Building Virtues [Completed✔]

Par PiscesPleasure

They say chastity is a virtue, but virtues are just old antiquated rules put in place to keep girls virgins b... Plus

Copyrights and Expectations
Alpha Luna
When in Rome
Lost his Luna
To Be Determined
She-Wolves
Disrespect
Shocked
A Good Time
Perfect Opportunity
Forever Mate
Forbidden Juices
Garden of Eden
Run Errands
Grocery Store
Quietly
Pet Name
Festival
Spend the Night
Make it Worse
Chance
Make Up
Separate Ways
Sick to her Stomach
Vanished
Deep Exhale
Will Ever Know
Bitter Sorrow
Wolf Glory and Heartache
Bubble of Bliss
Good Faith and Moonlight
More at Home
Hands to Themselves
Meeting of the Minds
Mi Amor
Different Reasons
Shot Clock
When
Pride & Admiration
The Main Event
Waging War
Rogue
Save Her
Into Eternal Darkness
Building Virtues

The Havens

364 38 25
Par PiscesPleasure

After the debacle with her parents and distancing herself from them for two months, Eden unfortunately is summoned to their room again.

"Good afternoon, mom and dad. Yes?"

Speaking blandly, she takes a seat in the living room space.

"C'mon, Edee. Still, love?" Her father almost pleads with her in regards to her formalities.

"Eden, we're sorry. You know that right? It's just the way things have to be. Do you know how scared I was to leave River Run when your father and I were arranged?"

"Um, can you guys please just tell me why I'm here? I really don't care anymore, respectfully. It is what it is."

"Um, OK. Well Alpha Scott and Luna Asia contacted us this morning, and they would like to start the process. They would like you to move in by this weekend."

Feeling as if an invisible fist knocked the wind out of her, Eden inhales, it's more of a gasp than a breath. Probably to keep from passing out. Her eyes begin burning as her tear ducts work overtime like a factory worker, to increase tear production.

As her throat tightens, she gulps down the saliva that's consistency is more likened to glue than spit. She knew it would be soon, but she thought she at least had about three more months to really come to terms with everything. But no once again she's just being thrust into someone else's ideal plans for her life.

"OK. Excuse me."

Abruptly almost leaping to her feet, she tunes her parents' call of her name out as she speed walks to her room; before the tears start.

"Bentley, I'm so afraid I'm gonna lose my daughter! She hates us, Benny."

"Shh, E. It's just gonna take time."

"I-.I hope so because I can't lose my baby!"

Crumbling into her husband's arms Elise cries wreak havoc on her petite caramel brown figure. As her handsome chocolate husband brushes her thick voluminous sleek hair away from her face, she cries even harder. The reason behind the onslaught of tears is because she's petrified. Absolutely petrified that Eden may not receive that same tender gentleness and love.

That immeasurable amount of consideration and admiration from the man that is supposed to be her other half. To know the moon goddess made this beautiful almost perfect daughter for them, only for her to be doomed to a loveless marriage is eating Elise alive.

"B?"

"Yes my love?"

"Do we really have to do this? Like-. Like what if we can keep the treaty and have Eden and Rome talk it out. Like who's to say he wants to be married! What if they just keep the treaty and don't get married?! Bentley, I can't make my baby go through with this!"

"Elise, baby I wish. I even danced around that at our monthly Allied Alphas Conference and Scott is not going for it. I mean shit, Rome was at the A.A.C and he didn't seem to object to the arrangement. And if he did, his poker face is impeccable. Mama the war we would have to fight would destroy so many innocent lives if we pulled out from a half millennium old treaty, it wouldn't just affect us. And I know it seems like we're sacrificing Edee' happiness, but like you said before there has to be a reason for it. Something positive. I'm praying."

" I just hate this."

Snuggling into Bentley's chest, Elise sniffles sadly.

Before Eden knows it a week has flown by. The house help has packed all her belongings and her room looks like a baron guest room. Barely a trace of her and definitely void of her personality and beautiful flare. Walking down the stairs to the car the Haven's have sent, Eden stops in the kitchen. Opening her arms to her, Elise waits for Eden to allow her to engulf her in a bone crushing hug.

"I love you so much my little cherub. No matter what mommy is always here. Please let me know if you need or want me. I am only a two hour car ride away. God I'm gonna miss you."

"I know and I love you too ma."

"Baby please don't hate me." Bursting into tears, Elise strokes Eden's cheek.

"I don't hate you, ma. I'm ju-." Exhaling deeply Eden shakes her head to ward off her tears. "I don't hate you." Unable to speak without her emotions getting in the way, she hugs and kisses her mother one last time. Moving onto her father, she hugs him as well.

"I love you so much, my brave girl. And just like mommy said if there is anything that you need at all, you just call us and we'll come running."

"I know guys." Nodding somberly, Eden pokes her lip out before hugging her younger brother.

"I think I might miss you the most, Braxy!" 
Finally giving into the alluring call of her tears, Eden latches onto her little brother's waist.

"I know and I"m pissed cause I just got you back! You only been back for two years. I swear this shit is mad wack and now you're leavin and movin away for good. I swear E, if he hurts you I'ma kill him. alpha or not." Braxton whispers through her cashmere soft curly pineapple that is situated at the crown of her head.

"I know and I love you so much. If you weren't gonna take over our pack I'd tell you to come with me!"

"I wish, Edee."

"Me too. I love you, Braxy. Give them hell!"

"You already know!"

Waving to them as she exits to the car, she blows her mother a kiss as she stands broken hearted at the glass door.

Once inside the car, Eden literally cries herself to sleep. No amount of good things said about the family, their estate, pack members, or just her impending union in general shared by the driver are of any assistance to her depressed mood. As far as Eden is concerned this is her death sentence to be cast away in a loveless, untrue, inorganic marriage. And being that wolves live a very long time, Eden is for the first time in her life dreading being a wolf. 

"Ms.Lightfoot, darling we're here."

"Huh?" Rubbing her dry sandpaper like eyes, Eden sits up and stretches. "Oh, um thank you, Mr. Gary."

Taking the older man's hand she steps out of the large black luxury SUV. Looking around, she sees no welcoming party, no family or pack members to greet her and welcome her to their pack. Shaking her head in disgust she follows Gary to the door. 

"Alright Ms.Lightfoot, Dahlia will take it from here. Nice meeting you and best wishes, darling."

"Thank you so much Mr. Gary. And have a wonderful evening. And from now on just Eden will do." Smiling softly she pats his hand.

"Oh I could never. Not my future Luna and not just any Luna but my Alpha Luna." Winking at her he smiles.

"Oh please, I am Eden first, Mr. Gary. So you call me as such." Nodding to Eden Gary makes his exit as she turns her attention to Dahlia. "Good evening, nice to meet you." 

"No truly the honor is mine! Moon Goddess you are gorgeous! I know they said you were pretty, but wow!"

"Aww thank you. You're beautiful as well." 

And it's a true compliment, the fair skinned maid is very beautiful.

"So would you like a tour or to be shown your room?"

"My room, please."

"Of course." Smiling Dahlia leads Eden to her room. "Hope it suits your expectations."

"It's beautiful."

Smiling Eden looks around her new abod. It's utterly stunning. The sprawling platform bed that is surely larger than a king sized bed is adorned in feminine sequin linen that matches the throw pillows. Even the art on the walls is beautiful and delicate.

"Luna did a beautiful job, didn't she?" Watching Eden nod pleasantly, Dahlia smiles. "Watch this."

Clicking a button on the wall, Eden watches as the magnificent platform bed begins rising into the air on an industrial suspension system. It's like a secret hideout that reveals something Eden's wildest imagination wouldn't have even conjured up.

Her eyes make a beeline to the cloud soft velvet berry colored sofa in her own sunken living room. The full wrap around couch is massive. As the transformation is complete the bed disappears fully into the ceiling and the spacious living area boasts a flat screen TV small kitchenette and wall length glass fireplace.

"Oh my gosh! This is wild!"

"Yeah, Luna went all out to make you comfortable. You know since you and alpha haven't ever met she didn't want to rush anything or make you feel uncomfortable."

"Yeah." Answering somberly, Eden just looks about the room.

"Future Luna I am so sorry. I meant no harm. My mom always tells me about running my big mout-."

"It's ok, Dahlia. No need to be weird about it, everyone knows the situation. It's unconventional and not something our kind does often so its like taboo and I just happen to be at the center of it. No need to apologize. It's new to me too." Smiling reassuringly, Eden sits on the couch.

"Well again, please accept my apology and I'll leave you be. If you want your bed back just click this switch down. I'll be seeing you."

"Thank you. Oh, Dahlia?"

"Yes?"

"Is there somewhere I'm supposed to meet them? Do they even know I'm here?"

"Yes, alpha made the arrangements so he knows. Umm, how about this. I give you about an hour or two just to wind down and then tell him you arrived?"

"That is perfect actually. I have some calls to make. Thank you so much."

"Of course. And again welcome." Waving, Dahlia exits.

Pulling out her phone Eden calls Lily.

"Bitch! You left without me seeing you again! Por que(Why)?!"

"Cause we were a crying disaster yesterday! I couldn't be looking a puffy eyed mess when I got here! Plus I couldn't say goodbye to you. I miss you so much!"

"Yo se(I know), mami. I cried so hard when I got to your house and tu no eres aqui!(You weren't here)"

"I know. I literally cried myself to sleep on that stupid ass ride."

"Ayy, me muneca!(my doll!)"

"Oh my God, sad shit aside before I cry again! Bitch you know his rude ass arranged for me to come this early and he didn't even greet me!"

"QUEEEE?!(Whaaat)"

"YES! Lily nooooobody! Not his parents, him, shit not even an assistant! I was greeted and brought to my room by a really nice home employee."

"A what?!"

"A maid! I just hate that word!"

"I know I was fuckin with you!" Laughing boisterously, Lily's infectious laughter makes Eden laugh as well. "And bitch she only play nice, we don't trust them hoes! Pero(but) anyway, so a helper showed you ya dungeon?!"

"Ahaha! Ya so damn stupid! But yes Lils, you're right. Oh my gosh accept the video you gotta see this dope shit!" 

Switching to video Eden shows Lily her magical secret bedroom features. They laugh and play on the phone to attempt to keep Eden's spirits up.

"So you nervous or what? I heard his ass is like lickable kinda gorgeous. Like mouth wateringly delicious!" Moaning, Lily sticks her tongue at Eden.

"Eww! I truly don't care. I heard nothing good about Rome Haven and this little stunt of bringin me here and acting like he's too important to meet me is bullshit."

"Si, es verdad! (Yes, that's right) He's wack for that. Like boy bye, your time is honestly more valuable than his. Shit check ya invoices for a sketch and design!"

"Ooookuuurr!" As they laugh wildly Eden hears a knock on the door. "Hold on Lils, someone is at the door."

"Ok, I'll mute my shit but I wanna hear what happens. Just in case I gotta pull receipts and bust some ass for my baby!"

"God I don't know what I'd do without you!"

"Ya tu sabe!(You already know)"

Opening the door hesitantly, Eden peeks out at the disturbance. Standing in front of her door is a beautiful caramel full figured woman with bountiful curls. Her hourglass figure accentuated in her multicolored shifting sequin wrap dress.

"Hello?"

"Oh my moon goddess! You are even more gorgeous than when you were little! I know you don't remember me, but I'm Asia. Rome's mother!"

"Hi, I'm Ed-."

"Eden, I know beautiful! Ahhh, I'm so excited to finally have some female energy in all this testosterone! I am so sorry about not receiving you. I was giving a conference for our single pack mothers in honor of mental health awareness and self care month. I had no idea Rome arranged for you to arrive while it was still running. So I am extremely sorry about that. I'll definitely talk to him about it. Have you met anyone yet?"

"No need it's alright. Just Mr.Gary and Dahlia. But they were wonderful and made sure I was comfortable."

"Ok, ok wonderful. So you just got here right?"

"Bitch tell the truth!" Lily mindlinks her since she's still muted.

"I agree, he wants to play? Then let's play!" Nile, Eden's wolf pipes up.

"Uh, I had a few hours to get accomodated to my room. Thank you by the way, its phemon-."

"Hold on, you've been here for HOURS like with an 's' and no one has come to check on you?" Asia shakes her head and blinks in disgust.

"Yes ma'am. I mean I did ask Dahlia for some time alone."

"Yes, sweetheart I understand that I do, but Rome should have greeted you. At the very least. But I'm gonna go find him. If you'd excuse me I'm gonna go find my son. I'll see you in about 20 minutes in the great hall. I'll link Dahlia to take you. Again nice seeing you and I"m beyond ecstatic that you're finally here." Giving Eden a brief hug, Asia sashays away in pure anger.

"BIIIITTTCCCCHHH! His mama bought to set fuego to that fine ass!" Lily screams after unmuting herself.

"Shit! I didn't expect her to be pissed like that!"

"Oh well! Su hijo es una pena!(Her son is a dick!"

"True that! But my love I gotta get ready for this shit show."

"PLEASE call me and tell me all about it! POR FAVORRRR!"

"Of course! Te amo!(I love you)"

"Te amo, mucho!(I love you, more)"

Ending the call, Eden texts her parents to let them know she is there safely and will call them after the meeting. 

"Future Luna, are you ready?"

"Yeah, but please call me Eden. I hate the titles and formalities."

"I can't. House rules."

"No, my parents named me Eden, not Luna. Please address me as such. We're probably the same age, that's like callin me miss!"

"OK, but only in private."

"Deal. Lead the way, please."

"Yes ma'am, Eden!" Dahlia giggles. "By the way your dress is everything!"

"Thank you. My mom made it." Touching the soft silk fabric, Eden smiles sadly.

"That's right, Luna Elise has her own clothing line for she-wolves, right?!"

"Yeah, it makes it easier for us to shift. There's a lot of zippers, snaps, open exposed skin, and elastic!" Eden giggles, unable to hold in the laugh while describing her mother's clothing adaptations for their species. 

"That is amazing! I gotta see if I can afford that cause she is doin everything with the designs I've seen some of the she wolves around here wear."

"Well I'll let her know she has a true fan."

"Please do, she is extremely talented. But this is it. We're here. Good luck."

"Thank you."

Taking a deep breath, Eden shakes off her nerves and pushes open the massive ornately carved doors of the great hall. Right there lined up in front of her like the royal family is her new pack family, The Havens.

_________________

Thoughts?🐺
💗A.J

Cast:
Taraji P. Henson as Elise Lightfoot

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

567K 17.2K 71
Highest Ranking: #1 in werewolf [13/06/2023] #1 in revenge [29/07/19] #1 in alpha [13/06/2023] #1 in luna [13/06/2023] #1 in paranormal [04/08/19] #...
120K 3.3K 89
🏅#1 badassfemalelead (oct 2023) 🏅 #5 seductive (nov 2023) #1 seductive (nov 2023) 🏅 #1 greenflag (nov 2023) 🏅#1 #3 beautifulfemalelead (nov...
144K 6.2K 58
Book 1 of The Secrets of Spiritwood - Complete Carter Jones had spent her entire life in Spiritwood, until the day her father finds himself in hot wa...
7.8K 403 44
She's been drugged, kidnapped, and brought to a place she doesn't recognize. And she's smiling. After all, what is there to fear when you're the daug...