The Sapphire Witch {Bucky Bar...

By castielsangel67

"Here." I said, scooting over to the bars that separate me from him. I stick my hand with the ball through th... More

Cast
Super Suits
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Author's Note

Chapter Ten

794 14 3
By castielsangel67

Y/n's POV

"Where are we?" I asked, as the three of us walked towards someone's house. "A friend's." Steve answered. Steve knocked on the door and a few seconds later Sam opened the blinds. "Hey, man." he said, opening the door. "I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve said.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." I said. "Not everyone." Sam said, stepping to the side to let us in. The three of us then got cleaned up, and changed. "Hey. I made breakfast." Sam said, as I walked into the kitchen. "Good. I'm starving." I smiled. "Help yourself. I'm gonna go get the others." Sam said, walking to his bedroom where Steve and Natasha were talking.

We were all in the kitchen done with breakfast. "So, the question is, who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Natasha asked. "Pierce." Steve and I said. "Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Nat said. "But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve said. "So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat said, crossing her arms.

"So, the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" I asked. "The answer is, you don't." Sam said, placing a file on the table in front of Steve.

"What's this?" Steve asked. "Call it a resume." Sam said. "Nat grabbed the photo on top as Steve and I stood up. "Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" She asked, looking up at Sam. "You didn't say he was a pararescue." Nat said, as I grabbed the photo from her.

"Is this Riley?" Steve and I asked, looking at the photo of Sam and another man. "Yeah." Sam nodded. "I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because the RPGs. What did you use? A stealth chute?" Nat asked.

"No. These." Sam said, handing the file to Steve. "I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve stated, after looking at the file for a few seconds. "I never said pilot." Sam smirked. "I can't ask you to do this, Sam. you got out for a good reason." Steve said.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam said. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked, motioning to the file. "The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Sam said. Steve looked over at me and Nat. We both shrugged our shoulders. "Shouldn't be a problem." Steve said, placing the file on the table.

***

Sam called Agent Sitwell While Steve, Natasha and I waited in front of a building. Once Sam and Sitwell made it to the building we took Sitwell to the roof, while Sam went to get whatever was in the file Steve looked at. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve, after he kicked Sitwell out of the door, and onto the roof.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell said, putting his glasses back on, since they fell off when he was kicked. "What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked, as we walked towards Sitwell, causing him to walk backwards.

"I was throwing up. I get seasick." Sitwell said. He continued to walk backwards until he hit the ledge that was the end of the roof. Steve grabbed him to stop him from falling. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers." Sitwell said.

"You're right. It's not." Steve said, letting go of Sitwell, and straightening out his suit jacket. "It's hers." he said, moving out of the way. Natasha then kicked Sitwell off the roof. "Oh, wait. What about that girl from Accounting, Laura..." "Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" Steve asked, cutting Natasha off. "Yeah, she's cute." Nat said. "Yeah, I'm not ready for that." Steve said, causing me to laugh. "Will you ever be ready?" I asked. "Nope." He shrugged.

Then Sam flew up to the roof carrying a screaming Sitwell. The three of us walked over to Sitwell. "Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing Insight's targets." Sitwell said, in fear. "What targets?" Steve asked.

"You! A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to Hydra. Now, or in the future." Sitwell said. "The future? How could it know?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, earning a laugh from Sitwell.

"How could it not?" he asked, standing up. "The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught Hydra how to read it. Your bank records, medical history, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." he finished. "And what then?'' Steve asked.

"Oh, my god. Pierce is gonna kill me." Sitwell mumbled. "What then?" Steve asked again, as Sam grabbed onto the back of Sitwell's jacket. "Then the Insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." Sitwell said.

***

We are now in Sam's car, along with Sitwell, driving on the interstate. Sam's driving, Steve's in the passenger seat, Natasha's behind Steve, Sitwell's behind Sam, which leaves me in the middle. A.K.A. the worse seat. "Hydra doesn't like leaks." Sitwell said. "Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam asked.

"Insight's launching in 16 hours. We're cutting it a little bit close here." Nat said, leaning up so Sam and Steve could hear her. "I know. We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve said.

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea." Sitwell said. Then there was a loud thud on top of the car. Someone broke through the window and pulled Sitwell out of the car, and was thrown into the traffic, instantly killed.

Then the man pulled out a gun. Natasha jumped into the front seat, onto Steve's lap while I moved over to where Sitwell was once sitting, as the man shot through the roof of the car. Steve then put the car in park, causing the man to fly off. That's when I saw that it was Bucky, or well...The Winter Soldier.

Nat went to shoot him when another car crashed into the back of Sam's car, causing her to drop her gun. The car behind us was driving us right towards The Winter Soldier. He flipped over and onto the top of Sam's car. Sam slammed on the gas hoping he could drive away, While Natasha tried reaching for her gun.

The Winter Soldier then broke through the windshield grabbing the steering wheel from Sam. "Shit!" He yelled. Natasha finally grabbed her gun and started shooting at the top of the car, but by that time The Winter Soldier jumped onto the car that rammed into us.

That car then rammed into us again causing our car to hit the side of the road. "Hang on!" Steve yelled, grabbing both Sam and Natasha, he broke the door as the car flipped in the air, using it as a shield as they fell to the ground. I used my powers to do the same with the door behind his seat.

Sam rolled off the door while Steve, Nat and I stayed on. Once the door stopped sliding we all stood up. "Oh great." i mumbled as one of the men in the car that hit us handed The Winter Soldier a bigger gun. Steve pushed Natasha and I out of the way while he protected himself using his shield. The blast threw Steve off the bridge.

Sam hid behind a silver car while Natasha and I hid behind a tan van. Nat was shooting at the men while I used my powers to stop all the bullets heading our way. The Winter Soldier then aimed his gun at us. I levitate myself in the air, while Natasha jumped over the barricade to the other side of the road. I landed next to her and we ran. We ran behind a silver car right before it blew up.

We flew over the edge of the bridge. Natasha used a grappling hook to safely land while I slowly levitated myself to the ground. "You good?" She asked. "Yeah. you?" I asked. "Mhm." She hummed. We ran under the bridge to the other side. "Wait." She said, stopping me from going any further. "What?" I asked. "Look," She said ,pointing to a shadow of The Winter Soldier.

She waited and then quickly shot him in the glasses, causing him to fall back. A few seconds later he reappeared using a machine gun to shoot at us, but by then we were hiding behind a truck. Natasha started shooting at him while I used my powers to move the bullets to hit an empty car instead of us.

"Here." Nat said, handing me one of the guns she was using. "I don't know how to use this." I confessed. "Just aim and shoot. You're gonna have to learn to not always rely on your powers." She said, as The Winter Soldier was shooting at us.

I nodded, taking the gun from her. "This way." Nat said, running in the opposite direction of him. As we were running we turned to see him jumping down from the bridge onto a car. Shortly after the other men used grappling hooks to lower themselves to the lower level.

"What are you doing?" I asked, as Nat recorded herself. "Distracting him." She shrugged as she placed the phone behind one of the cars. "Come on let's go." She said, running off to the other side of the street.

We watched as he stopped at the car, grabbing something from his belt. He rolled it under the car and then pointed his gun at it. "Now!" She yelled. I used my magic to throw her over to The Winter Soldier. She punched him then landed on his shoulders using a weir to hold his flesh hand in place. He then used his metal one to throw her off of him. "Oh god." I mumbled, as I stopped her from hitting the car. That caught his attention and he turned to me.

He grabbed his gun, pointing it at me. Before he could shoot me Natasha threw a small round device at his metal arm, causing him to stop. "Come on, let's go." She said, as we ran away from him. "Get out of the way! Stay out of the way!" She yelled as we ran through a crowd of people. Then Natasha got shot. "Shit, Nat." I said, as we crouched down behind a car. "You okay?" I asked, as she put pressure on her shoulder. "I'll be fine." She panted.

The street was quiet before we heard someone behind us. We turned to see The Winter Soldier on top of the car in front of the one we're hiding behind, pointing his gun at us. "Feel free to use your magic now." She said. "Gladly." but before I could Steve ran over, catching The Winter Soldier's attention. He went to hit Steve with his metal arm but Steve blocked it with his shield.

The Winter Soldier moved the shield kicking Steve backwards, while falling on his back onto the car. He started shooting at Steve, who was hiding behind his shield. The Winter Soldier rolled off the car and Steve stood up. The Winter Soldier grabbed the gun strapped to his belt, and started shooting at Steve again.

Steve jumped over the car kicking him in the face. Steve blocked the bullets he was shooting at him. Steve then knocked the gun out of his hand, and they began a hand-to -hand combat. The Winter Soldier then took the shield from Steve.

He threw the shield at Steve, who dogged it, causing it to get stuck in the back of a gray van. Steve charged at him, as The Winter Soldier, grabbed a knife from his thigh holster. I saw that he was about to stab Steve so I used my powers to throw him into a van, causing him to drop his knife. They then, once again, began hand-to-hand combat. Well, before The Winter Soldier pulled out another knife. "Oh come on how many knives does he have?" I asked, standing up. "You okay, if I go help?" I asked. Nat just nodded.

I ran over and stopped him from stopping Steve again. I used my magic to summon the knife to myself. The Winter Soldier turned to face me. He slowly walked towards me, giving Steve the perfect time to grab his shield. As he went to punch me I stopped his finish with my mind throwing him back towards Steve, who used his shield to hit him.

Steve then grabbed him by the mask and flipped him over, causing his mask to fall off. The Winter Soldier then slowly turned towards us. Steve stood up straight in shock. "Bucky?" He asked. I turned to him in confusion. Bucky never told me he knew Steve. I thought.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" The Winter Soldier asked. It broke my heart to hear him say that. He then pulled out another fucking gun, like Jesus how many guns can one man carry? But before he could shoot us Sam flew down kicking him in the face. He turned back to us, pointing the gun at us again. Steve grabbed me and put his shield over us. Before he could shoot us Nat shot at him with the gun he dropped earlier, causing the truck behind him to explode. However, he was already gone by then.

I ran over to Natasha to help her. As I wrapped my arm around her side, to keep her steady, a bunch of S.H.I.E.L.D. cars pulled up. "Oh come on." I complained as the agents walked towards us, aiming their guns at us. "Drop the shield, Cap! Get on your knees!" Rumlow yelled. Steve put his shield down while the rest of us put our hands in the air.

"Get down. Get on your knees!" Rumlow said, as he kicked Steve to his knees. One of the agents held a gun to Steve's head. Rumlow looked up at a news helicopter. "Put the gun down. Not here. Not here!" he repeated when the agent didn't listen to him. The agent then lowered the gun, as Rumlow cuffed Steve.

Other agents walked over to me and Natasha cuffing us, along with Sam. They put the four of us on the back of a van, which had two armed agents. The can started to drive away. "It was him. He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." Steve said. "How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." Sam said.

"It's because they would freeze him." I said, playing with my hands. "What?" they said, turning to me. "They would put him in cryo freeze, right after they use a machine to wipe his memory." I said, wiping a tear from my eye.

"And you know this because?" Sam asked. "I used to be with Hydra, remember? Plus, mine and Bucky's cells were next to each other. Let's just say we got pretty close." I said, not wanting to go into detail. "How close?" Steve asked. I gave him a look that said it all. "Oh." He whispered. "Yep, then Hydra found out and they separated us, moving my siblings and I to the base they had in our home town, Sokovia." I said.

"So you're telling me that this whole time, you knew about him?" Sam asked. I nodded. "Then why didn't you tell us?" Steve asked. "I don't know." I shrugged. "You wanted to protect him. Didn't you?" Nat asked. "I guess. But look where that got us." I laughed dryly. "Okay but them putting him in cryo freeze doesn't explain everything else. Like the fact he fell off a train thousands of feet from the ground." Sam said.

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." "None of that's your fault, Steve." Nat said. "Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve said. Nat then leaned her head on the wall. I looked over along with Sam at her wound.

"We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam said, turning towards one of the agents. The agent then held up his shocking stick thing, causing Sam to flinch backwards. The agent then used the stick on the other agent, then kicked him in the face, knocking him out.

"Well, shit." I said, with wide eyes. "Ah. that thing was squeezing my brain." Maria said, taking off the helmet. She looked at Sam in confusion. "Who's this guy?" She asked, looking over at Steve. "Sam Wilson." Sam said. Maria nodded. "Okay, let's get out of here." She said, using some sort of tool to cut a hole in the bottom of the van.

Word Count: 2903

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 51 11
Bunch of one-shots regarding winterwitch Wanda Maximoff x Bucky Barnes Scarlet Witch x Winter Soldier "I can't control their fear, only my own." "In...
19.4K 432 15
Y/n Maximoff is Pietro and Wanda there triplets sister who have same exactly ability as her siblings she is more powerful like her sister but you got...
134K 2K 58
Y/N Maximoff, the younger sibling of the Maximoff twins , Wanda and Pietro , was traumatised,tortured, experimented by hydra. The avengers found her...
111K 1.9K 50
Wanda and Pietro wasn't the only Maximoff. Anara is the oldest of the three. What will happen when three siblings volunteer for HYDRA. Gets enhanced...