Azur Lane: The Abnormality

By MatthiasWrites

Mental Cubes: The very material that Ship-girls began to appear after alien-like creatures called Sirens had... More

Chapter Prologue: "The Disclosure of the Unnatural"
Chapter One: "The Attack on the Alliance - Part 1"
Chapter Two: "The Attack on the Alliance - Part 2"
Chapter Three: "The Injured Hornet and the Downed Pandora"
Chapter Four: "The Premonition of Enterprise's Humanity"
Chapter Five: "The Genesis of Remodeling Psyches"
Chapter Six: "The Flight from the Truth"
Chapter Seven: "Retrofitium Elcos, et Mutatio Chronologiae"
Chapter Extra One: "Bios 1"
Chapter Eight: "The Dimmed Star of Pandora, and Enterprise's Revelation"
Chapter 7.5: "To Test Our Limits!"
Chapter Ten: "To Adjust to the New Era!"
Chapter Eleven: "The Pieces in the Board"
Chapter Twelve: "The Battle Against the Orochi - Part One"
Chapter Thirteen: "The Battle Against the Orochi - Part Two"
Chapter Fourteen: "A Weakened, Achieved Dream"
Chapter Fifteen: "The Peaceful Reunion"

Chapter Nine: "Profunda Cordis"

197 3 17
By MatthiasWrites

[As I began to write down the story, bit by bit, I'm starting to see the dedication I had towards this story. While this means that I have to deal with school, and trying to write down the whole story thing, whilst trying to make sure that everything becomes clear in my eyes. It's just because of my self-doubting that's causing my insecurity, I think... And I know that I might be too honest, I know when to stop giving it out, all because I was too open, too dense I guess...? Maybe even unable to use my brain in the most simplest and common moments, like on how to cook. The meaning of this chapter title means, 'Depths of One's Heart'.]

[And, I might be planning a grim situation regarding USS Pandora, but that'll come to it later, as I begin to make the story, bit by bit, and to introduce some new SIRENs. Especially about the other people that might be there, I have a feeling that I might form a mosquito fleet of PT-boats, especially from three Production Boats that might assist the twin Elcos.]

Where we last left off, the Original Alliance had made a fleet move toward a particular region that would clash with the fleet of the Crimson Alliance Fleet. While on the way, Pandora had told Belfast that nothing's wrong after her initial collapse after accidentally touching the Black Mental Cube in the meeting room, but it was the setting point for what is to come.

During the battle, two SIREN Ships had transformed into Wisdom Cubes, revealing two SIREN-people, a male, and a female, both of whom, with names unrevealed. And during a little dogfight in the skies, Pandora had saved Enterprise at the last moment, before she took the final blow against Kaga, which causes a surge of power to rise within her body, and unleash it, within the Mirror Sea.

Which would later become a threat to the two alliances, and the SIRENs themselves, as Pandora, under the control of her Ashen-counterpart named Conformi, had nearly killed Akagi with her energy arrows' blasts, before coming back to her senses to realize what she'd done. And because of the light she emitted within the Mirror Sea, both of the fleets that belonged to Azur Lane, and the Crimson Axis, were taken to an icy sea.

And the questions begin to emerge from them, when they witnessed, what had occurred. "What happened to Pandora?" "Where did the surge of energy came from?" and "Can they suppress her overflowing energy?" And along with that, can Pandora regain her Humanity, and her personality, after losing it to what she had done to Akagi?

[Location: Unknown Sea/Atlantic Ocean]

As the winter snow begins to fall down from the skies, the fleet of Azur Lane has came to a standstill after they were brought here, by the bright beam of light that came from Pandora. Edinburgh is checking the other Ship-girls and Ship-boys who were with the fleet, especially some newly equipped, Production Boats of the Elco and Higgins-class PT Boats that were onboard the fleet.

PT-72 and PT-73 were a little surprised to see some additional people that came from their other world, as their names are after their real-life counterparts. Those people happened to be PT-459, a 78-foot long Higgins-PT Boat named "Mahogany Menace", PT-657, another 78-foot long Higgins-PT Boat that was converted into a Charter Boat, under the name of "Malihini", and finally, PT-486, an 80-foot long Elco that went under different names, like "Big Blue", and "Sightseer".

PT-459 has the appearance of a 9-year old with short-medium black hair, and blue eyes. His clothing consists of a two-tone shirt of Ink-black and Rose-red, Ghost-white long shorts, and Wine-red shoes with Feather-white soles. His signature accessory of his attire, is his headset. He's the second youngest of them who has a knack for tactics despite his age, but he's also annoyed with PT-486's childishness at times.

PT-657 meanwhile, has the appearance of a 10-year old, with medium-black hair that's dyed a Canary-yellow at the tips, and with a pair of Amber-colored eyes. She's normally wearing a Rhino-grey, off-shoulder-shirt with Wood-brown colored outlines, a Hunter-green long skirt, and Leather-black shoes with Mint-green socks. She can be considered as the more logical of the three Production PT-Boats that were chosen to be taken into the fleet, to meet their other siblings.

And finally, PT-486 is the last of the Production PT-boats that happened to be armed. Her appearance is that of a 7-year old, with short, black-brown hair and Azure-blue eyes. Although her outfit consisted of a modified Midnight-blue jumpsuit, who's sleeves, and legs, end past her knees and elbows, a pair of Navy-blue socks with Slate-white stripes, and Merigold-orange shoes with Hibiscus-red soles, she doesn't seem to be minding it, unaware about the oddity that she's wearing. Because that she's basically a child, she wanted to keep the mood together as she's with the fleet.

They were recently equipped with their own rigs that are mostly for their own self-defense, and they were aboard the fleet before they realized. When they were spotted by Edinburgh though, 486 had to take the blame for sneaking into the fleet, and staying hidden inside the ship in the first place. Who's ship was it? It was Pandorus' ship, which didn't turned into Wisdom Cubes at the time.

The silence had to be broken by HMS London, of the County-class Heavy Cruisers.

London: "Yes. When the special combat zone collapsed earlier, it seemed to have also caused the rest of the nearby area to become unstable as well."

Hood: "Is all of this, done by the SIRENs?"

P. Wales: "The Sakura Empire's 'Project Orochi', and that mysterious event that was caused by Pandora... I cannot help but feel that they are related in some way. Especially about when she collapsed from touching the Black Mental Cube, during our meeting."

Edward Dyson: "Yes, they have to be. It must be the reason why Pandora is acting up like this."

Q. Elizabeth: "Well, in order to thwart whatever it is, the SIRENs are plotting... We cannot let the Sakura Empire escape."

Polacca had to walk towards Edward Dyson as she tugged on his sleeve to point at the crack that's in the sky, it must've been there when Pandora had been possessed by Conformi.

Edward Dyson: "I know Polacca, I know... do you think Pandora might still be saved?"

The crack in the sky is showing a starry void that's connected to space, nobody wants to be sucked into there, would they? Everyone else in the Azurian Fleet were looking at it curiously, as Cleveland and the rest of her siblings were watching it, along with Hammann, San Diego and Portland.

Columbia: "Big sis... What's going on?"

Cleveland: "How would I know...?"

Hornet: "What are you doing... Pandora? What happened to you?"

Enterprise and Belfast were watching a piece of a SIREN Ship that's from the crack, to the cold waters of the winter ocean, before a large chunk of Ice fell into said waters, which turned out to be the Atlantic Ocean.

Enterprise: "Pandora... was this, what you were trying to prevent? Why'd you have to take the hit?"

Belfast: "Enterprise, I'm sure that she wanted to protect you, the same way..."

Enterprise: "I know... it reminds me of what happened on that day, h-how I... n-nearly... lost my big sister... Yorktown..."

Belfast: "I know that she'll be back..."

The two looked at each other before they stared at the cracks in the skies, and to the one in front of them, as they started to think about their little prodigy...

Enterprise and Belfast: "Pandora..."

[Timeskip brought to you by the author's I/O getting destroyed by a roach inside the CPU on the 13th of December]

Being separated from the main fleet because of the disturbance that came from Pandora, Javelin, Laffey PT-72 and PT-73 were trying to find them in the harsh winter storm of the Atlantic Ocean.

Laffey: " *achoo!* Cold..."

PT-72: "I-I... I don't... seem to be feeling good... Laffey, maybe hold my hand... I'm already cold as well..."

Feeling the need to get closer to Laffey so she and him, can warm each other up, they had to huddle up together as they clung to each other as they tried to progress onward.

PT-73: "brrrrr... I normally would enjoy this, but this is actually a little too cold..."

Javelin: "We got separated from the others... we have to regroup with the fleet, soon."

The winter wind begins to blow a little harder as two silhouettes from the smoke that's in front of them. It was Monowai and Ayanami.

Javelin: "Oh... Ayanami, Monowai..."

Monowai is simply smiling at the two, while Ayanami is trying to keep a stern look at them as it was a two-on-two battle, as Laffey sneezes from the cold environment of the Atlantic Ocean. A voice is heard from someone, as they commented about the state of the world, as the scene cuts out to various scenes depicting the explanation.

???: "The world used to be a simple place. Fighting was the reason we existed, our enemies were invaders from the outside. In addition, Humanity was backed into a corner."

It then cuts towards the three Yorktown-sisters, Enterprise, Hornet, and Yorktown, their leader of their Aircraft Carrier-class. They were sailing ahead.

???: "It was a tough world to live in, but there was no doubt in our fighting. To fight. To protect. Those two things were one and the same, no contradictions. But..."

Laffey: "achoo!"

PT-72: "S-Still... cold..."

Ayanami: "This again... Why won't you fight?! What are you thinking?!"
Mind: "What did Monowai said exactly? He told them the truth behind Project Orochi? Is that why he's smiling? Why does he not want to fight them, he's still a warship!"

PT-72 puts his rig on, in preparation, as Monowai begins to sense something that's approaching them, he's beginning his rebellion phase against the Sakura Empire to rejoin the Azur Lane Alliance.

Laffey: "We told you before. We want to be friends with you."

Javelin: "That's right! We want to be friends with you, Ayanami-"

Javelin gets interrupted with Ayanami, who still refuses to admit the truth as she tried to uphold the fact that they were supposed to be enemies, when it was out of fear, regarding the Black Mental Cube that caused the war to target their allies, and villainizing them.

Ayanami: "We're enemies! What are you talking about?!"

Laffey: "It doesn't matter."

Ayanami: "It does matter! We are warships... Fighting the enemy is natural!"

Monowai: "Ayanami. That's enough."

Ayanami was taken back when Monowai spoke back against her. She couldn't believe that Monowai is talking back on her, as soon as Javelin said that it isn't simply black-and-white.

Javelin: "He's right... We're not that simple."

Ayanami: "..."

The Japanese Destroyer couldn't form any words, as Monowai senses an artillery shell heading towards them, and slices it apart with his katana, causing the shell to break apart and split into two different directions, just as Laffey and PT-72 pushed Javelin down to avoid it.

*SLASH!*

Laffey/PT-72: "Watch out!" (Laffey) "Javy! Duck!" (PT-72)

*BOOM!*

The split shell had missed with the explosion with the rise of two water columns, as Monowai senses her friends approaching, and they exclaimed about Monowai's actions that it caused him to slice her chance to signal her.

Yuudachi: "Hey! Stop bullying Ayanami!"

Shigure: "Monowai, what was that for?! We were trying to let you escape!"

Yukikaze: "Yeah!"

The British Destroyer was going to tell them that they weren't going to fight, but her pleas were ignored with the splash of artillery shells that were missing them by a slight margin.

Javelin: "Wait! We don't want to fight..."

PT-72: "Look out!"

As the brother Elco covers Javelin from the artillery, Yukikaze said that it was a trick to at least get Ayanami to listen to their lies.

Yukikaze: "We won't fall for that!"

But the comment was responded back by Monowai firing upon his ally, before sailing away.

Yukikaze: "What th-?!"

*BOOM!*

Yukikaze: "Ahh!"

She was flung back from Monowai's attack as she landed back down on the sea, with Shigure reaching her hand out to the latter, before she grabbed Ayanami's hand.

Shigure: "What are you hanging around for?! Let's get out of here!"

PT-72: "Hey!" (He started to fire a couple torpedoes at the Japanese Destroyers, along with his 30.06 Lewis and 50. Cal Machine-guns.)

*BOOM!*

Shigure: "Augh!" (She ends up taking a hit from one of PT-72's torpedoes)

As PT-73 begins to fire her machine-guns, Yukikaze told them that they'll settle the score in the future... before she gets bombarded with 30.06 and 50. caliber bullets.

Yukikaze: "We'll settle this in the future- yeow!" (She was interrupted by the barrage of 30.06 and 50. caliber bullets that were hitting her)

Yuudachi: "We won't be easy with you next time!"
Mind: "Monowai, why did you betray us like that? Do you not see us, as a friend now?"

As Yuudachi manages to dodge a torpedo from PT-72, but nearly gets hit by PT-73's torpedo, Javelin tries to reach out to Ayanami, calling out her name, and Monowai's name, before she and Laffey, along with the Elco Siblings, were pushed back by the waves of the Atlantic Ocean, and the possible artillery blasts.

Javelin: "Ayanami! Monowai! Whua-!"

Belfast only came in, at the last moment to rescue Javelin, when PT-73 manages to get out from the waves, while dragging her brother PT-72, she and him nearly drowned.

Belfast: "Are you alright?"

Javelin: "Belfast.."

Enterprise: "How about you, Laffey?"

Laffey: "I'm alright."

Javelin: "Oh! What about 72 and 73?"

PT-73: "We're okay- *cough!* Nearly became a victim..."

Belfast: "Let us depart. It is not safe here."

PT-73: "Agree- *cough!*"

The six of them decided to move away from their current position, to a better spot so they can get to work on a plan.

[.....]

----------

There was a voice in the void, as it tells about the complexity of the world, and why it became so entangled with it's odd nature.

"The world we live in... Since when has it become so complex?"

A cherry blossom petal fell into the endless void, as several others begin to follow.

"Facing a common enemy, but yet, our guns are pointed at each other."

As Pandora looked in front of her, there was a cherry blossom tree. She had tears in her eyes regarding about her attack on Akagi.

Pandora: "..... Akagi... why did I do that?"

As Pandora tried to retain her tears, she turns to her left to see two masked children that resembled Kaga and Akagi. When she saw them, she tearfully tried to approach them, only for them to disappear with a pink light.

???: "Oh, they're still lost in their concerns. They're always together, but when they cry, they cry alone. They're both clumsy, that's what."

The voice of a female was heard, as Pandora turned her attention to see who was speaking. A female who looked like Akagi, is seen, wielding an umbrella. That was Amagi, the big sister of Akagi and Kaga.

Amagi: "You can say that they're just like you."

Pandora: "H-Have we... met before?"

Amagi shakes her head to signal 'no', before she turned her attention to the lone Cherry Blossom tree.

Amagi: "But, there is a connection. We were born with the memories of warships embedded within us. A distant sea, beyond the boundaries of time itself. Braiding together countless emotions. Please, do not forget that within you, lies the prayers of humanity."

When Pandora turns back around, she saw the mask of Akagi, one of the little Aircraft Carriers, sinking into the void with little Kaga watching, as Pandora asked Amagi about her name.

Pandora: "I... who are you...?"

Amagi: "I am the 1st Ship of the Amagi-class Battle-cruisers, Amagi."

Pandora: "Amagi..."

----------

[Timeskip brought to you by the author's own self-frustrations about the deleted notepad data]

[Location: Sakura Empire Fleet]

Back with the Sakuran Fleet, Kaga wakes up with a shocked expression on her face as she laid down on one of the ships of the fleet. With Hangetsu and Mizuki worrying about their brother, Monowai.

Yamashiro: "She's awake!"

Kaga: "Dear sister!"

When Kaga gets up, she spooked Yamashiro that she fell on her back, which she got some assistance from Hangetsu, while Zuikaku rushed over to Kaga's side to pick her up.

Zuikaku: "Kaga! You're badly hurt, please... don't push yourself."

Kaga: "Fifth Carrier Division? What happened?" She seemed confused from what was Zuikaku talking about, since she lost consciousness when Pandora shot her five times.

The other Ship-girls and few Ship-boys were seen, especially a notable sign of Hotaru and Katsuo, huddling next to each other so they can stay warm.

Kaga: "I was fighting the Grey Ghost, until I saw... The Destroyer of Curiosity had pushed her off... and..."

The blue hairclip that Akagi has given her, fell out of her hair, and landed onto her arm, signaling Kaga's memory about her disappearance from the fleet, as she desperately asked Zuikaku about her sister's whereabouts.

Kaga: "Dear sister... yes... Where is my dear sister Akagi?!"

Zuikaku doesn't know what to say, in order to answer, because she wasn't able to know what has happened to Akagi.

Zuikaku: "She's..."

Ayanami, along with Shigure and Yuudachi, being upset about Monowai's rebelling move against their rescue, had decided to check upon the other Sakuran Girls to see if they are faring better, needless to say, they were tired and also, in a pinch.

???: "What's going to happen next?"

???: "The situation is difficult..."

???: "I'm scared..."

???: "There, there... It'll be okay."

Ayanami began to think to herself, regarding about Monowai's actions before she heard a Ship-girl speaking to Shigure.

Ayanami(Mind): "Why did Monowai shoot his main guns, at my friends...? Was I not, really a good ally to him?"

???: "I'm so glad that you're okay...!"

Shigure: "So? What's going on?"

???: "I want to ask you the same question. It's like we're being shown of an illusion."

Hangetsu couldn't stop worrying for his little brother, and the same can go for Mizuki, as they went to Kaga to ask permission to go searching for him, with the permission being granted so they can find him.

When that was happening, Ayanami looks up to the sky to see the cracks that are formed by what has occurred. It seemed... dimensional with the void.

We are then brought back to Shoukaku, who was complaining about how her little sister Zuikaku is spending her time with Kaga, which made her feel lonely.

Shoukaku: "Hmph! Zuikaku is paying too much attention with Kaga! As her big sister, I'm lonely."

Souryuu: "We still haven't found Akagi."

Hyuuga: "The rest of the separated ones have mostly regrouped. If she's not found, then..."

???: "Did the Destroyer of Curiosity... really...?"

Hiryuu: "It's too early to give up! We have to search harder.."

Ise: "But it's not like we can hang around here for as long as we please. This, is a dangerous area. We need to leave."

Another rift is formed, when an iceberg had collapsed, forcing it to fall into the Atlantic Ocean's depths. With Souryuu telling the others about another thing.

Souryuu: "Also, there is one more issue..."

[Somewhere else...]

On top of a Knight-class SIREN Ship that's currently shut down, the other Ship-girls were confused about why it stopped.

???: "It won't budge. Did it overheat or something?"

???: "Could this be another ploy by the enemy?"

???: "I wonder what happened."

A little far from the group of Ship-girls, Atago and Takao were observing the other SIREN Ships that were around the ship that they are standing on, a little surprised that none of them were move as well.

Atago: "The mass-produced SIRENs have shut down..."

Takao: "Not just one, but all of them...?"

[Back to the Sakuran Fleet...]

They were thinking about how the SIREN Ships were disabled, along with the rifts that were forming within the Atlantic Ocean.

Ise: "Is this related to the weird way that the ocean, currently is, right now?"

Souryuu: "Perhaps it is because, the connection to Orochi has been severed."

???: "Losing the Black Mental Cube was a big loss..."

They heard Shoukaku talking about the Black Mental Cube in her own suspicions, regarding how Akagi and Kaga were hiding something, along with the fact that she secretly received word about Monowai's rebelling, she was beginning to think that she has connected two by two.

Shoukaku: "If you think about it, though, this Project Orochi thing..."

Hiryuu: "Shoukaku?"

Shoukaku: "The Black Mental Cube, how we can control the SIRENs... None of those things were explained to us properly."

Hiryuu: "Come on, Shoukaku, at a time like this...?"

Shoukaku: "And that forcefield-type enhancement? Or whatever it was, from Akagi, too. There are too many secrets, don't you think? The 1st Carrier Division elders... What are they hiding?"
Mind: "And receiving the word about Monowai's rebelling against our order is unacceptable by normal means, but was there something that he had to show to the enemy in secret? That must be why Monowai was smiling upon our last skirmish. Was it really the best decision?"

[Timeskip brought to you by the Author trying to remember certain details about his character bios to fix the damages]

Enterprise, Belfast, PT-73, Javelin, Laffey, and PT-72 were still trying to get across the Atlantic Ocean to regroup with the Azurian Fleet, with Javelin being asked by Belfast, who was asking if she's still thinking about Ayanami.

Belfast: "Are you concerned about that Sakura Empire girl?"

Javelin: "So... you must've saw.."

Belfast: "Yes. I apologize for being late to come help you. Though, I must admit, that Sakura Empire boy, betraying his allies on their attack, is something I didn't expect from him.."

PT-73: "I never expected it too, but... this must be him, wanting to switch sides..."

Javelin: "Um... aren't you mad at us?"

Belfast: "Excuse me?"

Javelin: "Ayanami is our enemy... But we don't want to fight her. However, we don't know what to do..."

Belfast: "You should continue to dwell on this."

Javelin and PT-73: "Huh?"

Belfast: "Keep thinking. We cannot let the situation continue to make our decisions for us. Our powers must not be taken lightly. We were created to fight, not to destroy."

PT-72(Mind): "To fight... and protect, not to destroy and devoid anything, of life..."

Javelin and Laffey: "Yes!" (Javelin) "Yeah." (Laffey)

A splash interrupted their moment as a piece of a SIREN Ship falls into the Atlantic Ocean depths, followed with the cold winds blowing harder on them.

Belfast: "This area is especially dangerous. Please try to regroup with the fleet as quickly as possible."

Javelin: "What about you two?"

Enterprise: "I have to at least, try to find Pandora... after what she had done for me, I can't help but be concerned for her sake."

Belfast: "I'll join you too. I am a maid. Being by her side, is also a part of my duty."

Laffey: "Laffey will help, too."

PT-72: "I-I... may be freezing... but I can't leave her be, just like you..."

Belfast and Enterprise: "But..."

Javelin: "We will help find Pandora. Let's all go home together."

PT-73: "No ship-person left behind!"

Both Enterprise and Belfast smiled for the Destroyers and Elco-boats, who were grateful for their help to try and find Pandora.

[Timeskip brought to you by Chibi PT-72, shivering from the Atlantic Ocean and muttering the name 'Lavern']

Kaga: "What?! Say that again."

The Japanese Carrier-girl seemed distraught with the decision to leave Akagi behind, because she didn't want to abandon her to die without help. Zuikaku, trying to calm her down, didn't seem to do anything to keep her down to a chilled level.

Zuikaku: "Kaga, please calm down!"

Hotaru(Mind): "I don't think she will... if I lose my brother Katsuo, I'd be acting out the same way as well..."

Souryuu: "We are ending our search for Akagi, effective immediately. All remaining ships that are still on duty, are to regroup with the fleet, leave this area, and return to the Sakura Empire Headquarters."

Enraged by the response, Kaga pushes Zuikaku aside as she pointed her finger at Souryuu, telling her that she can't leave her dear sister Akagi, behind.

Kaga: "Unacceptable! Akagi is our flagship! There is no way, I can allow you to leave her behind!"

Souryuu: "Like what you said, we have lost our flagship, and the Mass-Produced SIRENs are no longer functioning, either. Our fleet, no longer has the ability to continue the operation. So, we cannot remain in this area anymore. We cannot risk the entire fleet for Akagi."

Kaga: "Souryuu! ..... you...!"

She was going to let our her frustrations, before she collapsed from her energy being expended after trying to stay up for so long, with what little stamina she has, from her fight with Pandora, making her tired.

Kaga: "Dear sister... Dear sister Akagi..."

Souryuu: "What else can we do...?"

Hiryuu: "Dear sister Souryuu..."

Katsuo: "I have no idea on what to do, but... does anyone have a report?"

As if he spoke for the devil's timing, IJN Kako came in with her report regarding Azur Lane, which is noticed by the two Gunboats, the three Destroyers, and the other Sakuran girls.

Kako: "Reporting."

[At the Azur Lane Fleet]

Helena is telling the other Azurians about the main Sakuran Fleet being nearby, as they were beginning to prepare for battle.

Helena: "We've tracked down the main Sakura Empire fleet."

Cleveland: "So we have to do this?"

Menestheus: "We have to..."

P. Wales: "Yes. The power of the SIRENs that they control is too dangerous. If we let them go now, the situation could get far worse."

Hornet also stated that they have no choice, because it's already a period of war.

Hornet: "There's no other way... This is war..."

Tyler: "And we have to stop them... If we don't, it may start the end of Humanity..."

[At the Sakura Empire Fleet]

The other Ship-people were noticing the Azurian Fleet closing in, as they commented that they are not going to let them escape, with Hiryuu commenting that she'll lure the fleet of Azur Lane away so they can escape, only for Zuikaku proposing to be the rear guard to stay behind.

Hiryuu: "It seems that they're not willing to let us slip away freely."

Souryuu: "We can't take them head-on in our current state."

Hiryuu: "Dear sister Souryuu, please command the retreat. I will pull the fleet of Azur Lane away from here."

Zuikaku: "No, I'll be the rear guard."

Shoukaku: "Zuikaku!?"

Hiryuu: "I'm your elder--I can't let you do that!"

Shoukaku: "This isn't something that you should feel responsible for..."

Zuikaku: "Shoukaku... I really understand about how Kaga feels. I think, if I also lost my sister, I would break down as well."

Hotaru: "Zuikaku... I would definitely feel the same way if my brother's gone..."

As Hotaru said it to the Aircraft Carrier, Shoukaku looks at her little sister, processing on what did she said while closing her eyes, before nodding at her.

Shoukaku: "It's okay, Zuikaku. Your sister will always be by your side."

Katsuo: "And... I know that me and my sister had already first tasted combat, but we won't let you go alone!"

Hotaru: "We'll stay with you if we must, whether you like it or not..."

Hiryuu: "I see. Take care of yourselves, to all of you."

The four ship-people nodded as they looked at the fleet, before encountering Ayanami, Shigure, Yukikaze and Yuudachi to reassure them.

Zuikaku: "It's fine, all good! I may not look like it, but I'm a lucky ship!"

Shoukaku: "Take care of everyone, please."
Mind: "So Monowai was the one who attacked them? I guess he couldn't keep it together now... we'll find him and figure out what used to bug him."

Ayanami: "Shoukaku..."

The four Ship-people had left the group of Ship-girls as the fleet watches them in the distance, before they departed. Streams of smoke were trailing behind them as they swirled and scissored.

Takao: "They took off."

Ayanami: "I don't know what to do."

Takao: "Ayanami..."

Ayanami: "But.. there is one thing... that I must do.."

As the four Ship-people begin to scissor and weave together as they approached the Azurian Fleet, an artillery shell is see flying towards them. When they saw it, they quickly get out of the way as soon as they looked at each other, before dodging the incoming shell.

P. Wales: "Dodged..."

Just as Prince of Wales had said that, an incoming shell came towards her position, but she quickly dodges it, destroying the iceberg that she was formerly standing on.

Far out of their visual range, Tester Beta is seen, commenting about how Humanity's self-contradicting morals, are never failing to give a sense of enjoyment to her.

Tester Beta: "The human race is continuing to entertain me. They say that they despised war, yet they are always choosing to fight each other. Their internal contradictions are simply corrigible."

Observer Alpha: "They are a mirror, reflecting the thoughts and histories of humans. Conflict is the core of human-kind. Yes... War never changes, regardless of Era."

Beholder Gamma: "*yawn* But... for the path of war... leads to peace... for the path towards it, requires blood... to be shed..."

Tester Beta: "What, did you pick up that quote from somewhere?"

Beholder Gamma: "Yes.... sorry... *yawn* I'm sleepy..."

Observer Alpha(Sweatdropping): "You're always lazy, Beholder... Tester Beta, how's the healing on Akagi?"

Tester Beta: "She's doing okay... although the healing is still incomplete, she's mostly stabilized after the long amount of time we have spent for her healing. I tried to at least stop Conformi, but it seems likely that she's going to kill both of Humanity, and the SIRENs, within Pandora, if we do not stop or suppress her powers."

Observer Alpha: "Well, the first one is good, because Akagi still has a role to play. Thanks to the 'Destroyer of Curiosity', the Black Mental Cube has acquired a huge amount of data, it's enough to awaken 'Project Orochi'. However, because of the power that's lying within Pandora, largely in thanks to Conformi, the Black Mental Cube has cracked."

That alone, has raised some concerns about their plan, mainly because of the Black Mental Cube's physical state, and the amount of power it's currently holding. Because, what if the power it contains, might actually be unstable for the Orochi?

Beholder Gamma: "What?"

Tester Beta: "This might complicate things... it would've gone our way if it weren't for the Mental Cubes to develop this abnormality, and to bring Pandora to this world."

Observer Alpha: "Yes... and the second one is mostly worrisome, something to be concerned about."

Beholder Gamma: "Well, we may need to... test out the amount of power from the... *yawn* the Black Mental Cube... to see if it can work with Orochi."

Tester Beta: "Well, we did obtain the data we needed, why don't we see if it can work with our plan?"

Observer Alpha: "Alright then, let's see how far this power can go, for this is the time that Orochi, shall awaken."

Prince of Wales is currently trying to land a shot on Zuikaku, but she couldn't due to her speed, although she did have some assistance from Stonehenge, making it more likely to hit the fast-moving Aircraft Carrier. And true to that fact, Zuikaku backed away as soon as a barrage of shells from the Delaware-class Battleship, had landed next in-front of her. Had it been more direct, she would most assuredly, would've been severely wounded.

Shoukaku, noticing the barrage that has occurred, decided to use the opportunity to create a air cover for her sister with the usage of her aircraft, while Hotaru and Katsuo fired a barrage from above the smoke, and on top of them. They may have known that their 3, 3-inch/120mm guns aren't enough to pierce the belt armor of a Light Cruiser, or even a Destroyer sometimes, they would at least try and hit them from above with a method called 'plunging fire'.

Sure enough, Stonehenge came in to shield Prince of Wales from above, before she fired a shot into the smoke, causing the shell to nearly hit Zuikaku as it crumbles a piece of the iceberg. While for Shoukaku's aircraft that are ablaze, and filled with black smoke, they fired upon San Diego with their guns.

As the Crane Sisters look for an exit, Zuikaku notices a passage that they can take, so she nodded to her sister to give her the signal, and provide a water splash curtain to block the others from seeing them on visual as they make it for the passageway, which got Cleveland, a little confused from the action.

Menestheus: "That's... new."

Unbeknownst to her, as Zuikaku moved towards the passage between the icebergs, and she tries to navigate through the icy maze, she was being watched by Enterprise, Belfast, PT-72, PT-73, Javelin, Laffey, PT-459, PT-657 and PT-486, from above. The new PT-Boats, who were dragged into the battle, after requesting the Omni-cron Operatives to let them see their brethren, were armed with their rigs, just in case.

PT-459's rig simply consisted of a single hull that's halved down to 39 feet, retaining a pair of twin 50. caliber machine guns and a quadruple torpedo mount to represent the firing mechanism of his Torpedoes. A knight's visor is seen, painted in rusted blue and red colors, half-and-half, which references his real-life counter-part.

While for PT-657, her rig is simply an elongated platform that resembles the 78-feet long Higgins-PT Boat, with two, twin 50. calibers on the top, with a single-barreled pistol to represent her 20mm Oerlikon Cannon. A set of white and green googles are resting on top of her head to represent her real-life counter-part's hull colors, which is converted into a charter fishing boat.

And PT-486's rig, composes of twin rigs retaining twin 50. calibers on both sides, and twin torpedo mounts are on both of her hips. White-and-Red metal bracelets are seen on both of her hands.

[I do know that they aren't exactly ready for combat in real-life, but there was an idea that was floating around in mind that it prompted me to create them in Azur Lane. If I don't this badly, at least forgive me for the ideas in my hyper-active imagination?]

As Zuikaku sailed on for a few minutes, she saw the ominous Vermillion-red and Midnight-blue glow of Pandora's eyes, as she made a surprising appearance on top of an Iceberg.

Zuikaku: "Pandora?!"

As she did not respond to Zuikaku's distant voice, her rig began to fire a rain of energy shells down upon the Japanese Carrier, causing a massive barrage to be seen in the distance as huge pillars of water erupted from the artillery attacks.

As time begins to slow down as Zuikaku tries to dodge Pandora's attacks, she saw her sister Shoukaku coming towards her to the left.

Shoukaku: "Zuikaku!"

Zuikaku: "Sister!?"

Katsuo: "Look out!"

When Shoukaku hugged her sister to shield her from Pandora's attacks with her body, Katsuo came in to push them out of the crosshairs, just in time as he jumped back to avoid the rain of energy shells.

Hotaru: "You okay?"

Katsuo: "Yeah... but I can't believe this. Pandora isn't even listening!"

As several more artillery shells begin to fall, a huge chunk of an iceberg fell off as it plunged into the ocean, with the Azurian Fleet watching the scene unfold before their very eyes. Some are even frightened, or scared from the power that's surging within Pandora.

Menestheus: "Oh, holy crap...! If power like that wasn't going berserk, then Pandora could take down a Heavy Cruiser, or even a Battleship...!"

Celeveland: "Y-You... got that right..."

In the distance, Hornet is only watching with Tyler as she saw the numerous artillery shells that are beginning to fall down upon the detachment fleet. She seemed worried for the Eagle Union's prodigy ship, as Tyler is starting to worry about her power.

Hornet: "Pandora?"

Tyler: "This surge of power... it has to be stopped somehow..."

The barrage of energy shells had stopped before the last shell has hit the ocean.

[.....]

-----

Inside the starry void, Pandora is on her knees as she saw Conformi slaughtering an armada of Ships, related to both Humanity, and the SIRENs, within a burning sea.

With what she was seeing, she saw Yorktown's corpse, along with San Diego, Ark Royal, Menestheus, the Elco Siblings', and the other remnants of Humanity, along with some of the SIREN Elites all dead, as Conformi started to kill the SIREN Fleet that's approaching her, but they all succumbed to her cannons' energy shells.

She then heard Observer Alpha's voice as she turns around, with tears in her eyes because of what she's seeing.

Observer Alpha: "Now then... Someone has told me... Will there ever be a day, when all conflict ends? You know the answer to that question better than anyone."

A burning white flag fell to the sea as Pandora, tearfully replied to her about Humanity being capable of changing.

Pandora: "Enterprise... t-told me this... 'War never Changes, no matter the Era'... but, w-why...? Can't people change as well?"

Observer Alpha can only frown to Pandora's answer, as she knows that it takes a lot of time for a person to commit themselves to changing permanently for themselves, in the sake for good.

Observer Alpha: "That, my dearest Pandora... is something you must know. I know that people can change, but some refuse to do so... all because of their pride."

-----

[Back to Reality]

When the scene changes back to reality, Zuikaku already tossed a red origami, which resembles a Mitsubishi A6M Zero, to strike at Pandora as it headed straight towards her.

Zuikaku: "Pandora!"

*BOOM!*

The A6M Zero had crashed into Pandora, who winched in pain as soon as it collided, and it created smoke all around her. When the smoke clears, Pandora was fine, albeit in a dusty manner, and her short-bow being damaged.

When Zuikaku had noticed that the origami had failed to stop Pandora, as she sees Shoukaku is still up and kicking, she shouted her thanks at Katsuo for being there.

Zuikaku: "... Thanks Katsuo!"

Katsuo: "It's no biggie! At least Shoukaku is okay as well!"

Shoukaku: "Zuikaku?"

Zuikaku: "Sis!"

As the Japanese Carrier is distracted with her sister getting up from getting pushed out of the way, Pandora had already primed her pistol component as she fired a bullet at Zuikaku, hoping to finish her off as she noticed the flash of light to signal that she fired upon her. However...

The attack missed.

*BOOM!*

When the bullet had missed, Pandora fired another shot at them, right before the Iceberg had blown a chunk of itself apart to reveal Ayanami and Monowai, with the former realizing about the sense of foreboding that would imply danger, and the latter demanding that Pandora should snap out of her control link with Conformi.

Zuikaku: "Ayanami!? Monowai?!"

Ayanami(Mind): She was in the air as she hopped across the ice pieces that were in the air to reach the energy bullet. "I don't know what I should do... But...! There's one thing that I do know!"

Monowai(Mind): As he hopped across the flying ice pieces of the Iceberg, he has a face of determination. "I should've realized it sooner... but my elders had commanded me to ignore it. However, I can't let them control my actions now!"

That's when Ayanami and Monowai had dragged their katanas, into the energy bullet before slicing it apart in two!

Ayanami/Monowai(Minds): "I know that... I don't like this!" (Ayanami) "Please... You must snap out of this! Pandora!" (Monowai)

*BOOOOM!!!*

When the energy bullet had exploded after it was split in two, it was enough to get Pandora to look up. In her eyes, she saw Ayanami and Monowai, their rigs all damaged, and their clothes are slightly singed as they fell from the sky, with her eyes now losing the Vermillion-red and Midnight-blue lights as she breaks out of Confromi's control.

That's when the Ocean had ripped open with a massive crack, forming a rift that's filled with the void of space, and a Galaxy-purple color.

Pandora(Weakly): ".... O-Oh no... Mono.. Aya... nami.."

Javelin and Laffey, along with the PT-Boat Siblings were watching Ayanami and Monowai, who were beginning to fall, but they can't just let that happen. They have to do something, and fast!

PT-459(Mind): "Oh boy... What are they going to do?"

Belfast: "Go!"

Javelin and Laffey: "Yes!" (Javelin) "Yeah!" (Laffey)

PT-72 and PT-73: "On it!" (PT-72) "Now!" (PT-73)

Javelin and Laffey went sliding down the ice, with PT-72 and PT-73 right behind them. They were trying their best to catch up with the falling Destroyers.

Laffey: "Deactivating self-imposed limiter!"

As the two Destroyers, and the two Elco PT-Boats begin to free-fall after jumping, Javelin tosses her anchor towards the ice to make a connection so they wouldn't fall, with PT-73 doing the same thing as she tosses a similar chain-linked anchor towards the top of the iceberg.

*CLANG!*

As the 4 began to get closer, Laffey grabs onto Ayanami's hand, with PT-72 grabbing Monowai's hand, as Javelin and PT-73 then picked up their friend and brother, with the chains of the anchor pulling them away from the portal rift.

Everyone else, who was watching the scene unfold, were either surprised or proud of the accomplishment, as Javelin is trying to keep themselves up, but she commented that it's a little too heavy for her to bear.

Javelin: "Too heavy...!"

Pandora, seeing all of this, had her eyes watering as she collapsed onto her knees, muttering what was on her mind, as she started to think that she'll cause harm to those, all around her. Javelin also had to say to Ayanami to at least hurry and climb back up, with PT-72 telling Monowai the same thing.

Pandora(Barely): "W-Wh.... what was I... d-doing?"
Mind: "What have I done...? What have I done...?!"

Javelin: "Climb up quickly...!"

PT-72: "Monowai! Hurry!"

As if on cue, Hangetsu and Mizuki were being apprehended as they heard what was going on.

???(To Hangetsu and Mizuki): "For that note, you are coming with us. You're going back to Azur Lane for a debriefing."

Ayanami looks up to the two Destroyers, as if she's being grateful for their actions, with Monowai noticing the two PT-boats after he got out of his blank unconsciousness, thanking them.

Ayanami and Monowai: "Thank you."

[Timeskip brought to you by the fleet returning to Pearl Harbor]

[I just hope that my mindset was still in it's right place, because I have no idea why did I thought about this. I hope that you might be somewhat okay with it.]

[Location: Azur Lane Domitories]

After the fleet had returned from the Atlantic Ocean, and apprehended Ayanami, Monowai, Mizuki, and Hangetsu as their P.O.Ws, or "Prisoners of War", everyone decided to get a break for tomorrow morning for a little relaxation.

In fact, everyone else seemed to be asleep from what they had went through, everyone except for Hammann, apparently. She's waiting outside of the Elco Siblings' room for one of them to talk to.

She was getting annoyed that she had to speak to a boy, but this boy, had to be special in her eyes. It was PT-72 that she was waiting for, the one whom she slapped, back at the docks, and the one whom she can trust. Because... apparently, the Tsundere had a series of nightmares.

Hammann(Mind): "PT-72 better get up... I couldn't get a wink of sleep from those nightmares..."

She didn't have to wait long, because soon enough, PT-72 came outside, with his pillow, which happened to be a cat-eared one that's reminiscent of Akashi, made by someone within the Eagle Union.

The fellow Torpedo Boat yawned as he tried to remain awake.

PT-72: "Hammann... why'd you call me out here?"

Hammann: "Listen... Hammann wanted to speak with you... It's mostly personal, but... I couldn't sleep because... I had nightmares..."

PT-72: "O-Oh... I-I see..."

Hammann: "Hammann wanted to... ngh... to ask you if... you can keep an eye on me, ... while I sleep..."

The Elco didn't understand what was Hammann talking about, as he was about to question it, the latter told her that he shouldn't get the wrong idea in his head.

PT-72: "H-Huh?"

Hammann: "D-Don't get the wrong idea! I-I... just want to ask you this, just this once, okay?!"

PT-72: "O-Okay..."

The two of them decided to walk towards the Dorm to where Hammann is sleeping, when the latter decided to let him in, before they closed to door so they can talk.

Hammann: "Listen... aside from what I said from before, Hammann wanted to say something to you..."

PT-72: "And... what would that be?"

Hammann: "Remember what happened at the docks...? I-I... I'm sorry for slapping you a few days ago, okay?! I wasn't paying attention! I honestly thought that... you might be a... pervert, because you are a boy, but... I was wrong... You were honest, and you ain't looking for appearances, but rather... what was inside..."

PT-72(Mind): "She doesn't normally admit things like that. I know she slapped me, but didn't she apologized after everyone had beaten her up, back then? And I still don't understand the term, 'pervert', what does it mean?"

Hammann: "I... turned out to be... a complete jerk because of it... and, I harmed you... Scarring you! The more that I think about it.. the more that I'm beginning to think that... my judgement, about you... was wrong... You were one of the few boys that I can, ...actually trust... And, I felt like I just... severed it... Do you, seem to forgive me after, what I done back then?"

PT-72: ".... I see, ...I'll accept it..."

Hammann: "A-And-! C-Can you... please, stay here? I just... don't want to have nightmares again..."

PT-72 couldn't help but laugh a little from what Sims-class Destroyer had to say to him, which got Hammann to pout in annoyance.

Hammann: "I-It isn't funny you know!"

PT-72: "I know... you ain't the type to admit these sorts of things, before.."

Hammann: "Just... at least sleep on the bed?"

The Elco didn't seem to mind as he went off to bed, while Hammann took some time to prepare herself to sleep with PT-72. Although he never thought that this could save him, he put a towel around his mouth so nothing might get into it, and.... It may have saved his first kiss, actually, or... partially.

PT-72: "zzzzzz...."

Hammann(Mind): "I am starting to hate this, but... PT-72 is the only one whom I can trust... I just hope he knows about decency..."
Voice: "Well... night, I-I guess..."

It took Hammann a while to get herself to sleep, but it took around at least 3 minutes before she dozed off.

Hammann(Mind): "There better not be anything that might happen..."

Thus, the two went to sleep, as time passes by, with Hammann subconsciously adjusting her sleeping position, which would result with something later down the line.

When it was now morning, PT-73 is seen outside, panicking about her brother not being inside the dormitory last night, with the noise that she's making, now causing Hammann to wake up, a little annoyed with the sister Elco's sibling panic.

PT-73(Outside): "Oh gosh, where is my brother...?! Javelin?! Laffey?! Have you seen my brother? I could've sworn that he was in the room when we were sleeping, but the next morning, he was gone!"

Hammann(Mind): "What's with the noise right now? It's getting annoy- E-Eh?!" O/~/O

Apparently, what Hammann had discovered, is that her lips were touching PT-72's, yet he was still asleep, unaware of the towel that he wrapped around his mouth. She thought of the wrong conclusion that PT-72 had somehow kissed her in his sleep, and was about to slap him again, but she reels back as she remembered about what she did.

Hammann(Mind): "E-EEEEEHHH~!? 72, you-" Before her hand can make contact to slap the sleeping Elco, she quickly reels her hand back, unintentionally making her fall down.
Voice: "Ow!"

PT-73(Outside): "Where is PT-72?! I could've sworn he was- huh?" She heard the noises that were coming from the Sims-class Destroyer's dorm.

Hammann(Mind): "I just repaired my connection to him! I don't want to slap him again... He isn't... a pervert, nor an idiot... Wait... Don't tell me... was it, me, who accidentally kissed him?!"

PT-72: "*yawn* Hammann, what's going on?" Apparently he didn't seem to be knowing why is the Sims-class Destroyer getting flustered as she turned towards him, and saw the towel that he placed around his mouth.

Hammann(Mind): "Oh... geez... I don't think he felt that, did he? That towel was there, at least we're only friends though... otherwise, this could be embarrassing..."
Voice: "I-It was nothing...!"

PT-73: (Opening the door while talking) "Hammann, I just heard a... voice?"

That was when PT-73 had opened the door, with Javelin and Laffey standing next to her. They were surprised to see PT-72 on the bed with Hammann, who's currently blushing red as she shakes her hands profusely.

PT-73: "W-What the...?"

Hammann: "W-Wait! I-I-I can explain!" O/~/O

Laffey: "What were you doing with PT-72?"
Mind: "That better not be what I think it is..."

Javelin: "Hammann, are you going to explain this?"
Mind: "Did PT-72 end up here, because of Hammann? Does she have a valid reason?"

PT-73: "Can you really explain all of this, truthfully...?"

Hammann was starting to blush a bright pink, and she's sweating a lot regarding the misunderstanding, so she tried to explain to the two Destroyers, and the Elco PT-boat regarding PT-72's arrival to her dorm, followed with the brother Elco telling his side of the story.

Hammann: "I-I just told him to come over b-because of a nightmare! I-I was just getting scared from all of those bad dreams that I told him to a-accompany me!"

PT-72(Distantly): "So, at least hear me out for a second, Javelin? Laffey? Hammann was calling me to get up at night, when she told me the reason why did she call me. She had nightmares regarding me, so, she told me to go accompany her in her sleep so she can at least be sleeping peacefully... but she also had to remind me about the time she slapped me, and she want to officially say sorry to me, of her own accord. She had to explain to me about why, before she went off to sleep on her bed... I didn't know what was my mouth touching, but the towel around my face must've been a little thick, that it blocked it.."

Hammann: "U-Uhh..." O////O

Javelin: "That... better be an accident there, was it really on your mouth PT-72?"

PT-72: "Yeah, I could've swore that the towel was around my mouth...." What he said was true, his towel was around his mouth that it blocked him from breathing, but it was thick and tight enough to block out something from getting inside, or to get close enough to touch his lips.

Hammann: She was blushing profusely as steam started to appear out of her head, which gotten the others worried. But, she was hoping that the towel really did block her lips from touching PT-72's lips.

[Which by the way, the towel actually did block his mouth from hers'.]

PT-72: "Hammann? Do you seem to have a fever or something?"

Hammann: "N-No... I-I'm fine..." O////O

At least they understood, but the Sims-class Destroyer, couldn't believe it at all, and she thought that PT-72 wouldn't be her ally anymore, after what had transpired, but... thankfully, aside from his description of something warm, but couldn't know why because of his towel being in the way, and seeing that it was having the right thickness to block it out, it may have saved Hammann and PT-72, from their first kiss from getting taken away by accident.

Hammann(Mind): "That... better have been a positional accident..."

And so, the day starts off awkwardly, with a little request, to an averted accident.

[So yeah. I'm sorry if this is kinda a sudden thing, but that was forming inside my head. I don't even know if there's something wrong with my mindset, but... it's the truth. I might be a little hyper-active as usual, and as I begin to type this down, I'm starting to remember a little bit of my memories regarding this. Also, the thing about a cockroach entering my CPU wasn't a random thing, it actually happened. And the computer repairs said that they have to delete the files that were effected, espeically my notepad notes containing my OC Bio Infos. So I have to refill them.]

[And, the thing about those Production Elcos joining Azur Lane? I think I remembered the reason why, I was thinking of a question like... 'What if these production boats see combat for the first time?' At least, that's what I was thinking about. And so, I sorta brought them here, despite knowing that their real-life counterparts, didn't see combat during WW2. And I hope that I do a good job on designing their rigs, and kinda surprising that Elco and Higgins-PT Boats are the ones that America are using.]

[I hope it's kind of, okay for you all? How did I do with them? Was it good, or bad? Leave your thoughts down below here.]

[Also, that was a lot of words that I have to write down, and it nearly reached past 9,000 words like the last chapter, 'The Flight from the Truth'. Holy heck...!]

Created on December 9th, 2021
Time: 10:23pm

Finished on December 17th, 2021
Time: 8:23am

[Published on December 17th, 2021]
[Time: 8:47am]

[Total Amount of Words: 8,989 Words]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 58 5
[RE-IMAGINED 'A BEE OF THE SEAS'] Based on the Aligned continuity Post-RID 2015 A month after the corrupt council members overthrown by bee and his...
3.6K 87 115
(Azur Lane X Girls frontline X The Division X World of Warships) "I'll only say it once and once only, I am the only one who can stop this madness bu...
110K 1.7K 27
The world is at war,the race known as the sirens have come from the unknown and have destroyed cities and killed many people,to counter such a threat...
4.3K 69 7
After a long struggle to get his life started, Jacob makes his way to a Naval base known as Azur Lane, made up of the Eagle Union camp and Royal Navy...