An Unexpected Engagement

By colacejohansson

Natasha Romanoff has a huge crush on CEO Steve and decides that the company's Christmas party is the perfect... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
+ bonus 📲
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Quarantine Diary of Natasha Romanoff-Rogers
Chapter 80
Capítulo 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Capítulo 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122

Chapter 21

461 25 9
By colacejohansson

I should have known that discreet engagement thing wasn't going to work.

And to think it lasted less than two hours!

Well, it was good while it lasted. By the way, my brief twenty-two years of life were amazing, wasn't it? Surely Steve is going to kill me with a finery of cruelty when he finds out that the entire company is about to find out about our now far-fetched engagement.

I could already see my face in the papers, probably a black and white photo taken on my high school graduation day (why the hell victims of cruel crimes didn't have recent photos? It was something to think about…) and the headline “CEO da DBS flees to the Bahamas after murdering his secret lover by throwing her off the twentieth floor of the building in Canary Wharf.”

"Natasha?" Natasha! “I come back to reality with Hill's screams in my ear. — Jeez, it's white as paper! Are you going to pass out? Haven't had breakfast today?

“Actually, I think I'm going to throw up,” I whisper in a thin voice, feeling very real dizzy.

How could Steve and I be so dumb?

- To vomit? Oh my God, are you pregnant?

'Shut up, Hil! Don't talk shit! Can't you see I'm in shock?

“Oh, of course. You should really be worried about everyone saying your fiance is Steve! She laughs, like it's a big joke. "Sounds like it, right?" Don't worry, I bet no one is buying it!

"Why wouldn't they believe it?" "I'm starting to feel offended."

- Speaks seriously! Everyone knows Steve doesn't get involved with female employees. Do you really think anyone would believe he would get involved fairly with you? If I were to bet on someone, I think Erin, who is all fine, or…

"Steve would never have Erin!"

- Why not? She would certainly love to, already noticed that she drags a tram for him, right?

— She and all the employees of this company! Rachel approaches. — So, you already heard about the gossip, right?

— That Steve is Natasha's fiancé? Benjamin appears holding his cell phone. “Dude, Billy really freaked out betting all that money
in such nonsense!

And now everyone is laughing; not just Rachel, Hill, and Benjamin, but also other employees who, for some bizarre reason, believe Steve being involved with me could only be a joke.

"I think Billy's in real trouble!" Wanda approaches with her cavernous expression. Today she looks scarier than ever, in purple lipstick and a black dress that reaches to her feet. “Steve will order his head on a tray and show it in the cafeteria at lunchtime.

"Do you think Steve will fire him?" Alan approaches.

— Of course you will! Steve hates gossip involving his name! “Rachel is emphatic and right; so much reason that everyone agrees.

"Do you think there will be enough for Natasha too?" Hill asks, looking at me pityingly, probably already imagining my head pairing with Billy's head in the cafeteria. Maybe they even put an apple in my mouth, like those pigs served at exotic dinners.

"Why would I be left over?" It's not her fault! “Alan comes to my rescue.

"Because she's the one causing trouble with this engagement story!" Wanda says, sounding very aware of the gossip about me.

“Steve might not like to see his name involved.

— I think everything would be resolved if Natasha told her fiance's name right away — Rachel suggests and everyone stares at me waiting for my answer that will save my neck and maybe even Billy's.

Ah, if they even imagined!

"Can I know what's going on here?" Erin approaches with an unfriendly face. — Steve has finished the presentation and I think everyone can get back to work!

The crowd disperses, whispering to each other, and Erin stares at me, her eyes sparking.

After the incident with the presentation text, she certainly hates me even more than before.

“Look, Erin, I didn't mean to harm you, quite the opposite.” I try to explain myself because I don't want my situation with Erin to get worse. And I really didn't mean to. Her text was horrible!

"I underestimated you, didn't I?" She folds her arms across her chest. — I thought she was just a silly and incompetent girl, now I see she's a fool! Do you really believe she can pull my rug?

- Of course not! I'm not pulling her rug! I just fixed the speech and should thank me, actually...

"You wanted to appear to Steve!" Know that it won't do any good! And get really smart, don't mess with me again, because I'm putting you out of the company, was that clear?

I want to roll my eyes at your threats worthy of a Mexican soap opera villain. I know they are empty. Erin can't fire me.

Steve wouldn't let me and it's not because I'm engaged to him, but because he saw I was competent.

He said it himself, didn't he?

Remembering this leaves me with a great sense of satisfaction, making me manage to put a placid smile on my face as I stare at Erin.

"Clear as water." Can I go back to my table?

“We have to wait for Steve to finish with the press. Stick around!

Erin pulls away and I look for Steve. He is talking to two unknown men. I want to walk up and tell you what Billy saw and that we're fucked, but how do you do that with so many people around?

I lie in wait, and when the two men walk away, before I can take a step toward him, Mark, the HR vampire, approaches, showing Steve the tablet with a grave expression, and I realize the exact moment he discovered it. what Billy did.

Her dismayed gaze roams the room. I know you're looking for me and I want to run away. Okay, I know it's not my fault, I mean it's ours, but Steve is still the boss and everyone knows how loath to see his name involved in gossip.

Shit!

What a big shit!

The room is now almost empty, only a few journalists still talking to Erin, who hands them the pre-release.

Steve comes towards me with Mark behind, alarmed: — Steve, I'm sure it's not Natasha's fault…

Geez, is Mark defending me?

“Oh hello Steve, I mean sir…Mr. Rogers and Mark.
I think… I think you've seen the bets? I swear I have nothing to do with it and…

"It's a big mess, don't you agree, Natasha?" — Steve says in the coldest voice in the universe, something like a Darth Vader mix
with Don Corleone.

Oh shit. He's mad.

No, he is furious!

“I'm sure Natasha regrets the mess, Steve. “Mark is still trying to put on hot cloths. “Billy shouldn't have involved you in this irresponsible bet. By the way, I should have ended this bet as soon as it started, I didn't think it would turn into this mess...

"Yes, it's Billy's fault!" I interrupt him. "Now how could he have come to such a preposterous conclusion, eh?" I think that's the question. How could Billy think you're my fiancé? How?…” I stare at Steve, trying to make him understand my alarmed look.

Steve suddenly pales and I realize that he has finally understood that the issue is much more serious.

Billy wasn't betting. He knew.

And he had proof!

- Cum! Damn! Holy shit! Steve blurts out and Mark's eyes widen as he hears the CEO cursing like a gangster rapper.

“So I think maybe you'd better have, um, maybe a little chat with Billy and warn him of the dangers of spreading, um, certain images, I mean, making up nonsense gossip…” I try to keep my tone even. and think practically about what should really be done, when I really want to go swearing like Steve.

“Yeah, right, I think you're right, Natasha. Steve takes a deep breath and I know he's starting to think rationally like me. Look, what a tuned couple we are! “I will have to take drastic measures against Billy…

“I don't think firing the bouncer is a way out. “Mark looks worried. — Even because, if we were to fire everyone who bet, there wouldn't be many employees left to work tomorrow.

- Yes, you're right. “Steve seems to be trying to find a solution.

- And what are you going to do? Mark asks. “I can call Billy and give him a warning.

“No, let me say it myself.” Steve is emphatic.

Obviously, if he lets Mark talk to Billy, the man can show Steve videos with his hand inside my skirt. Just thinking about it feels my face burning with embarrassment. Imagine if our little security video starts circulating around the company, or worse, on social media? It would be worse than the video where Solange Knowles fills Jay Z with
smack while Beyoncé watches it all placidly.

“Are you sure it's not better than me…” Mark insists.

"Go back to work, Mark, and Natasha, can you come with me?"

Without waiting for an answer, he marches away from the room and Mark still gives me a worried look. I try to smile to calm him down.

'I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding.

“I hope I don't have to write a resignation letter, Natasha…

I ignore the HR vampire's baleful comment and run after Steve, meeting him in the hallway.

"What the fuck are we going to do?" I whisper when I get close enough.

He looks all around, making sure there's no one there as he calls the elevator.

— You, nothing. I'm going to talk to Billy and convince him we're not engaged.

“Oh right, he'll think we're just two depraved ones!

Steve glares at me.

"I don't even know which is worse!"

“It really sucks!

- Excuse me.

Steve looks at me confused.

“Why are you apologizing?

"Don't you think it's my fault?"

"I was the one who kissed you in the first place."

— Well, it's true! However, I think I would have grabbed you anyway. I blink and he smiles, forgetting for a moment that we are about to throw our most dignified careers down the drain. Thank God the elevator doors open, breaking our comedy-worthy moment. Or one of those really nasty porn.

"Go back to your office." I'll work things out. — Steve enters the elevator and the doorcloses.

I go back to the living room, wondering if he's going to be able to sort out this mess.

I try to work ignoring the chat that turned into the intense exchange of emails about what Steve would be doing with Billy, since everyone already knew he was safely “eating Billy's ass,” as Benjamin had written in his e-mail. mail, which he even completed with a very realistic picture of the situation.

Creed.

"Do you think Billy is going to get fired?" “Hill stops by my room crazy to gossip.

“I have no idea and for God's sake, get back to your table before Erin shows up! She is mad at me today!

“Erin is mad at you all the time! And I'm going to the meeting room and I should do the same!

- Why?

"Didn't you see Steve's e-mail?" He called everyone to an emergency meeting. Now! Before lunch!

I pale. Is Steve crazy?

Erin chooses that moment to leave her office, while Hill pulls me down the hall toward the meeting room.

— I already know that your ridiculous bet involved Steve! Erin practically spits in my face.

“Yeah, I heard too,” I mumble, noticing the crowded place.

"After that, I find it hard to keep you here!" Erin continues sourly.

Oh, is she really saying that I'm still in the company because of her?

“I'm sorry about all this mess, Erin. I don't know what Billy was up to. He knows Steve hates his name wrapped in gossip.

"Yes, see what caused it!" A meeting to disrupt the progress of our work! Steve must want to fire you in front of everyone!

I suppress the urge to roll my eyes or kick him in the shin to see him shut up. Steve enters the room at that moment, making everyone shut up, including Erin.

He doesn't even look in my direction, which is kind of creepy.

What's his plan anyway?

“I'm glad you're all here, I'll be brief,” he begins. “I think everyone is aware of a certain betting bank that has been taking a lot of time from employees, who should be working and not worried about a colleague's relationship. This time his gaze creeps up to mine, so cold I can almost hear Frozen's music playing across the room.

Oh shit.

Is it a cue? Should I say something?

Everyone looks at me, some with disapproval (a bunch of kiss-ass), others with pity, some with fun, after all, there are always those who love to see the circus catch fire.

— I completely agree with you Steve! Erin rants like a faithful cheerleader, which makes Steve stare at her impatiently.

"Agree to what, Erin, I haven't even started!"

She smiles awkwardly.

"I just wanted to make my position clear!" All of this is absurd and those responsible should be punished severely and...

"You could let me finish." Steve's voice takes on an annoyed tone, making Erin instantly shut up.

Aff, how ridiculous!

“Like I was saying…” Steve continues. — It's absurd what's been happening these past few days. Therefore, this type of interaction in the company is strictly prohibited, especially using our means of communication. If anyone else is caught in this activity they will be summarily fired, am I clear?

Everyone acquiesces.

"Sir, may I ask you something?" Hill holds up her hand, like Steve is an elementary school teacher and she's going to ask him to erase the board or go to the bathroom or something. "Billy got fired?"

“No, Billy wasn't fired. I just warned him.

Um, so had Steve managed to shut Billy up? Like?

In my mind comes the image of Billy with a security monitor down his throat as Steve laughs hysterically like a mob movie villain.

"You mean no one will be punished?" Erin insists, indignant. — Natasha started this whole mess, hiding a shady relationship in the company's hallways! If not for her, none of this would be happening.

"I think Natasha could tell her who the groom is, so everything would be fine," Rachel intrudes. And everyone starts talking at the same time, agreeing with her!

Oh, for God's sake!

— Could it be that you didn't understand anything I said? Steve raises his voice and I can see he's rapidly losing his temper.

Oh shit!

I have to do something.

— Excuse me, I have something to say! — I get up and everyone stops talking to face me.

Including Steve, who now frowns between confused and apprehensive.

"Rachel is right." I have to stand up and… tell the truth about my engagement.

Deep breath.

And now.

I'll put an end to this mess once and for all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 725 19
Tongkrongan bukan sembarang tongkrongan. Tongkrongan kami bukan kumpulan anak berandal, tapi anak-anak yang insyaallah, gemar beramal. [action, horo...
32.6K 3.2K 104
Male Lead pr ဇာတ်လမ်းအကျဥ်း အရှေ့ဘက်နဲ့ဝေးတဲ့မြေမှာ မီချယ်လင် ကြယ်သုံးပွင့်အဆင့်သတ်မှတ်ချက်ကို အကြိမ်ကြိမ်ငြင်းဆိုထားတဲ့ ထူးဆန်းတဲ့စတိုးဆိုင်တစ်ခုရှိ...
5.2K 163 14
Yujin created an Instagram to promote his lemonade stand. 8 college students finds this Lemonade stand instagram account and decided to troll him "I...
15K 229 13
in which y/n exists. she also rides some fat cock, but we'll get to that later-