Under A Dark Cloud

By Else_Milch

After finally gaining her freedom, Keira is set off to live on her own out in the open world. Until one night... More

Under a Dark Cloud
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Is it too late to say sorry?
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
A/N
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
~*Bonus Chapter*~
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Not an update but still important
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 32.5
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Mini A/N
Chapter 37
Sorry XP
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Just another A/N again ( O 3 O )
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Bad news for you
Just A News
Chapter 45
....
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
=_=

Chapter 23

27.3K 581 34
By Else_Milch

Cloud's Pov :

I took Keira to the garage where all the Valentino steel beauties are parked here. Passing by a Maserati Italia, I went to find Henrietta again.

" Lamborghini Aventador.... " I heard Keira murmer. I stopped and turned to smile at her.

" You know this car, Cara mia?, " I asked as I stood beside her, marvelling the car's beauty.

" I've read and seen it in magazines before, but looking at it personally is quite the experience, " She replied, looking at the car with interest.

I smiled and went the driver's side and pressed my thumb somewhere in a small pad. It unlocked. I looked at Keira who was surprised.

" You didn't use any keys? "

" My thumb itself is the key. Fingerprint recognization. It only opens to the Valentino household and now to you as well, " I explained with a smirk.

I went to the passenger's side and opened the door for her, " Well, Cara mia? "

She walked towards the entrance of the door. But before she went in, She kissed my cheek and closed the door, leaving me with a surprised expression on my face. I returned to my senses and smiled.

Cheeky girl, aren't you?

I went to the driver's side and went in as well. I glanced to see Keira, very impressed and in awe. I grinned and started the car.

" Next stop is in the city of Milan, " I said as we drove out.

~~~~

As we head to the city, It was really quiet between us. Occasionally, I stole glances at her. I smiled when I saw her fascinated by the scenery.

I turned on the radio and Ed Sheeran's " Thinking Out Loud " was playing. Trying to make a nice cheery atmosphere, I sang.

" When your legs don't work like they used to before.  "

Keira looked at me with an amused smirk. I smirked at her back.

" And I forgot what's the next of this line, " I sang in tune, doing a voice crack. Keira bursted in laughter. That beautiful laughter of hers is worth it.

" Seriously, Cloud?, " She said with a smile as her laugh dies down.

" Seriously in love with you, " I said, looking at the beautiful woman whom I called my wife.

She blushed and looked away. I chuckled. So cute and adorable. In the next of the lines, We sang together in unison, our voice blending and complementing each other.

I was looking at the road to see we're almost there. I placed my hand somewhere in the middle to also find another hand beneath mine. I turned to see Keira, looking down at our hands.

Unconsciously, I wrapped my fingers around hers. Our fingers intertwined and fit with eachother perfectly. Such soft hands. Ed Sheeran sang in the background,

" People fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of their hands. "

We were staring at eachother as moment around us wrapped itself, leaving the two of us. It felt like it was just only us until..

Honk honk!!!

~~~~

( Just kidding XD Scared you guys, didn't I? ^^ )

I steered the car sharply away from the truck's path. My heart was beating widely. Too close. Too close in losing the three of us. I glanced to see Keira clutching the seat tightly as she breathed hard, her chest going up and down quickly. I watched the road as I grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze.

" Let's not get too caught in the moment on the road next time. " She nodded in agreement.

~~~~

We arrived infront of the Adjantè building. I opened the door for Keira as I took her hand and lead her inside.

Inside was a huge and exquisite boutique for men and women with great style. I looked around till a woman came up to me and enveloped me into a hug. I hugged her back with one arm. She looked at me and said in kind of country accent,

" Oh my! Well, If it ain't Cloud! It's a been a long time since I've seen you! How ya been these days? "

" I'm very well fine, Cassan. I'm just here to look some new clothes and to shop, " I said with a smile. I felt my hand tighten a bit and turned to see Keira looking at me back, her face showing a hint of jealousy.

" Who's little pretty thing? She looks none like your type but she sure is a beaut!, " Cassan said with a friendly smile as she looked at Keira. I smiled.

" Cassan, This is my wife, Keira and I agree that she is a beauty. Well, Too beautiful to be called a beauty though, " I introduced Cassan to Keira.

" Keira. This is Cassan or Cassandra Smith. She's one of my friends as well as the owner of the top leading clothes brands. She'll help us with our clothes, " I introduced Keira to Cassan. Keira's face relaxed and she seemed to understand that Cassan is just a friend.

" Well, Hey there, Mrs. Keira! Let's get you suited up with what cha like!, " Cassandra said as She hugged Keira, who also hugged her back, as She lead her somewhere in the room.

" Cloud? You coming?, " Keira asked before heading somewhere. But before I could answer, My cellphone rang and fished it out to check the caller I.D.

" Oh, Sorry. I have to make this call, ok? Cassan, Make my wife hot and stylish but don't make it too tight on the stomach! "

" Now, What's with you calling her fat?! You know very well that women don't like to be called- "

I pointed as She followed what I was pointing at. Her eyes landed on Keira's stomach. Her eyes widened and her smile grew bigger.

" Oh my! Well, I'll be shot by a cowboy! A bean! A bun! A small little bun in the oven!!! Congrats!!! Come! We gonna all moms jealous of you! "

I smiled as I walked away to take this phone call.

~~~~

Keira's Pov :

I was being dragged by Cassandra and I can tell she is one of those friendly types of people. Seriously, How does Cloud meet these kind of people?

Cassandra let me sit down gently on a plush chair as she said,

" Wait here. I'll be back before 2 jumps of a kangaroo! "

I nodded and looked everywhere. The place is nice classy and stylish. New and top leading trends were plenty here, giving the store that look that sells really well.

I was looking at a shelf of clothes until I heard a knock in the window. I turned to look as my eyes widened to see a familiar face, waving at me. His blue eyes looking at mine back. He smiled as He mouthed ' Keira. '

Wow! Why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be in California?

I stood up to get closer to him but a hand grabbed my arm. I turned to look at Cassandra, holding a huge pile of clothes with one arm.

" Where do you think you're going? The clothes you need and suits you a lot is here with me. "

" But He was there...., " I turned to look at the window again to see him gone. Cassandra looked at my direction and looked at me back, shaking her head.

" Girl, You don't have to give me that excuse not to put this clothes on you! Trust me, Darlin'! You'll look more fabulous than those fancy mothers out there!, " Cassandra said with a smile as She dragged me to the changing room.

Oh boy. But the question remained. Why was He here in Italy?

~~~~

In the end, I spent nearly a whole hour or I don't know since I've lost track trying on the suggested clothes Cassandra told me to put on. Whew. This momma needs rest.

I sat down on one of the plush chairs as I relaxed. I felt a presence behind me as I felt arms carefully and gently wrapped around me. I smiled when I felt him place kisses on my neck.

" You look very lovely, Keira. I guess I have to be more careful and extra protective of you this time. I don't want men to even look at you, " Cloud said in a possessive yet husky tone. His warm breath on my neck sent me waves all over my body.

" Cloud, honey, You know I'm all yours, right? No one will take me away from you, " I cooed as I placed a kiss on his high cheek bone. He smiled at me. We heard a clatter of heels as We turned to see Cassandra with a grin.

" So, Cloud? Whaddya think? , " Cassandra said, barely containing her excitement.

Cloud eyed me head to toe and turned to look at her, " Is this only what She tried on? "

" Apparently, no. She tried a whole lot o' others but I personally think this is the best. Extremely comfortable for her and her baby bump with extra space. Not to mention very stylish as well, " Cassandra said with a matter of fact tone laced with happiness.

" Good, " Cloud smiled, " I want nothing but the best for my wife. And those other clothes she tried on, I'll buy those including the one she wore right now. "

My eyes widened as Cloud said it in an easy and calm tone as if this is normal to him. But not me. I have seen the price tags of these clothes and I'd say it costs more than my own life but Cloud is just buying it without a care at all. He handed his credit card to her as Cassandra took it to swipe all the clothes.

" Baby, Wait in the car, ok? I have something to buy here as well, " Cloud said with a smile.

" You sure? I could help with the bags- "

" It's ok, Cara. You can relax inside. Oh, and please call Gian to go here. He inside the black car behind ours and when you're done, immediately get inside our car, ok?, " Cloud said in a slight commanding tone with a grin as He gave me some kind of glove. I pouted as I snatched the key and glove from him and a fake angry look before walking off.

As I went out, I noticed that there was a black car behind ours. I walked to the black car as the window rolled down. There were two men in the front seats, looking at me.

I cleared my throat and said, " Uhmm.. Gian? My husband needs you for something. "

I heard the guy near me groan silently as He nodded. The one of the driver's seat snickered as Gian went out. Gian gave him a glare before sheepishly giving me a smike and jogged off inside the store. In the driver's seat, The guy nodded at me and smiled in which I returned back.

As instructed, I went to the Lamborghini and tried to open the door. Then, I forgot that there's a finger print password. Trying on the glove Cloud gave me, I pressed it again and it opened and immediately started. I smiled as I went in waiting for him.

After some time, I see poor Gian carrying the shopping bags and a big box towards the black car. I pitied him having to carry it. Then, I saw Cloud go out and went to the driver's side. He went in and smiled at me.

" Sorry. Was talking with Cassandra for a bit and had to buy things. But we best be going now, It's already sunset and we don't want the others to worry about us. "

Wow. We were in that store for that long?

Cloud started to drive back home. He seems slightly tense as He drived a little quicker this time. Not wanting to happen the last time, I buckled on my safety belt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 969 21
She was happy. She had a normal family, life and well everything. Until one night everything changed.
108 0 11
Months after killing her abusive husband, Chelsea has to deal with someone trying to kill her, on top of her boyfriend being a leader of a mafia gang.
248 36 18
Imisi's life is disrupted the day she mistakenly finds out about the BIG SECRET she runs but her freedom is once again lost. She resigns to her fate...
154 2 13
This love-adult story is about two mafia family (They are enemies). Until one day one family wants to leave...until on their way they find something...