The Princess Wishes To Rest

By macirei

Min Ji-Hyung, 18 year old college student. She committed suicide when her best friend spreaded false rumors o... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11

chapter 7

150 6 0
By macirei

Amelia's POV

I let out a groan as a sharp pain radiated through my head, causing a migraine to settle in. Confusion clouded my thoughts as I tried to comprehend the situation. My gaze landed on Eliza, who had entered the room, her eyes widened in surprise.

"T-the Princess! The Princess has awakened!" She exclaimed, her voice piercing my ears. I instinctively covered them attempting to shield myself from the overwhelming noise.

Within moments, a crowd of people flooded into the room, all wearing white hoods and coats. The ground shook beneath the weight of their hurried footsteps.

I observed Anathalia and Father rushing to my side, their breaths heavy from running so fast.

Concern laced Father's trembling voice as he asked if I were alright and if I had sustained any injuries. My heart ached at the sound of his worry, and I reassured him by shaking my head.

He still wasn't convinced so he summoned the royal physician to examine me.

"All the intruders were arrested and preparing for punishments, you don't have to be worried anymore Amelia." Father stroked my head as he kissed my forehead, I felt a tear drizzle down my cheek. I never heard words of concern from my Father when I was alive, not even a question if I was alright.

His warmth calms my aching heart.

"Thank you Father."

............

A few hours ticked by as the mages stuck around, conducting their thorough examinations to make sure I was fine. Father, in his protective fashion, made it crystal clear that they were to stick by my side or face the consequences.

I gotta admit, it felt kinda nice, you know? Being showered with all that love and care. It brought a sense of relief, even if it was just temporary.

I feel guilty though, that the original Amelia didn't experienced this side of her Father.

"Lady Amelia!" My door bursts open revealing Nexus who had a wide smile, all the mages around me bowed to him promptly, with the fear of meeting their demise because of him.

"Ah, Sir Nexus, I have yet to issue a letter to you regarding my thanks for saving my life." I smiled at him as he approached my side, it was kind of embarrassing for him to see me dolled up like a bandaged doll because of my overprotective father.

"It's fine, don't worry," He reassured me with a gentle smile. The mages surrounding us looked on with wide eyes, their expressions ranging from surprise to shock, I guess they aren't used to seeing the terror tower mage like this.

A voice echoed in my mind, filled with uncertainty and urgency. "Are you really Amelia? The Gods have spoken, why won't you answer?" A sharp pain seared through my head, causing me to cry out in anguish, I felt Nexus calling out to me but I couldn't decipher what it was.

A blinding light emerged from Nexus as he almost fell down to his knees from the pain, he bit his lip till it bled to stop him from screaming, my eyes widened, he transfered my pain to his using his spell?!

"Why are you all just standing there?! Can't you help him?!" I faced the mages besides us who were wondering what their next move was.

"We're holy mages your Highness, if we try to heal him, his dark magic would react and injure him more." One of the mages responded and bowed, his face felt desperation, maybe he felt useless at the moment.

"I'm fine," A groan left Nexus as he grabbed the railings of my bed, sweats formed from his forehead, he then casted his signature spell, 'Elimination'

Because he couldn't heal himself with holy magic, he made a spell only he could cast, Elimination. As the name suggests, he could eliminate any spell, pain, curse cast unto him.

"Shit." Nexus cursed under his breathe, I saw drop of sweats formed on his forehead, his breath became hitched, what kind of illness did Amelia had that he's reacting this bad at it?!

"I-I'm sorry..." I clutched my blanket, I hated the feeling of being indebted to someone. I heard him sigh, his hand held mine, "I'm fine, Lady Amelia." He responded with a smile.

You finally came back. The goddess had rejoiced. Head of the tower mage. I flinched at the sudden whispers in my head, head of the tower mage? Are they talking about Nexus?

My head started hurting again, this time the mages immediately tried to heal me, but it only made everything worse.

My eyes widen when I saw my blood, I coughed up more blood as they all panic. "Please..get them out.." I clung to my Nexus with a weak breath.

Whatever the hell they're doing, it's worsening my condition. "They're worsening everything-" I coughed blood again.

He looked at me hesitantly but ordered all of the mages out. "Contact the duke, now." His voice held authority as the staff immediately scrambled to call my Father.

"You're having a fever," He muttered under his breath, his eyes held concern, I offered my hand to his to comfort him.

The whispers in my head thankfully stopped, they weren't making any sense anyways. I looked outside and saw that it was pitch black.

A butterfly had suddenly entered my room, it had blood red beautiful wings. I tried to touch it but it bit my finger I supposed, causing it to bleed. Nexus eyes widened, he tried to capture the insect with his magic but it flew away.

"I'll go out for a second alright? I'll grab a towel to wipe your forehead, you're burning up." Nexus sighed, I waved goodbye to him for some reassurance, the door slammed shut letting me indulged in my thoughts.

The red butterfly came back again but this time it was accompanied by a beautiful blue one, they bit my finger again and licked it I suppose? As soon as they did that, my mind went completely blank like in a trance-like state.

I followed the butterfly leading me to my window. I climbed down almost falling and followed the butterflies. My mind became blank till a shadow of a man appeared in front of me, black mists accompanying his every mood.

"Get out of that body you foul demon!" He yelled, he took a knife out of his coat and gazed at me with bloodshot red eyes. I tried to move but my body refused. My breath had become shaky as I closed my eyes shut. A hot liquid had been sprayed onto my face.

I opened my eyes and screamed, the guy's body laid onto my lap as his blood sprayed onto my face.

"You.." A faint voice lingered around, I looked up to see a woman with silver hair faying with the wind, she looked at me with her silver eyes with shock.

"You're her child. Right?!" Her voice lingered with anger. Her child? Who's she referring to?

"Lady Ayla!" I heard Sir Elia's voice shouting from a distance, he ran towards me. He took a pause when he saw the fairy-like woman in front of me. He immediately bowed and began to be nervous.

"May you find peace and happiness, the great Eira Celeste." He announced, I felt familiar with the name.

Eira?! My mouth dropped when I realized. Eira Celeste was the most powerful fairy and mage second to Nexus, she and Nexus were almost at par with abilities not until Nexus beat her in a duel.

I felt goosebumps everywhere as she glared at me with hatred. Does she hate me now?! Will she kill me?!

"Eira." A deep ominous voice lingered from afar. I turned to my father holding a handkerchief drenched in water. He approached me first and held me up, he sat me to one of his arms and glanced to Eira. The atmosphere immediately got tense.

"Nicolas." Eira hissed at father while he looked at her unfazed.

"Lady Eira." Father looked at her annoyed, while she just rolled her eyes.

She then cast a spell with her sector, Earth one of the strongest and harder to find attributes. She summoned plants, while father took out his sword.

Wait, ARE THEY SERIOUSLY GOING TO FIGHT WITH HIM CARRYING ME IN HIS ARMS?!

I clung tightly to my father as he slashed all of the vines immediately, Eira seemed to be troubled but still annoyed.

Father kept swinging and approaching Eira as she summoned more and more.

Father then jumped and went face to face with her, his eyes widen as she smirked. He realized too late that she was preparing a close attack.

I then jumped off of my father's grip and jumped to the lady. She seemed to be taken aback as I pushed her to the ground.

She casted the spell at the sky as father looked at me in disbelief.

I looked to the angered lady who was glaring at my father. Wait, she isn't mad at ME?!

"Such a low, using your own daughter? I mean I know your trash but not at this level." She sat up and snickered at father.

Father looked distraught and annoyed. The lady looked at me and healed me with absorption. She placed her hand on my forehead and cussed under her breath.

"Are you so incompetent of your children that you let your own daughter, outside with no guidance whatsoever?!" She snared at him as she helped me up.

I felt light-headed and dizzy as soon as I stood up, I clung to the cloak she was wearing to prevent myself from falling.

"Amelia." Father immediately came to me and snatched me away from the woman, she just rolled her eyes at him and dusted off her cloak.

"Why are you even here." He asked with a stoic face.

"I heard that Nexus was here, for what business?" She raised her brow and crossed her arms to her chest.

"Is-" Father was cut off by the woman.

"Shut up. Anyways, as I was saying. The stupid idiotic emperor also wants to summon you and me." She hissed, my eyes widen. Well, I guess if you're one of the strongest character you'll get away with Treason.

"I can't, Amelia is sick. Just come up with an excuse on your way back." Father turned his back at her whilst the ground shook .

A BOULDER THEN APPEARED IN FRONT OF US!??

"Just give her to me, I'll take care of her." She then teleported in front of us and took me away before father could even processed what happened.

He looked at her pissed while she just had a smirked on her face.

"If Nexus couldn't heal her completely, why would you. The person weaker than him." Father laughed while her smile disappeared and anger was present in her eyes.

"You impudent, reckless, worthless little bit-" She stopped when I coughed up, her eyes widen while I looked at her confused.

Ah, I see know. Blood covered me, as I coughed up more.

Father yelled but he was stopped by Eira. She immediately casted Absorption, she yelled loudly in anguish.

I gazed at father who looked worried and shocked.

Eira clutched her chest and kept yelling. She then stopped when she casted one of her signature spells, Mana Healing. I knew because she yelled out the name of the spell like she's on a shounen anime.

Father ran to her, while she slapped his hand off her. He turned his attention to me and checked for my fever, his eyes widen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475 5 16
*Content Introduction* I swear, Your Grace will not regret marrying me. I became an extra doomed to be assassinated shortly after marriage. It's sad...
3K 119 14
One day, I was just going shopping and suddenly I was hit by a truck...? Anyway! I woke up and found out that I was Luke von Ordane. The second male...
78K 3.1K 22
β”€β”€β˜… Λ™πŸ“π‚π‹π€π”πƒπ„ 𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐑 πŽππ„π‹πˆπ€ 𝐗 π…π„πŒ! π‚πŽππ‚π”ππˆππ„! 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 π•π€π‘πˆπŽπ”π’(?) ̟ !! ❝Did the idea of being a pa...
5.7K 90 20
Note this is a original novel. I was accused of attempting to kill my younger sister.No one believed in me, no one to wrap me up. Even my own family...