The March Cousin! ➼︎ [Little...

By bonbonsandbooks

Beth March has passed on. Amy is to travel to Europe with Aunt March. Jo is going to stay home to home to hel... More

The March Cousin! [Little Women]
Disclaimer|Copyrights:
Chapter 1 ➼︎ Ginger Cake!
Chapter 2 ➼︎ Poetry
Chapter 4 ➼︎ Meg's Wedding Day!
Chapter 5 ➼︎ Artistic Attempts!
Chapter 6 ➼︎ Amy's Party!
Chapter 7 ➼︎ Lazy Laurie
Chapter 8 ➼︎ Long Letters
Chapter 9 ➼︎ Courtship
Chapter 10 ➼︎ White Gloves
Fun Facts:
Author Note:
Chapter 11 ➼︎ Baby Blessings!
Chapter 12 ➼︎ Facing The Facts
Chapter 13 ➼︎ Needing Answers
Chapter 14 ➼︎ Nurse Fiona!
Author Note:
Author Note
Chapter 15 ➼︎ Saying Goodbye
Chapter 16 ➼︎ Trains
Chapter 17 ➼︎Books
Chapter 18 ➼︎ Professors
Chapter 19 ➼ Wedding Dresses
Chapter 20 ➼ Story Time
Chapter 21 ➼ Wedding Plans

Chapter 3 ➼︎Teddy!

263 15 2
By bonbonsandbooks

[Author Note: In this chapter it will give more detail to what Fiona's sheltered life was like over seas. Then in the next chapter will be of Meg & John's wedding as well as Laurie telling Jo his true feelings for her.]

Dedication: CandiceMichele

Chapter 3~Teddy!

I was in the kitchen helping Hannah make something for tonight's dinner. I was really enjoying cooking here at home. We had a cook in my home, I never was able to cook in our kitchen.

So this was new for me. And Hannah enjoyed teaching me how to cook. Though I felt I was not very good at it. I hoped I did not burn everything that we made today. I had flour all over my hands. I was sweating in the kitchen.

I never had a job or worked in my life. This was work. I liked getting dirty. Sweaty. I could not help but smile and wonder what my mother would think of me.

I had to learn how to cook if I were to get a husband. Men liked it when women cooked. I knew this. And I wanted to cook for my family. Not just hire help for them.

I get the rolls out of the oven. And set them on the table. They were a perfect golden brown. I was pleased with the out come. I did it!

All on my own to. Well with Hannah's help. Next Meg was going to set the table. I wanted to see how to fold the napkins like swans. I loved to learn.

•✿︎︎•

"You, did perfect today, Fiona! It smells wonderful in here" praises Hannah.

"Thank you! That means a lot coming from you Hannah" I say feeling pleased.

"You should have been there Fiona! We had such a grand time today" Jo speaks loudly as she comes in the room.

"Should have saw what Jo?" I mutter.

"I went fishing with Teddy today. I caught more fish than he or Mr. Brooke" she brags happily.

"Jo did you make sure to leave the smelly things outside?" worries Meg.

"I did not bring them in. Teddy will get them ready for us and tomorrow we shall have a fish fry" Jo declares joyfully.

"Sounds splendid" says Hannah. "I can teach Fiona how to fry a fish in batter"

"I would love to learn" I say. I wipe flour on my apron from my hands.

"Why are you cooking so much in the kitchen? You could be with Teddy and myself" worries Jo.

"I like to learn. We had a cook. Mother never taught me how to cook anything" I explain.

"So you enjoy learning" Meg says. "A way to a man's heart is his stomach"

"If you want a man's heart" laughs Jo.

"You will one day child" warns Hannah with a smile.

"What is going on between you and Laurie? He thought I was you and he hugged me" I mention. Jo's cheeks turn a rosy red.

"Nothing of the sort is going on with Teddy and I! We are best friends that is all" she warns me. "do not get any silly notions in your head about us"

"Sorry" I chuckle.

"Well, that is what they claim anyway" jokes Meg.

"We are and nothing more. Besides Teddy is joining us for dinner tonight" points out Jo.

"To have dinner? But I cooked tonight. Can he come over another night?" I worry.

"I am sure you did wonderful. It smells divine in here" Meg tells me.

"It is only Teddy. No worries" says Jo.

•✿︎︎•

I sigh. I had a feeling something was going to go wrong tonight. I had to have ruined something and I did not know about it yet. I would find out at dinner while everyone was eating it.

Uncle and my aunt got home as soon as Meg was done setting the last plate on the table. Amy was with aunt March. So she was not joining us. She was helping auntie pack for their trip. Someone knocks on the door. They let Laurie inside.

"Everything looks so wonderful" my aunt praises me. She hugs me.

"I hope it tastes wonderful. This is the first time I ever cooked dinner" I whisper. "I was not expecting company."

John Brooke comes in with Laurie surprising Meg.

"Oh I am so happy you are here John" she exclaims as they hug at the door.

More people? Lovely.

"Pleasure to meet you at last Miss March" John says as he sticks his hand out for me to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Brooke. When is the wedding, Meg?" I ask.

"Seeing as Amy is leaving us soon the wedding is next week" Meg tells me. "maybe you can help with the cooking for it" she asks me.

"I would love to" I say. "I can help Hannah any way I can"

"Our Fiona cooks tonight's dinner" brags Jo to Laurie. Laurie looks over at me then smiles. My heart skips a beat.

Something about that smile. He was so handsome. Did Jo like Laurie? Was she hiding her feelings from everyone? Was there something going on between them?

I could not help but wonder.
Our eyes locked on each other as the others looked on.

•✿︎︎•

"Is that so? I am sure I will love dinner tonight then" jokes Laurie.

"I hope so Mr. Laurence. If I did not burn anything" I laugh.

"Please call me Laurie" he reminds me.

"You may call me John. We will get to know each other. We will be family" points out Mr. Brook.

"Alright then John and Laurie" I answer back.

"Call him Teddy" teases Jo.

Laurie was blushing a bit.

"Only you call me Teddy" he whispers. They all laugh.

"Dinner is ready. Come have some" Hannah cheerfully tells us.

We all are seated. Jo makes sure I am seated beside Laurie. And John is at my other side. Meg is seated on John's other side. Then Jo was seated in front of Laurie. We were to hold hands, to pray before dinner.

"My lady!" tease Laurie as he holds his hand out to me.

Then I take John's hand to. Laurie's hand was warm as his hand embraces mine gently. I could not peak out over at him. My cheeks flamed a blush in them. My aunt prayed this time.

•✿︎︎•

"Amen!" we all said at the same time.

I quickly let go of Laurie's hand. Then we began to dish up our plates. Thankfully nothing was wrong. Nothing was burnt. Everyone was singing my praises. I could cook.

"So is this really the first time that you ever cooked?" wonders Laurie.

I nod. "We had a cook. They cooked for me. I never once learned how to in the kitchen back home" I reply.

"I must say you did just fine" brags John.

"Better than my cooking?" worries Meg.

"No dear" he laughs. He kisses her cheek.

Meg smiles looking pleased.

After dinner Laurie helps me clear the table with Hannah. I felt so shy around him. Though everyone in the family seemed to be at ease with him. I knew in time he would grow on me. And we would be grand friends.

•✿︎︎•

"Fiona?"

"Yes Laurie?" I ask once he was alone in the kitchen with me. Hannah was in the other room visiting with the others.

"I sure am sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I would like to start over with you" worries Laurie.

"Laurie there is nothing to forgive. I have moved past all that. I would like to be friends. Jo talks often of you. I feel as if I know you already" I joke. "but all teasing aside. I do want to get to know you better" I offer my friendship.

"Thank you, Fiona! I begged Jo to let me come over for dinner. So, we may have this chance to talk and we did. I feel so much better now" he gratefully tells me. "I just felt bad about how we met"

"I did to. I dreaded seeing you again tonight I will admit. But things went really well. We are good" I say with a smile.

"I knew it! You two are going to be the best of friends! See Teddy, I told you to talk to her" brags Jo. She comes in then hugs us both and I laugh.

"Dessert. I better get it. I baked a cake tonight. Hannah taught me. I will get the coffee going or do you perfer tea?" I worry.

"Marmee loves tea. Father wants coffee" says Jo.

"I love my coffee as well" answers Laurie.

"I will be right in with you all" I say. I get the coffee going then get plates for the cake to be served.

I think Jo leaves once I was done making the coffee. But Laurie was still right by my side.

•✿︎︎•

"Here allow me" he says.

He helps me serve the others. He was quite the gentleman. He had such good manners. Laurie and I serve the food.

"Oh Fiona this is wonderful cake" brags Meg.

"Glad you approve" I chuckle as we soon dig into it.

"It really is grand" Laurie tells me. He was sitting beside me. Jo on my other side.

I blush at his praises.

He winks at me. Then smiles. My heart flutters again. I smile back.

Tonight, was a dear diary moment. I was enjoying living with my family. Finally getting to know them all after all these years.

It was such a blessing.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 27.5K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
117K 5.8K 55
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
960K 36.4K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...