The Butterfly and the Shadow...

By keishirogane08

The Demon Slayer Corps, a military organization whose sole purpose is to battle demons led by the King of Dem... More

Character Background
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
OC Breathing Style Information
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Hashiras thoughts about the OC and OC's thoughts about the Hashira
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Valentine Chapter (Modern Era AU)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Optional Chapter (R-18)
Chapter 44

Chapter 9

5.1K 140 89
By keishirogane08

Inei's POV. Ubuyashiki Estate.

The next day, after the Mt. Natagumo Incident.

Tanjiro and Nezuko were brought to the headquarters.

I took the responsibility of watching them, as I insisted that I have the authority, given by Kagaya-sama to look over the Kamado Siblings.

Tanjiro, who was asleep, was forced to be tied.........

As for Nezuko, she stayed inside the box that Tanjiro was carrying on his back.

Inei: So that's the purpose of the box.

The Kakushi were being rough with Tanjiro but I stopped them and I was the one who brought Tanjiro to the Ubuyashiki Estate myself.

The Hashira are also present because of the news about Tanjiro and Nezuko.

I slowly lay the sleeping Tanjiro gently to the groud, as the other Hashira, are looking at with mixed emotions.

Kyojuro: Saito-san, is this the demon slayer who was travelling with a demon!?

Inei: No need to ask me. Your answer is the question itself.

Kyojuro: Wha-

Mitsuri: Um, Saito-san, I think it's kinda rude when you-

Inei: Mitsuri, don't take me for a fool. I can definitely read your true emotions.

Inei: Either directly or indirectly.

Inei: You will never fool my senses.

Tengen: You began talking to us, Saito.

Tengen: You may not be flamboyant, but the way you deal things are on a different kind of flamboyant.

Inei: Tengen-san, as a former shinobi like you, and me, as a former assassin, we were taught to never gather attention to ourselves.

Inei: But since you are what you say as flamboyant, I have nothing against that.

Muichiro, the Mist Hashira, being a air head as ever, not even care in the world.

Then, Iguro Obanai, the Snake Hashira, who was sitting on a tree branch.......

Obanai: Oi, Saito......you had the audacity to show your face here after two years to bring this traitor?

Inei: Shut your damn mouth, snake man.

Obanai: What was that, bastard? You wanna fi-

I immediately threw my wakizashi, I intentionally missed the target.......just a few inches in cutting the branch he's sitting in.

Inei: Oh, I can take you bastard anytime.

Inei: You are just lucky that I am still holding back in our last sparring session.

I stood up, and on this rare sight, I let out my murderous aura towards my fellow Hashira.

----------------

3rd POV.

Gyomei: !?

Tengen: !?

Mitsuri: *trembling*

Obanai: *almost falls from the branch due to shock*

Giyu: *keeps a stoic face but he knows that his fellows shouldn't ticked Inei off*

Muichiro: !?

Even though Muichiro doesn't even have a care in the world, he also felt Inei's murderous aura, and he still fears the moment where Inei flawlessly defeated him with just one strike.

Shinobu: .......!?

Kyojuro: !?

Shinobu: Inei-kun, are you really that dedicated in protecting those siblings?

With just a glance, Inei managed to quiet the other Hashira down.

Besides from Kagaya, he is the one of the people who somehow, has an authority over the other Hashiras.

Not because of Inei's natural talent, not because of his strength, not because he is close to the Master, but because among the Hashiras, he's the one who was always on duty.

Even during his travels, he would still receive orders from the headquarters to eliminate demons on each town that he will pass by.

Not to mention, the amount of respect that he had earned. After all, among the Hashiras, he is the one who managed to wipe out the previous generation of the Lower Moons of the Twelve Kizuki.

And at a young age as well, he managed to corner three of the Upper Moon Ranks One, Two, and Three.

That's why, the respect that he garnered.......is undeniable......

The feats Inei accomplished, became the primary goal of the current generation of the Hashiras.

Gyomei: Saito-san, I thought you are always the reasonable one. What happened to you?

Inei: I am being reasonable here, Gyomei-san.

Inei: I'm just letting these dumbheads know that they should use their heads during this time.

Mitsuri: Saito-san is so cool! Even though he is angry! He's still so cool!

Mitsuri: It's also been two years since I last saw him! His hair became longer! Also, he became so handsome-

Shinobu: *jealously aura*

Mitsuri: !?

Mitsuri: Ah, that's right........Shinobu-chan is in love with Saito-san.

Mitsuri: *sigh*

Mitsuri: Saito-san is my ideal husband. After all, he's much more stronger than me!

Mitsuri: But, the way he is protecting those siblings......

Mitsuri: Ah, though Saito-san is not related to them by blood, what a wonderful sibling love.

Giyu: Now they just went ahead and made him mad.

Giyu: You know how it goes when he's mad, right?

Giyu: *sigh*

Obanai: That bastard...........

Obanai: I hate to admit it but, he can totally kill me if he wanted to. The way he threw his crimson nichirin wakizashi just now........

Obanai: If he did actually aimed for my head, I'll be dead!

Obanai: No wonder why the other hashiras are saying not to mess with him. I hate to admit it but, this guy, really is the strongest Demon Slayer of the Taisho Era.

Obanai: Oyakata-sama even said that Saito is one of the key figures in defeating Muzan.

Obanai: The Child of Prophecy.

Gyomei: This is the very first time that I saw him flew into rage like this.

Gyomei: He is usually calm but Oyakata-sama said this once.......

Gyomei: "Inei may have that emotionless state, but deep inside, his heart already suffered too much."

Gyomei: Not knowing who his true parents, his adoptive family was killed right in front of his eyes, being an assassin and staining his hands with blood of both humans and demons, in a very young age.........

Gyomei: Oyakata-sama, is this what you meant by, "Inei will show his true self, will come out of the shadows, whenever the people he cares about, are in great peril."

Shinobu: Inei-kun...........

Kyojuro: His anger is not of a destructive fire, but a fire that burns bright like the Sun...........

Kyojuro: His anger is not impulsive, but it is with reason and dignity.

---------------

Back to Inei.

Inei: If you dipshits wouldn't even listen to reason, then.........

I drew my Nichirin Blade, finally showing it's crimson color, which even shocked the other Hashiras.

Inei: Now............

Inei: If all of you, except for Tomioka-san, disagrees with me, then.........come and get me.

Inei: Let our blades do the talking.

Shinobu: I-Inei-kun, we can still talk this through, right?

Inei: If all of you dumb idiots will listen to Tanjiro's story.

I know Tanjiro has woken up, due to the commotion that I caused.

Inei: Sorry, Tanjiro. It looks like I made things harder for you.

Tanjiro: I-Inei-oniisan, who are these people, and why do you have your sword in hand?

I sheathed my sword, and I quickly get my wakizashi to which him and the hashira present are baffled on how am I doing such things.

Inei: Tanjiro, sit up.

He did what I said, and I gave him a gourd filled with water.

Inei: Here, drink up. Your throat is dry.

Tanjiro: T-Thanks.......

After Tanjiro managed to clear his throat.......as he gave back the gourd.

Tanjiro: Thank you, Inei-oniisan.

Shinobu: Well then, Tanjiro Kamado.

Shinobu: Why are you travelling with a demon? I know Inei-kun told me the story but I want to hear it from yourself.

The other hashira was in total disbelief and all attention went back to me.

I

nei: *sigh*

Inei: I guess I must begin with the story of my mission.

Inei: Though, I wanted to tell this story, once Kagaya-sama arrived, so that everyone will hear.

Obanai: Tch.

Inei: So, let me explain Tanjiro and Nezuko's background.

Inei: As you all know, Tanjiro is one of our newest demon slayers.

Inei: And his younger sister, who was turned into a demon, was Nezuko Kamado.

Inei: Then, Tanjiro, tell then what happened.

Tanjiro: When I was away to sell charcoal on a nearby village, when I came back the next day, I found my family dead and I immediately knew it was a demon.

Tanjiro: My sister was turned into a demon, but she never devoured any humans.

Tanjiro: She never has......and never will.

Inei: With Nezuko's mental resistance from her demon urges is actually holding it back?

Tanjiro: Yes, and I know she'll never hurt humans no matter what!

Obanai: Spare us your absurd ravings. If she's family, it's obvious that you'll defend her.

Inei: Yes, that may be the case.

Hashiras: !?

Tanjiro: Huh?

Inei: But there is more to it.

Inei: After all, I saw it.......

Inei: When I arrived to save Tanjiro and Nezuko from Lower Rank Five.........

Inei: The smell of fire........

Inei: Mixed with the smell of Nezuko's blood........

Inei: Then, the burns on Lower Rank Five's kimono........

Inei: I knew that it came from Nezuko, she defended her brother from that attack.

Inei: Am I right, Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: Yes.

Obanai: That's too high for a tale, Saito! Tch, I know that Himejima-san's tale about you is nothing more than a fairytale, but-

Inei: Just shut up for a while, Iguro.

Inei: Or else I wouldn't hesitate to puncture your dumb head with my sword.

Obanai: !?

Inei: ..............

Inei: I know everyone of you here had doubts for Tanjiro's story.

Inei: I admit, I myself never knew the whole story.

Inei: But I know this for certain.......

Inei: Tanjiro is an honest kid.

Inei: Never in his life, he would utter a single lie.

Inei: That's how kind Tanjiro is.

Inei: And not just him, but his whole family as well.

Gyomei: Still, she was possessed by a demon. Let us kill the poor child so she could be liberated.

Tanjiro: Please listen to me! I became a demon slayer so that I could find a cure for Nezuko!

Tanjiro: It's been two years since Nezuko became a demon.

Tanjiro: And all that time, she never devoured any single human!

Tengen: Your story's just going around and around in the most drab way possible, idiot.

Tengen: The fact that she hasn't eaten anyone, will prove that she won't eat humans do that from now on.

Inei: Then you want us to prove it infront of the Hashiras here.

Tengen: And with maximum flaymboyance!

Inei: *sigh*

Inei: My apologies, Tanjiro. The Hashira can be.........quite a pain in the neck.

There was silence, besides from Muichiro's random questions...........

Until the silence was broken by Mitsuri-san.

Mitsuri: Excuse me?

Mitsuri: I still have my doubts........

Kyojuro: ..........

Tengen: ..............

Mitsuri: ............

Mitsuri: Saito-san, you said this yourself right?

Mitsuri: "If there is something that is on the gray area of rules in the Demon Slayer Corps, we must let Oyakata-sama know in order to have a fair judgement."

Inei: Yes. Back when the other previous Hashiras are still present.

Inei: But you know, since I am mostly away from my long term missions which required travelling in long journeys.........

Inei: This is going to be my first time as a Hashira, to attend a trial for a demon slayer.

Inei: And you know it well, I will be on Tanjiro's defense.

Tanjiro: Inei-oniisan.

Inei: So, I agree with Mitsuri here. We must wait for Kagaya-sama in order to settle this.

Tanjiro: My sister.......will fight with me as a Demon Slayer!

Tanjiro: She can fight as a Demon Slayer to protect humans!

Tanjiro: So please........!

Inei: Shinazugawa, whatever the crap that you're going to pull here........

Inei: If you will do it, then I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you.

Sanemi: Well, well, well. Looks like the Shadow is present today.

I looked at the man with white hair and with scars all over his body, and with him, he is carrying the box on which Nezuko is staying during the daylight.

Tanjiro: ........!

Sanemi: And what is this? Saito is defending the moron Demon Slayer was travelling with a demon?

Sanemi: What the hell are you trying to pull here?

A Kakushi arrived.

Kakushi: That won't do, Shinazugawa-sama! Please, would you mind putting down that box?

Inei: Your pleas will fall on the deaf ears of this idiot.

Inei: Shinazugawa-san, put down that box.

Inei: Or else-

I prepared to draw my blade but Shinobu stood up.

Shinobu: Shinazugawa-san, please don't act out of the line. No wonder why Inei-kun doesn't always agree with you.

Sanemi: What did you say about that demon, kid?

Sanemi: That she can fight as a Demon Slayer to protect humans?

Sanemi: You know what we call that?

Shinazugawa readies his sword with the intention to stab Nezuko.

Inei: !?

I quickly interfered and took the box from Shinazugawa before he could do any harm to Nezuko.

Inei: Shinazugawa-san...........didn't you hear what Shinobu said just now?

Inei: You acted out of line.

Sanemi: You bastard.........

Inei: ...........

Inei: Your rage and murderous intent is all over the place..........it makes me easier for me to read your intentions and your next move.

Sanemi: Tch........

Tanjiro stood up.........and got angry from the Wind Hashira's attempt to harm Nezuko.

Tanjiro: Anyone who harms my sister.........Hashira or not, I won't let you get away with it!

Tanjiro rushes to Shinazugawa as he counters it with a slash from his blade......

But Tanjiro dodged it by jumping in the air.........

Giyu: Stop it! Oyakata-sama will be arriving soon!

Inei: He's right! Kagaya-sama will arrive in a few minutes. I can clearly detect his presence.

However, Tanjiro still managed to headbutt Shinazugawa on which the hashira was knocked down.

Mitsuri: Pfft! I'm sorry.

Kyojuro: ........?

Tengen: ........

Muichiro: .........

Giyu: ..........

Gyomei: ..........

Shinobu: ..........

Obanai: ..........

Sanemi stands up, as Tanjiro faces him.

Sanemi: Damn you......

Inei: Tanjiro, Shinazugawa-san, that's enough!

Tanjiro: If you can't tell the difference between good demons and bad, you should just quit on being a Hashira.

Inei: Tanjiro.......

Sanemi: You little.......

Despite bleeding blood from his nose, he picked up his sword, stood up and plans on killing Tanjiro.

But I stood between them, with the box now on Tanjiro's back.

Tanjiro: !?

Inei: That's enough.

Inei: Kagaya-sama has arrived.

And as if on cue............

The eldest twin daughters of Kagaya-sama, Hinaki and Nichika, announced their father's arrival.

Hinaki & Nichika: The Master.......

Hinaki & Nichika: .......has arrived.

Inei: ...........

Inei: Right on time, as expected of Kagaya-sama.

With all eyes of the announcement, a man, wearing a black kimono, with a white haori with flame patterns on it's lower part........

A man with black hair that is cut into a bob cut, his eyes being blinded due to his disease, as evident on the purple discoloration on the upper part of his face.

I looked through the transparent world and............

Inei: Despite his disease, Kagaya-sama is still going strong..........

Inei: Gyomei-san and I knew the history of the Ubuyashiki Family. About their curse.

Kagaya-sama, assisted by his two daughters, helped him walked forward and with his actions, all the Hashira present, all bowed down to him, with one knee on the ground, all of them silent, showing respect to the Master.

With me in particular, also bowing down to the man, who offered me a chance of saving thousands of people.

Kagaya: So, you all came. My beloved children.

His special voice that allowed others to be at peace.........

Speaking in a voice that everyone just wanted to hear.

Besides from the special voices of the members of the Ubuyashiki Family, they also possessed another special ability, the power of Foresight.

I snap back from reality, and Tanjiro was still at awe.

I whispered to Tanjiro, which is enough for him to hear.

Inei: Tanjiro, that man, is the Master, the Leader of the Demon Slayer Corps, Kagaya Ubuyashiki.

And just like that, Tanjiro also bowed to our respected leader.

Kagaya: Good morning, everyone.The weather is amazingly good today. I wonder if the sky is blue.

Kagaya: It pleases me that everyone made it to our semiannual Hashira meeting. With no personnel changes.

Inei: Though his health is totally detoriorating, Kagaya-sama is still actively performing his duties.

Inei: Kagaya-sama, I am pleased to see you in good health. May the blessings of Amaterasu-sama will continue to shine upon you and your family.

Kagaya: Thank you, Inei.

I noticed Shinazugawa and Mitsuri being somehow frustrated for beating them to greet the Master.

Sanemi: If I may, Oyakata-sama.......

Sanemi: Before we start the Hashira meeting, would you mind to enlighten us about this swordsman, Tanjiro Kamado, accompanying a demon.

Kagaya: Right. Like Inei said earlier, the circumstances of Tanjiro and Nezuko, is connected to the mission that I entrusted upon Inei.

Kagaya: I would like to apologize for startling you. I would also like to apologize for Inei, if I had specifically pinpointed the family you were supposed to protect years ago.......

Kagaya: This thing wouldn't happen......

I knew about their ability of Foresight, it is always based on their intuition and those intuition are sometimes vagues.......but nonetheless.........

Inei: You don't have to apologize to me, Kagaya-sama. You guided me, it is my own fault that the Kamado Family was massacred.

Inei: And now, I'll have the chance to redeem myself from my failure.

Kagaya: I knew you would always say that, Inei.

Kagaya: You did your best, and your true mission, had barely begun.

Inei: My true mission?

Kagaya: Yes.

Kagaya: Tanjiro and Nezuko is also connected to your true mission.

Kagaya: Regarding about Tanjiro and Nezuko..........I've already sanctioned their situation.

Kagaya: And I'd like you all to accept it.

Inei: ..........

Silence once fell among the Hashiras.......and as expected, most of them, opposed and didn't accept Kagaya-sama's decision.

Gyomei: Even if it is what you desire, Oyakata-sama, I cannot agree to it.

Tengen: I'm flamboyantly opposed, as well! A Demon Slayer travelling with a demon is unacceptable!

Mitsuri: I shall do whatever it is you wish, Oyakata-sama!

Inei: Thank you, Mitsuri!

Muichiro: I'm fine either way.......since I'm going to forget it anyway.

Inei: As expected of this listless kid.

Shinobu and Tomioka remained silent. But I know for a fact that Giyu will abide by Kagaya-sama's decision, he was the one who first knew of Tanjiro's story.

Obanai: I won't trust them. I won't trust them. In the first place, I loath demons.

Kyojuro: Although I respect you with all my heart, that's an incomprehensible notion, Oyakata-sama!

Kyojuro: I oppose it with everything I've got!

Sanemi: The Demon Slayer Corps' mission is to annihilate demons. I request that you both penalize Kamado, Tomioka, and Saito!

After hearing the thoughts of the Hashira, Kagaya-sama asked Hinaki to read the letter.

Kagaya: The letter.

Hinaki: Yes, Oyakata-sama.

Kagaya: Inei, your story as well.

Inei: Yes, Kagaya-sama.

Hinaki unfolded the letter and read the abridge version of it, and the letter, is from the former Water Hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki.

Hinaki: "Please allow Tanjiro to be accompanied by his sister, a demon. Because of her resilient strength, Nezuko has not lost her human emotions."

Hinaki: "Even in a starved state, she never devoured humans, and this has held true more than two years later."

Hinaki: "Although the situation seems somewhat far-fetched, it is an indisputable fact."

Hinaki: "In the event that Nezuko does assault a human, Tanjiro Kamado, as well as......Sakonji Urokodaki, and Giyu Tomioka will atone by committing seppuku."

Hinaki folds the letter and I saw Tanjiro crying with tears.

And I also told them my notion.

Inei: Kagaya-sama, I am also willing to commit seppuku, if Nezuko does assault a human.

Tanjiro: Inei-oniisan........

Inei: It's all right, Tanjiro.

Inei: I promised to myself, that I will protect you and Nezuko, no matter what.

Inei: Even if my life is the cost.

Sanemi: So, what if they commit seppuku. If you want to die then rot in hell for all I care-

Inei: Shut up you hot headed bastard!

Obanai: You-

Inei: Kagaya-sama, I know that most of the Hashira here would object to your wish.

Inei: I understand that because of our task as Demon Slayers.

Inei: That's why..........

I stood up, took the box where Nezuko was in..........

Inei: I'll take the risk, to prove Nezuko's innocence.

Tanjiro: Inei-oniisan!

Shinobu: !?

Kagaya: Inei.........

Inei: Please, forgive this discourtesy towards you........

I gently brought the box to the shade, opened it.....and there revealed to be none other than Nezuko, who has a bamboo muffler.

Nezuko: ..........!

She flinched but then her expression changed to a happy one.

Inei: It's been a long time, Nezuko. You really sure grew up.

Inei: Also..........

Inei: Forgive me, for what I'm about to do.

I gently drew my wakizashi, stepped back........

And I cut my hand.........with my short sword......letting my blood drip........

Inei: Also, let me tell you this, I am also a marechi like Shinazugawa-san here.

Inei: I just knew it, when I used my own blood as bait to lure a demon during my mission.

I then wounded my left arm to let my blood come out and exposed it in front of Nezuko.........

The Hashira and Tanjiro are watching, along with Kagaya-sama and his eldest daughters............

Then, when I was about to inflict my third wound, which is to my own dominant hand..........

Inei: !?

Hashira: !?

All of a sudden.........Nezuko stopped my left arm on which I'm holding my wakizashi.........

Nezuko: >_<

With her stopping my arm and shaking her head repeatedly.............

Inei: Nezuko.............

Inei: You..........

Tanjiro: Inei-oniisan..........

Tanjiro: It seems like, Nezuko recognized you........

Tanjiro: That gesture.......

Tanjiro: Nezuko doesn't want you to get hurt........

Tanjiro: You always got yourself in accidents when you were helping us in collecting wood for charcoal.......

Tanjiro: Or when you would always come back wounded when you fall from the steepest part of the mountain.......

Tanjiro: Where Nezuko and Takeo are the ones always tending to your wounds...........

Inei: ..............

Inei: I know...........

Inei: I never forgot that...........

Inei: And even Nezuko.........

Inei: She didn't............attacked me..........

Inei: Instead, she even stopped me from inflicting self-harm.........

Inei: Just like how she and Takeo would always complain patching up my wounds.........

Tears just flowed in my eyes..........

Inei: ...........

Inei: *sniff*

Inei: Thank you, Nezuko..........

Then, Nezuko just hugged me all of a sudden........and as she is doing that.......

I faced Kagaya-sama and the Hashira.

Inei: Kagaya-sama, Nezuko prevented me from inflicting self-harm.

Inei: This is her gesture of showing her protection towards me.

Inei: After all, I lived with the Kamado Family in the mountain for a couple of years.

Inei: Tanjiro, and the rest of his five younger siblings, saw me as a elder brother figure........

Inei: Amd thus, Nezuko, even in her demonic state.......

Inei: Still remembered me as family........

Inei: We can't prove that she won't attack humans. We also can't prove that she will attack humans.

Inei: But as you can see, she stopped me, a person with rare blood........

Inei: Stopped by a demon from harming myself.......

Inei: So............

Inei: Kagaya-sama, my fellow Hashira, I know you may never accept Nezuko but please...........

Inei: ...........

Inei: I saw how she saved Tanjiro's life back at the Natagumo Mountains........

Inei: And Tomioka-san's testimony, of Nezuko protecting Tanjiro on their first encounter.

This even shocked the other Hashira besides Tomioka-san.

Inei: Also, my fellow Hashira, even if you followed what I did just now, I'm sure, Nezuko would turn away at the smell and sight of blood.......

Inei: Heck, even to my own marechi blood, which is said to be a demon's favorite and can even intoxicate them..........

Kagaya: Also, my beloved children, there is something that I must tell you about Tanjiro and Inei.

The Hashira then turned their attention to Kagaya-sama as he broke the news.

Kagaya: Tanjiro here has met Kibutsuji.

Hashira: !?

Inei: ...........

Tengen: No way, impossible!

Tengen: Even when no Hashira has crossed paths-

Kagaya: And Inei also encountered Kibutsuji.

Hashira: What!?

The Hashira and Tanjiro turned to me..........

Inei: ..........

Inei: Wait a minute, okay?

I turned to Nezuko.......and pat her head.

Inei: Nezuko, can you sleep for a while, Inei-oniichan needs to have a talk with someone.

Nezuko lets go of me as she nods.

Nezuko: Mmhm!

Then she pointed at my wounds and she shakes her head.

Nezuko: Hmp! Hmp!

Inei: A-All right, all right! I'll patch myself up. Don't worry, just go back to your box.

And she did. After that, I took some bandages and patched my wounds as I tell Tanjiro's and my encounter with Muzan.

Inei: Let's start with Tanjiro's encounter.

Inei: According to Tanjiro's account, he encountered Muzan back at Asakusa, Tokyo.......

Inei: Right, Tanjiro?

Tanjiro: Yes. He was posing as a father to a family.

Kagaya: Just as expected, Muzan has been giving us a lot of diversion.

Inei: And with Tanjiro's sense of smell, he was able to determine that Muzan was the culprit behind, his family's massacre.

Shinobu: What about you, Inei-kun. You are the first Hashira to have ever encountered him.

Inei: I decided to keep this encounter a secret two years when I came back from my long term mission.

Then, I told them the objective of my long term mission, and my years of staying with the Kamado Family, and then my return to their household, discovering what happened........

Inei: And then, just when I was on my way here..........

Inei: I met the King of Demons himself.

Hashiras: !?

Tengen: What!? You and this kid?

He looks back at me and Tanjiro. But I wanted confirmation from Tanjiro himself.

Inei: Tanjiro, when you met Muzan at Asakusa........

Inei: Muzan's appearance was a tall man, with pale skin, plum colored eyes with it's slit pupils that resembles a cat or a snake, curly black hair, and wearing black western clothing with a white fedora hat........

Inei: Did I hit the nail in the head?

Tanjiro: Yes! That's him! I determined it through my sense of smell, the smell of blood with on his hands......

Tengen: Oi, Inei! What were his abilities?

Inei: .............

Inei: I was debating with myself if I should tell you what I knew about Muzan.........

Inei: But if I tell you this.........

Inei: There is a chance that you'd find my story unbelievable.

Kagaya: It's all right. Tell them everything that you know.

Kagaya: Also, before that, I guess I should also relay this fact to your fellow Hashira.

Kagaya: Inei, the Shadow Hashira, managed to corner Muzan Kibutsuji himself during their encounter two years ago.

The Hashira and even Tanjiro was shocked.........

Tengen: What!?

Muichiro: From Saito-san's skills, I guess we kinda expected it......but to think he actually did it.

Inei: I did cornered Muzan..........

Inei: I was about to finish him off, not until the Upper Moons Rank One, Two, and Three intervened.

Mitsuri: The what!?

Gyomei: You also cornered them before, right?

Inei: And every time I cornered them, they would just run away.........

Inei: When they knew they never had the chance to defeat me, they'll run away.........

Inei: And now, with Muzan, I think the Upper Moon Ranks One to Three immediately knew what was going on and interfered with my executioner's strike.

Inei: And about Muzan's abilities..........

Inei: He had twelve vital organs........

Inei: And striking those vitals, are the key on defeating Muzan.

Inei: And I just discovered.........

Inei: My swordsmanship can work........

Inei: And also.........

Inei: I found a technique on which I will call it as, "The Anti-Muzan Swordsmanship."

Kyojuro: Saito, what do you mean?

Inei: It is a swordsmanship that I somehow discovered by pure coincidence.

Inei: Though my own Shadow Breathing worked against Muzan.......

Inei: But I know for a fact that Muzan will never show his face to me again due to what I did.

Sanemi: So you let him get away!?

Inei: I almost had him, but that's the thing..........

Inei: Because of his cowardly nature, fighting him head on will the least effective method.

Inei: We got to think strategically on how are we going to kill him.

Inei: Not to mention, the Upper Moons........

Inei: They got in my way when I was about to execute Muzan. Because they know, once I executed Muzan, they will also die.

Inei: Also, now that I know about what happened with Nezuko, I'm glad that I didn't...........

Obanai: Cut the crap, Saito! You still failed!

Kagaya: And if he still pressed on to his mission, fought the Demon King and Upper Ranks One, Two, and Three, our strongest Hashira will be gone.

Hashira: !?

Inei: That's true. I also somehow survived barely. I can prolong the battle, but the problem is, there was also a snowstorm when I faced Muzan.

Inei: The clouds blocking out the sun.......

Inei: I am also human, I can prolong the fight, but I knew for a fact that I won't be able to fight forever........

Inei: You didn't even think what I had to go through that mission..........

Inei: Facing the King of Demons on that day was at the very back of my mind during that time........

Inei: But I know........that I have the objective to kill him.

Inei: But as of now.........

Inei: Muzan can be dealt later.

Kagaya: Inei is right.

Kagaya: With Inei, instilling fear within Muzan, we're in a huge advantage.

Kagaya: Not to mention, Muzan doesn't have any idea that Inei is one of the Hashira.

Kagaya: When he annihilated the Lower Moons of the Twelve Kizuki, they never had the chance to unravel his true identity.

Kagaya: Inei just assassinated them in order to end their rampage.

Kagaya: Like a shadow that fades in the darkness of the night.

Kagaya: But then, Kibutsuji had sent pursuers after Tanjiro.

Kagaya: Though his purpose may be to silence him, now that Kibutsuji's given himself away, not to mention, one of our Hashira managed to corner him, I do not want to let go of this chance.

Kagaya: I also believe that was is happening with Nezuko, is something Kibutsuji never saw coming.

Kagaya: Can you try to understand?

The Hashira fell silent, as I managed to create sound arguments about the situation of the Kamado Siblings..........

Inei: Kagaya-sama, now that this issue is out of the way, I guess we should let Tanjiro and Nezuko to get some rest.

Kagaya: You're right.

Shinobu raised her hand.

Shinobu: Oyakata-sama, if I may?

She clapped her hands and two Kakushi's arrived at the scene, bowing at the Hahsiras and the Master.

I carried the box on which is Nezuko is inside........and gently gave it to the Kakushi.

Inei: Handle it with care, all right?

Kakushi: Y-Yes, Inei-sama!

Kagaya: Now that it is proven that Nezuko won't attack humans, then you must continue to prove it from now on.

Tanjiro bowed down deeply in respect to Kagaya-sama.

Tanjiro: I will defeat Muzan Kibutsuji, and find a cure to my sister.

Inei: Um, Tanjiro.

Inei: Let's start by eliminating the Twelve Kizuki.

Tanjiro: Ack!

Mitsuri: Pffffft! Pfffffft!

Kagaya: It goes to say that the Hashira of the Demon Slayers have phenomenal skills.......

Kagaya: After training themselves to death, they have defied death, and even one of them became like the Shinigami, and even defeated the Twelve Kizuki.

Tanjiro: The Shinigami?

Shinobu: It's Inei-kun. Did you forget, he's a former assassin. And assassins are known for bringing death to their targets.

Inei: .............

Inei: Tanjiro, the path that you're about to walk, is a dangerous one.......

Inei: But I'll teach you, on how are you going to tread this path.

Kagaya: The Hashira also receive proper treatment and given respect. So, Tanjiro, mind your own manners when you speak.

Tanjiro: Y-Yes, sir.

Kagaya: Sanemi, Obanai, don't torment the younger ones too much.

Kagaya: And also, just what Inei, never lose your rationality in dealing with any matters. Either in slaying demons or such as these scenarios.

Obanai: As you wish.

Sanemi: As you wish.

Kagaya: Tanjiro, we have concluded our business with you.

Inei: Don't worry, Tanjiro. I'll catch up with you and Nezuko.

Tanjiro: A-All right.

Shinobu: Then, Oyakata-sama, please allow Kamado-kun to stay at my house.

Tanjiro: Eh?

Inei: Don't worry, Tanjiro. It will be fine.

The other Kakushi then proceeded to carry Tanjiro, as the other Kakushi who was carrying Nezuko inside the box stepped out and went to the butterfly mansion.

Kagaya: Inei, you've done a good job. As long as Tanjiro and Nezuko are alive, you still fulfilled your mission.

I bowed to Kagaya-sama.

Inei: Thank you, Kagaya-sama.

Soon afterwards, we began our Hashira Meeting.

Kagaya: Just as everyone has reported.

Kagaya: The demons' carnage has increased even further.

Kagaya: However, I received reports from Inei's crow of demonic activity on the towns that he passed by during his long term mission......

Kagaya: And even prevented demonic massacres.

Inei: Due to the increasing population, the demons saw this as a golden age.......

Inei: That's why, we must be vigilant as ever.

Kagaya: Agreed.

Kagaya: We'll have to bolster the ranks of Demon Slayers. What do you all think?

Sanemi: The incident of Mt. Natagumo made it all clear. The caliber of Demon Slayers has nose-dived to unbelievable levels.

Sanemi: Most of them are useless. The trainers must've been blind.

Inei: For that, I agree.

Inei: Well, as someone who was trained to be an assassin, and like Tengen-san who was a former shinobi, we went through hellish training.

Inei: Isn't it we should also increase the intensity of our training regime? To also increase our comrades' competency.

Tengen: The kid earlier sure seemed confient, to the point that the Shadow Hashira is backing him up.

Tengen: Are you planning on making him your Tsugoko?

Inei: Yes. But not the Shadow Breathing.

Tengen: What?

Inei: I found something that is compatible with Tanjiro.

Inei: This is about the Anti-Muzan Swordsmanship.

Tengen: Well, if you're going to teach that swordsmanship to that boy.......then I guess you can see his potential even further.

Tengen: He did land that flamboyant blow on Shinazugawa, after all.

Sanemi: Tch.

Shinobu: So, Inei, just like you said earlier, the increasing human population made this era a golden age for demons.

Shinobu: Also, with large human population, it becomes harder to control and unify them.

Inei: A lot just happened when Emperor Taisho became the Emperor of Japan.

Gyomei: Other than those who've had their loved ones brutally massacred, and joined the Corps, or those of distinguished pedigree who have demons for generations......

Gyomei: To ask anyone to harness as much, or even greater resolve and drive to produce results will be cruel.

Kyojuro: Still, considering that boy ran into the Twelve Kizuki so soon after joining the Corps........

Kyojuro: He may have the power to draw them.

Inei: Probably.

Inei: After all, I learned a secret from Tanjiro's family.

Inei: And that secret could've been connected to why Muzan wants Tanjiro dead.

Inei: I know, the Hashira here is envious of not being able to encounter a member of the Twelve Kizuki.......we must never underestimate our opponent.

Inei: Though the Lower Moons had changed over the centuries, I guess thanks to me wiping them out in the past, that they had to change their ranks once more.........

Kagaya: Inei is right. We must become vigilant more than ever.

Kagaya: But the fact that Lower Five made a drastic move.......probably means that Muzan is nowhere nearby at Mt. Natagumo.

Kagaya: After all, as in the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off.

Kagaya: It's really frustrating.

Kagaya: But those demons are still freely devouring humans, gaining strength and surviving.

Kagaya: For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing we must do.

Kagaya: I believe that among the Hashiras present today, I've assembled the finest unit ever since the First Breathing swordsmen of the Sengoku Era.

Kagaya: And now, Inei, the strongest swordsman of the Taisho Era, finally presented us the opportunity, to defeat our mortal enemy.

Kagaya: Tengen Uzui, Kyojuro Rengoku, Shinobu Kocho, Mitsuri Kanroji, Muichiro Tokito, Gyomei Himejima, Sanemi Shinazugawa, Obanai Iguro, Giyu Tomioka.

Kagaya: Inei Saito.

Kagaya: My children, I look forward for your success.

Kagaya: As for you, Inei.

Kagaya: I'm sure, you will never let your target get away next time.

Inei: Like I said earlier, Kagaya-sama. The next time I see him, I will strike twice.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 1.5K 33
Y/N is one of the last dragon breather that can use each of the five elements in each form. During his journey he meets tanjiro along with zenitsu an...
1K 47 28
Yamato a hybrid between a human and the demon king muzan kibutsuji has joined the demon slayer corps in order to stop him while being hunted by said...
39.4K 689 40
In this story, Tanjiro wasn't able to become a human after the fight against muzan and becomes the new king of demons. Now in the modern era, tanjiro...
816 43 17
The Demon Slayer Corps was an ancient organization whose purpose was to protect humanity from the threat of demons. Once thought to be nothing more t...