here," Erica one of my mother's friends said. I hate her.

"Remember she is a member I didn't have a choice but the first meeting we make we're kicking her out of the club. She doesn't deserve to be in it when her son is spreading the disease" she hissed and I felt my eyes wail in tears, they would probably hate me. I can't tell them. I was about to turn around when Erica spotted me.

The bitch.

"Oh hi Jared, how are you son" she asked with a fake smile, I know she doesn't like me because she hit on me and I refused. I waved at them awkwardly faking a smile too. "Your son gets more handsome each passing day Norah," she said eyeing my body. "He will give you beautiful grandchildren, though time is running out" she added clicking her tongue and looking at my mother who laughed nervously.

"Yeah, he should be married by now with kids running around but thinking about it, I have never seen him with any girl before" a woman I don't know said.

"Janice, look at my son. I don't even remember how many girls he broke hearts with" mum laughed nervously looking at this Janice woman.

"I'm sure he did and we're all waiting to see the lucky lady who will break him and put a ring on that finger" Janice laughed too and all I did was gaze at them, what I heard earlier ambling through my head. Now I know they will never love me if I come out to them.

"Soon, you will all be invited" Mum responded in an irritated voice making me shiver. She faced me and was about to add something when a call of my name caught my attention.

I swing around quickly when I heard a soft voice call out at me. I looked at a lady coming towards me with a smile on her lips, the first thing I saw was the smile. I know the smile but......, she was gorgeous. I'm a gay man but I can appreciate beauty when I see one. All the people in the room stopped what they were doing gazing at the lady who was walking toward me.

She wore a long purple free dress, long sleeved her brownish hair bouncing on her head. She reached in front of me looking at me making me nervous "um y..." She cut me off by her lips being pressed on mine. I was in shock not knowing what to do as I put my hands on her shoulder to push her away but her hold on my head tightened and the more I fight the more she pushed her tongue inside my mouth.

For a lady she has a strong grip.

I fought her but she didn't let go at all until I relaxed in the kiss kissing her back with the same intensity. I couldn't help but moan, for some reason the kiss feels so familiar. It's like I have kissed these lips before,the butterflies in my stomach were swimming like insects. My heart racing fervently in my chest. Her mouth was soft and smooth yet rough just like Everett's.....oh god Everett I'm cheating on Everett with this woman. I snapped my eyes open pushing the lady away from me both of us breathing so hard as I looked at her with wide eyes.

"W...." I swallowed not having words to say to her.

"That was hot" a woman squealed behind us and I didn't have to turn around to see who it was coz I already know, it's Erica and right now I didn't care about her the only care was the woman who had just kissed me out of nowhere.

"Jared who is this woman" mum asked standing next to me, dad on her side too with smiles lingering on their lips. That's how I noticed that all the people were looking at us with smiles. I looked at them and then to the woman I just made out with not knowing what to say.

I don't know her.

"I- um" I stuttered out not knowing what to say. The woman laughed throwing her head back and putting her hand on my shoulder. For some reason, I know that laugh, it was deep and masculine, and it sent tumors over my body.

"Oh my baby is shy" the woman said confidently. The voice was smooth, rich yet elegant "you might be Norah and Martin....nice to meet you. I have heard so much about you two. No wonder Jared looks like this, now I know were he got the looks" the woman said smiling. Her voice going a little bit deeper, it made me shiver. What the hell was happening to me. Am I now attracted to the women "oh silly me......

my name is Eva, Eva McCoy, Jared's girlfriend"

****

Hope you all enjoyed this update.

Who do you think is this Eva?

Comment and vote until next time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.3K 12
Dark and Anti have a lot of issues to deal with and stress levels are off the charts, so they decide to use each other to relieve the tension. Words:...
75 0 16
If true love really exist, can I be saved. Between an abusive father and his own thoughts, life seems pointless. It's up to a high school jock to sh...
3.8K 158 38
Pretty Boy How could you exactly define yourself as being pretty? Is keeping myself high, be enough? Would the wounds around my body, mark me as to...
805 103 51
Ever felt like you don't belong? I do most of the time. I watch my friends smiles and try to match and try to be happy but I can't stop feeling like...