Esztar Is Falling

By Mysteriously_Wicked

•BOOK II OF THE ESZTAR SERIES• "Esztar is falling." Those were the words an invisible spy mumbled just a few... More

LONG TIME, MATES!
C H A P T E R 01
C H A P T E R 02
C H A P T E R 03
C H A P T E R 04
C H A P T E R 05
C H A P T E R 06
C H A P T E R 07
C H A P T E R 08
C H A P T E R 09
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 38
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H AP T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
C H A P T E R 46
C H A P T E R 47
C H A P T E R 48
C H A P T E R 50
C H A P T E R 51
C H A P T E R 52
C H A P T E R 53
C H A P T E R 54
C H A P T E R 55
C H A P T E R 56
C H A P T E R 57
C H A P T E R 58
C H A P T E R 59
C H A P T E R 60
C H A P T E R 61
C H A P T E R 62
C H A P T E R 63
C H A P T E R 64
C H A P T E R 65
C H A P T E R 66
C H A P T E R 67
C H A P T E R 68
C H A P T E R 69
C H A P T E R 70
C H A P T E R 71
C H A P T E R 72
C H A P T E R 73
C H A P T E R 74
C H A P T E R 75
C H A P T E R 76
C H A P T E R 77
C H A P T E R 78
C H A P T E R 79
C H A P T E R 80
C H A P T E R 81
C H A P T E R 82
C H A P T E R 83
C H A P T E R 84
C H A P T E R 85
ANNOUNCEMENT!

C H A P T E R 49

1K 48 33
By Mysteriously_Wicked

49 | High Infidelity, Low Faith

"What's with all these questions, Rafael?" Camila dropped the paint brush, spinning back to me with a disapproved look on her face. "You know I don't like talking about it."

"I think it's been quite a long time, Camila." I closed the door of her room, viewing the new set of paintings hanging over the wall.

"Sometimes you just have to quit chasing things you can't get." She slid her hands over my torso, locking them around my neck while I turned my face away.

"What are you doing, Camila?" I stepped back from her.

"Waiting." She walked over to a painting with vertical black lines and some sort of motifs between them.

"For what?" I watched her as she trailed her manicured finger over the canvas as if caressing it.

"For things to go back to normal." She turned back abruptly. "Stop chasing the Visitant, Rafael. Admit it that we can't reach him. We aren't strong enough. You are the Leader, Rafael. You have enough powers. Stop wanting for more."

"It's not like that, Camila-"

"It is, Rafael. It fucking is!" She grabbed my shirt, pulling me close to her. "It's what you do. You keep running for what you can't get, ignoring the things you already have. She doesn't give a fuck about you, Rafael. Accept it!"

"Stop making everything about her." I pushed her back.

"You just don't like hearing the truth." She seethed. "Vittoria has clearly moved on. She doesn't even spare you a look. How long are you going to keep running after her? She was the reason there was threat of a revolt against you in Esztar. Don't you get it, Rafael. That girl is no good for you."

"Enough!" I yelled. "Don't forget it was your father who started the revolt in the first place."

"No I haven't forgotten. I couldn't forget even if I wanted to." Her body collapsed on the bed, tears flowing down her cheeks.

My wave of anger subsided seeing her like that. I shouldn't have said that.

Raymond was killed before her eyes. That was his punishment for not succeeding with the revolt. It was a job assigned to him by the Visitant, the failure of which would cost him his as well as his daughter's life. Raymond was forced into doing it but I refuse to believe he didn't want that as well.

"I'm sorry, Mila." I sighed, sitting next to her. "Look I've promised Allegra that I'll find the Visitant. He's making everyone's life a hell. All I'm asking you is to help me with it. You've been there for so long and I know you're a smart girl. Even the smallest of clue would be a great help."

"She is using you, Rafael." Camila asserted, wiping her tears. "Allegra has always been our enemy. She's not how she appears to be. And Oliver!" She huffed. "Allegra is going to break his heart. I don't want my brother to get hurt. Don't you see how she's always with Mason? What do you think they do behind the locked doors?" She gritted, her body shaking visibly with such a rage that didn't quite sit well with me.

It was natural for Camila to not trust her. Even I didn't trust her completely in the beginning. But now I did.

"They're just friends, Mila. I think she likes Oliver."

"There's no way I'll let that bitch succeed." She muttered under her breath but I heard it.

"What did you say?"

"Uh.. N-nothing." She looked away.

"Listen Camila," I got up and unlocked the door. "I won't hear you insulting any of them alright? It'll be better if you learn to adjust with them. And if you want things to go back to normal, don't forget your boundaries. You don't talk back to me and disrespect me. I won't tolerate it."

Closing the door behind me, I headed downstairs. Time was running and I was constantly failing. What if Allegra thought I don't care about fulfilling my side of the promise just because I've got Camila back. I needed to talk to her.

I did a quick search for her in the house. She was nowhere to be found. My sour mood just got worse as I passed by that Harrison.

Don't know why but I don't get a good vibe from that guy.

"Have you seen Allegra?" I asked one of the guards.

"She's with Vittoria ma'am in the underground library, boss."

Taking a right turn I pushed open the door to the basement, rushing down the spiral stone staircase.

"...no, that's a three inside, Alli."

"Three inside, three outside! You finance people really are very dirty." Allegra giggled.

"Shut up, Alli!" I could hear the eye roll in Vittoria's voice. "It's a candlestick pattern. Get your head out of the gutter."

"Sorry, ma'am-oh hey, Rafael!" Allegra waved, gesturing me to join them.

My eyes fell over the tiny girl, a smile threatening to break through my lips as I saw her. But it vanished soon when she didn't even regard my presence.

She doesn't even spare you a look.

Camila's words rang painfully inside my head and just like that, my mood flipped back to being bitter, only more worse this time.

"She's teaching me how to make money." Alli grinned.

"Hey, Rafael." Vittoria passed me a quick smile. "You didn't go to work today?"

No. I suddenly don't find any motivation to go there since the past two weeks but you wouldn't care, would you?

"So now I have to report to you about every damn thing?" My voice raised and it came out a little too harsh than I intended.

Alli's jovial expressions disappeared and Vittoria flinched at my tone.

"I- I was just asking, Rafael." She said in a frail whisper.

"You don't have to bother yourself just to cast me look. Go on with whatever you're doing. Don't do me the favor by acknowledging my presence." I spat.

"Are you for real?" She threw her hands up. "I didn't speak earlier because I was placing an order. The prices change every second and you- you know what, just forget it."

Forget it. That's what I can't fucking do. None of these problems would occur if I could just forget it so easily like you do.

"Did I ask you for a fucking explanation?"

She just blinked, staring at me with no expressions whatsoever. "Why are you behaving like this with me, Rafael?" Her voice sightly broke.

"Can I talk to you for a second, Rafael?" Alli said, swinging unsure looks between the two of us.

Vittoria slammed her laptop shut, shooting up from the couch. "You and Camila are fucking perfect for each other. So damn alike." She whispered the last part with utmost hate, storming out through the curved staircase.

Amazing, Rafael! How did you manage to make two girls cry within a span of ten minutes?

Maybe I should just jump off a cliff.

"Go ahead, Allegra. I'm listening. Tell me how much of an ass I am." I plopped down next to her with my head in my hands.

"Why would I waste my breath for something you already know." She said, picking at her nails. "But what I don't know and want to know is," She sighed, placing a hand over my shoulder. "What exactly are you doing, Rafael?"

Good question.

What am I doing?

Why am I doing whatever I am doing?

Even amidst all the torturous questions, I was surprisingly feeling alright. Alli's presence made me feel normal— like it's was okay to feel so. It's a rough patch which will pass.

Alli bestowed me with the security of having an elder sister.

I don't know how she did that. She was skilled in dealing with people.

"Look Rafael, just because you're with Camila now, it doesn't mean that you treat Vittoria like that. That's simply not cool. Don't forget you loved her at some point of time."

Say what?

She thinks I'm done with Vittoria? I don't love her anymore? Did I give out such signals?

If she thinks like that, maybe everyone does.

Even Vittoria.

•••••••

"Boss." A guard called out as I left the study. "Vittoria ma'am was home about an hour ago." He informed.

"An hour ago." I raised my brows. "And why are you telling me now? I asked you to inform me the moment she returns."

He gulped, shuffling his feet behind. "S-sorry, boss. You generally don't like being disturbed while you're working so I thought-"

"That's fine." I grumbled, making a dash for her room.

I'd been trying to talk to her ever since the afternoon when I fucked up but Vittoria being Vittoria ignored my existence. She gets very difficult to handle when she's angry. Now it's nine and I still haven't got hold of her because she left the house to escape me.

Oliver was right. These Esztar girls take stubbornness to altogether a different level.

Is there anyone who pities the Esztar men?

My feet carrying me upstairs to her room came to a breakneck halt. I saw her descending the stairs, her delicate hand sliding over the banister, making me want to feel that soft touch of her hands.

My heart skipped several beats.

My jaw dropped to the floor.

My mind went insane.

My world stopped.

She looked drop dead gorgeous in that red dress.

That. Red. Dress.

The one which she wore months ago in club Inferno. The one which made me lose my mind as well as my control. That was the day I first kissed her. That was the day I first had her on my bed. That was the day I stopped fooling myself about being able to resist this woman.

I swear she could have you begging on your knees.

"Your mouth, boss." Jake smirked.

Well, fuck.

I cleared my throat, shut my mouth and regained my composure. My mind finally started working again and only one question boomed inside my head.

Where was she going like that?

I noticed Camila staring at her from upstairs with that jealousy which every woman had seeing some other woman who was more beautiful than her.

Sorry Camila, but you could never compete with Vittoria. No one could.

I felt guilty and sad for her, seeing her slam her door shut. It made me want to go to her room and be there for her but who was I kidding? I found myself following Vittoria as she headed for the main door.

"Where are you going, Vittoria?"

"Now I have to report to you?" She threw my words at me.

"Okay. Fair enough." I jumped before her, acting as a barrier between her and the door. Her fruity scent swirled around me and damn! I was going crazy yet again.

"Move, Rafael." She crossed her arms before her chest.

"No seriously, Vittoria. Where are you going? Why are you so dressed up?"

"Oh, Vittoria!" Alli appeared from the kitchen. "You look gorgeous." She complimented with a smile which felt rather sorrowful. Her gaze didn't meet mine.

"Thanks Alli." She smiled. "Please let me pass, Rafael." She repeatedly a little sternly.

"Not until you tell me where you're going."

"I'm going on a date." She ran a hand through her hair.

I stumbled back in shock.

"W-what?"

"A date." She repeated but softly this time with her eyes pitched down.

Please tell me this was some sort of a joke.

When I didn't move, she stepped aside and moved past me out through the door. There was a guy waiting near the stairs with his car.

Harrison Outhwaite.

He watched her in absolute awe, his mouth agape and his body still like a stone. Just like how I was a few moments ago.

It was like a switch flipped inside me. How dare he!

"You!" I spat, staring dead into his eyes whilst grabbing Vittoria's arm to stop her. "Who the fuck do you think you are." All I saw was red— like her dress she wore for him.

"Please don't create a scene, Rafael." She placed a hand on my chest, her voice hushed.

"Rafael." Oliver jogged out with a clueless Mason on his trail while Alli stayed up there near the door. "Let her go." He almost pleaded.

I don't believe this. I don't fucking believe any of this.

"She can't go out on a fucking date with one of our guards, Oliver! What's wrong with you?" I yelled.

"Look at the time, Rafael. It's after his working hours." Vittoria countered. "Jeez! Can't I go out on a date without having so much drama?" She grabbed her hair.

"Harrison asked me for permission which I've granted. Let's get in. Please." Oliver urged.

Disregarding him, I raced down the remaining stairs, the veins in my hands threatening to pop out. "I'll make sure you pay for this." The collar of his shirt crumpled in my fist while my other hand raised up to smash down on his damn face.

"Stop! Rafael!" Vittoria came to his rescue, holding my hand back.

"I decide what happens in this house, you get that? Not Oliver. Get away from me Vittoria." I warned.

"And she gets to decide for herself." Oliver pulled me back from that bastard.

"I- I'm sorry, sir. I didn't know it would cause so much trouble for everyone." He said in his British accent.

"Is that why you wanted a job here?"

"What are you saying, Rafael? He didn't even know I lived here!" She yelled, making me more furious for taking his side. "You can go and fuck your rules. I'll do whatever the hell I want and don't you dare even think about hurting him."

Hurt? No baby. He's not going to fucking live.

"You knew about this, Mason?" I asked, watching him walk down the stairs, his eyes hard set on Harrison.

I wonder why he was so quiet until now.

"Tell me, Mason. Did you know what your friend was doing with your sister behind your back?"

"Do I look like I knew about it?" His stern gaze didn't leave Harrison. A wicked smirk formed over my face.

Problem solved. Harrison won't leave from here alive now. Go deal with the overprotective brother, dear Harrison.

Times like these, I just wanna hug Mason so bad.

"Mason, I can explain. I wasn't-"

"Shut up." He bluntly cut him off and my grin widened. "You know Harri, I can get really, like extremely scary when it comes to my sister." He said with a dangerous calm.

"Not you too, Mase." Vittoria sighed, feeling defeated.

"If you hurt my sister in any way..." He let the threat hang there.

What! No! You were my last hope, Mason!

Harrison's lips curled up ever so slightly as he nodded. "I'll never hurt her. Be rest assured, Mason, sir." He said in his probably fake polite tone.

Something is definitely wrong with this person. No one can be so good. He was throwing out some serious red flags.

Vittoria let out a relieved breath, leaning against his car.

"You see it's not going to be easy being in a relationship with her." Oliver pointed at her, an infuriating smile grazing his lips.

"I don't mind any of it, sir. But I understand boss's point with the rules. If you find this inappropriate, then I will drop this date. I'll respect your decision."

"No problem. Go ahead and enjoy your evening." Oliver said.

"I'm enjoying it already." Vittoria muttered under her breath before slipping inside his car and closing the door with a loud thud.

Mason chuckled seeing her annoyed. "Don't worry. He always manages to lighten her mood." He said, looking at the car which exited through the gates, disappearing from my sight.

"That was uncalled for, Rafael." Oliver scowled.

I ignored him as well as Mason, fearing the rage bubbling inside me will end up in a huge fight between us.

My anger was so tremendous that I was afraid it'd explode from within me, reducing me to nothing but a disintegrated mess.

You think I'll let this slide, señorita? Hell no! Come back home. I'll see how you escape me then.

Vittoria Andress needed a reminder of who she belonged to.

Harrison: Please vote and comment to save my date. I can't see her sad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 4.9K 33
{COMPLETED in MAFIA SERIES} Love was dangerous especially for people who were dangerous themselves. Sometimes it wasn't fair whom you had to fall for...
2.3M 83K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
523K 15.6K 76
*This story starts off right where Dilara ended, so if you haven't read that I recommend that you do and then come back to this book xx* ************...