Written in Ink

By BellaGrace568

" I peer behind him to see a woman laying bridal style unconscious in one of my father's security guard's arm... More

-
Prologue
One | Reagan
Two | Alonzo
Three | Reagan
Four | Alonzo
Five | Reagan
Six | Reagan
Seven | Alonzo
Eight | Reagan
Nine | Reagan
Ten | Reagan
Eleven | Alonzo
Tweleve | Reagan
Thirteen | Reagan
Fourteen | Alonzo
Fifteen | Reagan
Sixteen | Alonzo
Seventeen | Reagan
Eighteen | Alonzo
Nineteen | Reagan
Twenty | Alonzo
Twenty-one | Alonzo
Twenty-two | Reagan
Twenty-three | Alonzo
Twenty-four | Reagan
Twenty-five | Alonzo
Twenty-six | Alonzo
Twenty-seven | Reagan
Twenty-eight | Alonzo
Twenty-nine | Reagan
Thirty | Alonzo
Thirty-one | Reagan
Thirty-two | Alonzo
Thirty-three | Reagan
Thirty-four | Reagan
Thrity-five | Reagan
Thirty-six | Alonzo
Thirty-seven | Reagan
Thirty-eight | Reagan
Thirty-nine | Alonzo
Forty | Reagan
Forty-one | Reagan
Forty-three | Reagan
Forty-four | Alonzo
Forty-five | Reagan
Forty-six | Reagan
Forty-seven | Alonzo
Forty-eight | Reagan
Forty-nine | Alonzo
Fifty | Reagan
Fifty-one | Alonzo
Fifty-two | Reagan
Fifty-three | Alonzo
Fifty-four | Reagan
Fifty-five | Reagan
Fifty-six | Reagan
Fifty-seven | Alonzo
Fifty-eight | Reagan
Fifty-nine | Alonzo
Sixty | Reagan
Epilogue | Alonzo
-

Forty-two | Alonzo

6.8K 169 6
By BellaGrace568

 "No, that's too much of a stretch." I explain to my group of businessmen in front of me who are trying to explain to me their opinion on who the rat is.

"But boss, it makes sense. He has a motive." He explains to me.

I sigh, pinching my nose. "I killed his son, I've killed plenty of heirs, you'll have to come up with something better than that."

"I don't see you coming in with any ideas." He mumbles underneath his breath. I pull my gun out and shoot his hand.

"What was that?" I question as he whimpers in pain. "Go clean yourself up, you're making a mess." I spit out the order and he quickly leaves.

I just have no interest in fixing this. I don't care if someone is stealing all the empire's money. I've become weak in this marriage, vulnerable and I don't even care. Not. One. Bit. Take the money. If you do I could be done.

I've piggy backed off my father's success, bringing all my own along with it, but it's not the success I want. This is dirty money. Everyone fears me. Rightfully so. No matter how much I hate this life, it's brought me power. Control. People fear me and bow down to me, whether they like it or not. Even with all that confidence I've had on the field, it doesn't mean I've ever let my guard down.

How can I? I've made so many enemies that anywhere I turn could be a mole.

"Boss, I need to speak with you." Matteo pokes his head through the door.

Thank god.

"Dismissed." I order all the men in front of me to leave without question. "What?" Matteo walks in and takes a seat at the large table.

"I heard the shot. Thought you could use a break." He states. "That's the third time you've shot someone this week. Out of pure frustration and impatience."

He is right.

"You're being more of an asshole than usual. I'd be careful if I were you." He warns.

I scoff. Even though he is my only friend. I still can't take criticism from anyone. "But you're not. Dismissed." I urge him to leave.

"Come one man. Where have you been? Coming in late, disappearing between meetings... what is going on?" He pushes. "Is it the wife? Why is she taking up so much of your time? Since when do you care about her?"

I want to rip his head off. I feel my fists clench. "Dismissed." I command again.

He looks at me with pity and confusion. I just turn away, focusing back onto my laptop to look over banking records again.

Over three hundred thousand American dollars are taken across our accounts per month. It's only been three months and it's not really putting much of a dent into our fortune, but it still could get out and we'd be seen as weak— which, whether I like it or not, is not an option. Being the toughest Mafia ever coming into reign cannot be seen as weak.

This gala coming up could be a good opening to find out who is behind this. Nonchalantly ask around. It's encouraged to leave the violent business out of the event, but it's my gala. I throw it. Well, not really by choice. It's best if there is one night during the year where everyone can get together and communicate over overpriced food and liquor. Spoiled brats.

If it was really my way, I'd make it a blood bath.

It is my way, but I don't want Reagan to be present in a situation like that. Especially when I would be participating. Reagan doesn't need to see me like that. I know she already sees me as a monster enough as it is. I don't want her to see me that way.

Speaking of Reagan, I haven't seen her all day.

I rise from the meeting office and make my way to my office where she should be sitting. I open the door and my eyes go right to the couch expecting to see her. But when I don't, I panic.

Relief floods me when I see her sitting on my desk. "You kept this?"

I make my way over to the desk, putting my laptop down. "Yes. At the time I didn't know why..." I admit to her. "But now I do." I look into her breathtaking hazel eyes, noticing her blush. "So it sits there on my desk for me to look at and appreciate."

She laughs nervously. "I don't know how you 'appreciate' a rock but..."

I laugh with her slightly before coming closer. "It's more than just a 'rock'."

She stands from the chair and I take it and pull her onto my lap. She is surprised for a second and tries to get up, but I don't allow her to move. I latch my arms around her waist and torso, putting my nose in the crook of her neck, letting out a sigh of relief before inhaling the mouthwatering scent she has.

"Comfortable?" She giggles. I simply nod my head to answer. "Long meeting? Tough day?" Her voice is so soothing.

"Mhm."

She kisses my forehead. "Poor thing." She says, I feel her smile against my head. Surprisingly, she then wraps her arms around my neck and shoulders, holding me close to her and lets out a breath.

Who knew I was such a sucker for cuddling.

I want nothing more than to just sit like this forever. She is so warm, like she is unthawing the ice that shut my heart off from the world—hell, she has melted my heart by now. I love her and can't let her go. No "if you love her, let her go" bullshit. I can't let her go.

"Amore. We have to do something." I explain, looking up at her.

She tilts her head. "Like what?"

"The Gala is coming up. In two weeks to be exact. There is an annual dance you still have to learn." I state.

I see a slight panic in her eyes as soon as I said the word "dance". I can tell that is something she is uncomfortable with. She presses her lips into a fine line. "What if I just sat out for that?" She offers.

I raise a brow. "Absolutely not. You'll be with me on that daning court. Wearing your amazing dress, looking as beautiful and sexy as ever." I say. "Whether you like it or not."

She blushes again. "What if I just mess it up?"

"You won't. And so what if you do?" I brush it off so it seems like no big deal for her. I stand up, lifting her along with me and setting her down onto her feet gently. "Let me show you how.

I turn on the music for the number and I see her reaction to listening to it. She seems to like it.

I put my hand on her hip and stand side by side with her with her hand on my shoulder. I explain to her the next move and she does it correctly. I knew she'd be a natural.

Only an hour later is when she stops. "This is hard." She says out of breath from coming back from a spin.

"Tell me about it." I laugh. "But we are done for the time. We got through just about half."

"Only half?!" She gasps.

I laugh. "Yes, only half. But we can call it a night and go home."

She nods her head happily in agreement.

We get home and get some food in us before going up to bed. She goes to change while I quickly get in the shower so that I can get back to Reagan. When I'm done with the shower and dressed, I climb into bed and frown when I see she is asleep. I was hoping for time to talk. I love listening to her. But not wanting to wake her, I just pull her into my chest where I know she likes to lay.

She likes being close with me. Her reactions to my compliments show enough that she feels something for me. I want her to feel something for me.

Everyday I look at her with admiration. My family and I had no right to take her. It was so selfish. It is so selfish. She is so strong to last as long as she has. She doesn't complain about anything. Anymore at least. Is it because she is too scared to, or because she has accepted it? God I hope neither.

I'm mad at myself for making her stay. There was a point where I would have let her go because I loved her. But now I'm at the point where I can't even imagine letting her go. This love is stronger. Something I can't let go. I don't know what I would do. I'd spiral back into my old self. Give more reasons for me to hate myself.

I just want to be better for her.

Thoughts?  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 1.5K 17
You never really knew Peeta too well, until after your father and sisters died in a tragic fire that destroyed nearly half the seam. You practically...
40.3K 1.4K 33
"Come on, come on, don't leave me like this I thought I had you figured out Something's gone terribly wrong You're all I wanted Come on, come on, don...
59.3K 1K 10
Basically short stories about whatever I can muster to write. Updates don't happen frequently, it's kinda just all of a sudden. All characters that a...
312K 4.1K 19
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. I REALLY HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS WRITING ABOUT. 🏂 in which a boy calls the only girl he lusts for babygirl, but he eventually...