More Than Just That

By MhayaRy

Camilla Parker never stutters when she hits strangers.But not when he's a 6'2 hot new devil who just happened... More

Proluge
Dedication
Chapter 1 :Sparks
Chapter 2 : Why Me?
Chapter 3: Waves
Chapter 4: He Noticed
Chapter 5 : Life Saver
Chapter 6 :Jock
Chapter 7 :Dating
Chapter 8: Kiss
Chapter 9 : Playful Kiss
Chapter 10 : Soul Sisters
Chapter 11 : The Truth Gets Out
Chapter 13 : Period Troubles
SPECIAL THANKS
Chapter 14 : In Deep Shit
Chapter 15 : The Untangled Web
Chapter 16 : Bring It On
Chapter 17 : Party Crasher
Chapter 18 : Triggered
Chapter 19 : The Breakup Fiasco
Chapter 20 : A Confession?
Chapter 21 : A Proposal
Chapter 22 : Picture Perfect
Chapter 23 : Holiday Affairs
Chapter 24 : Lost Soul
Chapter 25 : Three Bottles Of Poison
Chapter 26 : Secrets
Chapter 27 : Heart burns
Chapter 28 : Limits
Chapter 29 : Blushes and laughter
Chapter 30 : Turn it up
Chapter 31 : Jabel
Chapter 32 : Pity Case
Chapter 33 : Risky
Chapter 34 : Accidents
Chapter 35 : Anonymous Texts
Chapter 36 : Strangers and Stalkers
Chapter 37 : Birthday Blues
Chapter 38 : Touches and Boners
Chapter 39 : Dad Rules
Chapter 40 : Levelled up
Chapter 41 : Druggies And Secrets
Chapter 42 : Wine and Broken Bottles
Chapter 43 : Amendments
Chapter 44 : Acts Out
Chapter 45 : Coupled Up, Finally!
Chapter 46 : Kiss me already!
Chapter 47 : Date Night
Chapter 48 : Mutual Understanding
Chapter 49 : Sweet and Sour
Chapter 50 : Exes and Secrets
Chapter 51 : Reasons To

Chapter 12 : Main Lady

75 16 0
By MhayaRy

It was yet another Monday and I was having a bad day,not because it was a regular boring Monday but because two little pieces of shit spewed garbage.
I am sure those two girls spent half of their weekend rehearsing their speeches.
It all started when I went to the bathroom to freshen up.I rinsed my face with some water and was towelling it dry when Jessica and her minion walked in.
They took out their makeup kits and commenced applying it as I gave my lips a dab of strawberry flavored lip gloss.
"Is this okay?" Jessica asked no one in particular as I turned to look at her.
"Let me get this evened." Eva said smoothing her foundation with her make up stick.Jessica spent some time puckering her lips in the mirror and after many satisfactory glances at herself turned to look at me like I was some large pimple which had suddenly appeared on her face.
"I never knew you were such a bitch Camilla." She finally said staring at me icily.
I looked at her in confusion trying to absorb the shock from her words.
"Don't wear that dumb look on your face.You know what exactly she's talking about." Eva added.

A huh was all that I could literally come up with as I stared at her.

"You had the nerve to even kiss him with the pretence that it was an exercise!How could you do such sly stuff Camilla?"She howled.
Oh,so it was Jay she was referring to.
" Let me get this straight with you Jessica.Your boyfriend kissed me , not the other way round and I'm not trying to snatch him.I swear..."
"Enough of this I don't like him bullshit ! All those times you've pretended to be happy for us you bloody bitch.From the time I told you I liked him to the time we started dating you've liked him and wanted my downfall.He's got a girlfriend yet you can't seem to get that huh?" She asked raising an eyebrow.
I clenched my fist in anger.
Yes,the part that I'd been pretending to be happy was true but I wasn't a bitch and I wasn't trying to snatch her goddamn boyfriend away from her.I was trying my best battling my emotions and this was what I was I was to get?
"He's taken yet you can't seem to get that huh?Always trying to get him in compromising positions by your locker.You think I didn't see what happened last week before you made him fight with his friend.Can't you see Chad is head over heels for you?Isn't he enough?Why do you have to go after my boyfriend?"
She screamed.
Eva visibly cringed with the mentioning of Chad.
The thought of Jessica's rants slowly run in my mind like a ferris wheel as I tried to patch pieces together.

Chad liked me?

"Jessica I..."

"Shut up you bloody liar!" Eva spewed with naked contempt as her eyes skimmed me over with malice.I suddenly had the hint that she instigated all this.
"No wonder he's been repelling all romantic gestures and cutting all your dates short."She continued.

" Because of this.She was messing up his mind."She added with a slight gesture of her hands making it obvious that I was the one she was referring to.
I felt the dire need to beat them up but I didn't because it wasn't ladylike and also , shit stained.

"Jealousy is a disease,get well soon bitch." I said ever so calmly.
This only seemed to infuriate Jessica more since she burst into more lines of nonsense.
"This is my final warning, get your filthy little hands of my boyfriend .He's my property .Get that."
"Suck up your insecurity and deal with it Jessica.Talk to your boyfriend .Not me.I never asked him to kiss me." I defended.
"Just stay away from him if you know what's right." She warned with a smile going back to her little miss sweet self.
She then ended her melodrama by slamming the door right in my face as she left the washroom.

I sank to the floor as tears stung my eyes like bee venom.I gently sobbed as I let negative toxins take control over me.
I couldn't help but let the tears flow freely.
Then a realised that I had a frenemy who wasn't playing fair
_she had an accomplice.
After sometime I gently wiped my face and repaired my makeup.I still looked gloomy but I flashed a smile,my best makeup.I walked out of the washroom head high bitches weren't worth dwelling on.

"What!You just let her walk out on you like that?You should have at least pulled out a fistful of her
extra long hair extensions." Rachel chastened looking really upset.
That was one thing with the soul sisters,you touched one,you touched all of them.
"Maybe it's truly my fault.I could have stopped him from kissing me the other day and if I had spoken to him instead of worrying over my bruised ego nothing of that sort would have happened." I opined.
"But it's not your fault Jake pays much more attention to you then her since he doesn't make time for her and cuts their dates short..."
"OMG Camilla what's wrong with you?" Rachel lashed as Harry pulled her back down on her seat as she flamed with anger.I could she that she wouldn't hesitate to vent out her anger on Jessica on anything available including Harry and I.
Harry threw her a glare before continuing with what she was saying earlier.
"Jessica is just being jealous and mean . Jake is with the wrong person and I am sure he's realised that too." Harry consoled.
"Nah uh.Jessica is not jealous.She just needs my nails clawing at her throat to bring her back to her senses.I sure wouldn't mind losing a few nails." Rachel cut in giving her nails a once over.

"Jake will come to his senses soon okay?" Harry soothed as I nodded burying my face in her arms.
"I'm so glad for having you both." I said smiling at their efforts to cheer up.
"Aw.We love you to Camilla." They chorused as we embraced.
Rachel dabbed my eyes with her mascara and gave my lips fresh coating of lip stick while Harry fixed my hair into a loose braid.
Very soon,I had new eyes and nice hair
"Now who is ready for a trip to the Big Macs?" Rachel called as soon as they were done.
Harry and I both shrieked a yes as Rachel picked up her purse and car keys as we piled into her car.

"Thanks Babe .See you later." I called out as Rachel dropped me off at the Greene's residence.
I walked to the front door and gave the doorbell a ring.As soon as the front door flew open,Mike rushed to me and engulfed me in a bone crushing hug.
"What's wrong Mike?" I asked patting his hair , fondly looking down at him.
"Why aren't you talking to Jake anymore ?"He asked looking teary eyed.
I nearly jumped with that question as I gently untangled him from my legs and placed him on my lap.
" It's not that Mike..."
"Then what?He doesn't talk to me anymore.He says you hurt him Milly. Do you hate him?"
"No I don't."
"Then you'll talk to him right?" He pressed as I wiped away the tears threatening to fall from his eyes.
I nodded an okay because I was afraid he'd cry some more if I tried arguing with him.
"Now let's go for you to apologize." He smiled taking me by the hand and leading me upstairs to Jay's room.

Wait,now!

I gave a tap on the door as Mike cried out,"Camilla's here."

"Yeah,have fun." Jay replied, his door still unopened.

"No!She's here to talk to you."

There was silence for sometime before I heard footsteps and finally the door being opened.
He opened the door a crack and stood leaning on the door way looking at me emotionless.
His hair was a mess.A hot mess of chocolate brown curls.He also looked sleep deprived. You could tell from the bags under his eyes.
His eyes sort of lit up as he scanned my body ignoring the fact that it was inappropriate to stare at a girl for that long.

"I'm sorry for the way I behaved the last time.I didn't mean to shut you out.I was just confused and unsure about myself.If there was a bigger word to say sorry I'd say it because I'm terribly sorry."
He stared at me as I rattled the apology his eyes not leaving me once.
"It was because of the kiss right?" He blurted still leaning against the doorframe.
I looked at him unable to say anything for sometime.
"I didn't mean to kiss you,I just wanted to get the assignment over with .It's not like I wanted to kiss you or something since I've obviously got a girlfriend.So we cool?"
I winced at his words.They stung like bee stings and pierced through my soul.Why was he so blunt?
"Uh sure."I said managing a smile .
" Camilla!"Mike called sharply.
I turned to face him as he looked at me crossly.
"You didn't apologize properly " He fumed.
"But I did ." I whined .
"No you didn't. You didn't hug.Miss Penny says that you must hug after apologizing to a friend.You didn't." he lectured from one of his many preschool lessons.
I sighed and walked up to Jake as he moved from the door way.
I placed my arm around his neck and rested my head in his chest.
I felt him tense up and eventually relax.He put his arms around my waist and drew me close.I caught a whiff of his natural honey and earthy cologne.I stood engulfed in his smell,Oh my did I like it.
Something suddenly didn't want me to draw back.This was an unreasonably long hug with non of us actually letting go.Jay drew me closer for absolute proximity,I felt safe in his arms.
I eventually had to draw back.

"Mike let's go." I said untangling myself from Jay's arms and pulling Mike by his arm downstairs as he smiled wide showing a few of his missing front teeth.
He was obviously proud of himself.

"You made up with Jake Milly." He said.
I smiled wrapping him in a hug.
"Don't ever hurt Jake again okay?" He advised.
I nodded an okay rubbing my nose with his .

Our first lesson for the day hadn't started yet.I glanced over my notes trying my best to keep up with my l'imparfait and Passé composé.
I felt someone nudge me from behind and turned to see whoever that was.
"I can't seem to find my pen.Do you have a spare?"Jay asked as I unzipped my pencil case and handed him a light green pen.
" Oh! And a pencil."He added.
I handed him my polka dotted pencil.
"Merci,thank you" He mumbled.
It was then that I noticed a pen lodged in between his textbook pages.
"Isn't that your pen?" I asked .
"Oh this,I don't know where it came from ." He announced picking it and throwing it behind him .
I looked at him for sometime. What was he up to?

"Belle" He called,oh so my nickname was back.
I turned to look at him fully.

"Why do you always tune yourself out when you're with me? Do you hate me that much?" He asked suddenly.
"I don't hate you." I assured.
Hating him was like the opposite of what I felt for him,how then could I hate him?
"But you're not shy are you?"

"Gosh ,no!"

"Then look into my eyes and tell me that.Stop trying to avoid eye contact Belle, please!" He almost begged.His eyes looked worried and hurt.
It was now or never.

Author's note

Mwah hahaaaa haaa!
*Me laughing evilly*
Okay,so I left you guys hanging with this one right?
Okay,Yeah Yeah swipe down for more.

Stay safe,
Mhaya.

Click on the star button to witness something magical.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 5.2K 8
WARNING: CONTAINS MATURED CONTENT!!! IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH THE EXPLICIT AND TRIGGERING SCENES WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK, THEN PLEASE, THIS BOOK...
2M 58.6K 77
Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to run into the schools most notorious footba...
106K 1.4K 26
"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying.." he chuckles and stares at my twiddli...
1.8K 208 39
***Somewhat fully edited*** Clarisa feels as if she's got everything going right for her. But when her life takes a turn for the worst, it leaves her...