SETH (Book Four)

By authormsdevera

Everyone has a dark past where you can never run from it. Theresa Young goes by the name of Terry may have le... More

Author's Note
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
ANNOUCEMENTS
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
ANNOUNCEMENTS
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-TWO
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
ANOUNCEMENT!
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
ANNOUNCEMENT
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
ANNOUNCEMENT
FIFTY
EPILOGUE

THIRTY-ONE

246 17 1
By authormsdevera

It's been a while since I've visited Odin's office. After another hot, passionate kiss with Seth, I'm getting lazy and not coming here. Even Seth wouldn't let me go and began to whine like a child. I couldn't help but get mad at him because his expression was too adorable. But I'm obligated to finish the mission. I straighten my suit jacket, brush my hair back, and let out a heavy sigh.

I softly knock on the wooden polished door with my knuckles. "Come in," his deep voice seems demanding yet overpowering.

I open the door and step inside, walking towards his desk slowly as I look around. The office has stayed the same; everything is in place and clean through and through. Odin's office space is more extensive than most because he's the boss. It's a vast space with window walls that curve where you can see most of Los Angeles. On the walls are paintings he had purchased or were gifted to him from friends, but now they are taken down and replaced with pictures of his family, smiling and happy. This office no longer intimidates them whenever they enter. Now it's lively. His office back in London is different from this. His office is a mess in London, with documents and papers piled up like anthills.

The man behind the desk is on his phone, having a deep conversation with his back to me. I do not dare interrupt him as I look around to kill time. But I can hear what he says to the person on the other side of the phone.

"I thank you, Mr. Hiroshi," It Seems Odin is talking to one of his trusted friends from Japan. "As long as those children find a place, I will be at ease. But what of Osada?"

I capture the name of the person Odin asks about, but my attention drifts elsewhere. I look down at the family photo collage Thea made for him. It was pictures of all the spots they visited. After rescuing Effie from Heather, Odin decided to take the siblings to all the places they wanted. Just the four of them have been all over California within a month. Themes parks like Disneyland, Universal Studios, and Knotts. They went to San Diego to jet ski and drive around tourist attractions. Big Bear to go skiing, Palms Spring for ATV driving. At around seventy, Odin still has that young at heart for Odin's age. He never once complained to his grandkids because he promised to spend time with them. He wanted to get to know and love them, which he couldn't do because of who he was.

"Okay, please let me know when you find her," my thoughts then pulled away, and my ears picked up the conversation again. "Those teens have been through a lot because of her. To think a wicked woman like her adopted children to become her..." He hisses, slams his hand on the window, and then turns into a fist. "To think she's worked for the Order despite her old age. The old hag still has her craves. Please make sure you capture her alive. Thanks, goodbye."

I watch the powerful older man let out a deep sigh. I've seen him like this and can sense how much stress he has succumbed to when it involves children. He told me that saving children wasn't his style, but after his wife died and he lost his son, he went to great lengths to find him. That is when he got himself involved with the Order. He knew they kidnapped children, and to play the overlord of the unorthodox world, he infiltrated in search of his son, whom he assumed was taken. But after seeing all those children and how mistreated they were, he decided to rescue them by building a secret agency known as the Dagger Protect. He and a few of his team raided the first base where I was kept, starting my career as a hitman who takes down evil.

If Odin hadn't saved me, I would have died with my daughter. I'm grateful to him for a second chance in life.

"Terry," Odin put his phone on his mahogany desk. "Sorry about that. Have you waited long?"

"No, sir, I just arrived."

He nodded and sat on his chair. "Well, that was Mr. Hiroshi."

"Kuma Hiroshi?"

"Yes," Odin reached through his drawers and pulled out his tablet. "Take a look."

I took the gadget and inspected the PDF files. It reveals intel on an old businesswoman, Imari Osada, who is fifty-one years old. She was an illegitimate child of a prostitute and a wealthy businessman in Japan. Because of her status of being a daughter of a whore, her family poorly treated her. She endured all the hardships of learning the business and pursuing younger men. It's unclear why she prefers men more youthful than her, but it started with a forbidden romance with her younger cousin, who kindly treated her. But he was in love with someone his age, breaking Osada's heart. Hence, her obsession with young boys was the cause of her unrequited love for a family member.

Osada became ruthless over the years, living under a family who still finds her unworthy to take the family fortune. She had killed every member who would inherit her grandfather's wealth. Then, she starts her business by caring for teenage boys with no home. She runs charities and builds orphanages in Japan and other countries with many lost boys. But all that only covers up her real purpose. She has a taste in teenage boys between the ages of thirteen and sixteen; older than that, she has no interest and does her work for her or throws them away. She uses them for her pleasure. Osada also goes by another name - Paola.

The Order executives' oldest member prefers younger boys, whom she plays with and tortures with her sex toys. There are pictures of one of her sex dungeons in her home in Paris, New York, London, and in her very own home, Japan.

As I look through each picture, feeling my stomach fuzzy from all these disgusting and disturbing photos, that's when my heart drops, and my eyes grow wide in shock. My hands shake as I enlarge the image with my fingertips. I stare at the tribal tattoo that the Wolfe brothers have. It symbolizes their brotherhood and love for one another as a family who will always protect each other. It's the same tattoo I saw on Seth's right arm.

"Terry? Are you feeling okay?"

I bore my eyes on this photo and had vivid images of the story he told me earlier. It's a picture of Seth, naked, hands tied behind his back, a ball tied in his mouth, and blindfolded, bending forward while a large man is right behind him.

"I...I recognize this boy in this picture," My voice croaked, hands still shaking.

"You do?"

I gently place the tablet down and let Odin see the photo as I turn around, hand fist on the side as my blood is boiling.

"This picture was taken ten years ago," Odin states, then makes a grunting sound. "I don't pay much attention to these pictures because they are too disturbing to look at. So, do you know who this boy is?"

I glance over my shoulder and look down at the tablet before turning my head. "That boy...that boy...is...Seth."

"Seth?" he questioned but then caught on to who I meant. "Wait, your Seth."

I inhale sharply and nod.

"My bloody god," Odin groaned and exhaled from the stress. "How do you know that's him? It could be anyone?"

I shake my head. "No, it's him. He and his brothers all have the same tribal tattoos."

"Oh, Terry."

"He told me when he was sixteen, to buy his mom the best birthday present, he worked as an escort in Japan, where his family was stationed. To raise money, he made a deal with a middle-aged woman who would give him twice the amount he receives and..."

I don't want to explain the details Seth has told me because it is too hard to bear picturing it.

"Odin," I stand firm. "Please put me back on the mission."

He pulls a troubled look on his face, which means he has second thoughts.

"I know you told me to spend time with Poppy, and I will. Those fucking Order bastards already ruined people who I cared about. They killed Myles, destroyed Poppy's childhood, and Seth...I can't stand still and ignore them any longer. They all must die!"

I outburst my anger, and Odin stares at me sternly. I can't read what he is thinking. I don't know if my anger wants him to refuse my request. I glance at the photo and close my eyes shut. I don't want to be here any longer. Since I told Kendall to head for Vegas, I should go there first and deal with Paola.

"If you won't say anything, I'm sorry and will disobey you this time." I start to take a step towards the door.

"Stop," I froze, taking another step from Odin's powerful voice. I hear him get up from his chair and stand before me. I look up and see his eyes soften. He plants his hand on my shoulders and sighs. "I understand your anger. But remember what I told you. Don't drown yourself for revenge. Think about the children who you helped. Think about little Poppy. If you become reckless, she will live another thirteen years without a mother. And what about Seth? Now I see you become your true self as a woman because of him. I'm happy for both of you."

"Odin..." my voice cracked, a warm tear falling from my eye. "I can't...I can't and look the other way. They deserved to die."

He reaches and wipes it away and smiles. He cupped my face, and I could see how much he cared for me as one of his own. "Okay, stop crying. This was the second time you have shown me your tears." I look up at his blue-gray eyes, almost pure gray because of age. "I remember when you cried when I promised you a good life. Do you know why I adopted you from all the rescued children?"

I shake my head.

"You remind me of myself. I was a street kid with no family, and I thought I would lose all hope. I had to fight for food and survival on the cold, dark streets. I was about to die from hunger until my adopted father saved me."

This was the first I'd heard of. I knew he grew up with nothing but thought he was an orphan, just like me.

"I know what you're thinking. Shouldn't my son resemble me," Odin let out an old man's chuckles. "Although he has my handsomely good looks, he resembles more of my deceased wife. There is no violence in his blood."

I remembered how Odin would describe his wife as beautiful, caring, and gentle like a flower. He said being with her keeps all his darkness away, worries, and madness. All gone. I've seen her in Odin's mansion, and she likely resembles Effie.

"I always said this, but I don't want to lose you like I lost my son," Odin exclaimed. "But I don't want you to live only off revenge."

"So, you won't allow me to go?"

He shakes his head and pulls himself away, clasping his hands behind his back. "I will let you go." I feel a sigh of relief. "But, I want you back in one piece. I don't want my grandchild to be upset if you're not back."

"Grandchild?"

"Poppy," Odin smiles proudly. "You are like my child, so it makes Poppy my grandchild."

Hearing him say that makes me happy inside and out.

"I also can't wait for you and that young man to tie the knot," he returned to his chair, stared at me, and looked down at my stomach.

"I'm not pregnant, Odin. Seth wants to keep its tradition." I tell him nervously. Suddenly, I forgot my anger.

"Good, I already have two grandkids who are not married but already have kids, while the other is about to be due. Except for Claire, she got pregnant before her marriage to Don. She's almost due as well. And Lily had different suitors from left to right until she finally stayed with one.

"Seth said he would wait for me until I finished my mission."

"That's good to hear," Odin leans forward. "Once you come back from your mission. I'll set a wedding date."

"Uhm..." I open my mouth, but there is a smile on his face as he looks through his tablet to set the date. "I'll be on my way out."

"Do you know where Osada is?" He asked.

"Paola is in Vegas. I had Kendall go there and deal with her, but she was the woman who did things to my man since I found out. I will make her life much worse than she did." With that said, I left Odin's office, bringing back the madness inside.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Kendall's number. "Kendall."

"Hey, Cap."

"Where are you?" I say, walking down the hall leading to the elevators.

"I'm at my workshop." I can hear her rummaging through things on the phone. I listen to items falling and crashing, echoing in my ear.

Workshop? What is this girl doing? She's here and hasn't left. "You didn't leave?"

"Nope, I was about to, but I forgot a gadget I made perfect for this mission. Why are you asking?"

I tap the button as the elevator doors open. I press the number that will take me to Kendall's workshop. "I'm going with you." The doors closed as the elevators descended. I watch the numbers on the top decrease.

"You are? That's great. I don't think I can do this alone." She chuckles.

"Oh, you don't have to do anything," I smirk.

"Aw, man, but I wanted to try this weapon I made," Kendall whined. "She needs to pay for what she had done to my Hunny bunny."

I feel the same. But I don't call Seth my Hunny bunny. It's too cringy.

"Bring it. I don't know what you made, but I may have you omayI see it."

I pullmy phone away as she squeals. "This is why you are the best captain, Captain."

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit." I end the call by closing my eyes, thinking of so many ways to torture Imari Osada, Paola.

The elevator dings as I spot Kendall with a bag of gadgets over her shoulders. I walk over to the secret room filled with ammunition and weapons. I grabbed a pistol and a few magazine clips, holstering them inside my shirt. Bring something light; that is what I always tell myself.

"Ready?"

I look over at Kendall. "Been ready," I say and pull up a smirk. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

688K 23.7K 26
BOOK 1 IN THE 'I MARRIED..' series Kai Jacobson, the youngest son of CIA agent Landon Jacobson and former model Monica Martin. He ran from home at th...
201K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...
77.6K 2.1K 14
Luka is a 21 year old college student and she seems like any other college girl but what no one knows is she has an ability to heal and cure. she doe...