Sauvage | Jeon Jungkook

By tjunglebook

"No private conversations in my company, Ms. Carlson," he says coldly, making me gasp silently at the accusat... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Final
Epilogue
Reflection

Five

15.7K 892 531
By tjunglebook

Mikayla

I finish my lunch and watch Megan pop the last of her noodles into her mouth. I haven't had much of an appetite today and considering I'm just quietly letting the abdominal pain torture me, I don't think I could eat much anyway.

"I was window shopping on Saturday and I saw such a beautiful dress," Megan says after swallowing the mouthful. "It was such a dream."

"Why didn't you buy it?" I ask, a small smile playing on my lips as I picture her standing in front of the store window, watching the dress with bright eyes.

"Nah. It was nice, but there's no occasion to wear it. It was pretty fancy. And you know me." she laughs, pointing to her current dress, which looks very comfortable but still office-appropriate.

"A nice dress is never bought for nothing," I say, my face twitching as a new round of cramps hits me.

Megan notices this while wiping the corners of her mouth with a tissue. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I forgot my pain pills, but it's not that bad," I reassure her and we both get up from our seats to take our trays back to their station.

Josh joins us, who has had lunch with other colleagues from his finance team, and together we take the elevator back up to the forty-second floor. Some are still down in the cafeteria, which explains the slight silence.

"I'll see you both tomorrow," Josh says, walking backward toward his seat. "I'll be leaving in an hour."

"See you!" both Megan and I wave at the same time, returning to our seats as well.

Since it's Monday, there's a lot to do again. I still have to finish writing the script for one client and call another one. Sometimes being a copywriter can get really stressful. Especially when you have colleagues constantly asking you for favors because something came up for them again and they can't get their ideas to you in time.

And on top of everything, I had to do more for Mr. Jeon last week than I had to before. Being his assistant or secretary or whatever is exhausting, but at least he always gives me specific instructions on how and when he wants something done.

It makes the job a lot easier, but I'm only human and there are only twenty-four hours in a day. It's been three weeks since he fired Tiffany - the reason for which I don't know and it may not be my business to know - and I still see applicants coming and going from his office.

I open my computer after falling into my chair and thank whoever picked out these comfortable chairs for our company. Especially with the cramps and back pain, it really feels good.

I continue to type away at my text file. This commercial is for a bag designer and two colleagues are working with me on the script for it. I take mental notes that when I get home I will pop a pain pill right away and put some in my purse too.

My phone rings and knowing it's Mr. Jeon, I straighten my back. "Yes, Mr. Jeon?" I answer, trying not to let any of the discomfort in my uterus show in my voice.

"Ethan Stan and I are going to have a meeting in half an hour. I want you to be there and take notes," he says.

"Oh. I didn't know about the meeting," I think out loud. "What room will it be in?"

"We set up the meeting on the fly. Room 7," he informs me and I tell him I'll be there, to which he hangs up.

I prepare my tablet that Mr. Jeon gave me on which I always take notes since it is easier to delete and paste things than on paper. I receive an email from him in which there are two files that he wants me to print out for the meeting.

I send it to the printer and make my way there. Since the file is large and there are many pages to print, I decide to prepare some tea in our break room hoping it will ease my pain. I probably should have gone to a pharmacy during my lunch break.

I place the teabag in the cup and pour hot water over it. In the meantime, the printer has printed most of it out and it doesn't take long for me to gather the pile in one arm and take my cup in the other hand, then run back to my seat.

But before I can sit down I see the elevator door slide open and Ethan Stan gets off. To get to Mr. Jeon's office he has to walk past my desk and that's when his eyes find mine and he immediately smiles.

He is dressed casually, with a polo shirt, but this time in white and a jacket over it. His white teeth gleam under the fluorescent light hanging from the ceiling as his smile widens the closer he gets.

"Good morning, Mikayla." he greets me as he stands close enough so we can have a conversation. Or maybe a little closer.

"Good morning, Mr. Stan." I smile back and set the cup and pile of paper down on my desk, but still remain to stand.

"Ethan." he corrects, and I laugh shyly. I mean, I don't think I'll ever be able to call him by his first name, but I nod anyway. And only Mr. Park of the higher-ups in this building calls me by my first name.

"You have a meeting with Mr. Jeon, right?" I ask, and he nods. "I'll inform him that you're already here."

Just as I'm about to reach for the phone, he stops me. "No, that's not necessary. We still have ten minutes until it starts," he says and the corners of his mouth curve up and into a grin. "I wouldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to a beautiful woman for a meeting."

I can't help the heat rising in my cheeks. "Oh, um, thank you."

I don't exactly know how to handle compliments and it shows when I can't even maintain eye contact with him. Was that even a compliment? I think it was one because he's staring at me with a big smile.

"Tell me, Mikayla," he speaks coaxingly before brushing his blond hair out of his face with his hand. "Is Jungkook giving you a hard time? I bet it's hard to keep up with his disciplined self."

I shake my head, still a little flushed at his compliment and the way he's looking at me. "Not really. He's very precise and serious about work, but I can handle it."

"I see." He's taller than me so he looks down at me as he leans his hip against my desk. "Let me know if you need my help. I wouldn't want him flooding you with work so you can't find time to go out."

"No, it's okay. I'm not the type to go out much anyway." I explain and he hums as he crosses his arms in front of his chest, making his muscles show more.

"We could change that." he offers and I don't know if it's his deepening voice that does it or the way he looks at me that makes me look away. I haven't had a man flirt with me so openly in a long time - that is, a handsome and charming man.

And before I can respond, another voice rings out behind me. "Ethan." I recognize the voice as Mr. Jeon's voice. "Our meeting will be in room 7," he says as he gets closer.

When he's close enough, his deep eyes focus on me. "No private conversations in my company, Ms. Carlson," he says coldly, making me gasp quietly at the accusation. "Focus on your work. I'm not paying you for nothing."

I don't even have time to say anything in response as I have to watch his back as he walks away, not even giving me a chance to answer his rudeness. Yes, he's my boss and I know what my father taught me, but sometimes I want to punch him in the face.

Let's keep that between us.

And I don't know if it's because of hormonal changes, but it makes me both angry and embarrassed all at once. For one thing, it's embarrassing because he said something like that in front of Ethan, and for another, because I wasn't distracted from my work that long.  And not to mention Ethan distracted me, the man he's going to have his meeting with.

"Well, do you want me to talk to Jungkook now?" Ethan suggests, scrunching his nose and looking a little apologetic.

"No, he's right." I take a deep breath. "No boss wants an employee who doesn't do their job."

I try to smile and Ethan looks at me closely to make sure I'm serious. I mean, Mr. Jeon is right, if you look at it objectively. I guess it didn't really look professional for him to see Ethan and me looking so casual.

Ethan pushes himself off my desk with his hip and heads in the direction where Mr. Jeon disappeared. Before he has completely disappeared from my view, he turns around and points his index finger at me.

"You're a great employee." he encourages me, retracting his index finger but this time holding up his thumb.

I laugh and maybe blush a little before gathering up the pile of sheets on my desk and cradling them in my arms. I see that my chamomile tea has now gone cold because no more steam is rising from it and I sigh.

Thankfully, meeting room 7 isn't that far away because my feet don't seem to appreciate the high heels at all today and the cramps may have worsened. I quickly rush to the meeting so Mr. Jeon can't scold me again, but I trip over my foot, and the papers in my hand all fall to the floor.

"This can't be happening." I groan under my breath as I bend down to pick up the papers again.

I sigh out loud. Everything seems to be getting on my nerves today and I can't help but furrow my eyebrows, which already have that angry look all day. I'm usually a very calm person, but the first two days of my period sometimes make me react differently than I actually intend.

Besides, Mr. Jeon's statement adds the cherry on top and I can't help but get mad.

I nag. "Don't be late, Mikayla. No private conversations, Mikayla. Take notes, Mikayla."

I place the last few sheets on top of the pile and get back to my feet only to see Mr. Jeon standing in the doorway staring at me. Startled, I almost drop the papers again and my eyes widen.

I pray inwardly that he didn't hear my monologue, but judging by the look on his face, I seem to be out of luck today. He doesn't look angry, he's just staring at me, but I can see it in his eyes.

"If you're done talking to yourself about me, I'd like to get this meeting started," he says calmly and steps to the side, his back turned to the door.

"Yes, of course," I murmur quietly, feeling so embarrassed that I wish the floor would swallow me right here and now. How could I be so stupid as to talk out loud about my boss? He's going to fire me for sure.

I can't bring my eyes up as I walk past him to enter the meeting room. He holds the door open and I feel his eyes on me. Why isn't he showing any emotions? That would help because then I'd know if he's planning in his head right now on which way to fire me after the meeting, making sure I cry about it.

The door clicks behind me and I quickly find a seat at the ten-foot table, far enough away to escape Mr. Jeon's deep eyes. I give Ethan a smile and he smiles back. When Mr. Jeon clears his throat, we focus on the meeting together.

_____________________

It's already 8 p.m. and everyone but two colleagues have already gone home. I had to stay behind because I still have some things to finish that I wouldn't otherwise find time for.

My cramps have eased a bit since I ran to the pharmacy around the corner - with Mr. Jeon's permission for an emergency, of course. He didn't seem pissed or upset about what happened, but I have to say I feel a little bad about it.

He didn't deserve me talking like that behind his back even if it was just to myself. I would never talk bad about him to anyone else even if Megan jokes sometimes and it makes me laugh. His statement to me was rude, but he is still my boss and I have to respect him.

If my dad knew that, the first thing he would say to me is Don't treat anyone badly just because they don't know how to treat you. Being nice is a choice.

He always wanted me to choose wisely how to form my personality. I always considered my parents as role models and now I feel bad.

Even though Mr. Jeon doesn't show much emotion, I can imagine that some things still bother him. I don't think he is heartless. Maybe he has learned to use his heart less.

I sigh and rub my temples. Besides the cramps I always have, a headache joins them and that's the worst. I don't usually stay behind this long, especially not when I have to show up here so early again the next morning.

Plus, I still haven't talked to my parents on the phone, even though I've been meaning to for the past few days. Whenever I call they ask when I'm going to visit them again and I always state the same reason. They understand, after all, I am an adult and have my own life.

I work a little more and rub my temples a little more and drink a little more of the chamomile tea that I made ten minutes ago. After a few minutes I hear footsteps and when I look up I see Mr. Jeon walking in my direction with his leather briefcase in one hand.

I straighten my back and when our eyes meet, his footsteps slow down. He looks around, eyebrows drawn together a bit as he sees most of the lights turned off. He comes to a stop at my desk and I offer him a smile.

"You're still working?" It's more of a statement than a question as he sees my computer shine in my face.

"Yes, sir," I reply with formality. "I have some documents I need to file this week."

He nods and lowers his gaze as he gets ready to leave. I chew on my lower lip a bit unsure if I should bring it up or not but before he can take too many steps I decide it's the right thing to do.

"Mr. Jeon?" I call out and he turns his head back over his shoulder, his eyes soft. "I wanted to apologize for earlier," I say.

I don't know what apology can justify my words. I don't have the right as an employee to complain about my job unless it's unfair. It's not like Mr. Jeon is holding a gun to my head to make me do all these things that a secretary actually does for him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean the things I said. It's just that I'm not in the best of moods today and I know that doesn't excuse my behavior."

"I'm aware of the things that are thought or said about me, Ms. Carlson," he says. "Just keep doing what you've been doing."

I want to exhale in relief because for a moment I was really afraid he was going to fire me, but knowing he knows what's being said about him in the company is a little sad. I always try to look the other way when I see someone talking bad about him, but sometimes things are said that are low. He doesn't deserve that.

"Besides, you don't have to worry anymore. I had an applicant interview and she seemed very qualified." he clears his throat and looks away. "I'll probably hire her, so you can just focus on copywriting."

I smile when I hear the news because it makes me happy that someone found a new job. I hope she's able to meet Mr. Jeon's requirements and I hope her job doesn't end up like Tiffany's.

"Oh, that's great." I smile. Mr. Jeon's eyes fall to my lips and then back to my eyes before he stares at the teacup on my desk.

"It's getting late, Ms. Carlson," he murmurs. "Go home."

____________________

A/N: what do we think about Ethan?🤔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

357K 16.1K 15
"Fine", you said rolling your eyes and groaned, "you really think I fall for your gentleman behaviour?" "I don't know", he said smirking playfully...
52.9K 2.8K 24
Jeon Jungkook CEO of Jeon Enterprise is very strict in nature. No one has ever seen him smiling. His staff fear him because one mistake can cost the...
563K 26.8K 49
"I am p-pregnant, Taehyung and it is your's", Jungkook spoke with a crack in his voice, while trying to supress his sobs. "W-What?" ✧ Jungkook is a c...