Irreplaceable

By aimlesssorrows

[BOOK 2] [ONGOING] ❝if you were to describe yourself in one word, what would it be?❞ five years ago she was a... More

introduction
.•°•.•°•.•°•.
prologue | recap
chapter 1 | illusion
chapter 2 | carousel
chapter 3 | business
chapter 4 | italy
chapter 5 | explore
chapter 6 | reunited
chapter 7 | treehouse
chapter 8 | quiet
chapter 9 | dead
chapter 10 | secrets
chapter 11 | therapy
chapter 12 | tension
chapter 13 | dinner
chapter 14 | target
chapter 15 | flashback
chapter 16 | cheater
chapter 17 | rain
chapter 18 | attack
chapter 19 | gunshots
chapter 20 | car
chapter 21 | emotions
chapter 22 | anger
chapter 23 | sunlight
chapter 24 | concert
chapter 25 | accept
chapter 26 | unity
chapter 27 | cardigan
chapter 28 | investors
chapter 29 | evidence
chapter 30 | studio
chapter 31 | photoshoot
chapter 32 | hope
chapter 33 | believe
chapter 34 | time
chapter 35 | bond
chapter 36 | collusion
chapter 37 | identity
chapter 38 | temptation
chapter 40 | jealousy
chapter 41 | marked
chapter 42 | possessive
chapter 43 | lies
chapter 44 | breathe
chapter 45 | reality
chapter 46 | assassin
chapter 47 | you
chapter 48 | realization

chapter 39 | ring

35.1K 914 1.3K
By aimlesssorrows

JASMIN MARTINEZ

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

"Yours."

My face heated up and I looked away. He put his hand on my thigh. "Chase!" He mocked in a high-pitched voice.

I bit my lip as I looked back at him. He started laughing once he saw my face and I couldn't help but laugh as well. "I fucking hate you so much," I announced.

"We were just making progress." He sighed.

"Well, you can blame yourself for ruining it."

"Not my fault, your horny ass couldn't wait."

"Not my fault, your bitch ass couldn't give me pleasure." I snapped.

"Now you want the small dick." He mused.

"No, I'm actually good," I spoke. "I bet you want me though."

"Always."

I rolled my eyes, "Ugh."

"What?"

"You just... you can't just say all this." He was raising more conflict inside of me.

"Why not?" He questioned. "I can't be truthful now?"

"No, you can't." I sighed. "Remove your hand off my thigh." I took a hold of his wrist but it wouldn't budge.

"No."

"Chase put it on your lap, not mine."

"That's where it belongs."

"It belongs with me?" I asked. "Why don't you cut it off and give it to me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Is that what you want?" He asked. "Right now or later?"

"For fucks sake, tell me you were joking."

"No, I'm serious." He looked at me confusedly. "If you want it, I'll give it."

I closed my eyes, this fucking man.

"I was joking."

"All you have to do is ask, I'll go to any extent to get what you want." Nothing in the world could have stopped the blush from spreading across my face or the little smile to form on my face.

"What side did you wake up on that got you all flirtatious?" I questioned.

"The side where I saw you first."

"God." I groaned.

He chuckled and I stole a glance at his figure. He was lazily holding the steering wheel with his left hand and his right hand on my thigh. He didn't have that loneliness in him any longer. He actually surprisingly had a little smile on his face. His gray eyes didn't hold under bags beneath them. He looked like he was happy for the first time in a while.

He looked at me, raising an eyebrow and I shook my head. His thumb went in a circular motion on my thigh. I leaned over and placed a kiss on his right cheek. My lips lingered on his cheek a little longer than needed. I pulled back as my eyes noticed the burned marks under his jaw. He had many scars all over his body and some of them even looked like they weren't given by someone else but him.

I didn't ask because I didn't want his mood to be ruined. He was happy. "What was the for?" Chase asked.

"Just felt like it." I shrugged.

I put my hand over him, my fingertips playing with his rings on his tattooed hand as I pulled out my phone and looked at my emails.

I replied to my emails as I looked at the future projects my company will be doing. I already had many more projects planned and ideas of how to expand my company more further. I wanted my company to achieve anything and everything it possibly can.

Chase interlocked my hand with him as he rubbed the back of my hand in a soft circular motion with his thumb. He was clenching onto my hand tightly almost like having a battle within himself. I put my phone away and used my other hand to softly massage his hand.

"When did you get all these tattoos?" I asked, trying to distract him.

"Shortly after high school."

"It's must of hurt... a lot." I looked at the detail of every tattoo he had on his tan hand. His veins flexed because of the tight hold on my hand.

"Sure."

"Why?"

"I wanted to."

"Care to elaborate?" I questioned.

"I wanted to forget about the pain I caused you by putting myself through any pain I possibly could." He explained. "But I know the pain of a needle could never match the pain you went through."

"And what about your pain?" I softly mumbled.

"I deserve it."

"No, you don't." I looked away to stop my tears from forming. "Nobody does."

Expect some motherfuckers, but that's a different topic.

"I do," He argued. "I do deserve it."

"You will soon realize how much you don't deserve this pain but rather happiness," I claimed.

"With you around me, that's more than happiness."

"If that's the case, I shall stay by your side," I promised.

Forever. I wanted to add.

A faint smile came back on his face and I could faintly see the dimples that made the fireflies erupt immediately. "No going back now."

"I wouldn't want to go back anyway," I reassured.

"Fuck, Firefly." He looked away and I knew he was trying to hide his face that had gotten all red.

Did I just make him blush? You bet your ass I did.

I decided to test my luck further, "How'd the fireflies feel?"

"Shut up." He shook his head as he ran a hand through his dark locks.

I laughed, "Now you see what you do to me."

Holy fucking shit, a little control on my words, please.

"I do that to you?" He questioned, acting innocent.

"We are here." I pointed out. He parked the car in front of the velvets to have them park the car.

I took off my seatbelt and I was about to open the door when Chase tugged on my arm, making me face him. I gasped from the close approximately in between us. His breath danced on my lips as I looked into his sinfully beautiful eyes. "Do I?" He rasped.

"Yeah." I mouthed, with a little nod.

He pecked my lips, lingering his lips on mine for a little longer than necessary before pulling away and stepping out of the car. I try to comprehend what just happened.

I'm not okay.

He had one of his security members take the cats inside as he opened the door for me and extended his arm. I took his arm just as the paparazzi started clicking pictures.

For fuck's sake.

Chase interlocked my hand with him as we walked through the paparazzi.

"Are you guys dating?"

"Since when did you guys start dating?"

"Is this going to last?"

"What about Axel?"

"Are those love bites on your neck?"

"Do you know what happened to the reporter that died last night?"

"Is this confirming you are in fact dating each other?"

"Are you pregnant?"

Chase rubbed the pad of his thumb in circles as we walked up the stairs trying to soothe me. I felt my anxiety perk up. I hated not being in control. My heart was beating at an inhuman speed as their words ran through my head.

Once we got inside, I stopped walking. I tried to get my breathing in control but I couldn't.

"It's okay." Chase softly stated. He tilted on my chin to make me look at his eyes. I felt tears build up in my eyes. "Focus on me."

I looked into his mysterious gray eyes as I tried my best to block everyone. All I focused on was his eyes. The eyes somehow bring me more peace than anyone else. The eyes I would do anything to just admire. The eyes that make me happy.

He looked at me as he wiped away the fallen tears from my face and ran his hand up and down my back. I pulled him into a hug and he engulfed me back. He kissed the side of my forehead as I held onto him tightly.

"Thank you," I murmured.

"Always." He rasped. "After this is over we should get In-N-Out, okay?"

I softly laughed, "Yes."

"And go to get chocolate ice cream."

"Yes." I smiled. "Vanilla for you."

"Yeah."

"Long drive afterward?"

"Yeah."

"Are you planning on spending your whole birthday with me?" He mused.

I lifted my head off his chest, "You are the one planning it."

"You are one agreeing to it." He argued.

"Well, I want to celebrate my birthday with you." I blurted. "Any problem with that?"

"Never."

"Good."

"You are so beautiful." His hands were on my hips, pulling me closer to him.

"My makeup is probably all smudged."

"It's not."

"Liar." He pushed away the hair that covered my neck and put it behind my ear.

"Beautiful." He spoke, looking at his work on my neck.

Somebody cleared their throat and I looked to see my assistant. "Ma'am, they were asking for your pre-presence." Chase placed his lips against my neck. He dragged his tongue on my neck before sucking down.

"Alright, I'll be with them in a second," I muttered.

"Ok-okay, Ma'am." He added more pressure on my neck as I lowly moaned.

"Chase?" He hummed. "What are you doing?"

"Showing the world who you belong to." He came out of my neck licking his lips and admiring his work on my neck.

"I don't belong to you."

"Soon."

"Keep dreaming."

"If you didn't want my lips on you, you would have pushed me away not let me mark you." I didn't respond and just went around him to go to my green room.

Chase followed behind, laughing to himself as I rolled my eyes. I opened the door to my green room and I saw my hairstylist, make-up artist, and clothing stylist ready to go. "Hey." I greeted.

They all greeted me back as Chase came from behind me and snaked his hands around my body. I'm seriously thinking he can't keep his hands to myself.

He always tries to find any excuse to touch me, not that I have any complaints, but almost like touch was important to him.

Touch is his love language.

"I got both of your outfits ready to go." I nodded, putting my hands on top of Chase's.

"The changing room is over there." Chase left to go to the changing room as I went to get my hair and makeup done. For my hair, she decided to straighten my hair and have it slicked back behind my ears. It definitely brought an emphasis on my collarbone and neck. I decided to go with a light glam. She did some blush-colored eye shadow on my eyelids because that was the color of my dress.

After a good two hours of me, getting my work down as they did my hair and makeup, I went into the changing room. The dress was a blush pink silk dress. It had a deep cut in the middle with a slit on my leg all the way to my hip. I slid into my dress as I looked into the mirror.

I was about to zip my dress up when Chase opened the curtain to the changing room and stepped inside. I let go of the zip looking at him through the mirror. He moved my hair aside before his cold fingers trailed down my spine and he slowly zipped my dress. "Thank you."

He put his hand around my neck before a cold sliver chain touched my neck. He took the chain and pinned it in the back. I look to see the necklace and it was the one that had gotten tangled with his. I thought I wouldn't find it after that moment. "You had it?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

The necklace had the word 'believe' in cursive on the chain to the side with a moon-shaped locket in the middle. The locket only held my mother's picture because I could not give two fucks about my abusive father.

He kissed my shoulder before taking my hand with his and dragging me out of the changing room. I sat down on the sofa as Chase took my foot in his hands and started putting my heel on my foot. He repeated the process with my other foot before taking a seat beside me. His phone ranged and he picked it up.

My stylist came and handed me the earrings. They were dangling earrings that touched my collarbone. "Can you take off the bracelet and put this one on?"

I looked at the bracelet on my wrist and shook my head. "This stays on."

"It doesn't match."

"And I don't give a fuck."

She closed her mouth and put on the rings on my fingers. "Chase get me a ring so this finger doesn't stay bare." I joked, pointing to my left ring finger once my stylist left.

He was still on his phone call as he looked at my bare finger. "Don't get any ideas, I'm joking." The look on his face told me he took what I said seriously.

"I was about to propose right now."

"No ring, no answer."

He cut his phone before replying, "Who said I don't have a ring with me?"

"Chase, you are out of your mind." I shook my head.

I looked away but I still felt his gaze on me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

Chase stared at me before replying, "To give you my last name."

.•°•.•°•.•°•.

[ 2242 words ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 40K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...
4.6K 169 41
"You are my first love that have brought this empty shell of my heart back to life. You have a place in my heart no one else could ever have." - The...
1K 62 11
Nobody knew his last name, but they knew his name and also that he was the right hand of the most feared and powerful Mafia, not just in Russia, but...
5.4K 269 44
Five years ago, Tristian's wife left him, leaving behind their barely three-month-old twins. Taking care of the children fell on his parents' hands...