Midnight Seduction

By dghlmnrt

In the VIP club, Yla encounters a hot stranger. She is forced to take risks that she has never taken before b... More

DISCLAIMER
SYNOPSIS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
EPILOGUE
MIDNIGHT SEDUCTION
AC #1: A RESCUE IN THE SHADOWS
AC #2: TANGLED WEBS
AC #3: MEETING THE PARENTS
AC #4: BROKEN THREADS
AC #5: A UNION OF HEARTS
AC #6: A PROPOSAL TO REMEMBER
AC #7: THE PREGNANCY
AC #8: THE NEW HEIR
THE LAST LETTER

CHAPTER 9

128 2 0
By dghlmnrt

SILENT PAUSE

My files had been deleted from the computer shortly after I arrived at the office. It does not appear to be a system failure. Someone did it, but who did it? Anyway, Elena is going to kill me if I don't get the files back!

"Are you okay?"

"Jax, you surprised me!"

"I'm sorry; are you okay?"

"I'm in big trouble!"

"What happened?"

"It appears that the work I was supposed to present today has been deleted." When my gaze meets Jenna's, I take a deep breath and raise my gaze from the computer. She gives me a knowing, sly smile. It has to be Jenna! There is no one else who is as cunning and bitchy as she is.

"I'll do my best to assist you."

"Huh?"

"I can attempt to recover the files." Jenna approaches me and looks at my computer.

"Problems?"

"Everything is completely perfect!"

"Really? It doesn't appear that way."

I return my gaze to the computer. Jenna thinks she's brilliant! But she has no idea how good I am with computers! I'd like to wipe Jenna's smile away when she realizes nothing she did to me had any effect.

"Everything will be fine in about a minute." Jenna laughs as she walks away, not believing a word I say.

"Are you certain you can handle it on your own?"

"I am."

"You know where to find me if you need assistance."

"I appreciate it." When I look up from my computer, I notice Jenna looking at me with a wry smile. I inhaled deeply and tried to recall everything I knew about computers. I eventually recovered all of the deleted files. I finished it! Jenna passes by at this point, a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Any chance?"

"Sure, everything is ideal. It's as if nothing ever happened." Jenna looks at the computer behind my back, her face changing from calm to enraged.

"You look terrible, honey." Jenna's ears are literally leaking fumes, and I send her a winning smile. Jax comes up to me with a genuine smile.

"Congratulations, Yla!"

"It wasn't difficult. I knew exactly how to do it. True, but seeing Jenna's angry face right now is totally worth it!" Jenna storms away, almost growling. Jax sits down at my computer and starts clicking on files.

"Please don't tell me you're going to delete the files again."

"I'd never do something like that to you. I decided to conduct some tests. Did you know that in order to start our computers, we must enter our personal codes?"

"Of course, I'm aware of that."

"Computers keep track of these codes. And can you guess who was the last to enter the code?"

"Jenna?"

"That's correct." My insides are filled with rage as I make my way towards Jenna!

"Would you like something, Yla?"

"You did it, I know!"

"Show me!"

"Are you okay, girls?" Chase's voice caught me off guard. I was so focused on Jenna that I didn't notice him approaching.

"We're just talking about a project, right, Yla?"

"Actually, we were talking about how Jenna deleted all of my files for today's presentation."

"That's a harsh accusation, Jenna; is it true?"

"She's a liar."

"Actually, I have proof: Jax assisted me in determining who last logged into my computer, and it was you, Jenna."

I kept a close eye on Chase, not knowing what to expect from him. He made it clear that my personal relationships had nothing to do with my professional ones. He's my boss here. But I noticed Chase flinching at the mention of Jax's name. He looks at him for a brief moment before turning away. Is Jax making him envious?

"If you want, I can show you; Jax saved the proof." I smile inwardly as Chase's knuckles crack. He's truly envious.

"No, I trust you; Jenna, come with me to my office; you, Elena, and I need to talk about this."

"Do you believe her? What if she isn't telling the truth?"

"So, if I look at the evidence, it will show me you're innocent."

"I-

"I told my office. You're only making your sentence worse right now." Jenna's face falls as she follows Chase with her head lowered.

*******************

I enter Chase's penthouse, but there is no sign of him. Has he come back yet? Or is he still out? I head to the kitchen. Memories of last night flood my head as I stand in the middle of the kitchen. Then I remembered what happened following supper... when I walked into Chase's room.

Yesterday was incredible! Chase makes me feel things I've never felt before. I feel gorgeous, attractive, and desirable. But how come the one who makes me feel this way is the man I should avoid? The elevator doors open, signaling Chase's arrival. To meet him, I go to the living room.

"Hey, roomie! It's great to see you come out to meet me; I didn't think I'd like having a girl around."

"Do you prefer living alone?"

"That's nothing new to me; I've been living alone for years. In any case, I hope you like pizza!"

"Pizza?"

"What do you think about ordering some?"

"Pizza sounds delicious."

"Great, then I'll order it right now." Chase makes a phone call and orders our lunch.

"Pizza will be ready in half an hour; would you like something to drink?" He gestures to the bar, which is stocked with various spirits. Chase walks over to the bar, and I follow.

"I've been meaning to question you about that since I first came here."

"How come you didn't?"

"I guess I got too busy for it."

"Ask me right now."

"How come you have a bar in your living room?"

"Why not? Let's say my pastime is collecting pricey alcoholic beverages."

"Do you just stare at them?"

"Yes, but I only open a bottle on rare occasions."

"Does today mark a significant occasion?"

"You are free to say so."

"Are you sure?"

"I have a lovely neighbor." I chuckle, but my cheeks flush as a result of the compliment.

"Which bottle do you want to open?"

My eyes expand as I peruse through all of the bottles. I know nothing about costly alcohol! I gesture to a random bottle that piques my interest.

"Nice pick, but this bottle is $5,000."

"I have another option!"

"Don't worry, it's not the most costly one here." He pours a glass of wine for me and then takes another bottle for himself.

"What do you drink?"

"It's brandy, and I doubt you'll like it because it's very powerful."

"Is it too strong? Chase gently lifts the glass to his mouth, his gaze never leaving mine.

"Delicious!" Chase's tongue runs along his lower lip, capturing the pricey liquid. My stomach clenches as I imagine his tongue touching my lips.

"Would you like to take a sip?" As he takes another swallow of brandy, his voice is laced with longing.

"Are we still discussing that drink?" I keep my eye on Chase while he takes another gulp of brandy.

"I'd want to give it a shot." Chase extends the drink to me, but I ignore it, closing the gap between us. My tongue darts out to lightly tease his bottom lip.

"However, I believe it tastes better in your mouth."

Chase's mouth parts in surprise or desire, and my mouth collides with his. My tongue enters his mouth and tastes the brandy. The combination of Chase and drink turns my insides out. It has a similar effect on Chase, who lets out a snarl.

"Yla..."

Is he begging me to stop or continue? Chase's hands end up on my hips, and my arms toy with the back of his neck hairs. Our kiss becomes uncontrollable. But then a ring snatches me away from him.

"It's most likely the pizza."

He strides towards the elevator after taking a long breath to calm himself down. Later on, my stomach is full, and I'm a touch tipsy. I was half-lying on the sofa, facing Chase. It feels good to be with him like this-to just sit on the sofa and pretend the outside world doesn't exist. Alcohol makes me feel a little more daring. Or perhaps it's the entire situation. The man in front of me isn't the terrifying CEO, nor is he a handsome stranger in the bar. Chase is just a regular guy, and I'd like to get to know him better. There are so many things I want to ask Chase.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

"I do, but we're not particularly close."

"Do you have a problem with your family?"

"I love my family, but I've been too preoccupied with work recently."

"That seems depressing."

"Thank you for making my life so much better." He attempts to divert the subject. However, I can see the anguish in his eyes. He's lonely, and he despises it. I approach Chase and embrace him. I sigh as I hold Chase tensely in my arms. His arms wrap around me a split second later.

"I had friends and family, and I had a quite regular existence a few years ago. But then I decided to take over the company when Dad was unable to give it all to the company. Work takes precedence over relationships for me. Work is practical; you know exactly what to expect. Relationships, though..."

He was in pain. Pain is audible in his speech and obvious in his eyes. My heart beats faster for the man in front of me. I'm not sure what happened to Chase, but I hope I can make things right. I let go of Chase's hold and placed my hands on his shoulders. My eyes convey messages that words cannot convey.

"I'm not going to talk about it."

"I'm here to listen if you ever need to talk."

"Thank you; you are the best thing that has occurred to me in recent years."

********************

I delicately grasp his shoulders as his words fade. I don't need to hear it to figure out what he was trying to express. The words float between me and Chase in the air. He's frightened of loving me and then losing me. I'm still thinking about Chase when Amie approaches me, beaming with joy.

"Can I assume you spent the night with Drew?"

"We spend nearly every night together, but he proposed making it official yesterday."

"Are you planning a wedding?"

"No, we're in a relationship."

"Congrats."

Elena approaches me and Amie, and my smile soon fades as I shift into job mode.

"I've got a project for you; you'll have to collaborate."

"That sounds like a lot of fun!" Amie said with delight.

"It's not going to be fun; it's a hard project that needs to be completed by next Friday."

"What exactly is the project?"

"Everything is in this folder, and if you have any questions, you know where to find me." Elena walks away, and Amie looks at me.

"I'm confident that you will make a better partner than other girls when we finally start working together."

"I hope so, because we'll be the best team!"

"Let's have a look inside this folder." Amie and I go through the folder, and when I get a text, it's from Chase.

"I have an urgent matter to attend to. I'll be out of town for a week."

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes, it is something I must attend to. You have the keys, right?"

"Don't be concerned about me."

"Please call or text me if you have any questions."

Should I bid him farewell? I'm not sure how our relationship is, but he'll be gone for a week. While sliding inside Chase's office, I tell Amie that I need to make a call. I quietly tap on the door and immediately hear Chase's voice.

"Please come in!" I enter his office and shut the door behind me.

"I wanted to properly say goodbye."

"You're breaking every rule, Yla."

"As far as I know, any intern is permitted to visit your office; it is not against the rules."

"It isn't." As Chase approaches, he pulls a strand of my hair and tucks it behind my ear, sending tingles through my skin where his fingertips touch.

"But when you're in my office, work is the last thing on my mind."

"I was expecting to catch up with you before you left."

"I'm glad you came; I wanted to see you as well." Chase looks at me for a second. We don't say anything before Chase sighs.

"However, I must depart at this time."

"Have a safe journey."

"I appreciate it."

*****************

"I'm exhausted!"

"Only a bit further to go!"

"It's already 9:30 p.m. Everyone is home!"

"You know what? I can finish it all by myself."

"Are you sure you're serious?"

"Of course, go rest."

"Get out of here before I change my mind."

Amie gathers her belongings and storms out of the office like lightning. I finished the project in the next hour. When I'm finished, I walk by Chase's office and hear some voices. I approach his door on tiptoe and lean in to listen.

"If the media learns about this, the firm will be annihilated!" Chase here! When did he return? But he sounds dissatisfied. Didn't his company do well? What exactly is going on there?

"I realize it's my responsibility, but there's nothing I can do about it right now."

He's clearly unhappy over something!

"Let's not bring Yla into this."

I was so astonished that I didn't notice when my purse fell to the ground with a loud bang and all my staff fell out. He couldn't have known I was listening in! However, it is too late. As I wait for Chase, I see the doorknob turn slowly, and my heart stops beating. My pulse beats faster when I glimpse the familiar face. He's more attractive than I remembered.

"Yla?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3M 192K 40
"He'd pay me two grand a month to sleep with me?" "No. He'd pay you two grand a 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬." ... Maggie is a college student working as a stripper in L...
158K 3.8K 28
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‚π„πŽ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π‡πˆπ’ π„π’π‚πŽπ‘π“ ❝I'm going to learn every inch of your skin❞ ❦︎❦︎❦︎ When you are given the...
598K 23.1K 30
Summer Worthington doesn't hate her corporate job, per se. It's her god-awful boss, Mr. Griffin - or, as her roommates like to call him, Mr. Grouchy...
277K 7.7K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...