Kaider One-Shots

By gingerale_2017

A bunch of one-shots for my favorite ship. Hope you enjoy it! **I don't own most of these characters, they be... More

Say No To This
Eat
Exhausted
Third Wheel
"Now, Kiss"
Tlc Ship Weeks 2021
A Little Longer
The Day Cinder Found 'The' Smile
Morning Haze
All There is to Do is Wait
Only You Can Mend My Heart o' Glass
Toothbrush

Secret Santa

173 2 2
By gingerale_2017

Cinder walked to her car in seemingly below zero weather, cursing Iko for making her wear this thin outfit. Her toes felt frozen in her boots! Iko said that she should look good in front of her crush, which just happens to be Kai (alright Cinder admits it) who was throwing the Christmas party. She really hoped he had a warm house.

The engine struggled to turn on, making sputtering noises as if it was a dolphin. Maybe she should check on that... Tomorrow. Today, she worried if Kai would appreciate her under-price gift.

The car finally came to life, making Cinder laugh in relief. She'll get to the party in time, for sure.

She was late. Ten minutes late, to be exact, but she didn't really care. She wore a thin green dress with leggings underneath (thank the stars), black ankle boots, a scarf, and gloves that provided no warmth. At least no one would see her scars. Oh, and she had bare arms that are covered in goosebumps. This party better be worth it.

She got out of the car and was grateful for the shoveled snow. At least the snow wouldn't melt and then freeze again in her boots. She remembered the first time she came to Kai's house, thinking that it was big. The dorky germaphobe that everyone liked was rich, no surprise. Now she was used to it, after having been here too much.

There were too many cars in the driveway and the curb. Kai didn't like crowds and he said it wouldn't be that many people. She wondered what happened. After walking up the front porch, and touching the cool icicle on the railing, Cinder knocked on the door, not expecting to see Kai's smiling face immediately after and 'Last Christmas' playing through the speaker.

"Cinder," he cried, excitement rolling off of him in waves. It made her blush, "You're here. I have been waiting for you!"

He hugged her, making her blush more. She hoped her already flushed face from the cold hid her visual feelings for him, "You're so warm."

"Oh. Sorry," he let go of her but she immediately hugged him again.

"No, I'm freezing, please warm me up."

"O-ok," They stood, hugging, on the front porch for a little bit before Cinder realized that they were hugging on the front porch.

She let go of him, regretfully, "Let's go inside."

The house was warm, as she hoped. She still wished for a jacket though, "Why aren't you wearing any layers?" Kai asked.

"Iko convinced me not to."

"Really? How?"

By telling her that Kai would probably kiss her in that, "By telling me that it was fifty degrees Fahrenheit tonight and that U could take it."

"It's twenty-eight, below freezing point," he turned sharply to a closet and pulled out a thick coat, "Here put this on."

"Oh it's ok, I'll warm up" Kai put the coat around her shoulders, "Thank you."

He smiled, "Your welcome. And when you're all warmed up, you can just give it to me," he hesitated, "You look very pretty."

Cinder felt her heart speed up, "There's a lot of people here," she said, changing the conversation.

"Oh, I did not invite them all, certainly, but rumor got out that I was having a 'party' and everyone decide to come," he shrugged sheepishly, "You were the first one I invited."

"I feel honored."

"You should," they walked together, maneuvering around people, to the main space where there were even more people.

"Cinder, you made it!" Iko squealed, "The dress looks amazing, but where did you get the coat?"

"I got it from Kai."

"Oh," Iko raised her eyebrows. Cinder shook her rapidly, "I see," her blue-haired friend clapped her hands once, "Well, I'm going to get some more eggnog and leave you guys alone," she winked and left.

"Classic Iko, am I right?" Cinder chuckled.

"Yep. Ooh, we should do Secret Santa soon, that would be fun."

Her eye twitched, "Yep. Fun," except for the fact he might hate my gift, she thought.

"Ok, I'll tell Iko, since she handled that, and be right back," he left in the direction Iko went.

"So are you going to confess to him today?" a voice said directly behind her.

She jumped and turned around. Jacin stood drinking a cup of eggnog and leaning on the wall, "No. And don't do that, you scared me," Cinder turned around again.

"You should. It's very obvious you like each other."

"You think he likes me?" she turned around a third time.

"Yes. Like I said it's obvious," he got up and sighed, "But I don't feel like getting into relationships today."

"Oh. I don't think he likes me. Because he never drops any hints or picks up on any of mine. I'm stuck in the friend zone-"

Jacin suddenly grabbed her by the shoulders, "You like him. He likes you. Just go ask him out and he'll glow like Rudolph," he walked away as nothing happened.

"Someone spiked the eggnog," Kai said, appearing behind her. She turned around a fourth time, "And I don't know what to do. Like I kind of wanted that to happen, but I don't want to deal with any drunk people."

"We can manage the eggnog, make sure no one gets multiple drinks."

"Yes. You're amazing, Cinder, as always, come with me," he grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen.

He stumbled a couple of times but would then straighten up. She raised an eyebrow, "Did you drink any eggnog?"

"Yes. One cup. That's how I know it's spiked," he paused, "Iko's doing Secret Santa soon."

"Oh, great."

They made it to the eggnog station, "Do you want some?" Kai asked.

"Sure," he smiled and prepared a cup a bit clumsily. It was getting hotter now, Cinder better take the coat off. Someone lifted off her shoulders and let her pull out her arms. They were very gentle and made her smile, "Thank you," Cinder then realized it was Kai who helped her.

"No problem," he put the coat on the eggnog tabled and clutched the drink in his hands, "Did I mention that you looked very beautiful tonight? I mean you look beautiful all the time, it's just- now it's more noticeable."

Cinder was stunned at how he could make her smile without even knowing it was him. And she liked that. But then she processed his next sentence and her face became a shade darker, "Thanks, Kai. I really could say the same about you, because you look amazing in that suit. And you look really good all the time," did she really just say that. Did he really just blush

"Thanks, Cinder," he brushed a stray lock around her ear while his ears blushed pink. Ask him out and he'll glow like Rudolph.

"Kai, I-"

"Hey everyone, it's time. To start. Secret Santa!" Iko yelled from the microphone somewhere, pausing between each word, "and if you like your gift you have to kiss your Secret Santa. It can be I the cheek, hand, whatever. If you don't, still kiss them because it's rude to not accept a gift. Now go. Find. Your. Secret Santa!"

Cinder rapidly drank all her eggnog. Why was she worrying, it's just a gift? She looked at Kai who was bright pink. Maybe he was worrying too.

"Can I tell you something?" Kai murmured, some panic showing in his eyes.

"Yes. Anything."

He twisted his fingers, "I, how do I say this, like the person I got for Secret Santa."

"Like as in easy to gift or like as a person?"

"No, like as in," he paused, "Romance?"

"Oh," Cinder blinked, "Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, you'll probably kiss them, so good for you," those words were a needle to her balloon heart, "I like my person like that too."

Why the fuck did she just say that. It's the eggnog, definitely the eggnog.

"Oh," Kai looked down. He looked disappointed, and for what? He liked someone else so he wouldn't care if she liked him. That someone else should feel very good tonight.

"Go find your person, Kai," she said, pushing him away.

"You do the same," he smiled. Neither of them left. There was no way they got each other for Secret Santa. But Iko was the one who handled it.

"Oh, shit," she said under her breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. I'll go first then," be confident, Cinder. You might screw this up but it's Christmas, "Here you go, Kai. I got you a keychain. It's Spiderman. Remember when we watched that movie at your house and-"

"I screamed when Gwen Stacy fell?" he nodded, "Yeah, wouldn't stop teasing me for that," he grabbed the keychain she had pulled out of her pocket, "Thank you, Cinder."

"Yeah, no problem," it shouldn't take him long to put two and two together.

Kai started to pull something out of his pocket, "Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm your Secret Santa."

"Oh," she blinked, "Oh."

He smiled, "Here," she took the small, silver box that was wrapped in the corners with gold ribbon and a bow in the middle. There was a tag saying 'From: Kai. To: Cinder ♡︎' in really good calligraphy. Maybe she should have wrapped her gift.

She untied the ribbon and opened the box to reveal a necklace with the letter 'C' in the middle, "Kai, it's beautiful. I love it."

"I owe you a kiss."

"What?"

"I liked your gift so I owe you a kiss."

She smiled, "I owe you a kiss too," neither of them moved. They kind of just confessed that they liked each other romantically and just realized it. It was a bit awkward too, "Can you put this on me?"

"Sure," he fumbled with the clasp of the necklace and she turned around, lifting her hair. He then secured the chain and she turned to face Kai once more, "There's a bathroom over there so you can see it in the mirror."

"Okay," she paused, "Do you want to come with?"

His lip twitched, "Sure."

They made their way to the bathroom. Each step Cinder would go over the events of what happened. He likes her. She likes him. Easy as riding a bike, but why did she feel so nervous. Thoughts jumbled up in her head, it must be the eggnog or her subconscious on the wheel.

She opened the door and Kai followed. Cinder inspected the necklace and grew more in awe, "Kai, seriously, this is amazing."

"You like it then."

"Yes, I do."

He shifted on his feet, "Cinder, may I- may I kiss you?"

Her eyes widened. Cinder knew it was going to happen, eventually, but it still felt shocking. She took a step closer and nodded.

He leaned down and wrapped his hands around her. She brought her hands up his chest, shoulders, then placed them comfortably around his neck. He kissed her.

It felt like sparks were coming off of his lips as she deepened the kiss. He pushed her to the counter and dug his hands in her hair. It felt like two puzzle pieces coming together, fitting and looking right. She smiled underneath the kiss. It was finally happening, Cinder could say-

"Stop making out in there, I need to piss!" a voice that sounded eerily like Scarlet's yelled at them.

Kai pulled away, breathless, cheeks bright red, with a smile on his face. Cinder chuckled, "I guess we better leave."

"Wouldn't want to face Scarlet's fury," they laughed. Kai pressed his forehead on hers, "Merry Christmas, Cinder."

"Merry Christmas, Kai."

A/N: I wanted to write a Christmas kaider and I did. I also wrote this in a day so, please have some compassion in your heart. Keep calm and love kaider <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 68 8
"But all that was left was the echo of silence." No love could ever compare to the love Kai Crown felt for Cinder Blackburn. He knew from the moment...
7.3K 115 36
After Stars Above Kai and Cinder's wedding is just around the corner when something nobody saw coming happens. The rampion crew get caught up in a mi...
20.1K 275 24
These are some one-shots from my favorite series Renegades! There will be Nodrian and Osby (or whatever Ruby and Oscar's ship name is). Please feel f...
21.7K 521 15
And now it's time for one of the most pain filled Ships in the Lunar Chronicles, WOLFLET. *The art for the cover was made by the amazing artist Julie...