More Than Just That

By MhayaRy

Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened... More

Proluge
Dedication
Chapter 1 :Sparks
Chapter 2 : Why Me?
Chapter 3: Waves
Chapter 4: He Noticed
Chapter 5 : Life Saver
Chapter 6 :Jock
Chapter 7 :Dating
Chapter 8: Kiss
Chapter 9 : Playful Kiss
Chapter 10 : Soul Sisters
Chapter 11 : The Truth Gets Out
Chapter 12 : Main Lady
Chapter 13 : Period Troubles
SPECIAL THANKS
Chapter 14 : In Deep Shit
Chapter 15 : The Untangled Web
Chapter 16 : Bring It On
Chapter 17 : Party Crasher
Chapter 18 : Triggered
Chapter 19 : The Breakup Fiasco
Chapter 20 : A Confession?
Chapter 21 : A Proposal
Chapter 22 : Picture Perfect
Chapter 24 : Lost Soul
Chapter 25 : Three Bottles Of Poison
Chapter 26 : Secrets
Chapter 27 : Heart burns
Chapter 28 : Limits
Chapter 29 : Blushes and laughter
Chapter 30 : Turn it up
Chapter 31 : Jabel
Chapter 32 : Pity Case
Chapter 33 : Risky
Chapter 34 : Accidents
Chapter 35 : Anonymous Texts
Chapter 36 : Strangers and Stalkers
Chapter 37 : Birthday Blues
Chapter 38 : Touches and Boners
Chapter 39 : Dad Rules
Chapter 40 : Levelled up
Chapter 41 : Druggies And Secrets
Chapter 42 : Wine and Broken Bottles
Chapter 43 : Amendments
Chapter 44 : Acts Out
Chapter 45 : Coupled Up, Finally!
Chapter 46 : Kiss me already!
Chapter 47 : Date Night
Chapter 48 : Mutual Understanding
Chapter 49 : Sweet and Sour
Chapter 50 : Exes and Secrets
Chapter 51 : Reasons To

Chapter 23 : Holiday Affairs

70 14 2
By MhayaRy

The holidays were finally here.We had momentarily said bye bye to our books,teachers and the loud school bell.This brought about an opportunity for us all to socialize and have fun apart from school work.After a brutal week of exams and tedious studies,the ties between us and school were broken.
I spent the first week of my holiday Netflixing and stuffing my face with munchies before heading over to babysit Mike.

I had to take him to the mall to get some new felt tips and art supplies since his old ones were exhausted.Oh yes,Jay offered to drive.
There was an art lesson going on where children were taught how to make paper craft and do some finger painting art.
I left Mike in the care of the art instructor and wandered of to do some exploring on my own.
The art section was near a jewellery store and I spent some time admiring the goods on display.
There were these cute flamingo and candy lockets on the display shelf I was so dying for.It took a lot of self control for me to walk past it. I finally settled on getting myself some cute pearl hair slides.I was on a really tight budget this summer and buying expensive jewellery wasn't on my list.

After my little shopping spree,I found my way back to the art exhibition only to find out that Jay was nowhere to be found.
I thanked the instructor and took Mike away to the carpark after grabbing his art supplies.
I put a call through to Jay,he didn't answer.Where on earth was that boy. How could he just wander of like that.I led Mike to one of the park benches and we settled down.I handed him a juice box and tried Jay one last time.
He eventually arrived with a gift bag as I looked at him perplexed.Jessica's birthday was two weeks away and don't tell me that he'd stood Mike and I up to go gift shopping for his ex he probably hadn't got over yet.A certain bitterness filled my heart.Why did he break up with her and raised my hopes if he still liked her.I stared at the gift bag in disdain.

"Sorry," he apologized opening the car door for Mike.I helped Mike in and buckled him up choosing to sit at the back with him.
After getting into the drivers seat and noticing that I wasn't in beside him,Jay looked at me quizzically.
I avoided his eye by typing away on my phone.He placed the gift bag on the passengers seat buckling up his seat belt.
The car rolled smoothly out of the car park as I heard the gravel crunch underneath Jay's car tyres.

Soon, we arrived at their home and Mike set of to work immediately. He lay sprawled on the kitchen floor trying out the felt tips .

"Here you go." I distracted him by handing over a glass of milk.

"Thank you." He replied taking a sip and going back to his art.

"Let me help you to the table." I offered gathering his felts from the floor.
He reluctantly stood up and positioned himself on a chair.

"How do you spell Fahd?" Mike asked looking at me with wide blue eyes.

"F-a-h-d."I spelt peering over his shoulder.He quickly used his fingers to cover up his work guarding it from my eyes.This wasn't a very successful task,
I could see the word happy scribbled on the cute card.

" What's all this about?"I asked laughing.

"It's Fahd birthday this weekend. I want to make him a card." Mike announced peeling his hands of the card and revealing the lettering, Happy Birthday Fahd in an adorable font.

"Oh," I nodded guilt gnawing at me.How could I possibly forget my friend and best friend's boyfriend's party?
I can clearly remember Harry spoke to me about something like that on the phone last week but I guess it just slipped.
I rinsed Mike's glass and took my bag from the kitchen chair.Gosh,I had to go gift shopping.

"Bye Mike,see you later okay?"I patted his hair in goodbye.
He nodded an okay as I found my way out of the kitchen to find Jay.
He sat in the living room sprawled on a couch his eyes glued on his phone.

"Jay?"

"Huh?" He acknowledged lifting his eyes from his device.

"I'm going home,see you later."

"Yeah,drive safe ." He nodded going back to his phone.

I made my way to the front door and was swinging it open when he called out to me,"Hey."

I turned to meet his gaze.He shifted on the couch to get a better view of me.His eyes remained trained on my face for a while like he was considering something.

"You'll be at Fahd's party tomorrow right?"He spewed.

"Yeah." I nodded swallowing hard.This raised the panic in me to go gift shopping.

"Nice,then I'll pick you up at eight.You'll be ready then right?"

"Sure,I'll be ready then." I answered giving him a wave and walking out.

I made a mad dash to Walmart and grabbed a Hermes watch for Fahd.After getting it wrapped,I set out for home .

***

Dring!

The door bell rang.I slipped my feet in my comfy bunny slippers and hurried downstairs to get the door.It might be the pizza delivery guy.Standing behind the door and pulling it open,I stretched out my arm to receive the delivery.It was rudely smacked and a person barged in.

"Ouch!"I yelped earning a grin from my visitor.

"What was that for?"I added.

"Sorry Cupcake."Rachel smiled shutting the door behind her.
I groaned and made my way upstairs as she walked towards the kitchen.

It was nearly time for me to start getting ready for Fahd's party.I took quick shower an came out refreshed.

"Hey ,where have you been?" The cheerful voice of Rachel greeted from her spot on my bed.She lay cuddling Mr.Tiddles,my cute fluffy bunny with a blue bow around it's neck.Mr Tiddles helped me get through some sleepless nights.

"The bathroom,Obviously.Now what do you want?" I asked knowing that she wanted something. Rachel never called you sweet words or paid random visits for the sake of it.

"I don't really need anything but since you asked.... I'll just fire
" She said with a smile.

"What's it?" I asked picking up my hairdryer.

"I need a ride to Fahd's place.I'm in a fight with my Mum and I don't want to ask her for her car."Rachel begged.

I laughed. Ever since Rachel's old truck broke down,she'd refused to spend much money repairing it by saving for a new car instead.She occasionally used her Mum's car but seeing she wasn't on good terms with her....

" Rachel,go apologize and get your ride back."I advised.

"I did."She stated.

" And?"I pried tying my hair in a ponytail.

"She said that I apologized because of my whims,not from the heart." She stated.

"Now are you giving me a ride or not?" She cut in by my lack of attention to her foremost need.

I laughed ,"Jay's taking me.So you'll ride with us I guess."

"Aaah!"She squealed.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?"She blamed pulling my hair from the ponytail.
Cupping my face with her hand she roughly wiped the makeup I had applied to start all over.

"I look nice this way.You don't need to dress me up again."I complained as Rachel passed mascara over my lashes.

"I know but you'll look nicer when I'm done.Now stop squirming."She warned .

"Pucker up."She directed and I pursed my lips for her to outline my lips.
She was done with my make up in a few minutes and pulled the top half of my hair in a ponytail.She intentionally let loose some strands of hair to fall on both sides of my face.
With my curler,she curled my pony tail into nice waves and tied it with a cherry bow.

She rummaged through my closet removing outfits I had but barely wore.Hey,if you were your Mum's only girl she'd spend a lot on clothing for you.
She finally ended up with a short black leather skirt and body hugging white top.

"I'm not going out like that in public."I groaned looking at myself in the mirror after trying the clothes on.

"Loosen up."She laughed handing me some fishnets to wear under the skirt.

"Rachel,but what if I draw too much attention to myself."I whined.

"The only attention you'll care about drawing will be that of Jake's." she smiled making me give her a little twirl.

"Now sit still and let me touch up your make up.This part is smeared now."

In not less that seven minutes the door bell rang.Jay was here.

I made my way downstairs to meet Mum welcoming him , just what I dreaded.Jay noticed me descending from the stairs and fixed his eyes on me,as if lost in a trance.His eyes scanned my body and his pupils seemed to dilate on every look.He run his hand through his brown curls and muttered something inaudible.
Rachel did not hide her smile when she noticed this.She only leaned closer to me and whispered an ,"I told you so."

"Uh... you look nice."Jay said trying to drift his eyes away from my body.

"She always looks nice."Rachel laughed.

"I think the word for today is sexy.Isn't that right Jake?"She asked sweetly.
Jay swallowed nervously before turning his attention back to me.He stared at me in this intensely sick way.His eyes remained focused on me as he replied a sure to Rachel making my insides flutter.

"Aww,my baby's all grown up."Mum coaxed wiping her hands on her apron.She smelled of freshly baked goodies and I couldn't help but inhale that motherly smell.
I placed my hand in hers giving her a three hundred and sixty degrees turn.

"Don't stay out late and no alcohol,Call me if you're going to come home later, Camilla?"She emphasized.

"Yes Mum,I got it."I smiled snapping myself out of the little stare fest I was having on Jay's figure.

"Have a nice evening anyway."She smiled hugging me.
For a second there I thought Mum would yell at me for my lack of attention and clothes but luckily she didn't mind.Thank God Dad wasn't home,he wouldn't have let me go out in that boy magnet as Rachel called it.

Rachel jumped in the backseat as I pushed her over to make room for me.She wasn't budging.

"Sorry Babe,the backseat's full."She announced slyly.

"But there is still space."I declared slightly getting annoyed with the fact that she had opened her legs to take up as much space as she could.

"Rachel,"I tried one last time.With this,she openly placed her purse and phone on the little space left available.

I sighed and walked to the passengers side which Jay held open for me.

"Thanks."I smiled as he shut the door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 116 41
When Jake lifted his chin up, his dark gaze locking on mine, my stomach ignited like someone had set a match to an ember. His eyes burned with equal...
2.7M 72.7K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
7.7K 169 38
With her nose in books and his brawn getting him nowhere on or off the ice, they find themselves drawn together, sharing their baggage and behaving b...
44K 1.3K 29
When a freelance job brings Zoe, a notorious computer hacker, into contact with charming billionaire Parker, she can't deny the sparks between them...