First Time • Myoui Mina

By cozUzi

[ON GOING] (2021) Powerful, daunting, yet lonely damsel and a woman in a failing relationship. What could go... More

FT 1
FT 2
FT 3
FT 5
FT 6
FT 7
FT 8
FT 9
FT 10
FT 11
FT 12
FT 13
FT 14
FT 15
FT 16
FT 17
FT 18
FT 19
FT 20
FT 21
FT 22
FT 23
FT 24
FT 25
FT 26
FT 27
FT 28
FT 29
FT 30
FT 31
FT 32
FT 33
FT 34
FT 35
FT 36
FT 37
FT 38
FT 39
FT 40
FT 41
FT 42
FT 43
FT 44
FT 45
FT 46
FT 47

FT 4

12.2K 637 211
By cozUzi

Intensive Care Unit

The moment Y/N arrived in front of the room her sister was admitted in, she was no longer there. She had been transferred to one of the operating rooms.

So she waited. No matter how tired she was at that moment, she still waited.

Few yet long hours passed when a doctor patted her back. She realises that she had fallen asleep in the waiting room outside of the ICU. Letting out a tried groan, she looks up to the doctor, eyes still fluttering from fatigue.

But when she saw the doctor in front of her, she immediately became sober.

"Doctor! How is Heejin? Please tell me she's okay!" She anxiously squeaked out. Eyes wide open and eyebrows furrowed in concern.

The doctor nods with a pursed lips while he adjusts the collar of his white coat. Y/N lets out a breath of relief as she slumps down on the chair.

"Her heart stopped for a moment. We managed to revive her in time. Her current condition is stable and shows no threat of failed vital signs." The doctor slowly explained with eyes staring intently at Y/N.

"That means she's doing okay, right?" She cautiously asked with a pleading face.

"Yes. For now." The doctor uttered firmly before getting called by a nurse, causing him to hurriedly walk away.

She could only nod her head slowly and watch the man slowly descend into the hallway. Walking up to Heejin's room, she arrived with her sister already present there and looking out the window.

Y/N approached her cautiously and asked in a distressed tone, "Heejin, are you alright? Tell me if you feel anything unusual."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Thank you for asking though."

Heejin's voice had no emotion and it sounded rough. Y/N couldn't see the expression on her face since her back was against her.

Y/N licked her lips and frowned slowly.

Heejin was her only sister. How could she not worry when her heart had literally stopped beating for a moment? She was close to tears.

She could not afford to lose her.

Everything in their family was doing great until the school called that Heejin fainted during their Physical Education class when she was only 17.

That was the time she was diagnosed with Ventricular Septal Defect.

That specific event was very crucial for Heejin. If she hadn't fainted, her disease wouldn't be noticed sooner.

The younger woman saw the deep frown on her sister's face. So she reached out to touch her shoulder and with a soft expression on her face, she uttered.

"I'm telling the truth, Y/N. I'm here breathing and talking to you, dummy." The teasing tone in her voice made Y/N crack a smile.

She was about to ask handful of questions to the younger woman in front of her when the door slowly opened with hospital staff walking in cautiously.

There was one person that stood out though. She had seen his face in the entrance of the hospital.

It was the Chairman of the hospital!

"Miss Y/LN, we apologise for the delay. We are here to transfer your sister to another ward." The man was looking at her with humble eyes. The tone of his voice was respectful and gentle.

Y/N was confused. What do they mean by transferring her sister to another ward?

Could it be... that Jennie and the Kim's already wanted to stop supporting her suffering sister? That thought alone made her heart drop to her stomach.

It made sense since they were no longer entangled to each other.

She was about to protest with a loud voice when suddenly the Chairman continued with what he was ordered to say.

"This ward is not suitable for someone like Miss Y/LN. The VVIP ward is already ready for her to occupy. We will also replace her doctor with the most professional medical team to treat her condition."

"Transfer her to the new ward immediately. Be careful and never give this room back to Miss Y/LN." The Chariman sent a sharp glare to the nurses in the room. They looked flustered with the sudden order.

Y/N could only stare at him in shock. Her eyes were wide open. She couldn't believe what she had just heard.

This ward was already outstanding... she didn't understand why they needed to be transferred to the VVIP wards.

Heejin sat up and patted Y/N's side before lowly whispering in confusion, "Huh.... What are they talking about?

Y/N was frowning and could only shrug in response. She was still baffled at the Chairman's words.

~~

When they arrived at another building, the atmosphere got brighter and warmer. It was like a different world from the old ward.

The new ward they were given was definitely a massive upgrade. It had its own bedroom and living room for guests, a spacious kitchen, and a wide window. It let the patient see the beautiful city below them.

The window was spotless. Not a single fingerprint was left.

"Madame Y/LN and Miss Y/LN is the room suited to your taste? If there is anything that causes dissatisfaction, don't hesitate to point it out." Both women were flabbergasted when the Chairman bowed at them respectfully after.

"W-Uh— everything is okay, don't worry. Thank you." The Chairman looked more visibly relaxed and he even let out a sigh of relief when he heard her words.

"I'm delighted, Miss Y/LN. And here, press the red button whenever you need assistance from the staff and the white button if you need me." He placed a small remote on the bedside before he bowed again and left the room.

The moment the door shut close, Heejin immediately opened her mouth to start shooting questions towards her sister.

"...This ward is beyond our reach, Y/N. Be honest with me, sister, did Jennie do such a favour for us?" She was genuinely curious as she stared at her sister expectantly. Y/N wishes she knew the answer too.

"It is not Jennie." It had slipped out of her mind that Heejin had no clue about her and her fiancée's recent separation.

It was clear as day that this was not Jennie's doing. Jennie was very kind, but not to the ones who have severed ties with her.

There was no way that their parents have arranged it too.

As Heejin said, the VVIP ward was out of their family's reach. It was too expensive. They would need to starve for years to afford a ten minute stay there.

No matter how much they think about it, their questions were left unanswered.

Who did such a good deed for them?

Both of their thoughts were disturbed again when the Chairman came back with wide eyes. He walked slowly before composing himself.

"Madame Y/LN, President Kim would like to discuss things regarding your sister's condition in her office. Please follow me."

At this rate, Y/N was about to pass out from all the shocking revelations that has happened for the past few hours.

She stuttered out slowly, "The President of the hospital is... is looking for me?" The Chairman could only give a curt nod in response.

Upper Floor, President Kim's Office

Y/N was startled when the man left her in front of the President's door after knocking twice. She looked helpless all of a sudden and had no idea what to do.

But suddenly she heard a feminine voice, "Oh? Come in." It sounded youthful.

Y/N reached for door knob and quietly opened the door. She was scared to even lay a finger on the President's belongings.

As she was in the process of closing the door behind her, she stared at the woman sitting behind the desk.

The President looked a bit older than Y/N. She had a sophisticated and gorgeous glow to her. A pen was resting behind her ear, making her look less intimidating.

She just stared at the woman in front of her.

This young lady was... the President?!

Y/N had assumed that the Head of the hospital was a man. She thought wrong.

"Miss Y/LN. It's great to see you. Take a seat, will you?" She looks up when she heard the woman's voice for the first time.

When Y/N looked at her full of curiosity, Yeri also took this as a chance to admire her features.

She understood why Mina had taken interest in the woman standing in front of her.

Yeri scans her up and down like a censor. Although Y/N was only sporting a leather jacket and casual attire, she still exuded a cool aura. Something about Y/N kept making her feel fluttery.

She has met many beautiful people in her lifetime yet she could not help but admire Y/N's sharp features.

But as her eyes trail down, she notices something around her neck and chest region.

It had faint scratch marks.

Mina really slept with this woman.

Yeri realises that the woman was becoming tensed by her deep stare so she immediately stops her thoughts.

"Miss Y/LN, there is no need to feel nervous around me. Would you like a glass of water or wine?" She offers smoothly with a friendly smile.

Y/N's shoulders relax at the sight and a gentle smile appears on her face before she speaks.

"There is no need for that, President. I would like to talk about Heejin's condition as soon as we can." She sits up straight and looks at Yeri dead in the eye. "Is there something I should be worried about?"

Yeri's eyes flicker between her and the wine on her desk before she takes a sip.

"Mhm. Since her illness was diagnosed when she was only 17, and the fact that she hasn't been getting stable treatment, it has worsened."

The temporary peace that invaded Y/N's heart immediately dispersed, "What do you mean?"

"Miss Y/LN, I'll be straight forward. It would be best for your sister to receive surgery as soon as possible. Seeing the events that happened today, it cannot be delayed further."

"In fact, the event that happened to her earlier today just caused her to miss the best period where she can receive the surgery." Y/N's face looked miserable as her voice almost escaped as a whimper.

"I-I see...." She tried to muster up words in response to the President's words but she was too shaken to do so.

"But, the surgery is not truly impossible. The results may not be desirable but it is doable."

"You just said the results may not be desirable. What is the point of my sister undergoing surgery then?" Y/N didn't mean to come off as hostile but she couldn't help it.

"It all depends on the surgeon." Yeri's voice was firm as she stared Y/N down. "The better the surgeon, the better the results. Your sister can even recover faster if the surgeon is outstanding."

This is it. This was Y/N's chance to save her sister's life. All she needed was an outstanding surgeon that is willing to perform the surgery.

But... where would she start?

With that question in mind she hesitantly asks Yeri, "President, could you perform the surgery? Or do you know anyone else who is capable of doing the job?"

Yeri shook her head with a faint smile, "No, this case is far from my capabilities." She could see Y/N turning pale from her reply so she quickly follows.

"But I do know someone who specialises in this field. She might even do it for free."

Y/N rejoices as she hears this. It was obvious that she had no funds to pay for the surgery. She doubts her family, who refused to treat Heejin, would even spare a dime for her.

"The thing is, shes a businesswoman now. It's been years since I last saw her work as a surgeon in my hospital. There is a chance she might not agree."

The happiness that filled her heart once again disappeared into thin air when she heard Yeri's words.

Years since she last performed a surgery...

There is a chance she might not agree...

But there is a chance she might agree!

Y/N held on this narrow piece of hope and remained positive.

Heejin was the only one that stayed true to her in the family. She had no plans of giving up on her.

With a new goal in mind, she asks the President with determination filing her voice, "Would you please give me the surgeon's contact information?"

Yeri doesn't reply so she continues, "I would like to try and persuade her. I really don't want to lose my sister.." She nervously pleads the President.

A glint of amusement flashed across Yeri's face. She was delighted that her plan was successful. So with a soft sigh she nods her head.

"Alright. I don't see anything wrong with trying. I'll send you her contact information and work address." She pauses for a bit "But when you meet her, you absolutely cannot tell her that I was the one who directed you to her, understood?"

Y/N almost cried tears of joy as she furiously nodded her head, she was really thankful that the President was a kind woman.

As Y/N was endlessly thanking her, Yeri hides a smile and chuckles at her thoughts.

"Oh, Mina. You will thank me for this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 620 7
Chaeyoung is a careless woman who happen to meet a love in unexpected place, unexpected time and unexpected situation. What will she do to make Mina...
80.8K 4.3K 35
Nayeon dies in a car crash. Mina gets one chance to travel back in time to find her last wish.
122K 6.4K 89
Meeting each other randomly in a playground, helping each other in every aspect, but what will happen if one leave? Will she change? Be devastated? W...
54.7K 2K 69
How far will you go for the person you love the most? Are you willing to forget the past for the present? WARNING: MATURED CONTENT TWICE SATZU GENDER...