Xiaoven Royal Au

By CassandraMaeMadrid

The king has been very sick.. Soon, Xiao would take over the throne as the new king. He needs to learn how to... More

1
2
3
4
5
yall
6
yall 2.0
7
8
9
10
11
12
shocked
๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
13
14
15
16
17
!!
18
19
20
lololol
22
23
xiao
24
Windtrace
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Epilogue
Author's note

21

2.7K 86 346
By CassandraMaeMadrid

Venti heard a knock as he daydreams of having some sweets to eat right now, it has just been in his mind. As if he was a girl, pregnant, and is craving for food — maybe even a girl with period cramps cause he'd do anything for a cake right now.

He groans in annoyance before throwing the pillow away from his face and opening the door. It's probably just another emergency meeting.

Oh? He grabbed the box from the floor and saw a note with a... Suspiciously ugly writing. From... Xiao?! Wow, who would've thought he writes like this, imagine signing papers as a king... How disappointing. Venti couldn't care less anymore, it's right in front of his eyes. He doesn't care if they're not on good terms — he hasn't eaten this since his seventh birthday!

He covered his mouth with a pillow and let out a scream, jumping around in excitement, the warm and fuzzy feeling inside him cannot be denied. Xiao just gave him a cake, and he made it himself? Who wouldn't be happy? When he opened the box, he noticed the nonexistence of a fork or even a spoon.

How annoying. "Why would you give a cake without a spoon!" He threw the pillow at the wall and crossed his arm. Just having eye to eye contact with the cake and thinking whether he should just go get his own downstairs or keep throwing tantrums. The earlier's failed plan still makes his blood boil so much and he does not think he wants to be seen by anyone right now.

He's having mood swings. How annoying. How can anybody even deal with that? Better off to just putting them in an asylum until it's over... He started screaming at the cake — scolding it as if it's at fault that there wasn't any spoon. "You! You should have a spoon! Now, where is it?! WHERE IS THE SPOON?" He screamed, loud enough for the whole castle to hear, probably.

It did not help Xiao ease his nervousness when he heard the scream from Venti's room. Fuck, did he think it's bad? Ah... I worked so hard for it...

WHERE IS THE SPOON? Where is your spoon?! Go get a spoon!

He hears once again. He grits his teeth as he realized why Venti is mad. "Wow, what a fucking idiot. Ordering a cake to bring him a spoon?" Xiao groaned to himself before walking towards Venti's room again. Slamming the door open just to see Venti ranting and arguing with a cake. "Just go get a spoon and it's over"

"Venti, the cake can't move. It's a cake. Go get yourself your own spoon" when Venti glared at him, oh he got chills. I think Venti does have a period... He's so terrifying. "You... This is your fault!" Venti walked towards Xiao only to grab his collar and bark at him right in his face "What's a cake without a spoon!"

"Venti it's in a box! You're supposed to cut it and get your own plate and spoon for it!"

"How am I supposed to know? I haven't eaten this thing for ten years! Ten years, Alatus" Alatus huh? He must be really angry. "Well damn, what are you so pissed about?! I'm literally right here trying to be kind and give you something to eat yet you're still complaining, Barbatos" Here they are... I have my anger meter for both of them, and it seems like it both went up.

"Just shut up!-" Because of anger, Venti pushed Xiao — unaware of the weight he has used to do so. As Xiao falls on the ground, Venti also did. Surprised when they both felt a soft specimen on both of their lips.

Just as they were about to open their eyes, they realized it. Two pairs of widened eyes staring at each other, inches apart, nose bumping at the other, and the worst of all, lips onto another.

They both pulled their heads away before their face completely turned red, "hey! What is that for?!"

"Me?! It was you who pushed me!"

"Me? Kiss you? Never! I pushed you so you would fall on the ground and not for a kiss!" He tried his best not to look at Xiao because what has happened just a moment ago was shameful. "It's still your fault that my first kiss is stolen!" Xiao got up and wiped his mouth. "Well it's not like this isn't also my first kiss, prince Xiao" Venti rolled his eyes, also wiping his mouth.

"I'm leaving"

"Good! And never come back!" Venti shuts the door and leaned on it. Placing his hand in his heart, breathing over and over again. Blush not leaving his cheeks.

-

Xiao walked his way out of the room, mumbling things with a frown. He placed his hand in his heart, it was beating so fast. A warm feeling lingering his whole body in a way you can cook raw hotdogs if you place one on his forehead. But this isn't right. That first kiss, this feeling, this warm passion inside his chest. It's all wrong.

He stole Venti's first kiss but this is bad, what about that person Venti likes? Xiao is happy Venti was his first but is Venti happy about Xiao being his first? It makes him angry, earlier was a mistake, it shouldn't have happened. Yet that feeling of happiness still stays inside of him, the feeling of excitement. He felt guilty, guilty for being happy despite what has happened.

This was his happiness — but this is selfishness. If only he could turn back time and avoid the forbidden kiss he would've done it already. What would Venti think of him now? This was the consequence of Venti's absurdity and recklessness yet Xiao couldn't help but feel bad about this as if he was at fault.

He was supposed to make up with Venti so they can talk nicely about the wedding cancelation, with a clear mind, but he made it worse.

He went to find Aether for moral support because sometimes a prince like Xiao just needs... To explode a little and let out all of the things inside their minds, what can we do? Xiao is also a person, he cannot always keep things to himself. Though, he's still the one who suffers embarrassment after a few sessions of ranting.

Aether was his big cousin anyway, he was trustworthy, he wouldn't dare to tell anyone about serious matters especially when it comes to Xiao. Very unlike Beidou, who would celebrate it whenever she finds something about his secrets.

When he realize that Aether was nowhere to find, he started to panic — like a kid in a grocery store whenever their mom tells them to wait in line but when it was their turn she isn't back yet. He must be somewhere out of the castle again, Aether was the most adventurous out of them all which he couldn't understand, what's so good about it?

It's very boring and it's just a waste of time. But he's Aether, and he wouldn't be the cousin Xiao loves if he refuses to go out of the castle even just for one day.

So now what is he gonna do to let it all out?

He felt a hand over his shoulder and quickly looked over to see who it Is. It was a man a lot taller than him, smiling calmly at him. "Father? What are you doing here-" then it disappeared. It was his dad, he swears. But he's been very sick... How come that happened?

Now that Xiao thinks about it, a little visit to his dad wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe that hallucination was a sign that she should visit him after a long time. So tomorrow, he will go and see him.

-

When he arrived at his father's room in this private infirmary, he saw how much his father has suffered. His state has gone worse since Xiao's last visit. Are the people here even taking care of him?!

"Father," he kneeled beside his bed — rubbing his hands. "I recognize that voice... X-xiao?" His voice was so cranky and shaky, as if he was grieving just by talking, it breaks Xiao's heart so much, just seeing his dad in this situation. "Yes, it's me" not so long after, the man patted his head and started saying words with a happier and more active voice.

"My son. You're here, I haven't seen you in a while. Where's my daughter? I can't seem to remember her name... Was it Elizabeth?" He stared at Xiao before laughing. Xiao groaned under his breath before smiling, "it's Beidou"

"Ah! Beidou, and her wife... Hey son, do you have a wife yet?"

"Not yet father, but I am engaged with a girl..." The man started cheering, regardless of having a weak body and voice, he was still trying to dance in his bed. "Don't be excited. I'll cancel our wedding soon" he looked at the ground before groaning, his father squeezed his hand and frowned. "Why? My son is the greatest man in the whole world"

"No... She doesn't want me at all. I currently figured that she was in love with another, and I don't want to do anything to make her life miserable" his father started chuckling. "Let me tell you a story..."

"There was once a prince who was very... Lonely. Not until he met this beautiful girl with dark, purple hair that goes along the wind. She was very beautiful... Even at first sight, the prince already fell in love with her. But the prince did a huge mistake... He forced her to marry him, even when she already loved someone else... By the order of the prince, the lady's other half was killed"

The King sighed, looking up the ceiling and rubbing his son's hand. "He got married to the beautiful girl but he never found the satisfaction he's been seeking for. Instead, he suffered guilt. He thought that if he marry her he would be happy, but no... All that filled him up was darkness. The queen has always been cold to the king ever since then..."

"They had two beautiful angels, and that somehow brought a little spark in the king, hoping the lady would love him the way he did — but she never did" why was it familiar? Why does it seem like Xiao knows what he's been talking about? "Up until now... The king still felt bad for everything. He still longs for forgiveness before he completely rest"

"And who may that king be..?"

"Haha, it's just a story I've read somewhere. I don't want you to be like him, so please — let her love the person she loves. However, if she wants to be with you... Then fight for her even if it's your life on the line, do the things the king has been wanting to do, but not the mistakes he has done"

"I don't want to do the mistake he did but... I don't think I can bear the pain I would receive if I let her go"

"So you'll imprison her inside your hands? Alatus... Please don't do my mistakes" Xiao's eyes widened, was that story him after all? The girl was pretty much described as his mother... Purple hair and a cold personality. He only nods in response, not wanting to ask more but now he was sure that story was about them.

And it totally shatters his heart. Many questions in his mind. Is this why she never showed any affection towards us? "Ah, I haven't mentioned about the rule yet, have I?" Oh and this made Xiao's eyes wider than a black hole. "What rule?!"

The King yawned, slowly falling asleep as if he did not mention something so important to Xiao. The teal-haired man groaned in frustration as his father left a cliffhanger in this horrible story.

-

Can y'all guess who tf the mom is, hehe clue: electro 😈😈👍👍👍.. Btw If there's any typos and stuff pls don't blame me blame Grammarly 😞😓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 6.4K 33
One day Aether is in the nation Liyue, unable to summon an Abyss Mage due to his low stamina and lack of power at the moment. While in Liyue he unexp...
21.6K 687 58
What happens when the unapproachable Xiao befriends Venti? Xiao a boy who holds in his present a many burden. Venti a boy who holds a past he canno...
54K 1.7K 19
เผ„เผ… ๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜๐˜ฏ๐˜ถ๐˜บ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข - ๐˜ข ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต "Um... Kazuha?" "Hm?" "Say, why don't you try to esc...