AN ANATOMY OF A WOUNDED SOUL

noFOOKINidea द्वारा

"My life is a lie, a dark place," Alyssa Pearson said, looking up at the sky with a heavy sigh. The weight of... अधिक

. ❤ .
. 𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄 & 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓 .
. 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 .
. 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍 .
. 𝒂 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚 .
. 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒎𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 .
. 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉 .
. 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕, 𝒔𝒊𝒙 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 .
. 𝒊'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆 .
. 𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 .
. 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒊 𝒈𝒐 .
. 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆, 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 .
. 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒈𝒈𝒍𝒆 .
. 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚 .
. 𝒍𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆 .
. 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒌 .
. 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 .
. 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒔𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒓 .
. 𝒊'𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒍𝒚𝒏𝒏 .
. 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 .
. 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒔𝒔𝒂 .
. 𝒉𝒆𝒚, 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 .
. 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 .
. 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 .
. 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 .
. 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆 .
. 𝒊 𝒓𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 .
. 𝒊 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 .
. 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅 .
. 𝒊 𝒇𝒊𝒙 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 .
. 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌 .
. 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌 𝐈𝐈 .
. 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.
. 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌 𝐈𝐈𝐈 .
. 𝒊 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 .
. 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 .
. 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕 .
. 𝒄𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 .
. 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 .
. 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒌 .
. 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 .
. 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 .
. 𝒊 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 .
. 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒖𝒔 .
. 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕 .
. 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 .
. 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 .
. 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒐𝒇 𝒖𝒔 .
. 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆 .
. 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 .
. 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 .

. 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 .

69 18 55
noFOOKINidea द्वारा

▪▪▪

Dear Sylvie,

Remember when we were younger and I cried when you said you'll move to the other continent with miles of ocean difference between us? I cried my eyes out. I couldn't imagine my life without you. But right now - I think, I'm doing pretty good. You wanna know why? Because you're still miles away, there is a deep blue never-ending oceanic difference, it is everything you wanted. But still - I'm okay. Maybe because deep down I was never ready to let you go and now when you broke your promise, I think I've broken mine too. You said the difference will never bring a problem in our bond - but I don't remember the last time we talked. Do sisters do that to each other? I hope not. When was the last time you called me? Do you even remember me?

Christmas was always your favourite holiday. You loved presents, I hated surprises. But this year - I'm waiting for a miracle, I'm hoping for you to at least call me because I know - you're a busy person, you have a life of your own which now does not involve me very much, but take a breathe and close your eyes while you remember me - and please, call me. You know I act up all strong and everything, but I'm dying, well not literally - but yes - emotionally I AM.

Maybe, this year if you surprise me - I won't hate Christmas.

I'm waiting for you.

Alora.

Pressing on the send button, Alyssa sighed. A mail was never her mode to communicate with Aurora, but her elder sister left her no choice. Alyssa was desperate to talk to her and so she thought if nothing, Aurora might check her mails the first thing in the morning and that way, she might find her younger sister's mail of missing her and soon contact her. The last time Alyssa talked to Aurora was when she went to the party at Zoey's place. It's been months and Alyssa was worried.

I don't know how normal am I supposed to be with everything around me, but one thing is for sure - I'm not okay with her silent treatment. I can bear anything in the world, but Aurora not talking to me will kill me.

She thought to herself.

Last night was the same, she had a dream about Aurora and she knew that way God was indicating her to communicate with her sister who was busy in her life that she forgot she had a family behind.

Shutting the laptop, she stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. She was supposed to appear for a test and so she walked towards the class when she saw Danielle walking out of a room.

The scene from two nights before appeared in her head. Danielle's eyes met her and went narrow. But unlike any other day when Danielle would enjoy taunting her, today she walked past her. Alyssa stood there shocked.

Danielle would never leave a chance to say mean things to me. What is wrong with her?

Shrugging the thought off, she walked into the room and took a seat. The professor wasn't in the class. Her friends were all occupied with their work.

Her phone vibrated as a message appeared on her screen. It was a text from Beth on the group.

Guys, check this.

There was a video attached to the message. Alyssa played the video and her eyes went wide. There was no audio attached, but the video was clear. Her heart started pounding against her chest. Two guys behind her murmured as they too watched the video.

Wtf.
What just happened.
Is he okay?
Shit.
Where is this from?

Messages started appearing on her screen as she sat there, still in complete shock. Her hand trembled as her phone vibrated. The screen showed a call from her best friend. She answered the call.

"Where are you?"

She couldn't say a word.

"Ally, are you still in school?"

Still - nothing. It's like she never knew how to speak.

"Fuck it - Ally. Say something."

She sighed.

"I'm in Professor Chettnere's class." She whispered. The call ended from the other side. She played the video again and the face on the video broke her heart. His bleeding lip, swollen eyes shocked her.

She stood up from her seat and rushed out of the class, running towards the restroom. Once entering, she stood in front of the mirror and turning on the tap, splashed water on her face. Taking a deep breath, she walked out of the restroom.

Her arm was held by her best friend who dragged her to the side of the hallway.

"Hey, you okay?"

Her eyes met his and a tear rolled down her cheek. She couldn't understand why the video affected her so much, it was him who got hurt, but she felt like she could feel his pain.

"Was this recorded today?" She asked. He shook his head.

"Yesterday."

"Who are the other guys?"

He shrugged. "News is going around that those guys only wanted to torture him, so they started beating him and one thing led to another -"

"Why did he not fight back?" She raised her voice. There was no one else in the hallway. "Just look at the video, Neil. It looks like he didn't want to fight back. What the fuck was wrong with him? Not a single punch in his defence."

Neil's mouth went dry. He knew the reason behind the non-violence, but he couldn't say that to her.

"I want to see him." She uttered. He looked at her, not surprised by her words. He knew deep in his heart that she would say that. Giving a lot of thought to it, he asked.

"You sure?"

"Right now." She declared. He nodded and without thinking about detention or anything, he took her hand and they left the school premises. Rushing to the parking area without getting caught, she stepped into his car while turning on the ignition, he started driving. Their phones rang together.

"There is another message." She stated. It was in the group again. Opening the message, she read it out loud.

"Someone leaked a picture of Danielle with him. Shit. What is this - wait, what -"

"What happened?" He asked his eyes on the road.

"This is stupid, why would they say that those guys were sent by Danielle. No no - can she do that?"

He thought for a second and shook his head. "Danielle may be a bitch, but she would never do that to him. These messages are absurd."

She sighed. She wanted nothing, but only to see him. They arrived at his place and without waiting for Neil, she rushed to his door. Ringing the bell, she waited anxiously. A minute passed but no one opened the door. Neil walked to her.

"No one's answering." She declared. Neil could only think of one other place where he could be, but he didn't want to take Alyssa there. She waited for her best friend to do something as she stood there helpless.

"Do you have his number?" She asked. Hesitantly, he nodded. He knew that if he gave her the number, there was no going back. She reached her hand out for him to give her his phone. Taking his phone, she went through the contact list and dialled the number. Waiting for the call to be received, anxiously she paced back and forth.

"Hello."

The call was answered by a female voice. She was confused. Neil took the phone from her. He talked to the person on the other side and ended the call.

"It was his nurse. She said he is resting." He declared. "He will return home soon."

"Is he at the hospital?" The thought of the hospital sickened her. She didn't want him to be on a bed, his body attached to the fluids. She wanted him to be okay.

He shook his head. "C'mon we should leave." Taking her hand, he started walking towards the exit.

"I want to see him, Neil." She mumbled. Her friend sighed. Taking her to the car, he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"He is all right, Ally. Don't worry."

She wasn't ready to believe his words. But she nodded and stepped in the car. The drive to her home was silent. She was occupied with the thoughts of him while all Neil could think was worry about her. Even after everything she has been through, he knew - she would feel the connection. He couldn't understand how, but he hoped for it too. He knew what the person was supposed to mean in her life and so he believed, even after forgetting everything - maybe the bond that they shared, was strong enough to at least make her feel something.

Dropping her home, he drove to his house.

▪▪▪

That night, she couldn't sleep. The video kept playing in her hand and every time she shut her eyes, she could see him get beaten up by those guys. She sat on the bed and sighed. She wanted to see him. Ever since he started giving her a cold shoulder, he has been bothering her, the thoughts of him irked her. But tonight, she was restless.

Without making any noise, she decided to leave the house. She knew she was taking a huge step, but she had to do it. Shutting the door behind her, she started walking towards the end of the street. She still wasn't okay with driving a car. Brett wasn't in town or else she would've called him. Knowing exactly where she had to reach, she speed up.

When she arrived at the address, she placed a hand in her pocket only to realise she forgot her phone at home.

Fuck.

The house in front of her was dark. No lights were on which meant he wasn't at home. But she couldn't just leave without checking upon him. She walked to the door and knocked on it. While she waited, for the first time she saw there was another house right next to this one. Every time that she was here, her eyes never landed on the house. It was a huge mansion, divided by a wall between the two houses. This one looked much smaller than the mansion but modern from the outside, while the mansion was built ancient.

A woman received her at the door. She was much older and wore a blue blouse with a black skirt.

"Hi, I'm here -"

"Arthur isn't home." The woman answered without even letting Alyssa say anything. She didn't believe a word that the woman said. The straight face of the woman intimidated her. She took a step back.

"When will he be returning?" She asked, trying to get any information related to him. The woman simply shrugged. Alyssa didn't see her before.

Must be his mom.

She thought and decided to leave because to her clearly, the woman wasn't welcoming. As she was about to leave, she heard something fall from inside the house. She stopped right there and tried sneaking through the woman.

Is he inside?
Is this woman lying?
Why would she lie though?

Alyssa gave a questioning look to the woman who quickly shut the door on her face which made Alyssa more suspicious about everything.

She decided not to leave and do something about the situation.

If he is inside, I'm going to see him.

But why would the woman lie? Why would she not want me to see him?

Maybe he is asleep?

She left the ground and stood on the road, her eyes looking at the huge blank windows of the house. She wasn't even sure which side of the house had his room. She had only been upstairs in one room, which wasn't his for sure.

A light turned on in the room facing the road. She waited for someone to appear. It must be the woman, she thought to herself. She saw a male figure and knew exactly who it was.

He is home.

Her heart flickered.

Does he not want to see me?

Sudden confidence aroused in her which made her make a decision. She didn't care if he refused to see her, /she only wanted to check on him and she knew she'd do that.

She took a rock from the road and aiming accurately at the window, she threw it with force only for it to almost hit the window and escape. She took another rock and tried again. Sighing she decided to give up and walk away.

"Alyssa?"

She heard her name being called. The raspy voice belonged to the guy she came all the way to see. Turning back to face the window, she saw him looking down at her with confusion and shock in his eyes.

She waved a hand sheepishly.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. Even with such little light, she could see the tiredness in his eyes. There was a bandaid on his forehead and the left side of his lip.

"Just trying not to get killed by the cold weather." She sighed. He was completely baffled. "Thanks for letting me in though. Do I climb up the window like a normal human being or should I walk in through the door, which is not very usual?"

She didn't want to sound rude or annoyed, but the fact that the woman lied to her - bothered her.

He let out a chuckle and quickly hid it. Composing himself, he said. "Use your supergirl cape and fly up here."

"I don't wear capes anymore. They are lame." She huffed. "But anyway - I think I like I might stay down here. Makes me look like Romeo." She laughed. "O Juliet, how are you, my love?"

He let out a heartfelt laugh which made her heart skip a beat. She has hardly seen him laugh and being able to make him laugh during this time brought her happiness.

"I'm on meds, so I can't really feel anything." He answered. A cold wave hit her and she shivered.

"Would you pass me a hoodie, honey?" She asked, trying not to roll her eyes.

He vanished in the room as she waited impatiently on the road.

What a dick.
Didn't even ask me to come in.

The door of the house flew open and there he stood, wearing a plain t-shirt with a white bandaid wrapped on his shoulder, almost covering the whole left hand. His hair was a mess, he looked a mess.

He walked slowly towards her which made him look like he was in pain. Her eyes landed on his leg where another band-aid was tied below his knee. He wore short pants.

She rushed to him so that he didn't have to walk much. Grabbing his arm, she made him stand steady.

"Your walk has improved now." She joked. He gave her an eye. "What - you used to walk like a young guy, now you walk like your own self - an old grumpy man."

"You think I'm old?" He leaned away from her.

She nodded her head. "There is no denying it. Have you ever looked yourself in the mirror?"

"I may have one or two grey hair, that doesn't make me an old man."

"I called you grumpy." She sighed.

"Oh well, that I'm not. I refuse to accept that. I'm literally the calmest guy."

A laugh escaped her mouth. She gave him an eye as she laughed. He pouted. They stood in front of his door.

"I think you're right about that. Maybe that is the reason you landed in this situation?" Her tone turned serious. She was no longer joking about anything. He didn't meet his eyes with her. "Some random guys hit you, punched you, literally hurt you so bad that you were rushed to hospital, but what did you do?" She took a step back from him. "Nothing. Na-da. Because you're the calmest guy. What are you? Gandhi? Since when have you started following non-violence, huh? Where was this ideology when you hit that guy who accidentally hurt me in the school auditorium? Where was this stupid calmness when you threw a fucking hand on my best friend?"

He was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

"You shouldn't be here, Alyssa." He took a step back from her.

She huffed. "Yeah sure - now you push me away. Okay, all right. That is what you've been doing for the past months. What is your fucking problem, Arthur?"

He opened his mouth to speak but she cut him off.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked him. There was sudden desperation in her tone, the begging to know what was going inside of him and why was he the way he was. "What do you want from me?"

A tear rolled down her eye and she didn't wipe it away. Ever since the situation at the bridge, he had been avoiding her and it bothered her. She had a lot going on inside her and she had to get her answers.

"One minute you're everywhere, always around me and another minute you don't turn up for days? What is this fucking game that you're playing? Because I'm tired now. You started avoiding me after that bridge incident, I tried to be okay about it. But then you show up at Liam's party, dance with me and leave me on the dance floor? What am I, Arthur? Am I a game for you to play?" She couldn't control her angry mind. "I know whatever I confessed that night must've been hard for you, maybe you wanted to stay away. But if you did - why the fuck did you dance with me?"

He took a step closer to her, not wanting to scare her away. He took her hand which she pulled away. "Don't. Don't touch me." She glared at him. "Don't you dare stand here and say two words then leave me hanging again?"

"I'm not -"

"I'm not done yet." She clenched her teeth. "What were you even thinking? Five men Arthur, five guys hurt you and you just didn't bulge? What are you made of? Where are your emotions? Didn't you feel anything? Hurt, anger. What the actual fuck."

She paced back and forth, not being able to understand why Arthur would not defend himself. She knew he was very well capable of standing up for himself.

She again looked at him and another tear fell. "Look at yourself, Arthur. The video sent chills down my spine. How could you not throw even a single punch?"

"Because I fucking couldn't." He yelled. She let out a laugh, annoying him even more. "You will never understand, Alyssa. I do have feelings, I have my emotions and that I why, I decided not to fight back. But you'll never understand."

She huffed at him. "Of course, because I'm a stupid rock? I have no brain? I did lose my memory not my thinking power, you asshole."

He couldn't stand there anymore and let her shout at him. He was angry at her but he couldn't do anything about it. What could he say anyway? He couldn't tell her the truth.

He grabbed her by her shoulder and shook her. "Exactly Alyssa, you lost your fucking memory. How do I explain anything beyond that?"

She was unable to understand him. He let go of her arm and took a step back from her. "You should leave, it's getting late."

She opened her mouth to speak, but only anger and hurt filled her heart.

"I assume you walked here?" He asked her. "You shouldn't have. I saw Neil's message and did reply saying I was okay. You should've waited for him to convey the message to you. It's late now, I should drop you home."

"With that leg?" She asked. She only wanted to be heartless at the moment. "No thank you. I'll walk home. I don't want to hurt you any more than I already have."

He sighed.

"I hope you get well soon and next time, ask that woman - not to lie to anyone. I know you didn't want to see me, but I was worried. But you look completely fine in your head. These physical injuries will heal soon, take care of your inner health."

Saying that she turned back - no longer she stood in his ground and started walking on the road, wiping one after another tear as they continuously rolled down her eyes. She felt, even more, colder now that she was crying in the chilling weather of December.

One thing she realized right at the moment was that Arthur was never okay with her. There was something between them, for sure - they must've had a past. All the thoughts about the possibility sickened her.

Is that really the matter?

"Exactly Alyssa, you lost your fucking memory."

His words kept ringing in her head. There was so much pain in his voice while he said that. She wanted to know what bothered him. Ever since she met him, they never had one proper conversation. There was always this homely aura yet everything was awkward between them. She could never figure him out.

Arthur stood there, trying to understand whatever happened right there. He didn't expect her to walk all the way to check upon him. He didn't even know if she knew about his accident. When he woke up in the hospital, Jordan showed him the video and he prayed for Alyssa to not see it. Clearly, she did, but he could never guess her reacting this way.

Turning back, he was ready to head inside when he found her already having her eyes on him, furious with whatever she saw.

She took a walk to him and he knew he was doomed.

"Not now, mom. Please." He was tired of everything. He had a long day and didn't want to argue about anything.

"Is it ever the time to talk about what that girl does?" The anger in her eyes worried him.

"She was worried about me. She might've seen the video and only wanted to know about my health." In Alyssa's defence, he declared. His mother scoffed.

"You were asked to take a rest. But look at you, one call of that girl and you forgot about your bruises."

He shut his eyes in annoyance.

"What is it, Arthur? Why can't you let her go?" The desperation in his mother's voice made him open his eyes.

"You know why, mother. You, of all people - should know why."

"And you know I don't like her. Never did in the past. It was your decision in the past that is making us pay every single day for her sins."

"She has nothing to do with anything. Alyssa is innocent."

"Don't you fucking dare, Arth." His mother took a step closer to him. "You don't get to stand on this ground and defend her. Have you forgotten the promise that you made me?" She gave him an eye wiping away a tear from her cheek.

He remembered every word.

"I told you - "

"I know. I know, okay. Please just stop reminding me that promise every moment." He was fed up with his mother's threats.

"That promise will keep you out of trouble. That girl brings danger. Have we not suffered enough? What else do we lose now? We have lost enough, Arth. We can't lose you." A tear fell from her eyes. She shivered. The jacket that Arthur brought for Alyssa, he handed it to his mother but she refused.

"You're not losing me, mom. I'm not going anything."

"You're already very farther away from me, son. I don't see you anymore, you're never home. You avoid me - you make me look like the villain here."

"I don't - "

"I understand you had a past with her. But just forget her as she forgot you. Can you not do that for the family, for me? She begged him. "For my sweetheart." And she broke down completely. She had a lot in her heart and seeing her son with Alyssa broke her, angered her. But she also knew what Alyssa meant to her son.

He took her hand in his and rubbed her palm. "I love you mom, but please -" She met her eyes with her son and she knew what he wanted to say but couldn't. She knew it was impossible to keep him away from Alyssa. Even if he had made a promise, she knew he would break it. So she only had one way of breaking his heart and keeping him away from Alyssa. It hurt her to bring that pain to him but it was the only way.

So she said that one thing which she never thought that she would. He loved his mother dearly and he would've never thought of her saying those words to him. If words could hurt someone badly, her words were one.

"Sometimes you make me wonder if you're my child. You make me doubt it." With saying that, she took her hand away from his. "Please don't make me have second thoughts about anything, Arthy. I love you and I cannot ever hate you. Please - just don't ever forget the troubles we have been through to have you."

She walked back into the house that was right next to his, she left him alone in the cold night, his heart ached by her words. A tear escaped his eyes - for Alyssa, for his mother, for the promise made, for himself.

He walked back into his house and in the room, he only wanted to shut his eyes and forget everything but not everyone had the immunity to forget everything. In a way, he considered Alyssa lucky - because he knew that her past has only caused her pain, so it was good that she forgot a few years or else she could never have lived her life beyond a few months. But the way she forgot everything, cost him a lot as well. Their lives changed in such a manner that he couldn't be there to help her and she didn't even remember if she ever would need his help in the first place.

Both lost their lives in one night and they beg to retain everything that they had.

Trying to sleep, he shut his eyes but could only be wandered back to the memories of her.

"You're lucky you have two birthdays." She laughed to lighten the air around them. He gave her an eye.

"It's not funny, Maeve. I never wanted to have two birthdays. You think I enjoy this?"

Her smile faded away, she was worried about him. Since the moment he had confessed his truth to her, she was bothered. The secret of his life, that he had kept away from all people, he knew he had to share it with her. He couldn't keep the truth away from her.

"I know you don't. I'm not making fun of you. I'm just trying to lighten your mood, Arthur. You know I can't see you like this. I know it's a lot to take in and I'm honoured to have known your truth. But this changes nothing between us. You're still the same boy for me. Your name has nothing to do with it. Your past can never change our present." She took his hand in her and made circles in his palm to calm him down. He had his eyes on the few stars that were visible in the dull night.

She sighed and made him look at her. "Do I look like I'm in the mood to joke?" She asked him.

"Your mood swings always surprise me." He rolled his eyes. She let out a chuckle.

"Okay fine. Now that you've talked about mood swings - I think I have something to confess as well."

He was now concentrated on her. The seriousness in her face worried him.

"Arthur or Kyle, I don't care. You are and will always be my Pookie." Then she pinched his nose. He huffed.

"You're such a drama queen, Maeve."

"Well, between the two - one has to be the charmer. You're always dull."

"The night you met me, I don't think I was in my dullest moment." He gave her a challenging eye. She surrendered her hand in defence.

"Look how far we've come. Through the night we met." She declared and rested her head on his shoulder as they watched the beautiful sky together.

Turning on the other side of the bed, he let the tear roll down his eyes. He knew it was going to be another sleepless night. His wounds hurt him, his head ached, but along with everything - his heart brought him the most pain. He was forced to think about all the nights spent with her, every moment shared, each memory bringing the same melancholic sorrow to make him think -

How far they've come.

▪▪▪

Hi guys.

I hope y'all are doing good.
I had a lot going on - I was about to update in the mid of January, but then I lost my grandfather on the 13th. It's been a month today and I miss him, a lot.
I hope he is all right, up in heaven.

I was with my family and then I had exams. So, now I'm back at updating. I had a lot planned for the chapter, but my mind wasn't in the right zone.

I hope y'all like the chapter.

And and and - let me know if you liked the flashback. It says a lot about Arthur's past which will be revealed soon. So stay tuned.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

90.4K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
8.4K 396 7
After his failed suicide attempt, Kellin just wants to do everything right this time. He's planned it all out, scheduled everything, and now all he h...
The Girl Who Jumped karlee :) द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

101K 3.6K 29
I stood on the edge of the rooftop. My eyes closed and my mind free. I'm ready. Now is the time. I could feel my breath quickening, Breathe in, Breat...
51.6K 4.8K 62
A featured story by Teen Fiction! Highest Rank: #15 in Short Story 1st place winner of: The Mystical Awards!!!! Watties Retry Awards Winner! Featured...