An Unexpected Engagement

By colacejohansson

Natasha Romanoff has a huge crush on CEO Steve and decides that the company's Christmas party is the perfect... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
+ bonus 📲
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Quarantine Diary of Natasha Romanoff-Rogers
Chapter 80
Capítulo 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Capítulo 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122

Chapter 6

585 25 13
By colacejohansson

As soon as the Rogers family gets into their respective cars after enthusiastic goodbyes, which I took the opportunity to hug Steve's waist and cling to him like a passionate little bride, Steve lets go of my arms with a look of few friends.

Oh, what a pity. I was really enjoying being glued to him, smelling his delicious scent.

“It wasn't so bad. I try to remain optimistic, but I can tell by his annoyed expression that he doesn't think like me.

- Could have been better. He walks to the car with purposeful steps and I follow.

- Of course you could, if you just tell the truth, then none of this would be necessary! I tease and Steve shoots me a death glare before getting into the car.

I shut up, after all, I don't want you to threaten to shut my mouth with some flammable object again!

I get into the car too and remain silent, admiring her profile, which is deep in the traffic.

"Do you really have to stare at me?" he growls at one point and I let out a laugh.

“It's a good view.

He stares at me impatiently as he parks on a shopping street.

- What?

- Nothing! — I deconvert. Didn't he know he was drop-dead gorgeous?

Steve should have women drying him all the time.

- Where are we? I thought when you told your family we had a commitment it was just to lose them.

- This too. He gets out of the car and I do the same, noticing that we're on one of Chelsea's finest streets, the neighborhood he lives in. And I see Steve, dumbfounded, stepping into none other than Tiffany!

“Why are we here? 'I follow, stunned.

“You need an engagement ring.

O!

- Are you serious? I almost scream and a salesgirl approaches with a polite smile.

"How can I help you?"

“We need an engagement ring,” Steve replies matter-of-factly, as if he's ordering coffee at the bakery.

The girl's smile widens.

"Oh, congratulations, what kind of stone do you prefer?"

- Diamond! I unintentionally let go and Steve looks at me with narrowed eyes.

I shrug, red.

- She asked!

The girl doesn't seem to notice the tension that emanates from him and goes to the counter, placing a display of several diamond rings in front of us.

Oh my!

— What size do you prefer? “She starts to show several stones, one more ostentatious than the other.

I glance at Steve and he looks a little impatient, tapping his long fingers on the glass on the counter. I think he's thinking about making up for the family that our dog ate the ring.

Wait! We don't have a dog.

Maybe I can make it up that it fell down the toilet or something.

- And then? the saleswoman asks in front of our silence.

- Anyone.

The girl now looks at Steve, shocked.

“Darling, I'm sure it's important to me. I touch his hand on the counter and he gives me that psychopath look.

It's my turn to squeeze his fingers.

“We don't need to pretend here, Natasha.” He lets go of my hand and I huff.

The saleswoman stares at us, half embarrassed and confused.

— Well, I'll leave you at ease, if you prefer…

“No, we're in a hurry. Steve picks up his wallet.

Damn, how could he be so rude?

The girl now looks at me with a pitying look.

She must be thinking Steve is one of those abusive guys and that I'm only with him for the money.

- I'm sure your bride would like to choose more carefully, this is an important time.

Steve takes a deep breath, and before he can give the poor salesgirl another sharp answer, I point to the biggest diamond.

- This one. I smile to ease the situation. - It's beautiful.

- He is sure? the woman insists, with a defiant look at Steve. — I can show you more options…

“No, this is great,” I reply quickly. “We're really in a hurry.

She seems to think I'm crazy too, but she shrugs and directs Steve to the cashier.

"Don't you want to put it on your fiancée's finger?" she asks as she hands Steve the box with the ring.

He rolls his eyes impatiently and I hold out my hand.

— Yes, dear, do the honors! — I provoke. He takes the ring and puts it on my finger, giving me an "enough, don't you think?" look.

— It was beautiful! - the saleswoman comments with a polite smile.

When Steve leads the way, she touches my arm.

"He's handsome and he must be quite rich, but I think he can do better!"

“It's okay, he's good in bed. I blink before following Steve almost running out of the store.

Well, it was good that he was even there to make up for all that rudeness!

I wait until we're in the car to release the dogs.

"How can it be so thick?"

“Why is he screaming? he asks calmly.

"You could have been polite in there!"

— I said, there's no need to pretend when we're away from my family, Natasha.

"I know, but it's not the saleswoman's fault you invented this ridiculous farce!"

"Ridiculous farce?" His eyes gleam dangerously.

"You know it is!"

- You agreed to this 'ridiculous farce' and even set your terms, didn't you?

Retreat, red.

yes i had metaken advantage of the situation.

"Perhaps I also find your terms ridiculous," he concludes.

I open my mouth in dismay.

"What do you mean?" Just because I asked you to fuck do you think I'm ridiculous?

— That's not what I said…

— OK, go ahead, you can say what you think of me! I yell. Who does Steve think he is?

I'm already starting to regret having agreed to help him.

I don't know if a sex was worth all that drama!

“I don't know what to think,” he says at last. "You're too unpredictable for my taste."

"Ah… 'to your liking'?" And what would Your Highness Steve Rogers taste like? - I mock.

"I don't know what that has to do with our situation!" I'm running out of patience with this pointless discussion! It should only be a few hours with my parents, they would leave and…

"And would you make the sacrifice of having sex with me?" I ask, trying not to sound hurt. I don't know if I got it.

Steve was an asshole!

- I did not say that!

"So what do you mean?" Really, Steve, I'm really considering giving up on this story! It's not just you that's fed up, no!

- Like this? Can't give up.

- Of course I can! I don't want to be in the company of a guy who finds me insufferable!

"I didn't say it's unbearable!"

"It's between the lines, knowing you're stupid, bossy and…thank God I'm not your real bride!" God forbid I have to live with a guy like you!

"What do you mean 'a guy like me'?" "Now he's the one who looks offended."

"A cold guy who treats everything like it's a business!"

- I am not like that.

- Not? You are a control freak!

- I'm not! - insists like a fretful child.

Nor am I going to waste my time adding this item to my list of faults I'm throwing in your face.

— Well, I wouldn't want to be engaged to someone like you either!

- Someone like me? Unbearable?

- Crazy.

— Ah, so I'm the crazy one, are you sure? Who invented an imaginary bride for the entire family? Fuck you, Steve! Enough! I open the door and step out into the street, furious.

Before I take three steps, Steve appears in front of me.

“Natasha, wait.

- Get out of my way! "I try to get through, he intercepts me."

- Get in the car!

— We were arguing and I don't see any reason to continue with this nonsense! For me it's over…

— You can't leave, we have a deal!

- Oh no? Keep looking! I push him away and run across the street.

Everything happens very fast.

I hear the horn and turn, dazed, to see high beams very close. I freeze in horror, and the next moment Steve is pulling me along and we roll down the street until we come to a stop near the sidewalk, me on top of him, breathing heavily, still in shock.

Dammit, what was that?

I look over at Steve, he looks just as shocked as I do.

“Oh my God… I was going to get run over.

“I was,” he mumbles, and then I realize the situation.

It was exactly the same situation I had described to his family in my hilarious romantic story of how Steve and I would have met. And I think he realizes the same thing.

"Fuck," we let go at the same time.

And the next minute we burst out laughing.

I laugh so hard that tears come out of my eyes and at some point I realize Steve is laughing as much as I am. Really laughing, out of control.

And it's the most beautiful thing to see.

I didn't think it could get any more perfect. He stayed.

“Hey, how are you? A car pulls up beside us and the driver looks at us worriedly.

“Yeah, thanks,” Steve replies and glares at me. — That was ridiculous.

"At least it's not such a lie anymore." We can pretend we know each other now—I suggest.

He raises an eyebrow.

"And could you forget that I'm rude and stupid and whatever else you said?"

"Maybe if you stop finding me insufferable."

“It's not unbearable, Natasha Romanoff,” he says with a gentleness I've never seen before, as a finger brushes a strand of hair from my face, tucking it behind my ear.

My face heats up. And I look at his lips. I've never wanted to be kissed so much in my life. I think it would be the perfect ending.

Like a perfect romantic comedy and…

"Hey, can the lovebirds get out of the way?" Another driver honks his horn wanting to park and we laugh, but this time we get up off the floor trying to clean our clothes.

- Did you hurt yourself? Steve asks and I shake my head.

“No, you broke my fall.

“That's what I said, unpredictable,” he says, and now, in addition to the exasperation, there's a hint of amusement. It makes butterflies fly in my belly. "Do you still want to leave?" — he inquires more seriously.

Oh shit.

I should.

Steve is turning my life upside down.

And that attraction I feel for him is starting to feel like a trap.

— I can't make you stay if you don't want to — complete.

"Are you going to tell your family the truth if I leave?"

“No, I'll probably make up some story. I think I can be as creative as you.

Dammit, he wasn't going to give up. What a stubborn guy!
Good,if he didn't want to give up...

'All right, I'll stay.

Steve looks relieved.

- Thanks. "His Tom is the most humble I've ever heard from him." "And I'm sorry I called you insufferable."

“You didn't say that.

— But I thought — he confesses without the slightest guilt. “However, I think I can live with it.

“And I can live with the fact that you're snarky.

- I did not say that.

'But I thought. I blink and go back to the car. - What will we do now? Can you take me home so I can change since we're having dinner with your parents?

- Clear. Now dressed in it he looks really awful.

I look at myself and see that the once white dress is all smeared with mud from the street.

I give him my address, and when he stops in front of my building, I feel suddenly afraid. I want to invite you up. It's certainly not the right thing to do.

“I'll come pick you up at night, okay?

- All right.

I open the door to leave, however, he calls to me.

"Natasha?"

- Yes? "I turn around."

“It won't be any sacrifice to follow your terms,” he says, giving me a look that makes my face flame.

And all the air escapes my lungs.

And an insidious desire to settle in my womb.

"Until tonight," he says goodbye, turning his attention to the traffic and starting.

I get out of the car and watch him drive away.

Still speechless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 152 79
Author: Mo Xiaodie Type: Fairy Tale Romance Status: Completed Last updated: 2023-04-09 Latest Chapter: Chapter List Chapter 244 Extra Modern Project...
3.4K 215 63
More out of context shorts!
5.2K 241 11
Mahi's Bond with everyone brotherhood stories only
173K 8.2K 108
Lin Qian and Zheng PingQing, two people who have wanted to kill each other for many years, fell in love. After a lot of ups and downs, they finally m...