Esztar Is Falling

By Mysteriously_Wicked

•BOOK II OF THE ESZTAR SERIES• "Esztar is falling." Those were the words an invisible spy mumbled just a few... More

LONG TIME, MATES!
C H A P T E R 01
C H A P T E R 02
C H A P T E R 03
C H A P T E R 04
C H A P T E R 05
C H A P T E R 06
C H A P T E R 07
C H A P T E R 08
C H A P T E R 09
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 21
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
C H A P T E R 31
C H A P T E R 32
C H A P T E R 33
C H A P T E R 34
C H A P T E R 35
C H A P T E R 36
C H A P T E R 37
C H A P T E R 39
C H A P T E R 40
C H AP T E R 41
C H A P T E R 42
C H A P T E R 43
C H A P T E R 44
C H A P T E R 45
C H A P T E R 46
C H A P T E R 47
C H A P T E R 48
C H A P T E R 49
C H A P T E R 50
C H A P T E R 51
C H A P T E R 52
C H A P T E R 53
C H A P T E R 54
C H A P T E R 55
C H A P T E R 56
C H A P T E R 57
C H A P T E R 58
C H A P T E R 59
C H A P T E R 60
C H A P T E R 61
C H A P T E R 62
C H A P T E R 63
C H A P T E R 64
C H A P T E R 65
C H A P T E R 66
C H A P T E R 67
C H A P T E R 68
C H A P T E R 69
C H A P T E R 70
C H A P T E R 71
C H A P T E R 72
C H A P T E R 73
C H A P T E R 74
C H A P T E R 75
C H A P T E R 76
C H A P T E R 77
C H A P T E R 78
C H A P T E R 79
C H A P T E R 80
C H A P T E R 81
C H A P T E R 82
C H A P T E R 83
C H A P T E R 84
C H A P T E R 85
ANNOUNCEMENT!

C H A P T E R 38

1.1K 39 20
By Mysteriously_Wicked

38 | A New Face

"You called me, sir?" Ariel's displeased voice traveled through the still air of my office.

Still struggling to calm down after what happened two hours ago, I inhaled a deep breath, trying not to lash out at her like I did to Vittoria.

"You said a clear, blatant lie. I'm not going to save you from being fired everytime, Ariel."

"What did I have to lose? You anyway see me as a liar." She spat, her eyes meeting mine with an unmoving strength.

"Careful with that tone."

A momentary intimidation glazed her eyes but she regained the previous stance. "I was just supporting my friend."

"By lying?"

"That was the only option, so yes. She was being cornered by two powerful men. Someone had to stand by her side and let her know she wasn't alone."

What was she saying? No one was cornering her!

"I'm sorry, Mr Rivera but I don't think you have the right to point a finger at my lies. Thanks to your hypocrite justice, she didn't even get a chance to be heard. And why would she? She's not the CFO's sister. She doesn't get the privileges, does she?"

She's not the CFO's sister.

Those torturous words rang in my head. An alarming panic washed through my heart.

She wouldn't think like that, would she?

"Maybe you should step outside this office and listen to all the things these people are talking about Vittoria. You would want to reassess who exactly was being insulted— your sister, or my friend."

"What do you mean?" I gasped.

"I think you know what I mean." She scoffed. "And if that wasn't enough, you two had to humiliate her furthermore just because she slapped your sister. Tell me Mr Rivera, would you behave the exact same way if it was the other way around?"

She didn't know anything! She didn't know how delicate Camila's situation was right now.

Vittoria will never think that I've... I've...

Fuck! I couldn't even think of it.

But what if she did? I can't even imagine how much she must be hurting. I never intended to hurt her.

My actions came naturally. Picking up my phone, I dialled her. It rang out. I repeated, still no answer.

Hurling me a disgusted look, Ariel walked out and at the same time, Liam entered with Vittoria's phone.

"There's no use calling her." He said bluntly, tossing the phone on my desk and walked away without saying a word.

I looked outside. It was dark already. My finger hovered over Mason's contact but I didn't have the courage to talk to Vittoria. Mason will rip my head off, that's altogether a different part.

Nonetheless, clicking his name, I waited for him to answer which he did instantly. "Hey, grandpa!"

Why was he all chill?

"Can you please hand over to Vittoria? I need to talk to her."

"Then why are you calling me?" He asked, confused.

Holy fuck!

"Vittoria..she..she isn't home?" I asked, although knowing the answer.

"Why would she be home? It's still an hour to go, right?" He sounded totally lost.

No! She wasn't home. And she left here two hours ago.

Mason was definitely going to kill us.

•••••••

My eyes followed Rafael as he paced around in the living room, figuring out the ways to solve this problem.

"Calling Alli every two minutes won't do you any good. She said she'll call if Vittoria ever showed up at her place." Liam scowled.

"Thais is just great, isn't it?" Rafael spat. "You say two words to her and she disappears like we have nothing better to do than to leave everything and go looking for her."

"Shut up, Rafael." Toby glared at his cousin.

If everyone was saying what we did was wrong, then it really must be wrong. And unfair.

"You know what, Rafael?" Mason leveled his raging eyes with that of Rafael. "No fucking one has asked you to worry about her. So you can get lost and do whatever the hell you want to." He roughly pushed him back. "I don't need you or your men. She's my sister and I'll find her myself." He made a dash for the main door.

"Wait!" I lifted myself up, jogging towards him to catch up with him.

"Why don't you go and stay with Camila who I'm sure must be needing you right now." He shot back, anger dripping from his words like poison. "I'm enough for my sister."

"You did not just say that, Mason." I whispered, not finding the strength to speak.

"Yes I did." He retorted. "You remember Oliver, when I was tied up in that room the first day I got here? You asked her why she trusted me blindly and why she couldn't trust you like that." He took a step forward. "I hope what happened today answered that question."

With that, he was gone, leaving me alone with the agony spreading through my heart. Maybe he was right. I never tried understanding her point of view. I should have at least given her a chance to justify herself.

"He is very angry. Don't mind his words." Toby said, breaking a sad smile. "Vittoria will never think like that. She's your sister."

"She's my sister." I mumbled absentmindedly.

"What the hell are you all waiting for?" Rafael yelled at the guards. "Go find her. I want her back here safe and sound within an hour."

"She'll be okay, right?" I trembled at the thought of something bad happening to her. "She was very angry. Like.. Like that day when she returned with...with all those scars and a..a beaten body."

"No such thing will happen to her. I trust her with her safety." Rafael said, somewhat calmed down but still utterly worried about her.

Please come back, muffin. I promise I'll make it up to you.

All kinds of stares— confused, surprised, mocking, perverted and what not, came flying my way. I ignored them.

My body melted in the dark shadows casted by the scarcity of lights and I focused on what held everyone's interest, the urge to be there and perform the act elevating with every passing second.

Encouraging screams and curses echoed around the considerably large cavity. They were loud enough to suppress the thoughts torturing my mind.

Suddenly, I felt someone's presence next to me—someone familiar in this crowd of all the unknown faces.

"I'm not leaving here anytime soon." I stated, crossing my arms.

"So this is what boss meant when he said you were essentially reckless." He commented.

"Yes, Travis."

"Hmm." He curled his lips up in wonder. "But how will you fight in these heels?" He eyed my black stilettos.

Just then, his phone ringed. I identified the number as Oliver's.

"You'll have to drag me away. That's the only way you'll be able to take me back home." I warned.

His face remained impassive as he answered the call. "Yes, sir...absolutely...no I haven't found her yet, but I will...be rest assured... I surely will.. Okay, sir." And he hung up.

The corners of my lips curled up, betraying my will to not smile. "The Esztar Code, Travis! Betrayal leads to death." I shouldered him playfully.

"Precisely why I wouldn't dare to defy the Queen." He grinned.

"Here! Take this, kiddo!" Mason hurriedly handed me a pair of combat boots. I had to do a double take.

"Mason?"

"You see that guy?" He pointed at a tall guy with long black hair. "He's the one you're gonna fight. It's scheduled two fights after this ongoing one."

The Big Bang fight club. I couldn't be anywhere else at the moment.

"You won't scold me, Mase?"

"Of course I will. You can't just run away like that. But first things first." His eyes followed my competitor. "He's strong but you're smart. You know how to fight intelligently so just do that."

"Luke Skywalker?" A bulky middle aged man walked over to him with a wide smile and opened arms.

"Hey, Mikey! What's up?" They did a bro hug.

"Seein' ya here after a long time, mate." His eyes moved to me as I slipped off the heels and put the combat boots on. "Who's this chick here?"

"Careful." He sneered. "She's my sister."

"Eek! Sorry, miss." He raised his arms up.

"He's Mikey. He used to schedule my fights here."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled as a formality, refraining from a handshake.

"Luke Skywalker?" I raised a brow at my brother once Mikey was gone.

"That was my name here." He flashed me a cheeky grin. "Anyway, it's your turn, kiddo. All the best." He patted my back.

"You wanna get rich, Travis?" I winked.

I felt all eyes on me. People had already started betting against me, making me laugh on the inside.

"Whom are you betting on, dear ex bodyguard?"

"Of course you, ma'am."

"How much?"

"I'd bet a billion dollars but look around. No one has that kind of money."

"You have a way of flattering me." I chuckled hitting his chest.

"Three thousand dollars on the lady." He yelled.

"This dude here wants to lose some money." A single eyed man mocked and the crowd's laughter followed.

Idiots! I thought to myself as I entered the ring.

"Hello, friend." I smiled at my opponent who disregarded me like he was bored to exist here and fight me.

The stakes against me raised. I don't blame them. I was half the size of my opponent. But then, amidst the sea of confidence about my defeat, one voice, smooth and with a British accent betted on me.

"One hundred thousand dollars!"

The place went dead silent. It shocked me as well. With a gaping jaw, I spun back on my heels to face the source of that voice.

Oh boy!

He was charming!

Bluish grey eyes stared at me with an unexplainable faith. His biceps flexed as he crossed his arms over his chest. He seemed to be too young, probably around my age or maybe just a few years older.

"Is this pretty new face your girlfriend?" The commentator asked.

He didn't speak. He didn't move. All he did was stare into my eyes intently as if searching for my soul.

"Alright, the stakes are high now." The man yelled in the speaker. "What's this delicate little thing called?"

Oh, I didn't think about that part. A wicked grin stretched over my face as I snatched the loudspeaker, announcing my name.

"Leia Skywalker."

"May the force be with you." The guy who betted on me mouthed, his lips tugging up ever so slightly.

"Are we ready?" The commentator screeched and the crowd cheered.

Here begins my therapy.

•••••••

"Are you okay, princess?" The refree asked, a hint of concern lashing his eyes as I struggled to get up.

"Queen." I corrected, groaning at the single wound on my right shoulder.

"Leia Skywalker, you guys!" Travis pumped his fist in the air as the referee raised my hand up indicating my victory.

I can't explain in words the feeling I was experiencing when I saw all the gaping mouths and frantic hands tugging on their hair and all the curses sounding like the requiem of their lost money.

"It's not too much, is it?" Mason examined my slightly injured shoulder, worried.

"Naah, that's nothing." I waved a hand dismissively.

"Okay, then. Let's get going. Let's not catch any more attention."

"Seriously, Mase?" I scoffed, disbelieved.

"I'll collect my money and then call sir and inform him you're with Allegra ma'am." Travis said.

"You better." Mason deadpanned.

"Mase!"

"Yeah, okay, whatever."

I briefly scanned the crowded space as we headed out, looking for that guy but he was nowhere to be found. It was like he disappeared into thin air.

"Travis called you and informed I was here?"

"Yes." He held my wrist, guiding me through a narrow bend of a dark tunnel which led us to this place. "Those people are afraid of me. They know I'm not to be messed with when it comes to my kiddo." He smirked.

I was debating on whether I should scold him for that ego or hug him for his sweetness.

"You were right about Camila." Her name left my lips in a disgusted spasm of hatred.

"You still don't know her real face." He muttered under his breath.

"What?"

"Nothing." He dismissed it. "Wait here, I'll get the car." He instructed, cautiously surveying the area.

I waited for him in the deserted street. A couple of minutes passed. And then, a set of footsteps grew louder, approaching me from the dark tunnel.

I went back on high alert, sensing the upcoming danger, only to realize it was that guy. I gave him a small unsure smile. He regarded me for a fraction of second, a transient eye contact, that's it. He didn't stop, nor did he react in any way as he passed by me.

"Hey!" I called him out, my voice echoing in the unoccupied area.

His retreating form didn't halt. I followed him a few steps ahead, jogging to cover up the distance.

"Hey! Wait up, blondie!"

He stopped, however not turning back to look at me. So I circled around. He plainly stared at me. It wasn't rude, it was just... I don't know.

Something about him was very cryptic.

"Why did you bet such a big amount on me?" I finally asked. The thought had been wandering in my mind ever since the fight.

He yet again awarded his signature intense stare, as if desperately searching for something through my eyes.

"I saw it in your eyes." He replied, rather shyly.

"What?" I quizzed, intrigued by this Brit.

"The fire." He answered and resumed walking away, leaving me there to figure out the meaning of his words.

The faint sound of the car engine became audible and I jogged back to where Mason had instructed me to wait.

"Hop in, kiddo."

Throwing a last glance in the direction of that guy, I jumped in and the engines roared to life.

Mason's hands rested on there steering, much like his eyes as if he was contemplating something. "You sure don't wanna go home? They were worried about you." He said softly.

I looked out at their dark street housing a sheer nothingness. It replicated my heart right now.

"It's better if I don't." I replied dryly.

"Okay then, it's a night out with the British supermodel." Mason cheered.

Vittoria: What do you think about the new character?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 444 32
When young Azraelian Senzerino finishes school and university many years too early her father is obsessed with his only daughter running away from th...
523K 15.6K 76
*This story starts off right where Dilara ended, so if you haven't read that I recommend that you do and then come back to this book xx* ************...
205K 4.3K 54
She's a girl with a powerful family. He's a guy who runs his own mafia. So why do they have anything to do with each other? Why does he have to be he...
867 71 29
Book II of the Mafia Escapades series "I could never have feelings for you, Rocco. You are the definition of a red flag, that keeps swaying around...