Revenge!!!

By fragrance-aryan123

•||UNEDITED||• 🥇#1 Mythological 14/05/2021 🥇#1 Bhishma. 19/05/2021 🥇#1 Amba 🥇#1 Ganga 🥇#1 Re-incar... More

Author's note
Prologue
1. Changing Fates
2. A marriage to be arranged
3. Invitations-I
4. Invitations-II
New cover
5. Blast from the past-I
6. Blast from the past-II
7. Blast from the past-III
8. Back to the future
9. The Arrival of the Guests
10. When Past met Future
11. Mission Impossible
12. Feast and Festivity- I
13. Feast and Festivity II
14. A Vow for a Vow- I
15. A Vow for A Vow- II
16. Day 1- Revenge Reloaded-I
17. Day 1- Revenge Reloaded- II
18. Day1- Temptation-I
19. Day1 - Temptation-II
20. Day1- Bachelorette Party
21. Day2- Insanity-I
22. Day2- Insanity-II
23. Day2- Defiance
24. Day2- Racing hearts-I
25. Day2- Racing hearts-II
26. Day2- Bonding-I
27. Day2- Bonding-II
28. Day2- Tilak ceremony
29. Day3- Falling in, Falling out-I
30. Day3- Falling in, Falling out-II
Ashtavasu, Birth of Bheeshma etc
31. Day 3- Falling in, Falling out-III
32. Day3- Breaking Strings-I
33. Day3- Breaking Strings-II
34. Day3- Breaking Strings III
35. Day3- Shiva-Parvati Pujan
36. Day4- Melting hearts-I
37. Day4- Melting hearts-II
38. Day 4- Melting hearts- III
39. Day4- Melting hearts- IV
40. Day4- Mehendi ceremony- I
41. Day4- Mehendi ceremony- II
42. Day4- Super-bonding-I
43. Day 4- Super-bonding-II
44. Day 4- Super-bonding-III
45. Day4- Super-bonding- IV
46. Day4- Super-bonding- V
47. Day 5- Sweet dreams
48. Day 5- Just friends-I
49. Day 5- Just friends-II
51. Day 5- Sangeet ceremony
52. Day 6- Love's ire-I
53. Day 6- Love's ire-II
54. Day 6- Love's Ire-III
55. Day 6- Love's Desire-I
56. Day 6- Love's Desire-II(Haldi ceremony)

50. Day 5- Just friends-III

470 49 9
By fragrance-aryan123

Posting double chapters.
♥️♥️♥️

***
Shikha and Nakul started their ruse for making jealous their so-called stubborn partners Gangaputra and Karenumati respectively.

Seeing the progress, both of them get excited. Shikha and Nakul readied their performance in such a short time.

It wasn't even noon when they made clear about their performance for the evening.

Before starting the preparation of the Sangeet, Shikha went to get a peek at Gangaputra. He was as usual busy with the arrangements. Doesn't this man know when to stop? Everything is absolutely amazing and yet he still bothers himself looking after everything. Her 'crazy big guy'!

But does she want him to change? Absolutely not. He is perfect the way he is.

Sometimes she fiercely feels like giving a warm tight hug to him, for no reason. He annoyed her the most yet she felt bemused by all his antics. She smiled.

And at the same time Gangaputra looked at her. He also gave her a smile. Shikha's heart skipped a beat. How does he do that?! Does this guy know about his own charm?

Gangaputra approaches her. He haven't seen her for sometime today and he already was missing her. She is in the same palace, he told himself... but still... he missed her. How and when did it happen?

Gangaputra- How are you???
He asked her softly.

Shikha looked confused.
Shikha- we just met in the morning, Gangaputra and you are asking me, how am I??

Yes, he knew.
Gangaputra- Yep. Still how are you???

He shrugged his shoulders. And the angavastra tilted a little bit showing the "Om pendant chain" Shikha have given to him. He was wearing it.

Shikha was devastated. She was utterly pleased that he was wearing the gift SHE gave it to him. Did she really wants to make him jealous? Yes. She is. This is going to be her last move. She is going to checkmate him. She is actually loving the game they are playing.

And whatever game they are playing, she will put an end to it afterwards. She will tell him everything about her past and also about her current feelings.
But today she is on a mission. To make him jealous. Let him be on his own for now and in the evening ceremony she will do her performance.

She behaved like she is still mad at him.

Shikha- I'm absolutely fine my dear 'friend'.

She emphasized on the word friend and said it with a little sarcasm.

Gangaputra bit his cheeks so that he won't laugh out louder. She is still mad at him. Let her be. For now only. Afterwards, he will make everything alright.

Gangaputra- Good. Now I have to go. Pranipaat.

He left from there deliberately, to see more of the preparation. Leaving his 'silly little kitten' fuming in anger.
***

Satyavati saw Bheeshma preparing for the arrangements. She shook her head. When will this boy take rest?

She spoke to him exaggeratedly.
Satyavati- Bheeshma, everything is absolutely amazing. You don't need to look after everything every moment.

Bheeshma smiled.
Bheeshma- Pranipaat maata. I'm just looking after it. It's my work. That's all.

Satyavati sighed.
Satyavati- you don't have to work all the time. You too have your own life. Go, enjoy it.

He chuckled.
Bheeshma- I enjoy doing this only, maata.

Satyavati- Seriously... And what about your new passion???

He asked ignorantly.
Bheeshma- Passion?! What passion???

Satyavati talked casually.
Satyavati- Don't act as if I don't about it.

Bheeshma- Maata, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Satyavati- Alright. I like Shikha too. Why are you not making any move to win her???

Bheeshma felt a little bit off-centered. (It was still the Dvapar yug by the way).

Bheeshma- Win her??? She is not a prize. She's a woman and I respect her.

Satyavati- Of course, that came out in a wrong way. But the thing is why are you not approaching her? You have already broken your vow.

Bheeshma spoke calmly but inside he was feeling a tumult of emotion. Because whenever the subject of his vow come, he felt like trapped in a self made shackles, which was far stronger than any iron-shackle.

Bheeshma- You have released me from my vow, not that I have broken it. Why are you saying these all now???

Satyavati- well today is sangeet, tomorrow haldi and day after tomorrow the wedding. She would be gone in 2 days. Shikha's mother is trying to find a prospective groom for Shikha too; as Panchali's groom, that is Arjun is now selected.

Bheeshma looked out of the window.
Bheeshma- Maata, let's not talk about it right now. I need time.

Satyavati knew. That's why she was pushing him. She kept her hand on his arm and said softly.

Satyavati- You know you like her, maybe love her? Don't fight it, Bheeshma. Let her heal you.

Saying that, she walked out.

'She already has'. He murmured to himself. She has healed him alot.

Bheeshma was so ecstatic only now, why did his mother has to come and try to put his world upside down. Marriage is a big step. He wants to go in his own pace. Not forced by someone else. He doesn't want to repeat his mistake twice.

He went to his chamber and rested against an armchair. Closing his eyes, he reminisce his past. He didn't know when he fell asleep and was dreaming.

He was walking towards a river and at the far edge he saw a woman. She was sitting on the grassy bank of it and was dangling her feet in the water of the river few feet below. His heart gives a thud. Shikha. What is she doing here?

He approached her. And when she heard him coming, she turned to look at him. His heart gives another thud. It wasn't Shikha.

It was Amba.

And she was smiling up at him. She looked so young and carefree.

Bheeshma- Amba!

Bheeshma spoke hoarsely as if his voice has been jammed for so many years.

Smiling, Amba said to him.

Amba- Devvrat?! How are you???
Bheeshma was standing there stupefied. Is she real?

When he didn't answer she extended her hand towards him. He took it and helped her come onto her feet.

Amba tugged at his hand and together they walked a few feet away where a stone was laid on the ground. She sat on the smooth surface of the stone and bid him to sit with her. But he sat down on the lush grass down which made them in eye-level.

Both Amba and Bheeshma looked at each other. No one said anything. Then surprisingly, Amba put her hand softly on his cheek and he leaned on her touch, closing his eyes.

Amba asked him.
Amba- what's bothering you Devvrat???

Bheeshma opened his eyes. Only she called him Devvrat, he noticed. He tried to speak but words didn't come out from his mouth.

Amba- I know what bothering you by the way.

Amba smiled and stated as a matter of fact.

Bheeshma didn't know what to say. He put his head on her lap and encircled his arms around her. She caressed his soft hair tenderly. The gesture was comfortable as if they are at ease with each other for eons and eons(yugon se).
He really needed to speak to her.

Bheeshma- I'm sorry, Amba. What I did with you... You must still hate me?

Amba- Do I still hate you??? No, Devvrat. I don't. Just the opposite.
Bheeshma arms tightened a little bit. She was still caressing his head.

Amba- I have forgiven you a long time ago. Maybe I couldn't convince myself that I didn't hate you but it's the only thing which helped me to be connected with you. My anger was directed solely upon you... I hated you a lot because I loved you a lot. And I know that you loved me too.

He looked up at her. Shocked. But somewhere he knew it's meant to be. Until when he will lie to himself.

She now caressed his cheek. As if losing contact will lose him too.

Amba- We couldn't fight our destiny, Devvrat. It happened because it was meant to be happened.

Bheeshma felt a tug in his heart. He said with a sad voice.

Bheeshma- In some other world if I have the power and courage to do so, I would have changed what happened to you. I never wanted you to kill yourself.

Amba- It was either you or death, Devvrat. So, I chose what I could have.

Bheeshma- I wasn't worth it, Amba. You could have done me a favor by living. And take your anger and revenge on me, in whatever way you have wanted to do so. Alive.

Amba- I wish it could have been happened that way. But what would we have gained from it. Nothing. Then why not accept it.

Bheeshma- Only if I could.

Amba- Sure you can do it, Devvrat. You are still here. And I will always be with you. Here. In your heart.

She touched where his heart resided. He molded his hand above her hand.

Amba- And now I see there's someone else here too. Shikha.

She said in a teasing voice.

Bheeshma- You know about her?!

Amba- Of course I do. And don't give me that silly explanation that we're "Just friends". I will kill you and so will she.

They both shared a smile. Only two women in the world has the dare to threaten him like that.

Amba and Shikha. Both... So dear to his heart. So off limit to his life.

Bheeshma- I don't want to betray you or your memories. How can I give her those emotions which were rightfully yours? But I want to. I want to share all my secrets with her. I believe that she will always safeguard my secrets and emotions. It seems like I'm betraying you both. It's so confusing. I feel like letting her go and then I couldn't. She is a such a mystery I couldn't solve.

Amba- tell me about her???

Bheeshma told Amba everything about Shikha. From the day she entered the palace till now when she was trying her best not to beat him. 

Amba chuckled. He was animatedly talking like a teenager. After a while only he was talking and she was listening to him intently. He also told her about his conversation with Satyavati.

Bheeshma- Why are you silent? Say something.

Amba kissed his forehead.

Amba- You already have all the answers you need. Whatever you will choose, I will stand by with you.

That's not the answer he needed. He wants a clear cut answer. He maybe loves Shikha- everyone is saying like that- then why is he not able to take a step towards her?

Amba is the only one who could solve his dilemma. But instead, she confused him even further more.

Before he could ask her anything else, his reverie broke.
♥️♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 4.8K 64
It is a random fanfiction story of Drikshit. They are best friend. They have some unknown feelings. But can't understand what is that? They thought i...
5.7K 412 13
This is the continuation of the very wonderfully written story 'Elements of Fire' by the one and only 'Nimarna'. Read on, to find out the aftermath...
16.8K 551 65
We are going to see this story from the perspective of Kashi Princess Amba who longed to marry King Shantanu and Ganga Putra Bhism but was brutally r...
392K 23.4K 77
Drisana has always felt like she's in the wrong place, wrong time. Why? That has no answer. After her parents death, adventure lover Drisana has been...