Loving The Broken✓

By aishatu_humairah

Dreams Shattered, Ways blocked, hope lost, Everything comes crashing down. Painful past, hard present, an... More

A/N
1•The Burnt Food
2•The Nice Teacher
3•The Gift
4•Secret Concealed
5•Begining
6•Tears
7•Pain In Silence
8•Self Defense?
9•Garba
10•The Next Step
11•No where to be found
12•Habu
13•Maryama Maijiddah
14•The Visitor
15•Wedding
16•First Day in my Husband's House
17•Regret
18• Education is the key
19•New Home
20• First Day in Class
21• My In-Laws
22•The False Alibi
23• Throwback to the past
24•Second Trimester
25• Obstacle
26• Renewal
27• Holiday
28• Climax
29• The Begining of a New Life
30• Null and Void
31• A Visit to My Hometown
32• A Second Chance
33• Admission is Out!
34• Yusuf's POV
35• Rebuilding a Broken Trust
36•Mending Two Broken Hearts
37• Time Flies like an Arrow
39• Sencillo Lagos
40• Peace and Tranquility

38• My Jiddah

311 48 9
By aishatu_humairah

Not edited❕

Farouq's POV

     "Ango ka sha kamshi!" My Best friend Ameer exclaimed. "You're late" I glared at him. "It's traffic fah" he raised his hands. "Okay, So how do I look?" I grinned. "You look like Angon Jiddah" he teased and we all laughed.

   "Kai You guys should come inside fa, the imam is about to start" Kamal called our attention. We went inside the mosque and I sat behind Daddy while the Wedding fatiha started.

   We decided to shit the wedding back to two months after she graduated. I, My Dad, and Two of my Uncles went to Jiddah's village to discuss the wedding fatiha with her Uncle but he made a scene and said she's not his daughter and she'll never be so My Uncle said we should go to her Father's cousin if she has any. I called her and she told me his name and we went to meet him.

    So he's now her Waliy and will be the one to give us her hand in marriage. The Imam called the two waliys forward and asked them what they are here for, they both answered and Baba Audu, Jiddah's waliy layed down his own rules that all her feeding, clothing, health welfare, security, shelter will be my responsibilities from now hence forth. My Waliy accepted and handed over the sadaki which is N100,000, the Iman passed it to Baba Audu. It was acknowledged that the mahr has been payed and knot has been tied. The imam pronounced us as Husband and wife. We did some prayers and Namaz and that was when we became one.

    We exchanged greetings with families and well wishers and took some pictures too. We were about to take off to the city of kano when the carzy man arrived like he promised. I've been waiting for him too that's why we are here with some police officers. He was together with Jiddah's uncle.

     "Wait what's happening here?, Who dared to marry her off without my consent!, This marriage is not valid wallhi, this is the man I chose for her and he's the right person for her" Her Uncle attracted everyone's attention including the Imam. "Kaii Salmanu behave your self and don't cause any chaos here, You refused to give them her hand in marriage and they came to me, everything was done accordingly by me and our Imam here" her dad's cousin said and everyone nodded their head.

   "I don't care!, I don't care, I want him to divorce her right now, no one can have her apart from, I've been her husband right from time, why will someone come from no where and take her away from me" he said his eyes half closed. He looks weak and messy. "What is this mad man doing here" Ameer said completely clueless.

    "He's the one I told you about" I whispered. "Ohh okay" he replied and moved forward. "Hey carry your filthy self out of here" Ameer snapped his fingers. "I'm not going anywhere, and who are you?" he pushed him and Ameer punched him one his face. "Please leave him alone, That's why we are here" one of the police officers said.

     "You think you can take away what belongs to me, no!, Never, she's my property, Jiddah belongs to me" he yelled. "You lost her the moment you took her you as your property. You had more than enough time to take take care of her but you couldn't. Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. You've lost Jiddah forever"I told him clearly cause I won't have an insane man disturbing my wife's peace. The police left with him and Baba salmanu.

    "This Man is insane he even reeks of alcohol wollah" Ameer said and we all laughed. We left few minutes later too cause My Mom and other people kept calling Daddy so he said we should take our leave since there will be a walima after zuhr prayer.

   Jiddah's POV

    My Heart rate increased and a new feeling of anxiety and fear of the future engulfed me. I watched as everyone in the room was happy excluding me, they were busy taking selfies and teasing me. The artist is still bringing out the beauty in me as she said. Reality hit me the moment I realized that the knot has been tied and this is my second marriage, what beholds me in my new matrimonial home is what keeps me battling with my mind. I have full trust in him but change is constant, and humans are bound to changes. This Day marks the begining of our new life as a couple, as life partners and also each other's keeper and place of comfort.

    A message popped up on my phone and Dr.Zuwaira who came all the way from Abuja to attend my wedding passed it to me. It's a message from Him, My New Husband.

   Alhamdulillah It's official Mrs.Umar Farouq. We'll be on our way shortly.

   I didn't realize that I was crying until the artist talked. "Madam please don't cry you'll spoil the make up fah" she said and I nodded my head while Dr.Zuwaira kept comforting me, she knows what I had gone through so she's not teasing me like the rest of them. I didn't know this is how it feels like to be a Bride, the feeling is unexplainable, it's amazing, I just love it and I have a feeling this is something I'll never regret.

   "The Groom and his friends are here you guys should hurry up for the photos" A lady came in and informed us. "Okay we are done!" She said and everyone started saying masha Allah.

    "Let's go and snap the pictures now" Jamila my roommate said getting impatient. "Wait first"I said breathing in and out, I'm feeling shy all of a sudden. "Let's go fah" She laughed and helped me up.

   They covered my face with the white veil and we left for the compound where they are waiting for us.  "Amaryar mu" I heard an unfamiliar voice, she put my veil atop my head revealing my face to everyone. "Masha Allah, you look beautiful" she chuckled and I whispered a thank you.

    Farouq came close to me and held my hand, all this while my head was duck down while they kept teasing me. "Amarya ta" he whispered. "Look at me please" he said and I didn't realize when I looked up and our eyes met, all I can say is Alhamdulillah, his eyes carries alot of emotions and I've never seen him this happy and fulfilled, he was grinning from ear to ear. "Okay enough with the staring you'll have more than enough time for that later" Jamila said making all of them to laugh.

      We snapped some pictures together with his hands still entangled to mine. "I love your henna" he said and I whispered a thank you which I believe he didn't hear. We took pictures with Aunty Ainau, Aunty Khadija, and My Baby girl, she looked beautiful in her Skirt and blouse Ankara that I sewed for her. They left few minutes later not after he whispered to my ears that he'll be back after Asr to take me with him.

Alhaji Ibrahim's Household
9:30pm

    "My Daughter your home is blessed insha Allah. May Allah bless your home and give you righteous kids, please take care of my Grandson okay" Farouq's Grandma said to me and gave me a quick warm hug, I nodded my head and whispered insha Allah my head under my veil. I'm in Farouq's parent's home, and I'm surrounded by elders and young girls each offering their own words of advice. Traditionally, a bride is first taking to her In-laws place before her matrimonial home. Farouq already planned that we'll spend the night in his parents house, and fly to Lagos for our Honeymoon the next day.

   I'm soo tired and exhausted, haven't had a good sleep for the past few days which has resulted in a splitting headache. I wish I can silently walk out of this place and have a good sleep, but that's not possible, why?, because I'm the Bride and even a cough from me will attract people's attention. My Baby girl didn't bother  when I was going cause she's used to seeing me travel and she's living happily with Aunty Ainau and her children. Farouq said he wants her to live with us, I was hesitant about the idea at first but I realized it'll give my Daughter a brighter future and we'll get to share a special bond and become closer. She's just in Nursery 2 Which is not good for a girl of 6year old. I agreed with him but decided we'll do that after a year or 6months of marriage.

    People started leaving for their houses and few minutes later it was just Farouq's immediate family, two of my maternal aunties left in the large sitting room. Farouq's elder sister took my Aunties to the guest room they'll stay while suhaila, their last born escorted me to my room just like her Sister ordered.

    "Can you please spend the night with me?" I asked Suhaila, "No fah, Ya Farouq will soon be here, he has been calling me since to ask if you're in your room" she smiled sheepishly. "Okay" I said and she bid me goodbye and left the room. I adjusted my veil and sat on one of the sofas in the room. The room is painted all white with an Ash color window cotton, the furnitures are white too, the middle sized carpet beside the bed is ash. There is a frame with Omar writing boldly on it on the wall beside the bed. With the look of things the room belongs to Farouq.

    The Door knob clicked and I immediately adjusted my veil and started fiddling with my fingers. "Assalamu Alaikum warahamatullah wabaraktuh" his sweet melodious voice hit my Eardrums. "Wa'alaikumu Salam" I said with a low voice my eyes still on my laps.

    "My Wife" he called and moved forward to where I am, I expected him to sit beside me but instead he knelt down in front of me and removed my veil from my face and our gaze met. "Alhamdulillah" whispered before sitting. "Amarya bakya laifi" he teased. "My Beautiful Happy Bride" he cupped my face. Yes, I couldn't hide my happiness, it showed on my face. "You haven't said a word since, please let me hear your voice" he pouted. "What should I say?" I asked. "Anything" he smiled. "okay" I whispered looking into his eyes.

   "May we be the coolness of each other's eyes". I said and he engulfed me in a tight hug, tears Cascaded down my eyes, for the first time ever, I'm embraced in a warm hug, I felt like this moment should last forever, I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed. "It's okay my baby stop crying, today is a day full of happiness, I don't want to hear you crying please" he cleaned my tears with his left thumb and entangled our hands. "You're the most beautiful Bride I've ever since my love, you didn't show it by smiling, laughing, or dancing, it showed in your eyes, you look delighted and fulfilled and I promise to love you beyond your expectations" he kissed my forehead. "Thank you" I whispered. I wish I can tell him how happy and thankful I am. I never imagined that someone will love and care for me this much, the memories of our first night with Yusuf started coming to my mind but I immediately shunned it and hugged my Husband tight in my arms. "No one is going to take me away from you don't worry" he chuckled.

   "By the way you look Handsome in your kaftan" I complimented him for the first time, "Ohh thank you Wifey, finally, after 4years of patience you're now mine, loving is such a privilege My Love, you get younger and prettier day by day, thank you for giving this old man a chance" he pouted. "You're just 35 fah" I chuckled. "Yeah 5 years to click 40" he said and removed his cap.

    "So what should we start with, should we pray first?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Okay you can use the bathroom" he said and I nodded my head. I went into the toilet and heaved a sigh, it was as if I wasn't breathing well while with him, and now this, I'm Soo nervous and scared, I hope I won't embarrass myself. "Ya Allah" I looked at my reflection in the mirror, they'll be no need to use wipes since there is not make up on face just powder.

  I removed my veil and head tie and performed ablution then exited the bathroom. He was spraying the praying mat when I came out. He passed me a full length purple color Hijab and I wore it. We prayed two Raka'ats and after that he turned and placed his hands on my forehead and said a Du'a whilst my eyes were close.

   اللهم با مانتك اخذتها وبكلمتك استخللتهل فإن قضيت لي منها ولدا فاجعله مبركت تقيا من شيعة ال محمد و لا تجعل الشيطان فيه شركا ولا نصيبا.

   Oh Allah I have taken her as your trust and have made her lawful for myself by your words. Therefore, if you have decreed for me a child from her, then make him/her blessed and pious from Among the followers of the family of Muhammad(peace be upon him and them) and do not let Satan have any part in him/her.

  We both said ameen and he hugged me and kissed my eyes. "I love you, May Allah bless our Union"
"Ameen ya Rabbi" I smiled.

   He asked me to remove my hijab and we ate or should I say he fed me. He's the one who has been talking since while I just say yes/no or nod my head. "You must be tired and sleepy your eyes are closing?" He asked, "Yes" I said. "You've not being Sleeping well all this days right" he cupped my face observing it. "You look exhausted Darling, let's do something about it, let me give you a hot bath" he winked, "No don't worry" I swayed his hands away.

    "You'll have a shower first right?" He gave me a towel and a red sleeping dress to change to. "Yes, thank you" I whispered I sashayed to the toilet. I came out few minutes later and met him sitting on the edge of the bed in a white jallabiya. "Sweetie love" he scooped me in his arms, that was so unexpected!.

   He dropped me on the bed and rest my head on his broad chest. "And now here we are!" He pinched my cin. "Ouchh" I whispered, "ohh sorry, are you sure you're sleepy?" He teased, I know where he's heading to and that gave me goosebumps. "Yes wallhi" I said. "Okay okay then, we have tomorrow night or next tomorrow or any day of your choice since we'll be together too old age" he chuckled. Ohh what a relief.

    "Jiddah" he raised my chin making our eyes to meet. "I love these eyes "he kissed my right eye and then the second one. "Thank you" I whispered and entangled our hands together. Maybe he had this kinds of moment with his late wife but  didn't, all this feels strange and new to me.

     "My Jiddah today marks the beginning of our journey as a couple and I pray Allah adha wajal bless our Marriage with harmony, peace, and an everlasting love for each other. jidda ta Loving you was never something I had planned, it just happened. The moment I saw you, and the moment you first spoke to me, it was as if my insides cracked open and some hidden part of me broke free. That look in your eyes when they met mine, I swear it is priceless, it took my breath away...and even after so many years, my heart still yearns for your touch, my senses still long for your sweet voice and Jiddah when you call my name my heart freezes..And now that we are together and I know that you are fully mine and no one can take you away from me, everything comes to a standstill and it feels like the world revolves just around us. This day when you hold me in your arms, I'm the happiest and luckiest man on earth, you are my serenity amidst the chaos, your love sedates all the turbulence of my life, you are my Sunshine, my only sunshine and my happiness, also the most sincere to my heart, I don't want to let go of you for even a second and I pray that Allah bless our new home and may we have a beautiful and everlasting love, Thank you for everything and more" he kissed my forehead, my eyes closed giving the tears in them a chance to flow. That feeling of finding a true love after your hearts has being broken countless times. Loving and Mending a broken heart is priceless, it's unique, it's rare, and not everyone is capable of doing that.

    "Thank you for everything Dear Husby, thank you for loving me and sticking by my side and agreeing to my decisions even when it was against your will. Thank you for Loving this broken soul. You are my happiness and my joy, I love you Soo very much Dear Husband, and I'm Soo happy to see what our relationship has resulted to, you fulfilled your promise and I promise you won't regret this choice you have made insha Allah. I love you" I said with teary voice. "I love you too. I told you to stop crying ko" he pecked my lips. "Okay" I rest my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

   "I love you okay" he kissed my head and I nodded my head going into a deep slumber.

  🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

  Loving the Broken is coming to an end fahhhh🥺🥺🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99K 12.8K 45
I was in a dark place with no one to hear my cries, I screamed but the sound just echoed into a far distance The pain was unbearable from almost ever...
17.4K 1.9K 57
Calm before the storm can't say much. One problem after the other Hermana a young girl faced with many trials in life yet she ached it all like a hi...
16.1K 1.5K 30
"Leave me alone! Please don't do this to me. I will do whatever you want, but please don't rape me. Please don't do this to me. Help me!" Ruqayya cri...
117K 18.3K 61
"How is it my mistake? Why are you punishing me? Why do you hate me so much? Why? What have I ever done wrong?" Hauwa asked her mother crying profuse...