Aikatsu Crescent! BRIGHTEST☆S...

By GrandPrintemps

When one lunar phase ends, another begins. Meet Kazami Usagi! An up and coming idol who along with her friend... More

「Phase 93」Believe☆Aikatsu!
「Phase 94」Like A Star Fragment
「Phase 95」Bubbling Feelings
「Phase 96」Clashing Hearts
「Phase 97」Mission: Get To Know
「Phase 98」Brilliant Star
「Phase 99」Beyond the Galaxy
「Phase 100」Into the Forest
「Phase 101」Primary Meteor Shower
「Phase 102」Vivid☆Smile
「Phase 103」Unique Charm
「Phase 104」 Poppin' Step ♪
「Phase 105」Forest Of Memories
「Phase 106」The Prism's Wish
「Phase 107」Solar Eclipse
「Phase 108」Stella
「Phase 109」Blossoming Love
「Phase 110」Runway to Stardom
「Phase 111」Golden Wings
「Phase 112」Burn Bright, Superstar
「Phase 113」Vibrant Feelings
「Phase 114」A New Era
「Phase 115」Mint and Lilac
「Phase 116」The Rabbit on the Moon
「Phase 117」Illuminating Breeze
「Phase 118」A Divine Stage
「Phase 119」Unexpected Happiness
「Phase 121」Our Own Light
「Phase 122」Bubblegum Stage
「Phase 123」
「Phase 124」That Marionette, Now Freed
「Phase 125」The World I See
「Phase 126」Who I Am
「Phase 127」The Number One "Saki" In The World
「Phase 128」Surpassing Myself
「Phase 129」A Seedling In Christmas
「Phase 130」Song For You
「Phase 131」Together
「Phase 132」To the Ends of the Earth
「Phase 133」In Pursuit of Perfection
「Phase 134」Brand New World
「Phase 135」Redefine Yourself
「Phase 136」STARBOUND
「Phase 137」Even if my Wings Disappear
「Phase 138」So I'll Never Stop Believing
「Final Phase」To a Distant Rainbow

「Phase 120」Where I Belong

26 2 0
By GrandPrintemps

Tick tock, tick tock.

Claire stared at the pendant sitting in front of her.

Saki and Minori had already formed a unit together... Divinity Heaven had also gained a lot of traction too.

She wondered how long Luna had waited to form a unit. How easily she had managed to find members. If performing alongside them was difficult...

She kind of wished she had asked her older sister those questions before rushing off and becoming an idol. After all, if she wanted to truly live up to her legacy, she'd be best off forming a stylish and cool unit. One to rival the army of rabbit girls Usagi was supposedly gathering. Not to mention that Hikaru would likely form a unit eventually and knowing Hikaru and her attention to detail it'd probably be a strong one. Serendipity was also plenty capable - no matter which way Claire looked at it, she'd have strong rivals no matter what.

Which was why she had to make sure her unit was perfect.

No matter what.

...But...

Claire sighed, looking at the empty bed located next to her.

...It wasn't like she had many friends to form one with in the first place.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"You've been looking into agencies?" Usagi asked, tilting her head. It was the next day and she, Claire and Hikaru were walking through the corridor.

"Forming a unit through an agency is likely the best approach if I want to reach my full potential," Claire explained, "I have strong rivals to live up to after all."

"Strong rivals?"

Claire glanced at the two and Usagi's eyes sparkled. She clasped her hands together.

"You're right! My bunny girl unit is going to be super super super strong! I just need to find members."

"You haven't yet?"

"I've tried but nobody's been responding."

"I'm sure someone will join eventually," Hikaru said and Usagi rubbed her head.

"Maybe I just need a new technique... how do I become more rabbit-like? To show I'm serious and not just a faker trying to cash in on rabbit popularity."

Claire held back a laugh. "You're truly an interesting person, Usagi-chan."

"Are rabbits interesting? Is that the problem? Do I have to be more boring?"

"I like you the way you are," Hikaru said.

"Do I make a convincing rabbit? ...Maybe I should buy the ears."

Hikaru placed a finger to her lip, imaging it. Claire's face lit up.

"Absolutely!"

"You think?"

"It'd be cute...!"

"It's decided then! I'll wear rabbit ears around and show my fellow rabbit girls that they should join me! It's a perfect plan!" She turned to Hikaru. "How about you? How are you gonna make your unit?"

"...I'm not sure. I'm not in a rush though."

"Aw, boring~."

"Not everyone has things as planned out as you. Even I'm unsure about the whole agency idea..."

"Are you?"

"Onee-chan was a part of the agency and she hardly ever said anything bad about it. But for some reason... I'm hesitant."

After a second, Usagi grinned. "Well, you're Claire-chan and anyone would die to be in a unit with you! So you'll be fine, I think. Plus you're talented and listen to rules and basically you'll probably be the top idol someday - not counting Mai-chan. And also once Hanabusa-senpai retires."

Claire chuckled. "I'm flattered. But I wonder if they'll take on an idol already in an idol school. I don't exactly want to leave here, after all..."

Usagi and Hikaru stopped in their tracks.

"Leave?"

"Some agencies are possessive. They might make me leave."

"...That makes sense," Hikaru said. She muttered, "I hope you don't though."

"You shouldn't!" Usagi yelled, "This school is amazing! Like, like... like we have Hinode-senpai. And... and we have tons of other great idols here. And good lessons. And... you know." She pouted. "Why would you ever want to leave?"

"I don't! I'm just considering things." Claire smiled. "Don't worry. I'm sure I'll find out what I want soon. Anyway, I have something else to handle. See you soon~."

As Claire walked away, Usagi placed her hands to her head.

"Agh, that's not what I meant to say!"

"Usagi-chan..."

"Even though everyone supported me when I was going to leave for a much worse reason..."

"Claire-chan doesn't want to leave either."

"What if she lied just to reassure me?"

"..."

Usagi curled up her lip, tearing up.

Then she sighed and relaxed her composure.

"I guess all I can do now is find the best rabbit girl unit ever," she mumbled.

"... I've been wondering..." Hikaru said, "What exactly counts as a rabbit girl..."

Immediately, Usagi's expression lit up and she began hopping on the spot. "Does that mean-?!"

"...Usagi-chan...?"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"Good morning, Suzukawa-san. I'm glad you could make it."

"Me too. Ever since I saw your offer, I've been interested in taking it up."

The woman smiled. She had dark red hair worn in a braid and tight, smart clothing. "You're interested in joining one of our units, correct?"

"That's right. I've done my research and your agency always produces high-quality results."

"You're correct. We have strong regimes in place to ensure each of our idols produces the highest quality possible. I've looked over your past works and you seem like a good fit for our unit 'Beyond.'"

Claire nodded. "I've been looking into them. I'd be honoured to join."

The woman smiled. "You'll be taking a few days to try it out and see if you're a good fit for our company. Is that okay with you?"

"It sounds amazing. Thank you."

The women led Claire into another room, where four other girls were. One had dark green hair in a perm. There was another girl with bright pink hair in a ponytail, and a girl with short pastel purple hair. Finally, there was the girl with the most overwhelming presence of them all - a girl with long, honey-coloured hair.

"These will be your fellow unit members from now on." She snapped her fingers and the idols' attention all turned to her. "Everyone, this is Suzukawa Claire, who will be working alongside us. Please all get along well."

The honey girl took a step forward. "Nice to meet you, Suzukawa," she said, "I'm Minazuki Hiroko."

The purple-haired girl jumped up. "I'm Amauri Mimito! Nice to meet 'chu."

"Harukaze Fuwari," the green-haired girl said, applying lipstick.

"And I'm Kurosu Akane," the pink-haired girl introduced with a grin.

"These girls have been working incredibly hard. Here, we have an extremely strict schedule - little to no time for messing about and being unproductive. But that's exactly what you're looking for, correct?"

Claire bit her tongue.

Completely different to...

"...It is," Claire said. She put on the best smile she could. "Thank you."

"Not another new trainee," she overheard a high-pitched voice - the purple-haired girl? - complain. "I swear each one is more annoying than the last. I can barely even stand you lot to start with."

"Mimito, not so loud."

"What? You're all thinking it 'chu!"

"Idol units have to at least pretend to get along."

"She's not wrong. I'm sure she thinks just because she has some good looks she can be some kind of big star. How annoying."

Claire shifted slightly in her position.

"Onee-chan, was this really the kind of thing you went through...?"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"Alright, Hikaru-chan! I'm going to teach you how to be the best bunny girl ever," Usagi declared as the two sat in their dorm, "Then we'll go out and recruit new people and we'll become the strongest bunny girl unit ever."

"...Are you sure I'll be a good bunny girl...?" Hikaru asked, fiddling with the rabbit headband on her head. She blushed slightly.

"Sure you are! You're super cute~."

"I guess but... is that all?

"What do you mean?"

"You're so specific about the bunny girl thing... I was just wondering if I really got it."

"Well... all a bunny girl needs is-" Usagi placed a finger to her lip and furrowed her eyebrows. "All a bunny girl needs is... I'm not sure. I was born one, after all."

"Because of your name?"

Usagi nodded. "My parents could feel it from deep inside. I was always meant to be a bunny girl."

"You have to be born into it then?"

Usagi shrugged.

"It's not that either. You can just kinda... feel a bunny girl when you see one."

Hikaru giggled. "Usagi-chan..."

"What?"

"You're too vague. No wonder nobody's joining."

"If I'm less vague then..." she tilted her head. "You know, someone who doesn't fit might join."

"Like?"

"I don't know."

"You're not making sense."

"I know exactly what I want this unit to be. I just... don't know how to word it."

"I think I get it."

"You do?"

Hikaru nodded, smiling softly. "I think I feel the same."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So instead of looking for a new member, we should practise. Our new members will find us soon." She paused. "If that's okay with you."

"Wehh, Hikaru-chan~."

"S-sorry."

"No, you're right," Usagi said, "Even if practising is annoying... we should." She jumped up from her bed. "Come on, let's work hard so we can become the best unit ever! Aikatsu!"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

"One, two, three, four! Suzukawa-san, you're off time!"

"Sorry!"

The training regime the members of Beyond went through was a harsh one.

For starters, the dancing. Compared to the calmer songs Claire was used to, Beyond demanded powerful, sharp and quick moves.

"Keep going, everyone!"

It was long and required constant concentration. Not that Claire wasn't used to it but... somehow, back at the academy it was more bearable.

"I still feel bad. Besides, I made a promise to someone."

"A promise?" Usagi asked, then she turned to Hikaru with bright eyes. "I wonder who it's with?"

"Maybe... maybe she's in a forbidden romance with a boy."

"Or maybe Hinomori-san just promised her a lot of sweets!"

Claire stopped, placing a hand over her chest and breathing heavily.

"Suzukawa-san? Please continue."

She stayed for a second then stood up straight.

"Sorry, miss."

Then, it was back to working.

"It's okay. It's best to rest now."

Her chest... she wasn't sure why or if it was a problem but...

It hurt.

"Come on, Suzukawa-san!" Mimito cheered later that day, as the unit went jogging. "You're a member of our unit now, so don't be afraid to not lag behind! I prommy we won't get mad at you if you show us up ♡." She gave an agonisingly fake pair of puppy dog eyes before running off to join Akane.

"Ugh, she's so bad...! Can't we get rid of her already?"

"She'll quit eventually. Don't worry."

"I don't want to wait for 'eventually!'"

"Even if I'm loud and childish, even if I'm bad at everything, please... please continue to be my friend!"

"What are you saying? We love you for a reason - of course we'll still be your friend."

Claire stopped in her tracks and stared out to the sky.

The sun was beginning to set already...

...It was too late to back out now.

No matter how different life was here compared to Celestial Academy, she'd simply have to embrace it.

She looked at her watch again and smiled weakly.

"Onee-chan... I'll fulfil that promise. No matter what."

The Beyond girls were cute and mostly tried to hide their bitter thoughts about her. It couldn't be that bad...

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

As we write this next chapter

Writer's block might hit

But together we know the answer

We'll smile and cry and laugh and dream

You'll make through... we'll make it through!

So bloom into the 'you' you want to be

Claire listened to the song, her head resting in her hand.

It was such a hopeful song, that in most circumstances would make anybody feel less lonely. Claire could clearly understand why so many of her friends and classmates had latched onto this unit - even if their music wasn't her typical style, it had so much heart she couldn't fault it.

Like it was shouting "We can be idols together!"

Claire buried her face in her arms.

"We can't. Not like this."

"Claire-chan?"

Claire bolted up.

Was it Usagi? Hikaru? Had they figured out something was up--?!

...Well, it was late at night. They were probably asleep.

But... who else would be awake?

"You okay?"

"I'm... fine. Why are you asking?" She turned around to the source of the voice, immediately greeted with a blonde and green-eyed girl. "H-Hinode-senpai?"

"It's not often you hear your own singing voice in the middle of the night. I thought I was going crazy."

"Heard your own voice?" Claire asked, then looked down at her earphone cable.

It wasn't plugged in.

"...I'm sorry, Hinode-senpai. I'll be quieter."

"It's fine. But you're okay, right?"

"..."

"...I know way too many people who don't talk about their feelings. It just makes it worse, you know."

"...Hinode-senpai, what was Midnight like...?"

"Hm?

"You were such a successful unit - was it hard? Did you get along?"

Hinata scratched her head. "I guess it was kinda hard? Like... Tsubaki constantly pushed us hard. Then Kotone-chan acted kinda weird at first and caused trouble. And Mai-chan quitting was pretty sudden. And some other stuff." She grinned. "But they're my best friends in the world, so it was worth it!"

"Were you always friends? Even when the unit first started? Or... or did you fight a lot...?"

"Of course we were friends. That's why we became a unit in the first place." She ran her fingers through her ponytail. "Did you fall out with your friends?"

"Not exactly." Claire sighed. "I joined a unit at a big agency. But... even though it'll make me successful..."

"...You know, a top idol can shine no matter who she's with."

"...Huh?"

"The audience can tell if you're not having fun," Hinata said, "Being in a unit with people you don't like will ruin your synchrony too."

"But-"

"It'll ruin your mood too. We're only kids, if you're gonna work you might as well make it fun for yourself." Hinata winked. "If you wanna be the best, I'm sure your friends will be willing to work for you."

"Hinode-senpai..."

"Midnight only succeeded because we could rely on each other. Even if they argued, Kizuna were super close too. Meguru are practically married and even the Rosebuds are close friends." She took a few steps back then turned back to face Claire, the moonlight shining down on her brightly.

"So, Claire-chan, what do you want?"

"I can't wait until we form units! Then our units will be rivals."

Claire bit her lip.

"What I want... it isn't what everyone else wants..."

"And?"

"And...?"

"Be selfish then."

"H-Hinode-senpai!"

She crossed her arms. "Do you think people wanted me to be an idol?" She asked.

"They didn't?"

"Nope. But I did it anyway and my life's better for it."

"...Isn't that kind of different?"

"You might as well try."

"What if they get mad?"

"So?"

"Hinode-senpai..." She chuckled. "I didn't know you could be like this."

For a moment, Hinata's expression was blank.

Then, she slapped her hands over her mouth.

"Tsubaki's gonna kill me...! I'm sorry, forget everything I said I'm sure your cool professional boring I mean successful unit will stop making you sad someday don't be selfish that's bad apparently anyway this was all a dream I'll see in real life tomorrow maybe and always remember your Celestial Star is cool and professional and serious-!" She started walking off quickly, the tip of her ears red.

Claire smiled. "Wait, Hinode-senpai!"

Hinata stopped and turned back around.

"I think... I'm going to be selfish again."

Hinata smiled softly, once again twinkling in the moonlight. "I'm glad."

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

Claire walked back into the academy, smiling softly.

It hadn't been the most pleasant experience but...

She was glad she did it.

"Claire-chan!" Usagi called out as she noticed her friend. Next to her, Hikaru waved.

"Good afternoon."

"How'd it go?"

"I quit."

"...Huh?" The other two asked in unison.

"I quit the agency."

"W-why would you do that?!" Usagi asked, "Wasn't it going to turn you into a world-famous idol?! This isn't because of what I said right? Because I didn't-"

"Looking back, many more amazing idols have come from here."

"But-!"

"Anyway, I have another unit I want to join."

"...You... do?" Usagi asked, her voice shaking. "They must be amazing, then."

"They are."

"Then... then what are you waiting for? Ask them!"

Claire smiled softly and took each of their hands.

"Okay then... will you two let me join your unit?"

"...Huh?"

Hikaru smiled back. "I was waiting for you to ask."

"Huh?!" Usagi repeated, this time turning to Hikaru.

"Even if I'm not a bunny girl, I hope you'll take me."

"... Claire-chan..." Usagi muttered.

She nodded, smiling.

"Mhm! Of course you can join! That's three of us - sounds perfect to me."

"Even if neither of us are rabbits?"

"I guess." Usagi furrowed her eyebrows. "You two are the kind of people I was imagining though..."

Claire giggled. "Are you sure you were imagining a rabbit girl unit?"

"I think I was! Or... maybe not?"

"If we're a unit," Hikaru said, "We'll need a name."

"A name, huh," Usagi said, "It should be cute."

The three stood quiet for a second, all thinking furiously.

"Maybe... Asterism?" Claire suggested. "A pattern of stars from different constellations."

"That fits us," Hikaru agreed, "I like it."

Usagi furrowed her brows. "It's good but... missing something."

"Missing something?"

"Yeah. Like.... like..." Her expression lit up. "I've got it!" She skipped in front of the other two and turned to face them, grinning.

"From now on we'll be Bubblegum*Asterism! How does that sound?"

Claire's cheeks turned pink. "Cute...!"

Hikaru smiled. "It's perfect."

Usagi smiled brightly. "Alright!" She exclaimed. She jumped up, bringing the two into a hug as she landed.

"Let's do our best, Bubblegum*Asterism!"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

A/N: At the point I'm writing plot is kicking in properly and a new major character was introduced and I simp for her mum anyway safe to say it MIGHT be easier for me to write more now lol

Thank you for reading! Tomorrow (dec 27) is the one year anniversary of s1 ending we've come so far this year :>

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 385 18
Please enjoy this ff of Yume x Subaru.❤ Why didnt Aikatsu Stars Creators made them a thing :( Clearing the confusion in timeline: The timeline now i...
34.8K 970 23
This has some trigger warnings please don't read if you are sensitive to any of these topics ⚠sensitive topics⚠ ⚠sexual activities⚠ Overal this story...
249K 8.6K 60
Dull eyes filled the world, grey and colourless. Only those who had met their soulmate could see eyes of colour. Kiyoomi Sakusa had never cared much...
768 34 13
"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have this wish I wish tonight." In our lives, we all face great chal...