「Phase 110」Runway to Stardom

"That's the promise we'll make together, a sacred bond between us~" Usagi sang under her breath, as she scribbled words down onto the paper. Already, her notebook had been filled with many writings, some making more sense than others.

"...Usagi-chan...?"

Usagi turned to her side, where Hikaru was watching from her bed. Usagi grinned.

"Good morning Hikaru-chan!"

"...You're not usually up this early."

"Early morning is the best time to write, I think!"

"To write?"

Usagi nodded. "I'm on my way to becoming a best-selling author!"

"I didn't know you wrote."

"I started yesterday. But I'm already so far through," she announced, proudly holding up her notebook. Hikaru tilted her head.

"Have you planned the story?"

"Not at all. I just wrote myself and changed my name, and now I'm following my gut. I'm having lots of fun so I'm sure I'll be known as one of the best authors ever," Usagi explained. She paused. "Oh, a character's based on you too. I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind," Hikaru said, getting out of bed and picking out her uniform from the wardrobe. "I'm just surprised."

"Hm?"

"I didn't realise you were the type."

"I was just thinking that it might be fun. So... I decided to do it! And then, in a week or something, I'll probably decide to do something else. Like... like... oh, I haven't tried pottery yet! Do you think that'd be fun? But I'm not that precise. But if I manage somehow I could bring my mum something really pretty," Usagi thought out loud, "Hm... until then, I think I'll write about Tsuki-chan learning pottery! After she kills the dragon and saves the princess Mai-chan, of course. eclipse pottery session!"

Hikaru stared blankly for a moment, then smiled.

"Do your best. I can't wait to read it."

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

"Good morning, class," class 1A's teacher, Tanabe Aki greeted. "Today I've got an announcement."

"I wonder what it is," Saki said, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Maybe... oh, it could be...!"

"Hm?"

"Think about what time of year it is," Saki started. She paused. "Not that you'd know regardless."

"Does something usually happen around this time?" Usagi asked, "Is it... hot weather? Are we going to have a class beach trip?!"

"Most likely not," Saki replied in a deadpan.

"Aw, what a shame~."

Aki continued. "It's the end of July, meaning the New Stars Fashion Show is quickly approaching. This event is open for all newly debuted idols and is one of the best opportunities for idols to get noticed so early in their careers. Please do your best, everyone."

Saki smiled. "I knew it."

"A fashion show," Usagi repeated. She sighed. "Now I have less time to write."

"To write?"

"Want to hear about the best-selling multi novel series I'm writing?"

Saki furrowed her eyebrows. "You can tell me about it later."