Down the line - itto x reader

By jjkoasis

[itto x reader] He was famous around your village. During a thunderstorm one night, you saw him outside on t... More

[1] Itto, the Oni King
[2] Frozen skies
[3] Visions of the past
[4] Inazuma massacre
[5] The abyss realm
[6] Our beloved Snezhnaya (pt.I)
[7] Our beloved Snezhnaya (pt.II)
[8] Children of Chinju Forest
[9] Who's that
[10] The letter
[11] Senses
[12] No control
[13] Scent of miasma
[14] Wired life
[15] Failed experiment
[16] Transformation
[17] Sumeru
[19] The calm before the storm
[20] Gold
[21] Turn back the clock
[22] Replica
[23] Wicked game
[24] Closer
[25] Victim
[26] Silence
[27] Red swan
[28] After party
[29] So anxious
[30] Shock
[31] Depart
[32] Two siblings
[33] Archons
[34] It all comes to an end
[35] The place they met

[18] Problems within

1.6K 50 81
By jjkoasis

"Do you always eat like an animal?" Scaramouche groaned as he rolled his eyes at the way Itto was scarfing down too much food.

Itto kicked the chair the harbinger was sitting in and almost tipped backwards, making Scaramouche to grip the edge of the table. It would've been funny if he fell, you all were on a high table.

"Shut up, I'm just trying to enjoy my food without needing to hear your commentary jingles." Itto mumbled through his mouthful of food, reaching for his glass of water.

It was well over a few hours since you've left Dottore's lab and been walking around the whole city. You were across from the guys waiting for your food but one of Itto's bugs came crawling towards you.

"You've had these for who knows how long and you haven't given them a name," you reached out for the onikabuto and it crawled onto your hand, "are you going to?" You looked up to see Itto already looking at you and averted his gaze to the bug.

He shrugs and took another bite of his food, hearing a grumble to his side and grinned. Scaramouche kept looking around the restaurant discreetly, feeling something odd.

"Maybe, I just don't know what to name them.." he stopped his hand over his food and thought about some names, "maybe... hm no— OH! Wait actually, nevermind I don't know." He laughed and grabbed another bite till he was done with his food.

After that you got yours and the guys started talking to which it led to an argument as always. While the guys were busy arguing, you were eating but something in the corner of your eye met a tall shadow outside the restaurant.

You were slowly eating but once in a while your eyes would go back to the lingering shadow, just hoping it was your mind playing tricks on you. Scaramouche had noticed. He kicked your foot underneath the table and gave you a look—keeping your stare then looking over to the window where the shadow was.

Your brother moved a little more and leaned against the table and whispered, "they've been there since we got here." Staying still for a moment before leaning back.

It wouldn't be too hard to take a guess why there would be someone already onto you. Any locals could probably tell that you guys aren't from here, maybe someone was on the look out or... maybe it was the doctors men.

Eventually you finished your food and waited for a bit. Itto went to the bathroom and Scaramouche went to go pay, leaving you alone with Itto's beetles.

While they were away, someone's shadow loomed over you and you stilled. Whoever it was, leaned close to your ear and whispered, "be quiet and follow me." They removed themselves from you and left you— following them quick and put Itto's bugs away in your jacket pockets.

____

The person you were following outside the restaurant was wearing all black, covering their face with a hoodie that had ears on top.

You were a few feet away from them but at a good close distance. Itto and Scaramouche probably already noticed you were gone, hopefully they give you some time to see what is going on right now.

When you continued following the mysterious person, you noticed you were straying further away and into a less busy area. Okay... suspicious. Then they had led you to an alley.

"We can talk here."

As they turned, you looked to them confused. They looked to be a native but why are they helping?

"Who are you? Why'd you bring me here?" You questioned, raising a brow and leaned against the wall across from them. They had tanned skin and ruby eyes along with silver hair.

"I can't say for now, just think of me as an ally." He calmly said and looked around warily. "I know you travel with others but, you're the main one who is being targeted."

Targeted? Did your mother really sent her men here? Or in every nation to find all three of you? Whoever this guy was you can't trust him yet...

"And how do you know about us? Is there a bounty for all of us from Inazuma?" That made him quiet. If you were right then why help? "Are you really here to help us out? Or after some mora?" You really wonder how much she's willing to throw away just to get her hands on all of you.

Or what if it's a trap to say she has mora, and it's just to get a hold of you and the other's?

"To help, I need transportation to get to Mondstadt. If I help will you do the same for me?" His ruby eyes flickered to the side when he heard footsteps, making you furrow when you didn't realize them.

It was Itto and Scaramouche, ready to attack but you shook your head quickly. "He's... okay." You pointed to your side and Itto came up quickly to your side. The way he seemed worried over you when he pulled you to him, you didn't push him away... it was nice.

Even when he realized you were okay he didn't fully retreat from you, still staying close by. "So you're not hurt then? Scaramouche and I were searching everywhere after we noticed you were gone."

You turned to face your brother and he looked away with a scowl and a huff, making you smile. "Yes I'm fine. This guy over here was discussing a deal, and I think you guys should hear it."

When they were discussing about what the other had just told you, Itto was rubbing your back and you looked up at him. He didn't notice you but you saw a slight grin appear. You remembered you had his onikabuto's and you tugged on his sleeve.

Itto looked down and he saw you were holding up his two beetles and he was enamored. He let out what seemed to be a strangled cry and hugged you tightly.

"I thought they fell down somewhere and I was so close to tearing up the restaurant!" He leaned down and whispered, "almost snapped your brother's neck for shaking him harshly by the shoulders."

Your shoulders were shaking from trying hard not to laugh right then and there and Itto, he rolled his eyes and motioned you to get on with it and you laughed. "I really do wonder how many of these little bugs you have—"

"Oh man, I've got tons! Let's see... maybe like two hundred and probably more?" He was counting his fingers to himself when Scaramouche cleared his throat.

"Anyways... like I was saying before we got interrupted by this bimbo here, we will help on one condition. You tag along after your duties on Mondstadt. We have a lot to do in Inazuma, but before anything I need something from here."

The other was in thought for a few moments and nodded. The four of you waited out for a while and until it seemed safe, the one with the hoodie left.

"Hopefully there's no hidden agenda with him." Itto mumbled as he walked in front with his onikabuto's in his hands.

____

After you walked around the town for a little bit more you guy's went back to Dottore. It smelled of smoke and the sounds of metal being hammered.

When you walked inside further and noticed the other harbinger right away, he didn't glance up; merely just welcomed you guys in. "Just need a few more adjustments before I can hook it up."

Itto went behind a large bookcase to occupy himself while you and Scaramouche went to the table Dottore was using.

The arm looked to be of the same size and look as your brother's other arm. "Least it looks the same as my other arm, would've hated that it didn't." Scaramouche grumbled.

The masked harbinger laughed and continued fixing the arm. It was only just another few minutes till he finished and motioned over for your brother. You were with Itto and talking about his onikabuto's and what would happen when you get back to Inazuma.

You could hear the harbingers talking just slightly but Scaramouche raised his voice. Itto raised a brow when he looked to you and walked towards the others, "what's wrong? Is it good or not?"

Scaramouche was sitting down on a stool while Dottore works to put the new arm on your brother. "Yes, but he's saying it's on too tight or whatever he's complaining about." Dottore didn't look up, only adjusting the arm.

So again, after a while the new arm was placed in and Scaramouche tested it out and when he was fine with it he was already at the door. Itto was beside you and Dottore came up close, making Itto step closer in a protective manner.

"It's getting late we should go, see you." Your brother looked over his shoulder to see the masked doctor nod, seeing an odd grin but he brushed it off and went out the door and you followed.

Itto stayed behind for a few seconds and when you saw him got out, he looked a bit concerned but when he noticed you, he smiled and handed you one of his onikabuto's while he held the other close to him.

____

HAD NO LUCK TODAY FOR ITTO

have you guys gotten him yet?  😣

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 47.5K 104
❝ WHICH ROUTE WILL YOU CHOOSE ? ❞ in which you pick a route for a character in genshin impact (which should really be dating sim) (book two , genshin...
324K 16.8K 19
[𝘞𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺?] ...
316K 10.4K 28
- "𝑨 𝒔𝒉𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒃 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒊?" - "𝑾𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓!" [DISCLAIMER] all pictures an...
16.5K 462 12
You were just an ordinary citizen of Mondstadt, nothing too special about you. The only thing that made you stand out from others was your kindness...