The Sacrifices We Made

By writerkemmy

After a divorce with your husband the last thing you want on your list is seeing him again 6,000 miles away f... More

Intrologue
1.
2.
3.
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42

22

996 52 8
By writerkemmy

The Xingchen and Ye Zexi in this book is different with the mdzs one.

In less than 5 minutes the med team had transformed the grounds into a  medical surgery safe environment, you could tell by their focused faces that they were used to common occurrences like this. They had attached the heart monitor on Xiao Zhan which was beating at a steady pace.

Finishing up the second part of the surgery Wooseok collapsed outside the ward. He was able to take a breather.

" How is he" Wang Yibo was standing in front of him.

" He is stable for now I don't know what happens later. If he stays like that for the night he is going to heal faster" Wooseok smiled weekly at Wang Yibo knowing the man would have been scared to lose his ex-husband in front of his eyes.

" Thank you" Wang Yibo expressed by bowing to Wooseok. Without any other word he turned around and left the small waiting room.

" I thought he was going to ask if he could see him" Wooseok whispered. " The more days we spend here the more mysterious he is to me"

A little while later Lan Sizhui woke up. The first thing he asked was for Xiao Zhan tears pooling around his eyes he was already tearing up with the thought of Xiao Zhan not being found yet. Since Xingchen was there he comforted him and explained that Xiao Zhan was already found but he was under surgery or his surgery was close to finish soon.

" Sir Doctor Lan Sizhui is awake sir" one of the soldiers reported to Wang Yibo as he was walking out of the medical cube.

" He did" Wang Yibo turned around " what room is he in"

" He is in room 4 sir" the soldier turned around and led Wang Yibo to the room "He is in here sir" The soldier left Wang Yibo in front of the room.

Taking a deep breath he reached for the door but he was stopped by a distorted cry coming from inside. Wang Yibo moved away from the door giving the two their private moment not wanting to eavesdrop on the two. 10 minutes later Xicheng left the room acknowledging Wang Yibo at the side. Wang Yibo definitely knew all of his Ex-husband friend group which consisted of only three people Wooseok, Xicheng, Ye Zexi and his ex-husband he didn't know anything about the victim who was lying inside room. He took a deep breath before he opened the door.

"Uhm H...hi" Wang Yibo stood at the edge of the bed, for some reason facing this kid turned doctor was kind of scary.  "So how are you feeling" He sat down at the chair with the one gesture from the kid.

"Never good never bad"

There was a huge silence between them before it was broken by Lan Sizhui. "How is ge," Lan Sizhui asked him

"Well for starters he is stable, Wooseok told me if he stays like that for the night he will be on a stable road to recovery" Wang Yibo started to cut the apples that were beside Lan Sizhui's bed

"What are you doing," Lan Sizhui asked tried to get up from the bed but was quick to lie down due to the sudden pain.

"You need a snack before sleeping" Wang Yibo replied to him

"oh" Lan Sizhui looked the other way "thank you" surely the more days passed the more sides he keeps seeing new sides to Captain Wang Yibo "That was not an earthquake"

"mmh" Wang Yibo looked up from the apples he was peeling "What do you mean it was not an earthquake" he was confused because they were all present when the earthquake occurred.

"I mean yeah the earthquake occurred but I think there was a bomb you know. I mean look at me I am a doctor what do I know about bombs" Lan Sizhui chuckled

"What did you hear before the earthquake or before everything like what happened before," Wang Yibo asked

"When the earthquake happened or was happening there was a blast like something exploded I am sure it wasn't any explosion from the electricity booth or whatever the place but there was a blast and...and I think" Lan Sizhui wiped his tears, "I think ge knew about it because he threw me back before everything happened"

Wang Yibo wasn't great about the department of emotional comfort but he sure tried by the show of results of Lan Sizhui sleeping.

Without even looking anywhere else Wang Yibo went straight to his bed without even batting an eye. It was sure there was a lot in his mind and thinking about the probable assassination of Xiao Zhan and colleague was the least of it.

The next day early in the morning Wang Yibo was down to work under the sun trying to find the remains of the said bomb.

"Are you sure it is here" Yixuan kept asking as they lifted the heavy rocks "I don't know the more we are here the more it is less believable"

"Calculating from where we found Xiao Zhan I think we should be looking towards the north and precisely here" Wenhan looked down and picked the 'what seemed to be the remains of a bomb' in his hand. "Look what we have here" Wenhan passed the remains to Sungjoo since he was the one who specialized in bombs in their group.

"I can't identify this it looks like it is homemade" Sungjoo played around with the wires "these wires look like they came from an old radio"

"I should have known" Wang Yibo muttered

"Mh" Seungyoun hummed looking at Wang Yibo

"I know who made that bomb, this is not a threat to the whole base it is personal, he sent this as a threat to me" Wang Yibo kicked the sand.

"Personal" Yixuan asked "How can someone send you a threat personally, tell me Wang Yibo did you make enemies while we weren't together"

"You guys didn't forget why we are here right," Wang Yibo asked as he led the team back to their office "And No I didn't make any enemies it is you I am most concerned about making enemies while left unsupervised"

"Uhm we are here for vacation right," Yixuan asked "don't tell me we are here on a job"
The silence emitting from Wang Yibo was loud enough as an answer to the rest of the guys.

"Dude What the fuck, how why" Seungyoun was the loudest of the four. "We very know the number one rule in our rulebook. Not to include our personal lives in our jobs and what are we doing right now"

"included our private lives in our job" Sungjoo answered

"Well we are not necessarily including them in our personal life because we ourselves didn't know about the mission this time Captain was the one who knew" Wenhan tried to smooth out the tension

"Then why weren't we told about the mission," Yixuan asked

"Guys I told you to remember the first day you guys were here." The group looked at him cluelessly "Come on guys you weren't listening to me that is what I told you the first day" Wang Yibo sighed. And this is when he wondered if he was assigned with airheads.

"to say the truth if you were talking to us on the first day I think you had the wrong idea but the right kind of people because we weren't listening to you at all" Seungyoun pointed out

"Care to tell me why you weren't listening to me," Wang Yibo asked.

" Come on dude we were worried about you" Yixuan pointed out.

"Me," Wang Yibo pointed at himself  "why were you guys worried about me, I am completely fine"

"Really are you," Seungyoun asked "Cause when we came you didn't look like you were fine at all"

The other three tensed, Seungyoun never raised his voice at Wang Yibo this was a new scene to them.

"You know what this is your fucking problem, always acting so strong when in reality you are close to the edge" Seungyoun "and let's not even start about you shutting yourself down, you don't want to talk, you don't want to be surrounded by people, you don't want to answer your phone and you don't want to be bothered wanting to go through what you go through alone claiming you will be all right but in reality your not. How much will it fucking take you for you to lean on us for once Yibo" Seungyoun looked at Yibo one last time before he excused himself from the office

" Uh I am going to water my plant" Wenhan pointed outside even though
"I will be walking my fish" Yixuan rushed out of the room forgetting to lock the door behind me.
"I...I am going to talk to the bomb" Sungjoo followed after he knew better than to stay back there.

Wang Yibo knew whatever Seungyoun had said it was true. He was the one who liked to go through everything alone, he didn't want to implicit the burden on people around him. He groaned sitting down he looked at the clock in front of him time was sure going slow for him. Kicking his feet around he ruffled his hair and made rounds around the office as he hoped to procrastinate about him having an issue with communicating his feelings and forgetting about it.

"Lan Sizhui" Jin Ling was going feral he couldn't see Sizhui after his return from his visit to the nearby island when he got the news about his base island having an earthquake and due to the unseen circumstances, he wasn't able to come back for a few days. But with one of the ports being opened yesterday he was able to the base island the first thing in the morning, but upon arriving at the base he was met with news from one of his squadmates telling him that his Lan Sizhui was admitted at the hospital and why he was admitted in the first place.
The male testosterone in him was pumping aggressively causing him to move the blocks of people out of his way to find his Sizhui. All he was seeing was red, anything in his way he was going to throw it away as long as it was an inconvenience on his way to finding his Sizhui. "Sizhui"

"A-ling" Sizhui ran to him. Jin Ling took Sizhui in his arms hugging him off the ground "I am glad you are safe" Jin Ling whispered "you scared me love"

"L...love" Sizhui blinked innocently

"Yes love, my love baobei" Jin Ling repeated that

"w...why are you calling me that" Sizhui stabled himself on the ground, Jin Ling was holding his hands firmly looking down on him since he was a head shorter than Jin Ling

"I like you Sizhui" Jin ling sighed

"I like you too, of course, you are my friend" Sizhui giggled

Jin Ling sighed expediently this was what Xiao Zhan probably warned him about Sizhui being oblivious as he comes. "Not like that Sizhui I mean I like you more than a friend type of like"

"I know" Lan Sizhui exclaimed excitedly "You like me more than friends you want to be my best friend" Sizhui looked at him innocently there is no way Jin Ling was going to get mad or angry about it. "you could have just asked, I am more than happy to be your best friend. You are cute" Lan Sizhui pinched his nose a habit he seemed to have gained on him and also the habit of claiming Jin Ling to be cute after doing the bare minimum.

"thank you for that offer but I don't want to be your best friend I want to be your boyfriend you know" Jin Ling "It is okay if you don't like me back I am okay with that, just reject me so I can move on"

"you like me" Sizhui couldn't believe that because of the squeak from his voice could tell that "you have a crush on me omg I thought I was the one who had a crush on you wait does that mean ..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 9.8K 29
Xiao Zhan has a happy family life, living in a small town with his wife and son. He loves his family. They are his everything. He has never been chea...
143K 11K 20
[C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E.D] Under the starry sky, in an open field, breaking the tranquility of the night, Xiao Zhan hears a soft murmur of 'Zhan-Ge'. Turnin...
155K 9.8K 28
Xiao Zhan loves Wang Yibo. In fact, the first time Yibo met him was when Xiao Zhan confessed. Wang Yibo lets this cute guy follow him around and orde...
519K 34K 60
{A YiZhan Mpreg story} Two people from two different world, one of them, Wang Yibo is happy and focused on his work, he is on the way of fulfilling...