THIS SIDE THAT SIDE

By Magicalpenner

What if you get a chance to add colours of happiness to your most favourite fictional character? Sunaina belo... More

My Hero Arjun
Trapped
Celebrating Destiny
A Reality Hard to Define
Partial Revelation
Your Eyes Tell
Calm in the Wilderness
FRIENEMY
Unsealed Wounds
The Challenge
The Confrontation
Chanced Encounter?
Forever
Author's note
Shards of Doubt
Hold Onto Me
Beating Hearts
Lost in You
Stay... Please
Longing in my dream
Is it true?
Vows and Trust
Rain or Tears?
Truth and Reasoning
You are my Saviour
Wish Upon a Star
Valentine's day Special: Promise
VDay Special pt2 and special announcement: Closer
High Time
Light to your Birth
Disappearance
Identity
Accusations
End of your demise
Happy Ending?
Tied to You
Your Bride to be
Colored in your Color
Farewell my beloved
Finale: My Paradise

Ray of Light

32 14 2
By Magicalpenner

Sunaina's POV

"I do not belong here. This is a world of fiction." My words seems to have shaken the very core of Gayathri Devi.

"What do you mean?" She tried to understand my words.

"Look...I know this will sound crazy but whatever I am saying to you is the truth." I enunciated each word very slowly so that she can get the grip on the things I am trying to explain her. "Basically you guys belong to a book. Like you are the characters of my favourite novel."

"Your favourite novel?" Her voice clearly showed her disbelief.

"Umm...how should I explain it?" I was running out of sentences. Probably it wasn't a very good idea to spill the truth to her now but the damage is already done. I have to say it to her. "Well... actually... I can't explain much in detail but from what I understood is that, this is the world of the book 'Waking up with you'. More like...ahem....an extended version." Hearing my own words, I felt like a maniac.

"What rubbish?" Gayathri Devi stood up from her chair. Somehow I was ready for this yet it still felt scary. I tried to blink back the tears that has made its way out in front.

"I know...it is unbelievable. But please understand that I am not lying to you." I almost was kneeling down begging to her. "I don't know how this happened either. According to the book, the story ended, with Mansi and Abhay getting married. But then I got sucked in here somehow and then I met Arjun and then I got here and I really don't know..."

"Enough!!" Gayathri Devi now raised her palm at me. It was really a very scary moment. I never saw this kind of rage from her side. She was always very calm and composed but what I told her is enough to piss even a saint. I started to shiver as her eyes were glaring at me as if trying to understand if I am lying or not.

"I don't a believe a word you said." She declared.

"But it's true." I tried my best to explain her. "I really don't know how to explain it to you but you have to believe in me."

"Prove it to me." I heard her voice booming at me.

"What?"

"Prove that this is a world of fiction."

"Well...I don't know if I can prove that. But I can definitely prove it to you that I know everything about this. Something that not even outsiders know." Gayathri Devi seems to have gotten alerted at my words.

"Speak." She commanded.

I took a deep breath and began speaking.

"Abhay and Mansi were in love since they were kids but Mansi never admitted it since she was an orphan."

"Everyone can understand that. That's not a fact that's a plain logical statement." It turned out to be harder than I thought.

"Abhay fell down from a tree when he was a little boy and you picked him up and took him to the hospital yourself."

"That is something even the house maids can inform you of."

It was clear that she didn't want to believe me. I know it's hard for her to do that but I still can't give up. Not yet.

"Arjun wasn't given anything from his father. He wanted him to stand up on his own so that he can learn to be successful himself and also because the second son is not allowed to inherit anything according to your royal family rules." On hearing this, Gayathri Devi's eyes seemed to bulge out at any moment. She slumped down on the chair. I went close to her and sat down on my knee. Trying my best to calm her down.

"How did you?" I didn't let her complete the rest of the sentence.

"Because I have read about you all for almost 4 years." I sighed.

"Do you mean to say that we are not humans?" I could see the pain in those eyes of hers. This made me feel guilty. This wasn't my intention to begin with but then again, I can't expect her to swallow everything I told her casually.

"No! You guys are definitely humans." I tried to reassure her. "But... it's just that you and I don't belong to the same world." Her face dropped when she heard my words. I gave her a big hug and assured her again.

"I don't know how can I comfort you. All this is too much to swallow." I bit my lips before continuing. "But I didn't want to hide this from you. I got attached to you within just a few days and I don't want to lose your blessings or your hand that has been over my head for so many days." It seemed that my words seemed to have softened her heart. She looked at me with teary eyes. "And here I thought you and my son will be a match."

I laughed a bit at her last comment and gave her a hug. She hugged me back and finally spoke in her composed demeanor again. "Sunaina... understand that it's still hard for me to believe you. I can see it in your eyes that you are not making up any of these." I smiled. Atleast she believes that I am not lying though. "But I would need some time to register everything you said. Can you tell me everything that you have faced so far?" I nodded in approval at her question and told her everything that I have faced so far. From drowning in the sea to recieving messages claiming Arjun is in danger. I didn't miss a single detail. I felt quiet light coming clean to her. It seemed that a load I had been carrying for so long has finally been lifted.

"So you mean to say that Arjun's life is in danger?" I nodded at her question.

"Hmm." She seemed to have gone into deep thoughts.

"Sunaina...I hope that you can keep all this a secret between us. Thank you for trying to protect my son well." She said in her usual manner. "I will make sure that the security is tighter around from my end as well." I smiled at her and nodded.

"Go...you have a long day ahead of you." Saying this, she caressed my head and gave me a light pat.

"You aren't angry at me right?" I wanted to be sure.

"I am actually very confused at this declaration. You know not everyday will someone come and tell that this is a fictional world." I bowed my head low in shame. Somehow this was making me feel guilty. She gave me reassuring smile.

"Your work clothes for tomorrow has already been kept in your room." I looked at her confusion.

"What?? You have your first day tomorrow right?" I was still not able to understand what she was saying to me.

"Until you are staying in this world, you need clothes and essentials to fit in right?" I blinked at her in disbelief.

"Did you get everything for me?"

"Ofcourse! You are my daughter as well." Hearing those words, I broke down completely in front of her. It's been so long since someone got me things. I forgot that essence when my parents fell sick. My ever so happy world turned upside down when I had pull up myself as an adult. I felt her presence to be a blessing. She  was someone who cared for me without me even asking. I kissed her cheek and thanked her. That was the first time in a long time when I acted like a kid again whose wish has been granted by her parents. I touched her feet taking her blessings. After a few more hugs, I left her room. I was happy now and more than that I was relieved. I just hope, I can save Arjun soon and leave this place. I need to remember every detail that happened in here so that I can go and share it with Preeti. I was about to lie down on my bed when I saw a note on my table. I opened the note and realised it was like the notes Ayu send me.

'Moe proud of you girl.

Yours Ayu'

Those few words were enough to put a smile on my face.

"Alright!! Time for office tomorrow!." I was in my high spirits again and turned off my lights to fall asleep.

"My first day of work at cranky Arjun's office." I giggled. "Wonder how that will go on."

(The next day)

I woke up earlier than usual and got ready for the day. I came outside to see my clothes all lined up by Nandini. An ocean blue colored collared formal shirt followed by black formal pants. My eyes smiled at the pretty clothing.

"Why are you smiling ma'am?" Nandini asked me curiously.

"It's nothing." I said controlling my smile. She has picked mine and Arjun's favorite colour. Did she really want me to pair off with his son? That's impossible now right? Keeping all those thoughts aside, I went ahead and got changed. I looked at myself in the mirror and started decking myself up. If only Preeti was here to help me out. I smiled sadly. It seemed that I was really missing her a lot. I just hope all this comes to an end soon. I applied tinge of maroon lipstick and tied my hair in a neat ponytail with a fair amount of BB cream. I let a few locks of my hair stay freely on either side of forehead. Finally after I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Perfect." I thought to myself and proceeded to go downstairs.

I went downstairs and saw Arjun leaving for office already. I was coming downstairs, when he suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned his face towards me. Our eyes met and it seemed that Arjun was in awe. I could feel my cheeks heating up by his gaze. The butterflies were starting to rise again. I moved my eyes away from him and went downstairs to sit for breakfast with everyone. I could feel his gaze following me all the way to the dinning table. I was trying my best to control the uneasiness I was having by his constant stare. I really don't get this guy, one time he is cold and the next time he looks at me as if I am his wife. Dude! Make up your mind will you? I heard footsteps and on looking up I found Arjun standing in front of me still staring deeply into my soul.

"Do you need a ride to office?" He asked in his ever booming voice.

"Umm...no it's ok. I don't want any rumours to be generated on the first day of work itself." I courtly denied his offer.

"Umm...yeah ok. See you in the office then." His voice seemed to void of emotions. Was he disappointed? But if I had gone in his car and his employees saw me, then I won't be able to keep a low profile in his office. Who knows that might alert the killer.

"Yeah." Was all I could say.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Oho Aru, I think someone can't leave a particular person behind and go to office now?" I heard Mansi giggling and the very next moment I saw a stuttering Arjun all flustered.

"Listen! It's nothing like that. I was just worried that she will be confused on her first day. I just wanted to help." His reason sounded genuine but Mansi didn't buy it.

"Yeah yeah! Our Aru is melting in blue you know?" Saying this, she winked at me sneakily as if trying to share a secret between us.

"Manu! Don't tease my bhai." Abhay barged in. "Bhai, you can go, I will ask someone to drive Sunaina to your office." Arjun nodded at his brother's words and gave him a sad smile. With this, he left for office and we started to eat and talk during the rest of the breakfast. Soon, the driver honked in signalling me to come out. I greeted everyone before leaving and hopped in the car. I felt excited again like it was my first day of job as a fresher. We reached the venue earlier than expected. I thanked the driver and got off the car. I looked at the building in from of me again.

'CONARK INDUSTRIES' the name was burning up a fire of excitement in me. I was about to enter inside the office when someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Hey...it seems that you got in." I turned around to see Nikhil...no Karan standing right in front of me. I frowned at him and nodded.

"Great then. We will meet each other more often that I had expected it seems."

"Uh? What do you mean?"

"Ah it's nothing." He waved his hand dismissing the topic to proceed any further. "Let's go in shall we?" I couldn't help but nod at the sudden offer and we both entered the building premises.

"Aren't you the CEO of Singhania industries?" I glared at him intently. "What are you doing here?"

"Welp...you will know soon." He smiled slyly. "For now I think you should collect your ID and all. I will be taking a leave then." I nodded and went to the reception to get my employee card.

"Hey I have joined in today. It's my first working day. My name is Sunaina Mehra." The receptionist seems to have been waiting just for my arrival for she immediately handed me over my employee card and my welcome kit as soon as I told my name.

"Please go to the 3rd floor." The receptionist informed me. "Mr Bharadwaj will be guiding you your work." I nodded and then proceeded to go towards the lift. I saw my ID card and my heart was filled with pride and joy. I felt happy and content. While I was busy tangled in my thoughts, I saw the lift door open on the third floor. Mr Bharadwaj was already waiting for me in front of the lift.

"Welcome my dear. Welcome." Mr Bharadwaj warmly wished me and touched his feet to get his blessings. He smiled at my gesture and patted my head lightly.

"Come let me explain you every." With that being said, he showed me my working cubicle. Apparently it was a little nearer to the Ceo's office compared to other people's cubicle. I was supposed to be a developer that will be straight away thrown into the project as suggested by Arjun.

"He really thinks you are capable. Hence you are getting a project so soon." He smiled and it made my chest swell in pride. So this guy now believes in skills over degree eh. I giggled internally thinking about it.

"Before you can start your work, we need to meet Arjun sir." I smiled at him and nodded with an Ok. We started talking about little things here and there before finally reaching in front of Arjun's room. Mr Bharadwaj gave a light knock in front of his office door.

"Come in." Came a familiar voice.
Mr Bharadwaj went inside the room and I followed him quietly.

"Sir, I have brought the new joiner. I have also explained her-" Mr Bharadwaj was interrupted suddenly and another faintly familiar voice was heard.

"I want her to take care of our project." I was keeping my head low till now. I looked up on hearing those words and saw Karan Singhania was pointing his finger at me.

"Arjun...either she will handle this project or we are off."

Phew another update. 2650 words. Well... I know this novel might seem a bit boring but I hope you can bear with it. Also if you think there's things I need to improve do tell me. Please cast your votes on this book and give this book a chance to atleast get a lot of viewers. Thank you again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.4K 51
Trueloves & Friendships🍃 MY BEST PARTNER When Jahnvi Mittal was struggling with her career and life to become something on her own. To achieve her d...
106K 5.4K 43
Ranvijay, a Cold man by nature, battling the world and himself, gets tied up with a selfless shy girl, Niharika. "I asked, what kind of husband do y...
7.7K 973 34
"I told you , I didn't kill her." "Don't lie to me Aaru . I have been informed that you pushed Mrinalini." He roared. "'Rajan' , I am telling you the...
41.4K 1.7K 30
Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. Sona has always carefully planned out her...