Love At First Sight (Sebastia...

By iampartofteamvettel

An F1 fan girl doesn't believe in love at first sight, until that special person, who is none other than an F... More

Chapter 1: Love at First Sight
Chapter 2: His Fan and Friend
Chapter 3: Her Parents' Reaction
Chapter 4: Dinner
Chapter 5: Crash
Chapter 6: Dominant
Chapter 7: Her Feeling to Him
Chapter 8: Dad's Birthday
Chapter 9: Runner-Up
Chapter 10: Gifts from Him
Chapter 11: Collision
Chapter 12: Feeling Down
Chapter 13: A Surprise
Chapter 14: Cooking Challenge
Chapter 15: New Relationship
Chapter 16: A Bit Angry
Chapter 17: First Holiday
Chapter 18: Failure
Chapter 19: World Champion
Chapter 20: Celebration
Chapter 21: Good Start
Chapter 22: Victory in Istanbul
Chapter 23: Childhood Idol
Chapter 24: London
Chapter 25: Invitation
Chapter 26: Home Race
Chapter 28: A Delayed Title
Chapter 29: Second Title
Chapter 30: Her Cousin's Wedding
Chapter 31: Jealousy
Chapter 32: Afraid
Chapter 33: Proposal
Chapter 34: Announcement
Chapter 35: A Happy Ending

Chapter 27: Monza Memories

488 12 1
By iampartofteamvettel

Author's note : Hi, readers! FYI that this chapter is a bit longer than the previous ones! I just can say, enjoy it! And don't forget to hit the vote button and comment here.

Italian GP. Jacqie wouldn't forget the moment she met Seb for the first time in 2008. He made some records there, such as the youngest ever pole sitter, the youngest ever podium finisher, and of course, the youngest ever race winner. And all F1 fans began to take him into account since then.

She hadn't met him for more than a month. He said that he enjoyed his summer break in Croatia. And when the break almost ended, he often went to Milton Keynes to train on the simulator.

After that, he won at Spa-Francorchamps circuit, Belgian GP, on 28th August. He won at one of his favourite circuits for the first time.

While, Jacqie started her study on the 7th semester in September, but as her schedule was only from Tuesday to Thursday, so she could have a flight on Thursday afternoon and came back to Indonesia on Monday.

For her, that was her second time to go to Monza circuit. But for Elisa and Vania, that was their first time to go there. They would have a long flight again. So, they had some chats so that they wouldn't feel bored on the plane.

"Jacqie, can you tell me about Monza?" Elisa asked Jacqie curiously.

Then, she explained to them. "Monza is a nice track. There are a lot of chicanes there and it is for sure a legendary circuit."

"Nice! I think that now you know a lot about F1, Jacqie."

She chuckled. "Not really."

"Of course Jacqie knows a lot about F1, because she learns about it from Sebastian."

Vania nodded. "I agree with you, Elisa!"

"Yeah, I often ask about that to him. We talk about the circuits, the regulations, and many other things."

"That's the advantage for being in a relationship with an F1 driver."

Jacqie nodded as a sign that she agreed with what Vania had said. Then, she heard her ask, "Jacqie, do you feel worry to have an F1 driver as your boyfriend?" Vania asked.

"Yes, sometimes. I can't lie that I always feel worry not only to him but also to the other drivers. Motorsport is a dangerous sport, so anything can happen."

"Let's just hope all of them can race safely, without any big accident."

"I hope so."

"Hmm, If I'm not mistaken, you met him for the first time at the Italian GP, right?"

"Correct. 3 years ago," Jacqie smiled shyly.

"Do you still remember that?"

"How can I forget it? Of course I remember that. He smiled at me, so at the time I thought that he is a very humble F1 driver, and now I realize that it's true."

"Aww... If you didn't come there, maybe for now you wouldn't know him."

"Yeah maybe, Vania. I should say thanks again to my parents because they brought me there."

"You're right! By the way, what about that race? Was that interesting?"

"Of course! I couldn't believe that a not-so-popular team, at that time, could win the race, with a very young driver."

"Not-so-popular team? Do you mean Toro Rosso?"

"Yes. I said that because that team wasn't popular for me at that time. I know that team because of Seb."

"It means that Seb made his former team become popular, right?"

"Totally agree with you," she laughed a little. "Yeah, that race was great, especially for Seb and Toro Rosso. He also made 3 records there."

"Wow that's amazing! What are they?"

"Youngest driver to get pole position, youngest driver to win a race, and also youngest driver to score a podium."

"That's so great! He will be a legend in Formula 1," Elisa stated.

"Yes," Vania agreed. "He can be a legend. One of the greatest legends."

After that conversation, they decided to sleep together. They would landed at 2 in the midnight, Italian time. That would be a tiring day.

---

All of them woke up on a very shiny Friday morning. Then, they took a bath alternately and changed their clothes.

At about 8.30, they went to the restaurant in the hotel to have breakfast. When they ate their foods, Jacqie heard her phone beep. There was a message from Seb. So, she quickly opened it.

Hi, dear! What are you doing now? Have you had your breakfast? I've arrived at the circuit and I'm waiting for you ;)

She smiled to know that he had been at the circuit. He arrived there quite early. He was probably very excited to be there, she thought to herself. Then, she replied his message.

Hello, dear! I'm having my breakfast now with Elisa and Vania. Please wait for us. After this, we will immediately go there. See you! :)

"Seb has arrived at Monza," Jacqie told the others right after she sent her message.

"Really? I think that he always comes earlier."

"Yes, Elisa. And he always comes back to the hotel after the other drivers are already out from the circuit."

"He's such a good example for other drivers."

"Yeah. Okay, let's eat all of these foods, and we go to Monza."

After they had their breakfast, they went to Monza by using a taxi. On their way, they saw the Italian streets and those were very nice.

When they arrived at Monza circuit, they met so many Seb's fans. They took some photos with Jacqie, asked for her autograph, and also asked her to tell Seb that they always supported him.

After that, they came in to the circuit and immediately went to Seb's garage. They arrived around 45 minutes before the first practice session.

Jacqie saw Seb talking to Rocky. And then Rocky saw her first before Seb. He waved his hand to the girls. "Hi, Jacqie!"

"Hi, Rocky! Hi, Seb!"

"Hi! Did you sleep well?" He embraced her and gave a quick kiss on her forehead. He didn't care that Rocky was there looking at them.

"Not really. Jet lag as usual," she laughed a little.

"That's normal for someone who has a very long flight like you, Jacqie," Rocky said.

"100 percent agree with you, Rocky."

Then, Rocky also greeted Elisa and Vania. Jacqie was glad that Seb's team members were always welcome to her family. "Hey! How's life, Vania? Elisa?" Rocky shook hands with them.

"I'm very well, thanks."

"I'm fine, Rocky. But a bit jet lag, just like Jacqie."

"Don't worry, Elisa. You can sit here and you can even take a rest if you want," Rocky joked.

"No! We come here because we want to watch the practice sessions. If we wanted to take a rest, it would be better if we were in our hotel room instead."

"So true, Jacqie. Erm, I'm sorry but we can continue our conversation later. I should prepare myself for the first practice. Is it okay?"

"It's okay, Seb. Good luck!"

Then, they sat in the garage. She saw Seb who was very busy with his team. He was such a perfectionist person. He discussed and asked a lot with the team about every little details of his car.

On the first practice, the session went well for him. And he even became the fastest on the second practice. Although he was the quickest on that session, but his top speed was the slowest from all.

---

At 8 in the evening, they all were still at the circuit. Seb still discussed about the car with the team crews. But not long after that, he asked her to go to a restaurant together. She thought that he was starving already.

"Jacqie, I think it's time to have dinner. What if we go to a restaurant near this circuit? After that you can go to the hotel. While, I should come back here."

"Hmm, okay. By the way, when will you go back to the hotel?"

"I don't know, because there are still a lot of tasks to do."

"I see."

Some minutes later, they found a restaurant. It was a small restaurant, but the spot was quite nice. There, he told the girls that he really loved Italy. "Do you know? Italy is one of my favourite countries."

"Really? I didn't know about that. Why do you like Italy?"

"Italy is a beautiful country, the people are very friendly, and... I also like the foods here," Seb said before he chuckled.

Jacqie replied. "I agree with your on that one!"

"Do you remember when we made pasta for our family, especially for your mother last year?"

"Of course! I remember that because there was a little incident."

"Your finger got injured, right? Be careful next time, Jacqie."

Jacqie smiled at her sister. "I will, Elisa."

"Oh yeah, I also have another reason why I like Italy," Seb told the rest.

Vania asked, "What is that, Seb?"

"In Italy, I met a very beautiful and smart girl. I wouldn't forget the day when I met her."

"Aww that's so sweet, Seb. I think that I know the girl." Vania winked at Jacqie immediately for teasing her.

"Of course you know, Vania," Elisa also joined to tease her.

"Hey! Please don't make me blush," Jacqie said while cupping her cheeks with her hands.

"Sorry, dear, but I told the truth."

Jacqie was too shy to be praised by him in front of the others. But, she couldn't deny that she also wouldn't forget the day when she met him at Monza.

After they had their dinner, the girls went to the hotel, while Seb came back to the circuit. He predicted that he would come back to the hotel at about 11.

---

Again, shiny weather started the day. When Jacqie arrived at Monza, there had been so many F1 fans who were sitting on the grandstand. They really looked forward for the qualifying session.

An hour session had passed and Seb got pole again. It was his tenth pole of the season. McLaren drivers, Lewis and Jenson, were behind him. He really wanted to make it into victory, just like what he did in 2008 when he was still with Toro Rosso.

She congratulated him right after he walked inside the garage. "Well done, Seb! You did a great job, as usual."

"Thank you very much, Jacqie. You have to say that to the crews as well."

"Of course, I'm gonna tell them."

"This is my first pole at Monza with the team," he told her, looking so elated.

"Yes, and I hope that tomorrow you're going to get your first victory here with Red Bull."

Seb said while stroking her upper arm, "I hope so. Thanks for always supporting me."

Not long after that, Elisa and Vania approached them. "Hi, Seb! Congratulations for your pole today!"

"Yes, thank you so much, Elisa."

"This is your tenth pole this year, right?"

He smiled sheepishly. "Yes, that's right, Vania."

"Wow! That's so great!"

"Thank you."

He was very pleased with the result. He was also very optimistic that he would get a good result on the following day.

In the evening, Seb celebrated his pole with his team. He shared the joy and happiness with all crews. But he realized that there were still a lot things to do with them. He was also aware that anything could happen on race day.

---

Starting from pole made him feel a bit nervous. He didn't know whether he could win again just like in 2008 or not.

But he wasn't the only one. She felt nervous as well. But she tried not to think too much about all the possibilities that could happen on the race.

The race started on sunny weather. On the first lap and also on the first corner, Fernando overtook Seb and he led the race afterwards. But, on Lap 4, Seb re-took the lead.

After that, he looked so unbeatable. He increased the gap with other drivers behind him. Finally, he went on to win the race ahead of Jenson and Fernando.

Jacqie immediately went to the place near the parc ferme with Elisa and Vania, to see Seb on the podium. When Seb, Jenson, and Fernando had been on the podium, she saw him crying.

She saw him like that twice. The first time happened when he won the world champion in Abu Dhabi and the second time was on that day.

When Seb came to the garage, she ran and immediately hugged him. He also gave a kiss on her forehead, which had become his habit. "Congrats, Seb! You won here, at Monza, again!"

"Thanks a lot, Jacqie."

"Why did you cry on the podium?"

"Sometimes, I'm a bit emotional. I can't believe that I can win again here. With a different team."

"I understand now. Enjoy your victory!"

Seb really couldn't believe it as he won at Monza for the second time. It was always special for him when he won at one of his favourite circuits. He even couldn't hold his happy tears.

And it was always special too when he won in front of his girlfriend. When he won the race in 2008, Jacqie was there as well, but they hadn't known each other. Three years later, she had become his girlfriend.

"My victory today makes me remember what had happened 3 years ago."

"Your first win in Formula 1?"

"Yes. Hmm, not only that, but also my first meeting with you."

"To be honest, until now I can't stop thinking. Why can I be here? In Formula 1 world. And I realize that it's because of our meeting back in 2008."

Seb smiled so broad. "Thanks for being a part of my career here, in Formula 1. Thanks for always supporting and praying for me."

"With pleasure, Seb. Because it's all that I can give to you."

Then, she hugged him again. He was always grateful to have a girlfriend like her. He would always do his best for her, to make her happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.7K 74
⚠️ Warning, this story contains smut ⚠️ Reunited with her best friends after years apart 2021 was going to a great year, Melissa could feel it. A n...
18.2K 648 47
When the daughter of Saudi's Minister of Sport caught herself in between two drivers, and start seeing two sides of everything. Double sided, where t...
134K 2.9K 75
Charlotte and Sebastian had disliked each other from the moment they met. Now, 8 years after their last meeting they are thrown back together. And th...
139K 3.3K 45
As one of the few women in the male-dominated world, Darcey doesn't go unnoticed, specifically by the driver on her side of the garage, Sebastian Vet...