Doctor Who: Awakening Of The...

By CaptainThunderWho

Before returning to Earth, the Doctor and Jo pick up an unidentified, hostile craft headed for Earth. Investi... More

BBC 1 Trailer
EPISODE 1 - Scene 1 - Princess Risborough
Scene 2 - Collection
Scene 3 - Intruders
Scene 4 - Activation
Scene 5 - Headed Away From Earth
Scene 6 - Out Of Control
Scene 7 - Prisoners
Scene 8 - Rescue
Scene 9 - Awaking
EPISODE 2 - Scene 1 - Burning Fire
Scene 2 - What Has Happened
Scene 3 - Xeros
Scene 4 - Exploring The Museum
Scene 5 - Awakening Of The Daleks
Scene 6 - Unfit
Scene 7 - Cell Together
Scene 8 - Dalek Invasion
EPISODE 3 - Scene 1 - Trapped
Scene 2 - Who I Am
Scene 3 - Spreading Across The Museum
Scene 4 - Mechanus
Scene 5 - Cornered
Scene 6 - Sorted?
Scene 7 - EXTERMINATE!
Scene 8 - Back To Skaro
Scene 9 - Harrowing Time
EPISODE 4 - Scene 1 - Feeling Bad
Scene 3 - Daleks Have Swarmed Across The Galaxy
Scene 4 - Behind
Scene 5 - 2019
Scene 6 - The Dalek Invasion Of Earth
Scene 7 - Can We Trust The Master?
Scene 8 - We're Coming With You!
EPISODE 5 - Scene 1 - Arrival To 2019
Scene 2 - The Moment
Scene 3 - Wasn't Me
Scene 4 - All Destroyed
Scene 5 - Back to Xeros, Again
Scene 6 - Doomed!
Scene 7 - Back Safe And Sound At UNIT HQ

Scene 2 - The Planet

5 0 0
By CaptainThunderWho

The TARDIS arrives back on Xeros to the same spot where the time ship first landed. The Doctor and Jo exit, and can see the city in the distance. They will have to proceed up a steep hill and down a slope to arrive back at the museum.

Jo:

We're back where we first landed?

Doctor:

Correct. She's done well with following the course coordinates. We're back at the same time and space as before. Well, sometime after our first visit.

Jo:

How long exactly from our first visit?

Doctor:

As long as the time we have been away for, Jo.

Jo:

It would have been better if we landed back in the museum again, wouldn't it? If you need something from the TARDIS, you would have to come all the way back to get it.

Doctor:

Then let's go there and see what we can do.

The Doctor and Jo begin heading back to the museum. Once they begin approaching, the Doctor can tell that something is very wrong.

Jo, get down! Get down!

He takes a startled Jo and hides behind a large set of rocks. They peep out over to see the museum.

Jo:

No. They can't have!

We see that the museum has been taken over by the Daleks! A drone Dalek watches over a big digging site, of surviving Moroks working as slaves! The site is vast, and the Moroks dig with only spades and nothing else. Their uniforms are stained, with rips, and the smell of putrid odour from sweaty work. They dig into the ground. Why is not known, nor is it for a good reason, simply because it is the order of the Daleks. The site is a foot or two below ground level. Some dig into walls, whereas others dig into the hardened ground. Bal, Ten, and Moid are among the slaves. Robomen, converted Moroks, maintain order over the digging. They hold the weapons of the Moroks ass they keep constant patrol. The Robomen shout out orders with a deep monotone sound. The Moroks look disgruntled and tired with the useless work.

The Daleks. They've taken over!

Doctor:

Yes. Yes, of course. I was right. I knew this would happen. Mass extermination followed by absolute suppression of the survivors.

Jo:

But why? Why would the Daleks do this? If they wanted to exterminate them, they would have done it ages ago. And taken all the items belonging to the museum.

Doctor:

I imagine at this stage they have. The Daleks have been here a while, Jo. They've taken all they want from this planet and left it as a Dalek prison camp.

Jo:

I recognize some of those people down there. They helped us escape from the Dalek!

We see Bal, Moid, and Ten digging the wall with their spades. Throughout this scene, we will cut from the Doctor and Jo to the campsite and back again.

What are those men? Are they robots?

Doctor:

When the Daleks first invaded Earth, they used converted slaves to help occupy the planets they had colonized. The subject was given an intelligence test to determine whether they were suitable to become one of them, Robomen. I imagine the Moroks would have been perfect for the Daleks to turn into slaves. They're like crude cyborgs. The process to become a Roboman was highly unstable.

Jo:

More unstable than being held inside the museum?

Doctor:

Far more. The brain surgery was very invasive, seeing that the Daleks have little interest in their subjects. Some go insane and commit suicide.

Jo:

Ugh, horrible.

Roboman:

WORK! WORK! WORK!

Dalek:

THIS PLANET IS NOW UNDER DALEK CONTROL! OUR COMMANDS WILL BE OBEYED! THOSE WHO RESIST WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Roboman:

WORK! WORK!

Jo:

Those poor men.

Doctor:

One thing you need to know about the Daleks, Jo, is that they don't just exterminate. They also humiliate.

Jo:

I can see that. Perhaps they just enjoy subjugating humanoid races. Like what happened to Earth in that alternate reality.

Doctor:

Exactly. The Daleks have always understood that the most effective way of subjugating a population is to set it against itself. A constant feature of their conquests is the degradation of populations who are forced to work into pointless labour.

Jo:

You mean all they're doing is just digging up the ground for no reason?

Doctor:

That's right. And then they torture, starve, and beat them. They play upon the weaknesses of their own race.

Jo:

Well, what does it actually achieve? Why do they have to do this?

The Doctor turns to look at Jo.

Doctor:

To show their superiority to other races. The Daleks have hundreds of their conquered planets like this, Jo. All the wealth, minerals, and everything taken to Skaro. And helped to expand their Empire across the universe.

We go to see Moid, Ten, and Bal. They dig through the wall, tired and defeated men.

Bal:

We can't keep going on like this. We need to strike at the Daleks. Otherwise we will be slaves for the rest of our lives.

Ten:

Keep your voice down, Bal. If we are going to mount an uprising, we need to spread the word. We have an eye in the sky that is watching our every move.

Roboman:

SILENCE!

They carry on working again.

Moid:

I... I cannot go on... any longer.

He pants heavily. Dehydrated, starving, and exhausted, he begins lowering and lowering, until he finally collapses.

Roboman:

UP! UP!

Bal:

He's collapsed! Look! Can't you see that?

The Roboman walks like a zombie over with its body swaying about to the body as it carries the weapon.

Roboman:

ALL WEAK SUBJECTS WILL BE EXTERMINATED!

Bal:

He needs rest. He needs to rest!

Roboman:

WORKING PARTY WILL REST IN TWO HUNDRED RELS FROM NOW! IN THE MEANTIME, CONTINUE WITH YOUR WORK!

Bal and Ten carry on until the Roboman goes away. They then quickly help Moid up again.

Ten:

Moid, sir. You must rest.

Moid:

I... I, I, I, feel, I cannot go on. I cannot go on any longer.

Another Morok who is working holds his spade as a Roboman inspects his work. Once he trots away with his back to the Morok, he prepares to strike by swinging the spade behind him. DDDDZZZZZZ!!! The Morok is then suddenly shot dead and dies in agony when shot by the death ray from another Roboman. Bal and Ten are shocked when they see this.

Roboman:

DISPOSE OF THE BODY!

A few of the Moroks then begin shovelling some Earth onto the dead body. The Doctor and Jo watch this over from their hiding.

Jo:

That's horrible!

Doctor:

The Daleks ensure that discipline is maintained in their camps. Come along.

Jo:

Where are we going?

Doctor:

We will head around and see what we can do. I expect the Daleks haven't found us out yet, because if they had we would hear their alarms for certain. Let's see what we can do first.

They then head around to the right of the camera to keep covering in hiding...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503 42 42
One of the greatest and most cinematic adventures in Doctor Who history sees the team up of every single Doctor in preventing the collapse of time an...
303 21 18
The Doctor has just regenerated. Once returned to his TARDIS, the post-regenerative trauma kicks into him as the new Doctor once again struggles to a...
510 19 36
Finding themselves in a strange and confined space of time, the Doctor and his friends stumble upon a terrifying revelation about the Doctor's past...
389 9 16
It is the height of the Time War. Time Lord technology has been stolen from Gallifrey by human colonists from the planet Dido - an easy target for th...