somewhere in time, druig

By fireestar

Artemis. Greek Goddess of wild animals and the hunt, and Eternal. Sent to earth alongside her fellow Eternals... More

๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘ป๐‘ฐ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ
๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰๐’Š๐’„ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’“๐’š
๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰๐’Š๐’„ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’“๐’š II
๐’‘๐’“๐’๐’๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ | ๐‘ฌ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ต๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐’€ ๐‘ฎ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ญ๐‘ผ๐‘ณ
01. The Gates of Babylon
02. Dancing Lights
03. The Fall of an Empire
04. Athens
06. The Highlands
07. Remember Us
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ถ | ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฌ๐‘ด๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘ต๐‘ช๐‘ฌ
08. It Isn't Over

05. A Union of Love

1.2K 84 62
By fireestar

➼➼➼

400 AD, The Gupta Empire

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!" ARTEMIS screeched, jaw dropping as she stared bug-eyed at Sersi, completely in shock. 

"Keep your voice down!" Sersi shushed, but her giddy smile never faltered. She took Artemis's hands and pulled her close. "You're the first to know. I want it to be a surprise."

Artemis bounced on the balls of her feet, vibrating with excitement. "I have to start planning! Do you know what you're gonna wear? And what about the food? Oh, and who-"

"Artemis!" Sersi cut her off with a laugh. "Calm down. We'll sort out all the planning later. Right now, I just want to tell everyone."

"Then we can plan?" Artemis smirked playfully.

Sersi shook her head with a chuckle. "Yes, then we can plan."

Artemis grabbed her hands and squeezed. "I'm so, so happy for you, Sers."

"Oh, stop," Sersi blushed. "When do you think Druig is going to pop the question?"

"Don't change the topic, Sersi," Artemis snapped softly, turning her head to hide her blush. "Let's go find Ajak, she should know next."

Sersi sighed, smiling. "You're right," She linked arms with Artemis and pulled her out of their secluded room, into the halls of the Domo. They peeked into rooms, into the Astro-Lab, only finding Phastos and Kingo, but no Ajak. 

As they kept searching, a small short gust of wind indicated that Makkari had found them. She was smiling casually, but Artemis could see the glint of mischief in her eyes. There was no doubt that Makkari already knew of the wedding. "Where are you two off to?" She asked innocently.

"We're looking for Ajak," Sersi answered. "Have you seen her?"

Makkari tapped a finger to her chin and looked off into the distance, pretending to think. "Maybe. Why are you looking for her? Is it...something important?" She smirked.

Artemis stopped and sighed. "Sersi, she's onto us." Makkari nodded.

"How'd you know?" Seris glared in annoyance at the speedster.

"Your vibrations," Makkari smiled. "Artemis jumps when she's excited."

Seris pointed an accusatory finger in Artemis's face playfully. "This is your fault!"

"I'm sorry!" Artemis laughed, pushing her finger away. "But you're getting married, Sers! It's exciting!"

"I saw Ajak and Sprite headed towards the exit," Makkari finally told them what they wanted to know. 

"Thank you," Sersi smiled softly, shaking her head with a quiet chuckle. 

Makkari smiled back, patting her shoulder softly. "Congratulations." And she was gone. 

Artemis burst out laughing, tugging on Sersi's arm. "Come on! Or she'll tell them before you even get the chance!"

Sersi sighed but allowed Artemis to pull her towards the exit of the Domo and sure enough, Ajak, Sprite, Gilgamesh, and Thena were all out there, talking amongst themselves. Ajak beamed at them as they approached. "Sersi! Artemis! Come join us!" She beckoned them. She opened her arms and when the two were close enough, Ajak pulled them into a tight hug. "Where have you girls been?"

"Looking for you," Sersi laughed as she pulled back. 

"Oh?" Ajak tilted her head. "What is it?" There was a hint of nervousness in her voice that caused Artemis's heart to tug. It was part of being an Eternal, constantly ready for the pain they had to endure. Luckily for Ajak, there was no pain. 

Sersi took a deep breath. "Ikaris and I...are getting married."

There was a second of stunned silence before a roar of cheers erupted from Ajak and Gilgamesh. The two of them scooped Sersi up in their arms. Chuckling, Artemis moved to Thena and Sprite's side. She looked up at the tall woman and tilted her head. "You seem...indifferent." 

Thena hummed. "I am. Marriage seems...superficial. We have all of eternity to love each other. Gilgamesh and I aren't putting on a show of it."

"And that's your choice," Artemis pointed out. "Ikaris and Sersi made theirs." She smiled as she spoke, slightly giddy at the fact that Thena admitted her relationship with Gilgamesh. 

"I suppose," Thena hummed once more before shaking her head softly. "I'm going to patrol for Deviants. Care to join me?" 

"I appreciate the offer but I think I'll stay here," Artemis smiled. Thena bowed silently and walked off, leaving Artemis and Sprite alone to watch Ajak and Gilgamesh celebrate. "Isn't it exciting?" She looked down at the shortest Eternal.

"Yeah...exciting," Sprite crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

It was hard for Artemis not to pick up on her sarcasm. She turned fully and tilted her head, mimicking Sprite's crossed arms. "What was that?" 

"What?" Sprite seemed to snap out of it as she looked up at Artemis with wide eyes. 

Artemis leaned down. "You know. That tone. Are you not happy for them?" 

Sprite sighed, dropping her head and sagging her shoulders. "I don't know...I get where Thena is coming from. Marriage seems kinda stupid." 

The pain in her voice didn't go unnoticed. Artemis knelt down, placing a soft hand on her shoulder. "You know you can talk to me about anything, right?" 

Sprite didn't look her in the eye. "I know..." She mumbled. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Artemis asked softly. Sprite shook her head, lifting her gaze back to Artemis. There were tears forming in her eyes. "Oh, Sprite..." She pulled the girl into her arms and squeezed tightly.

 When she let go, Sprite was wiping her face rapidly. "I-I have to go!" Sprite muttered before running back to the Domo, just nearly missing Kingo, Phastos, and Druig as they stepped out. 

Artemis stood back up, a deep frown etched onto her face as she watched Sprite disappear into the Domo. "Is everything alright, my lady?" Druig's voice pulled her back to reality. 

Her eyes focused on him and she sighed. "I'm not sure. Sprite is acting...weird." 

She heard Kingo laugh. "So you mean she's totally normal?" 

Artemis rolled her eyes. "Kingo, I'm being serious. Something's wrong with her." 

Druig reached out and took her hand, pulling Artemis to his side. He leaned down, kissing the top of her head. "Whatever it is, Sprite will tell you. Eventually." 

Artemis sighed. "I'm not so sure this time. This feels different."

"Uh...what's got everyone so excited?" Phastos piped up. 

"Sersi and Ikaris are getting married," Artemis answered with a soft sigh. She would have to deal with Sprite later, and as cheers burst through Kingo and Phastos, she couldn't push the image of the smallest Eternal's tears from her mind. 

  "Why didn't anyone tell me last-minute wedding planning is stressful?" Artemis huffed as she sat down after what felt like hours. How was it that she could fight Deviants day and night and never grow tired, but running around collecting silks and preparing decorations rendered her exhausted?

"You need to slow down, Artemis," Ajak chuckled as she placed a vase of flowers down. "Let the others help out."

Artemis rolled her eyes playfully, shaking her head. "I want to help. This is for Sersi."

Ajak smiled softly, walking over to the chair Artemis had sat in. "Sersi will be happy no matter what we do," She leaned down, softly kissing the top of Artemis's head. Like a mother, she combed through the archer's hair with her fingers, carefully taking out any tangles or knots she came across. "You have done enough. Go get ready. I can finish up here." 

Artemis wanted to protest, but the look in Ajak's eye told her there was no use in trying. Sighed, Artemis stood back up, shaking her head. "Whatever you say, Ajak," Giving the woman a small hug, she left the decorating committee with her arms crossed. 

As she approached the Domo, it was a pleasant surprise to see Druig waiting there for her, leaning against the black stone. "My lady," He nodded, smiling softly.

She chuckled, shaking her head. "What a nice surprise," 

When she was close enough, Druig took her hand and pulled her to his chest, placing a soft kiss on her lips. "I missed you," Artemis sighed happily at his words, wrapping her arms around his torso to hug him tightly, allowing her body to finally relax. "What has you so tense?"

"Wedding planning," Artemis mumbled into his neck. 

Druig chuckled. "Come, let's get ready. You need to relax." He pulled her away from him, holding her shoulders firmly. He tilted his head with a smirk. 

Artemis rolled her eyes and nodded. "Alright, lead the way, my love." 

Druig laughed softly, taking her hand and squeezing it tightly. They walked hand in hand through the halls of the Domo to the Astro-Lab, where Phastos was hastily putting together their clothing. "Druig! Artemis! Perfect timing!" He held up to pieces of fabric, one red and black, and the other silver and lilac. "What do you think?" He handed it to them hastily. 

"They're wonderful, Phastos," Artemis giggled. She sent Druig a smile and he rolled his eyes with a laugh. "Is everyone else getting ready?" 

Phastos rubbed the back of his neck and nodded, breathing heavily. "Yes, we're just waiting on you two and Ajak."

"Ajak is finishing up the decorations but I don't think she'll be much longer," Artemis patted his shoulder thoughtfully.

"Thank you," Phastos nodded. 

Druig pulled Artemis along, leaving Phastos alone in the Astro-Lab. She held the outfit Phastos had made her carefully, admiring its shimmer. "Do you like it?" Druig asked her.

"Hm?" Artemis looked up at him and blushed. The way he was looking at her, like she was his whole world, caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach. "Oh...yes. Phastos did a great job." 

Druig nodded thoughtfully but didn't say anything. When they reached their room, they quickly began to change. The closer the clock ticked towards wedding time, the more antsy Artemis became. "My lady, calm down," Druig's voice interrupted her thoughts. She felt his warm skin carefully grab her wrist, turning her to face him. Once again she blushed under the heat of his gaze. "This is a happy day. There's no need for you to worry."

"I know," Artemis sighed. "I'm excited for Sersi and Ikaris. But I don't know why I'm so nervous."

Druig reached out, softly caressing her cheek. Artemis leaned into his touch. "You're acting as if you're getting married," He chuckled. Artemis's eyes widened and her heartbeat sped up. Druig knitted his brows together. "Does that not...interest you?"

Artemis was surprised to hear a hint of disappointment in his voice. Could he want to get married? She shook her head. "It does!" She blurted. 

"Good," Druig nodded. That was all he had to say. He removed his hand from her cheek and the other one slipped from her wrist to hold her hand. "We should go. We don't want to be late."

"Okay..." Artemis agreed, slightly dazed. She walked slowly, having to have Druig practically drag her from the Domo. People from all over the city were arriving for Sersi and Ikaris. They bowed as Druig and Artemis walked by. "You all look lovely," Artemis greeted the rest of the Eternals when they joined the group. Druig had let go of her hand and she could see out of the corner of her eye him heading towards a buffet table. She laughed softly. Druig and his food.

"As do you," Thena nodded, a small smile of approval on her face. 

A loud sniffle caught Artemis's attention. Her head snapped to see Ajak with her face buried in a handkerchief. "I'm so happy for them!" She wailed. 

"Ikaris and Sersi aren't even here yet!" Kingo laughed, patting the team leader's back softly.

Artemis smiled. It was nice to see their family come together over a cause that was not hunting Deviants. She then noticed Sprite, who looked just as dejected as she did the last time Artemis saw her. She wanted to say something, but a cheer was heard, which announced the arrival of Sersi and Ikaris. She stepped back, shoulder to shoulder with Druig and Makkari. Druig had found an apple to his liking as he loudly chewed on it. Artemis nudged him, a sign for the man to stop, but his chewing only lightly faltered. 

As the crowd cleared and Ikaris and Sersi stepped through the raining flower petals, Artemis felt her eyes well up. Sersi found her eyes in the crowd and mouthed, "Hi." Which made Artemis tear up even more. Sersi was absolutely beautiful, adorned in her signature green with jewels covering her from head to toe. She could hear Ajak cry even harder as the marriage was being officiated. 

It was a beautiful ceremony and a single tear slid down Artemis's cheek as the two finally kissed, so full of love and happiness. Druig leaned down towards Artemis, so close that she could feel his breath on her ear. "That's going to be us soon," He whispered before nipping her earlobe playfully. 

Artemis was left stunned, cheeks flaring. She was unable to move, but a large and goofy smile spread across her face at the thought. She and Druig were getting married.

AUTHORS NOTE
ahhh idk how I feel about this chapter. but uhhh I hoped you liked it anyway and stay tuned for the adorable wedding of Druig and Artemis!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.9K 28
"The people really love you." "Well, I don't care what they think about me, if they love me or hate me, I only care about you." Chaos and control...
73.5K 1.7K 21
Artemis is one of 11 Eternals send to Earth on a mission. For her first mission, she is quite excited. When the prime eternal, Ajak says that it is t...
26.8K 740 15
eris never had anything in life. she never had a full life. never had anyone stay. never felt welcomed into the avengers. the world called her a he...
57.1K 1.4K 27
An MCU Eternals and Druig x fem!oc book, meaning I make a character, you play them, your love interest is Druig and this story takes place in the mov...