π‹πŽπ•πˆππ† 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓, teen...

Autorstwa afternoonbliss

the pack had a very normal summer. no supernatural incidents or situations happening. after the whole kissing... WiΔ™cej

π‹πŽπ•πˆππ† 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓
𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„
πŽππ„: π„ππ‡π„πŒπ„π‘π€π‹
π“π–πŽ: 𝐀𝐍 π„π—ππ‹π€ππ€π“πˆπŽπ
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: πˆπ“'𝐒 𝐀 π‹πŽπ†πŽ
π…πŽπ”π‘: πƒπŽπ'𝐓 ππ‹π€πŒπ„ π˜πŽπ”π‘π’π„π‹π…
π…πˆπ•π„: 𝐋𝐄𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏 π“π‡π„πŒ
π’πˆπ—: π“π‘π˜πˆππ† π“πŽ 𝐆𝐄𝐓 π“πŽ π˜πŽπ”
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: πˆπ“ 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃
π„πˆπ†π‡π“: π…π‹π€π’π‡ππ€π‚πŠ
ππˆππ„: π’π“πˆπ“π‚π‡ π“π‡π„πŒ 𝐔𝐏
𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 πŒπ€π‹π‹
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: πŒπŽπ“π„π‹ 𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐍 π‚π€ππ‘πˆ
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐄𝐍𝐃 πˆπ“
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π„π„π: ππ„π…πŽπ‘π„ πˆπ“'𝐒 π“πŽπŽ 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄
π…πŽπ”π‘π“π„π„π: πŽππ“πŽ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐒
π…πˆπ…π“π„π„π: π„π‹π„π‚π“π‘πˆπ‚
π’πˆπ—π“π„π„π: ππ‹πˆππƒπ„πƒ
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: πˆπ’ πˆπ“ π‚π‡π‘πˆπ’?
π„πˆπ†π‡π“π„π„π: 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 ππŽπ“ ππ‘πŽπ“π„π‚π“πŽπ‘π’
ππˆππ„π“π„π„π: πŒπŽπ‘π„ π’π€π‚π‘πˆπ…πˆπ‚π„π’
π“π–π„ππ“π˜: 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐑 π„π‚π‹πˆππ’π„
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ π“π–πŽ: πƒπŽπ'𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓 πˆπ“ 𝐈𝐍
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐍𝐄𝐋 ππŽπŒππ„π‘
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ π…πŽπ”π‘: π†π‹πŽπ– 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ€π‘πŠ
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ π…πˆπ•π„: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐈
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ π’πˆπ—: π’π“πˆπ‹π„π’?
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: πƒπŽπ'𝐓 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 π…πŽπ—
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ π„πˆπ†π‡π“: π’π‡π”π†π„ππƒπŽ π’π‚π‘πŽπ‹π‹
π“π–π„ππ“π˜ ππˆππ„: 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄, π’πŽπŒπ„π–π‡π„π‘π„
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜: πŠπˆπ‹π‹ π“π‡π„πŒ
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜ πŽππ„: 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 π†πŽππ„
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜ π“π–πŽ: 𝐖𝐄 π†πŽπ“ π‡πˆπŒ ππ€π‚πŠ
π“π‡πˆπ‘π“π˜ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: πŒπŽπ•πˆππ† 𝐎𝐍

π“π–π„ππ“π˜ πŽππ„: π’πˆπƒπ„ 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐒

2.6K 109 128
Autorstwa afternoonbliss

————
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬
————
"you know sign language?"
————

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐣𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐬 she gasped for breath. her eyes scanned her surroundings, making sure that she was in a safe place. she felt a small amount of relief appear in her chest once she realized that she was in her room. she continued to breathe heavily, bringing her hands up to wipe the sweat off of her forehead.

"you're okay. it was just a dream." she mumbled to herself, pushing her hair back.

the sound of her door opening made her look up, seeing her mother standing in the doorway. "well, good morning. you're gonna be late for school, so let's get a move on it, yeah?" rebecca said before she turned and went down the hall.

aurora furrowed her eyebrows, a feeling of uncertainty appearing in her chest. she climbed out of bed and got ready for the day before she went downstairs. to her surprise, rebecca was in the kitchen cooking breakfast. aurora sat down at the island cautiously, staring at the back of her mother's head.

it was silent for a few minutes, the uncertainty growing as time went on. something wasn't right, aurora could feel it. did her mother not feel it? or was she ignoring it?

"something isn't right." aurora mumbled, looking around the kitchen.

"what was that, sweetie?" rebecca asked, not turning around.

"something isn't right. this isn't right." aurora repeated, her eyes landing on her mother again. and then it hit her. "you're not supposed to be here."

rebecca let out a dry chuckle, making aurora's stomach churn. "well then where am i supposed to be?" she asked, still facing the stove.

"you're dead, mom." the teenage girl said.

aurora watched as her mother's spine went completely straight. rebecca stopped moving around whatever she was cooking, looking straight ahead.

"isn't this what you want?"

aurora's stomach continued to churn. "this is a dream." she mumbled to herself.

"oh, is that what we're calling it now?" rebecca questioned, turning the stove off as she removed the pan off of the eye.

aurora watched as smoke started to come from something in front of rebecca. "what's burning if you just took the pan off?" she whispered, having a feeling that she didn't actually want to know.

"why can't you just stop asking questions and enjoy the peacefulness?" rebecca asked, her voice a lot deeper than it was a few seconds ago. "you was always such a curious little cub."

aurora stood up from her seat, "wake up. wake up. please wake up, rori."

it seemed like everything had froze once those words left her mouth, the hastings girl thinking that it was working. but then her mother turned around to face her, her head engulfed in flames. aurora's heart dropped as she watched her mother start to walk towards her, the teen wolf quickly running towards the front door. she pulled on it but it wouldn't budge.

"oh, cub." rebecca's cynical voice called as she crept closer.

"wake up." aurora started mumbling to herself, screwing her eyes shut as she covered her ears with her hands. "wake up. it's just a nightmare. wake up. wake up." she repeated, feeling the heat that was radiating off of her mother get closer and closer. "wake up, rori. wake up. WAKE UP!"

aurora gasped for breath as her eyes shot open, feeling someone's arms wrapped around her. she tried to escape their hold, tears trailing down her cheeks as continued to breathe heavily.

"hey! it's me, rori! it's isaac!" said boy yelled as he tried to contain her thrashing, pulling her closer to him.

"n - no! let go!" aurora yelled. "let go of me!"

"rori, it's okay!"

"no! no!"

max quickly entered the room, his face full of concern as he ran to the bed. he scooped aurora out of isaac's arms, pulling her towards him as he whispered smooth nothings into her ears. he felt the hastings girl grab onto his shirt, continuing to tell her she was okay as he rubbed her back. aurora started to sob, the sudden pull back to reality hitting her.

"it's okay, rori. you're okay." max soothed, bringing one of his hands up to her head. "it was just a nightmare. you're okay."

isaac sat on the bed, watching the two in worry. this was the 3 nightmare she had this week, and it's only monday. he started to remember what deaton had told them that night that aurora, scott, and stiles had sacrificed themselves. was this the side effects from the darkness being in their hearts? was aurora the only one who was going through this?

max had looked at isaac, seeing the concern on his face. he gestured for the lahey boy to join them. the beta wolf awkwardly joined the hug as aurora started to calm down.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

after aurora's nightmare, and a lot of assurance that she was okay, max had went back into his room to go back to sleep. isaac on the other hand, had sprawled himself out on the floor of her room. she wasn't able to go back to sleep though, the image of her mother being on fire appearing every time she closed her eyes for more than a second.

but now, the sun was up and the birds were chirping. aurora and isaac was getting ready for school while max was standing in the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee. he didn't have work today, which both aurora and isaac appreciated since he overworked himself.

"any of you want coffee?" he questioned, gesturing to the coffee pot.

"i don't think coffee works for us." isaac said, looking at aurora for confirmation. "since we're werewolves and all."

"yeah, sadly it doesn't." aurora confirmed.

"well, more for me." max smiled, grabbing the coffee pot before he poured himself some more. "you guys better get going before you're late."

"sir, yes, sir." aurora saluted as she grabbed her bag from the floor. "it's your day off, so take it easy, okay?"

"yes, ma'am." max nodded, taking a sip from his mug. "love you, guys!"

"love you too!" the two teens yelled back as they walked to the door.

both aurora and max smiled at isaac saying it back. he wasn't used to receiving love from a parental figure, so when he gave a small sign of it back, they were really happy about it. even isaac would be happy about it.

aurora was about to open the door, stopping when she saw her claws were extended. she retracted her hands, trying to make them go away. but they didn't. so she quickly made a fist, closing her eyes as she sucked in a breath. once she released it, she opened her hand again, her claws being good.

"rori? you okay?" isaac quizzed.

"yeah, all good." she answered, going to open the door.

she was about to walk out, but paused when she saw a man standing in front of her. her heart dropped once she realized who it was. she felt hurt appear in her heart, it turning into anger and betrayal a few seconds later. she glared at the older man, grabbing her keys from the small table before walking past him and towards her car.

"aurora! aurora, wait!" the man yelled as he followed her.

max heard the familiar voice from the kitchen making him put his mug down and join isaac in the doorway. his eyebrows raised at the familiar man that was following his niece. "oh, shit."

"d - did you just curse?" isaac questioned, taken aback.

"shh!" max hushed.

aurora quickly got in her car, locking it as soon as she slammed the door shut. she put the key in the ignition but didn't pull away since isaac wasn't in the car yet.

"aurora! just - let's talk! please!" the man yelled.

"andrew!" max yelled, making the man turn to him. "she obviously doesn't want to talk to you. so i suggest you leave." he continued, glaring at him.

"andrew?" isaac repeated, tilting his head slightly.

"if you don't mind, max. this is between me and my daughter." andrew said, making aurora scoff inside her car.

"daughter?" isaac asked, eyebrows raising.

"you didn't think about that when you left her and my sister." max scolded, walking closer to the man. "now get off my property before it becomes a problem."

andrew coward away slightly, his tough act disappearing. max was only an inch taller than him, but they had completely different body types. max was the muscular type, biceps bulging every time he would bend his arm in the slightest. andrew on the other hand, lacked said muscle. it wasn't that he didn't have any, they just weren't as big as max's. that said, he knew that max would beat his ass if he needed to.

"fine." andrew mumbled, walking to his car.

max waited for the cameron man to drive off before he walked towards aurora in her car. he waited for her to roll her window down, asking, "you okay?"

"yeah." aurora answered, sucking in a breath to calm down. "who does he think he is just appearing out of the blue like that?"

"i don't know, kiddo." max answered, seeing how much andrew had affected her. "look, you guys have to get to school. isaac!"

the lahey boy walked out of the house and to the car. max had ruffled his hair as he past him, watching as he climbed into the passenger's seat. aurora gave max one last wave before she pulled off, heading towards beacon hills high.

"that's the asshole that left you and your mom?" isaac asked after a few minutes of silence.

"unfortunately." aurora answered.

"well, if he comes back, give me the word and i'll beat his ass." isaac promised.

this made aurora release a laugh, nodding. "will do, i."

once the two of them had gotten to school, isaac had waved goodbye as he walked in the direction of his locker. aurora waved back, walking down the hall to her locker. as she walked down the hall, she saw the things around her start to go dark. she felt her eyes turn to their new pink color as her vision turned red.

"aurora." a cynical voice called, the hairs on the back of her neck standing up.

she quickly turned around to see who the voice belonged to, only to see that everything had went back to normal. the halls were no longer dark and her vision was back to normal, meaning her eye color was brown. she shook her head slightly before she continued her journey to her locker.

she opened her locker, grabbing the books that she needed for her first few periods. she hadn't see allison, lydia, stiles, or scott yet, but she didn't think too much of it. aurora caught a glimpse of something in the small mirror that was on her locker door. she did a double take, freezing in her spot when she saw that it was her mother, her head on fire. not only that, but aurora's eyes were pink, glowing as she stared at her reflection.

she then felt someone grab her shoulder, turning her around. she quickly turned around, getting ready to hit whoever it was. but she relaxed when she realized it was just allison. she released a sigh as she put her fist down.

"are you okay, rora?" the huntress, her eyebrows knitted together in concern.

aurora turned back to look in her mirror, seeing that her eyes were back to normal. "yeah. yeah, just tired." she answered, turning back to her girlfriend. she saw stiles, scott, and lydia standing behind her, making the hybrid furrow her eyebrows. "hey, guys."

"you're seeing things, aren't you?" stiles asked.

"h - how'd you know?" aurora questioned, closing her locker.

"because it's happening to all three of you." lydia answered.

"oh, well, that's great." the hastings girl mumbled sarcastically.

"well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one." lydia commented as she started to walk down the hall.

"we're not crazy." aurora quickly defended as the group followed the strawberry blonde.

she stopped, turning to face them. "hallucinating? sleep paralysis? yeah, you guys are fine."

"we did die and come back to life." scott pointed out, looking between his best friends. that's gotta have some side effects, right?"

aurora nodded, thinking back to what her mother had told her. that the darkness is gonna spread to her mind and affect her mentally. she didn't say anything about it affecting her abilities though. maybe she should check her mother's journals.

the school bell echoing through the halls made aurora come back to reality, looking at everyone expectantly.

"we keep an eye on each other, okay?" stiles told the two werewolves, the both of them nodding. "allison can help too. and lydia, stop enjoying this so much." he finished before walking past her.

"what?" lydia asked, pretending not to know.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

aurora, allison, and lydia was in art class while the boys were in history. allison and lydia had been doing their assignments, peacefully painting besides one another. aurora on the other hand, was having a hard time keeping her hand steady. the one thing that helped her calm down in a stressful time she wasn't able to do because her hand wanted have a muscle spasm.

"not the steadiest hand for someone who does art as a hobby." lydia spoke up, continuing to paint.

aurora dropped her hand, glaring at the piece of paper that had a few black markings on it from her attempts at painting. "it's been happening since that night."

allison looked over at her girlfriend to see the look of frustration on her face. even if she was trying to act calm, allison could see the frustration that was being blocked off. she understood though. art is something that aurora did to release her stress and help her calm down. and because of this stupid darkness, she wasn't able to do it.

the hastings girl continued to glare at the paper, fragments of her nightmare from earlier flashing through her mind. she was pulled back to reality at the sound of paper ripping, seeing that lydia had ripped the messed up piece of paper out of the big book.

"start over." the strawberry blonde instructed.

"and take a deep breath." allison added.

aurora nodded, sucking in a deep breath as she picked up her paint brush. she dipped it in the black paint again before she start to paint, her hand not spasming as much as it was before. she smiled slightly, continuing to work on her assignment. even if she wasn't a painting person, she still enjoyed doing it. maybe she could ask the teacher if she could draw her assignment instead.

the three girls continued to talk amongst each other as they painted, aurora not having any problem with her hand for the rest of the class. they had left the classroom once the bell had rang, going to aurora and allison's lockers since they were closer.

"maybe me and the guys need a little more time to get back to normal." aurora suggested as she opened her locker. she quickly took her mirror from off her door and put it face down into her locker.

"yeah, try not to forget that you three hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon for supernatural creatures." lydia pointed out. "there's a pretty high chance that things will never go back to normal."

"you know, you sound like stiles." aurora said, a smile appearing on her lips once she saw the small blush creep on to lydia's cheeks. "and a girl can dream. literally a month after i moved back, we were pulled into this damn world of supernatural. even though it was bound to happen to me."

"speaking of stiles, is there anything going on between you two?" allison questioned lydia.

"why would there be?" the strawberry blonde asked.

"you two kissed." aurora answered, furrowing her eyebrows as she closed her locker and leaned on it.

"he was having a panic attack." lydia defended, still receiving looks from the couple. "me kissing him made him hold his breath, which stopped the panic attack."

"look, all i'm saying is that you two would be amazing together." aurora shrugged. "i am the captain of the stydia ship."

"you're a dork." allison snorted, rolling her eyes.

"yeah, but i'm your dork." aurora shot back, looking at her girlfriend.

"rora, your eyes." the huntress said.

"what about them?" aurora questioned, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked between the two girls.

"they're starting to glow pink." lydia quickly answered.

aurora looked to her girlfriend in a panic, not knowing what to do. she tried blinking a few times, but they didn't change back.

"rora, stop it." allison told her.

"i can't - i can't control it." aurora whispered. "oh, god, the halls are getting more crowded."

"okay, here. stuff your head into my locker." allison said moving out of the way.

aurora did as told, trying to calm herself down. she then felt her claws grow along with her canines. why couldn't she control it? was this another side effect? she then remembered what derek had said. how pain helps you control your abilities.

"lydia, slam the door." she told the martin girl, her voice almost as low as a growl.

"what?" allison and lydia asked in unison.

"just slam the locker door." aurora repeated, taking her head out of allison's locker as she placed her hand inside.

"rori." lydia said.

"hurry up and do it! i don't know what's gonna happen if you don't." the hastings girl rushed.

lydia grabbed allison's locker door and slammed the door shut, hard. aurora let out a whimper as she felt her hand crack under the pressure of the metal door. but it had worked, she had started to shift back to her human form. she slowly took her hand out of the door, feeling herself shake from the pain. she looked down at it, seeing the misplace bones as it started to heal.

"pain makes you human." she mumbled as she looked between allison and lydia.

"rora, i don't think that it's just in your head. it's real." allison said.

the teen wolf slowly closed her hand once it was done healing, looking back up at her girlfriend. "yeah. yeah, you're right. it's getting bad. my nightmares. . . they feel so real. and it's like i'm having multiple inside of one. i had to scream myself awake this morning."

allison and lydia looked at one another in concern.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

"okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" scott questioned.

"and is unable to tell what's real or not?" stiles continued.

"and is seeing this demon, hell like version of their mother?" aurora finished, looking down at her notebook.

"they're all locked up because they're insane." isaac quickly answered.

"oh, you're so funny." aurora deadpanned, giving him a bored look.

"can you at least try to be helpful, please?" stiles asked.

"for half my childhood, i was locked in a freezer. so, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me." isaac reasoned, making aurora shake her head.

"hey, dude, are you still milking that?" stiles questioned.

"yeah, maybe i am still milking that." isaac answered.

"hi." an unfamiliar voice greeted, making everyone turn to said voice.

aurora raised her eyebrows at the sight of a korean girl, not recognizing her. she must be new. aurora then turned to look at scott, seeing that he basically had hearts in his eyes.

"hi, sorry. i couldn't help overhearing what you guys were talking about." the girl continued, everyone still looking at her. "and i think i actually might know what you're talking about. there's a tibetan word for it. it's called 'bardo.' it literally means 'in between state.' the state between life and death." she explained.

"and what do they call you?" lydia asked, making aurora nudge her slightly.

"kira." scott answered, aurora smiling at him. "she's in our history class."

"so are you talking bardo in tibetan buddhism or indian?" lydia questioned.

kira sat down besides stiles, shrugging. "either, i guess. but all the stuff you guys were just saying? all that happens in bardo. there are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. some you see, some you just hear. and you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"wrathful deities? and what are those?" isaac quizzed.

"like demons." kira answered.

"demons. why not?" stiles asked sarcastically.

"if - if there are progressive states, then what's the last one?" aurora questioned.

"death. you die." kira said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"i - i definitely regret asking that." aurora mumbled, looking at her two best friends.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

aurora, stiles, and scott was at the animal clinic, telling deaton everything that's been going on with them. he had to be the only person that knew what was going on with them. if we were ranking who had been going through the most stuff, it would be stiles, then aurora, then scott.

"it sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you." deaton said as he walked to the back room, the three teens following him.

"well, how do i tell my subconscious to use a language that i actually know?" stiles questioned.

"do you remember what the sign language looked like?" deaton asked him, referring to what he had dreamt about during school. "the placement and the movement of the hands?"

"you know sign language?" scott and aurora asked in unison, making the two werewolves look at each other weirdly before turning back to their boss.

"i know a little." deaton answered, completely used to the two teens doing that. "let me give it a shot."

"okay, the first one was like this." stiles started, recreating what he had seen.

"that's 'when.'" deaton informed.

"then there was this, twice." stiles continued.

"that's door."

"and this in between."

"that's it?" deaton asked, the stilinski boy nodding. "'when is a door not a door?'"

"'when is a door not a door?'" stiles repeated.

"when it's ajar." aurora mumbled, making everyone turn to look at her. "i - max is really into riddles."

"you're kidding me. a riddle? my subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?" stiles quizzed.

"not necessarily. when the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from the unconsciousness to a kind of superconsciousness. . . you essentially opened a door in your minds." deaton explained.

"so what does that mean? the doors still opened?" scott quizzed.

"ajar." aurora answered.

"exactly." deaton nodded.

"a door into our minds?" stiles questioned.

"i did tell you it was risky." deaton said.

"what do we do about it?" scott asked.

"well, that's difficult to answer." the veterinarian answered.

"oh, no, wait a second, i know that look. that's the 'we know exactly what's wrong with you, but we have no idea how to fix it' look." stiles said.

"one thing i do know is that having an opening like that into your mind, it's not good. you each need to close that door. and you need to do it as soon as possible." deaton told the three teens.

"well, that's terrifying." aurora mumbled, stuffing her hands into her pockets.

"thanks, deaton." scott said.

"anytime."

with that, the trio walked outside, stiles' dad pulling up in front of them.

"dad, what are you doing here?" stiles asked as noah climbed out his car.

"i'm here because i could use some help." noah answered before he pointed to the two werewolves. "actually, you guys' help."

"why us?" aurora asked.

"because eight years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. one of the bodies, a young girl named malia, was never found. there's enough evidence to have me thinking that. . . that a werewolf could have caused the accident, and then dragged her body away." noah explained. "if either of you could somehow get a lock on her scent, if you two could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue."

"but what if it was a werewolf?" stiles questioned.

"well, there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. someone who still needs to be caught." noah answered.

"when do you wanna do it?" aurora asked.

"tomorrow." noah said.

"okay." the three teens nodded.

with that, he climbed back into his car as aurora, scott, and stiles climbed into roscoe. they pulled off, heading towards aurora's house since she was the closest. as they pulled up, she saw her and max's car in the driveway. she had let isaac drive her car home since she had to go to the animal clinic with the boys.

"who's car is that?" scott asked, looking between the two front seats.

this made aurora face forward, seeing the same car from yesterday morning parked in front of them. her mood immediately goes down, glaring at the car.

"what's wrong? who's car is that, rori?" stiles quizzed, noticing her mood change.

"it's my dad's." she grumbled.

"whoa!" stiles exclaimed. "that asshat is back?"

"what? is it that time in our lives when fathers are supposed to come back?" scott quizzed. "you want us to come in with you?"

"no. i already know that max and isaac gave him hell." aurora answered, sucking in a breath. "i'll be fine. both of you get home safe, please."

"okay." the boys mumbled as she climbed out of the car.

aurora walked towards the door, purposely not using her super hearing to hear what's going on inside. she continued to walk to the door, opening it to see that max had just pulled isaac off of andrew, who was standing a few feet away with blood seeping from his nose. aurora couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face.

once she had closed the door, the three males turned to her with angered looks on their faces.

"rori." max started, pulling isaac along with him. "i - i thought you was at the animal clinic, working a shift."

"no, we were just getting some info from deaton." aurora informed, her eyes turning into a hard glare as they shifted over to her father. "what are you doing here?"

"rori, i -" andrew started, wiping his nose.

"aurora." she quickly corrected.

andrew released a sigh. "aurora, i know i haven't been the best father -"

"not answering my question." aurora interrupted again. "what are you doing here? why are you here? because i sure hope it's not to make amends with me."

"you need your dad in your life." andrew said, getting frustrated.

"needed. past tense." aurora corrected, she then pointed over to max. "and, uh, i have one. he may not be the actual one, but he raised me, and cared for me, and took me in when mom died. unlike you."

"i know that i hurt you, and i know that you're angry with me, but if you just give me a chance to explain myself." andrew tried.

"do you know how hurt i was when i saw you leave? do you know how much that affects a little girl? seeing the man that was supposed to be her hero pack his shit and walk out the door, not even sparing a look at us." aurora began, her vision blurring as tears began to fill her eyes. "i went to daddy-daughter dances and watched all of the girls dance with their fathers while i stood in the corner. i had to listen to all of the fun and fantastic stories of all of their dads building them treehouses, or teaching them how to ride a bike, or even just taking them shopping. and at first, i thought that it was something that i've done, so i made sure that i was good in all of my class. made sure i participated, that i got good grades, that i didn't get into any fights. but you never came back. you never reached out."

"aurora." andrew tried.

"and then when mom died, when they reached out to you so that you can take me in, you told them that you didn't want me? you couldn't look at me?" the hastings girl continued, some tears trailing down her cheeks. "you - you didn't even come to her damn funeral. you didn't even reach out to either of us. you just stayed silent. and now, you wanna fulfill your roll as my dad? you can't fucking do that! not after all of these years! after almost 9 years, you can't just try to waltz back in here. because it's not gonna work. you missed your chance on being my dad, cause i have one. and he's right here." aurora finished, wiping her tears as she pointed towards max.

andrew didn't say anything for a few seconds, processing everything that aurora had just said. he knew that she was right, he knew that she wouldn't forgive him that easily. but all he could do was stand there in silence.

"you should go." max told him sternly.

the cameron man was gonna object, but he saw that isaac was glaring at him. the lahey boy even started to growl, aurora having to put her hand on his arm to calm him down.

without another word, andrew walked to the door and left. aurora waited until she could no longer hear his car before she released a breath. she groaned slightly, running her fingers through her hair. she turned towards max and isaac, seeing that the both of them were just as heated as she was.

"so, you punched him?" she asked isaac, a small smile appearing on her lips.

"well, he just barged in here and wanted us to let him wait for you -" isaac started to explain.

"it's okay, i. thank you. he deserved it." aurora quickly told him, seeing that he was starting to panic. "max, you should've let him do some more damage."

"i wouldve, but one; andrew is another stupid fbi agent with mccall, remember? and two; isaac probably would've killed him." max listed.

"yeah, i would've." isaac confirmed, nodding his head.

aurora let out a chuckle, shaking her head at the taller boy.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

aurora, scott, and stiles was currently finding a way into the tate household. sheriff stilinski was gonna distract mr.tate while the two werewolves tried to find something with malia's scent on it. they had found a back door that led into a bedroom, the trio praying that it was malia's. stiles slowly opened the door, the hinges creaking made him freeze in place.

"oh, my god." aurora whispered as she watched stiles continue to open the door, the door creaking even louder.

the freckled boy then quickly opened the door, the other two teens following behind him before he closed the door. he then when over to the bed, picking up the stuffed animals and handing them to aurora and scott. the both of them started to sniff it, but the scent of dog filled their noses instead of a girl.

"all i'm getting is some animal smell." scott spoke, aurora nodding in agreement.

"what kind of animal?" stiles asked.

aurora opened her mouth to respond, but her eyes quickly shifted over to a rottweiler a few feet away from them. "dog." she said, pointing over to said animal.

this made stiles and scott follow her gaze, the dog starting to snarl at them. the three teens made sure not to move a muscle, not wanting to give the dog a reason to attack. aurora slowly looked over to stiles, watching as he shoved a toy horse into his jacket.

"hi, puppy." he greeted in a hushed tone. "someone get rid of it."

"did you just put a toy horse into your jacket?" aurora questioned, her eyebrows knitted together.

"that's what you're worried about? seriously?" stiles quizzed, making the hastings girl shrug. "one of you get rid of him."

"who?" scott asked.

"doesn't matter. glow your eyes at it, something, be the alpha. . . or the hybrid between an alpha and a gamma. the - the galpha." stiles suggested.

"ew." aurora mumbled.

"we can't. we don't have control." scott told him.

"okay, guys, you're going to have to try something." stiles whispered.

"i'm not getting bit." aurora mumbled, stepping back.

scott rolled his eyes before he stepped forward, holding his hand out in front of him. "nice doggy."

"seriously?" aurora asked.

the rottweiler then started barking at the trio, making them jump back a the sudden noise. they back into the door as the dog continued to bark, praying that mr.tate wouldn't come and see what he was barking at.

"apollo!" they heard him yell from somewhere in the house. "apollo, shut up! shut the hell up!"

and just like that, apollo stopped barking. he then let our a few whines as he stared at the trio before he turned around and walked out of the room.

"i like the name 'apollo.'" aurora said, smiling slightly as she gently placed the stuffed animal in her hands back on the bed.

stiles continued to search the room, picking up a book and handing it to scott. the mccall boy took it, not even bothering to sniff it as he looked over at aurora.

"anything?" stiles asked.

"all i'm getting is that dog." scott answered.

"and that's all we're gonna keep getting, stiles." aurora added as she walked back over to them.

she saw that stiles and scott was looking at a picture of two girls, one of them having to be malia. stiles quickly took out his phone and snapped a picture.

"why'd you do that?" aurora asked.

"i don't know. maybe it'll help." stiles answered, shrugging. "i guess we should get going and wait for my dad."

"sorry, bud." aurora apologized as they left the room.

they quickly made their way back to stiles' jeep, driving away and going to the road the led to the tate residence. they patiently waited for noah to pull up beside them so that they could talk to him. aurora's mind wandered to her father, wondering why he was here. was it the same reason that rafael was here? was he assigned to beacon hills because of his job?

"rori." scott called, snapping her out of her thoughts.

aurora looked at him with raised eyebrows, seeing that he was outside, holding the door open. she climbed out of the jeep and walked around it to see that noah was parked in front of them. stiles gave her a look, asking if she was okay, to which she nodded.

"i'm sorry. we tried as hard as we could." scott apologized.

"if it wasn't so long ago, maybe we would've picked up on something." aurora added.

"it's okay. it was a long shot." noah assured. "in fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. i think i just ripped a wound open in that poor man. i never should have brought you guys here. i don't know what i was thinking. thanks for trying, all right?"

"of course." aurora smiled.

they watched as noah climbed back into the sheriff's car, mumbling a "see you at home" to stiles before he drove off. the trio watched the car fade away before doing anything.

"aren't there a lot of cases that go unsolved?" scott asked stiles.

"yeah, i just think this is one he felt like he could've figured out right now." stiles answered.

"why is it so important now?" aurora questioned.

"he wants to be able to solve one more while he's still sheriff." stiles informed, turning to look at his two best friends.

"what do you mean 'still sheriff?'" scott asked.

"is he gonna get fired, stiles?" aurora added, eyebrows knitted together. "who - who's firing him?"

stiles looked between the two of them, not wanting to answer. but he saw the way both werewolves were looking at him, making him sigh. "the fbi." he mumbled.

"specific." aurora said sternly, already knowing who.

"your fathers." stiles answered.

scott and aurora looked at each other, anger quickly filling their veins.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

upon her arrival at home, she was happy to see that andrew was once again in her house. she stormed inside, seeing max holding isaac back once again. she slammed the door shut and marched right over to her father, max immediately stepping in front of her.

"what are you doing?" he whispered to her, seeing the look on her face.

"how could you?" aurora asked, looking around max to her father. "you haven't even been here a fucking week, and you're already trying to get noah fired?"

"what?" both isaac and max asked in unison, turning to look at andrew.

"i'm not getting him fired.  mccall and i are conducting a case for impeachment." andrew corrected, putting his hands on his hips.

"that's the same shit as getting him fired!" aurora yelled at him, trying to get to him but max quickly held her back. "how could you do that to him? how could you do that to stiles?"

"like you said, i haven't even been here a week, rori. mccall is doing it, i'm just helping." andrew reasoned.

"it's aurora, and your job fucking sucks."

"yeah, in most cases it is. but the amount of cases that haven't been solved in this town, is what's gonna get him fired. i'm just here to collect the information that supports that. it's the job that i was given." the agent said.

"yeah, your job does suck." max told him.

the hastings man felt aurora start to breathe heavily in his arms, making him turn to look at her. he saw that her eyes was starting to glow their new pink color. he quickly looked over to isaac, gesturing for him to distract andrew while he tried to calm aurora down. the lahey boy nodded as he walked over to the older man. max pulled aurora upstairs, seeing that her canines and claws were staring to grow.

"rori, you gotta calm down." he told her.

"i'm trying." she breathed out. "i - i can't control it."

"you - you told me that you, scott, and stiles learned a way to control this. it was the same way that your mother controlled it. find your anchor, rori." max said.

aurora nodded, closing her eyes as she thought about allison. she thought about allison's smile, allison's laugh. the way allison spoke french so easily. she thought about how how allison looked when she shot her arrows. about how the argent girl would hold her when they were laying in bed together. about how smart and amazing allison was. about how much she loved allison. 

i love allison.

the hastings girl opened her eyes and looked at max, hoping that it had worked.

"there you go, kiddo." max nodded, putting his hands on her shoulders and rubbing them. "there ya go."

aurora released a breath as she brought her hands up to her face. "this whole not being able to control my abilities is getting on my nerves." she mumbled.

"i know." the older hastings said.

before either them could speak, they heard a loud thud come from downstairs. max released a groan while aurora chuckled, the both of them knowing that isaac had probably done something.

"why do you keep aiming for my fucking nose?!" andrew yelled in pain.

aurora started to laugh, feeling extremely proud of the lahey boy.

"isaac!" max yelled in a fatherly tone.

"sorry!" isaac yelled back.

"no! no, don't be sorry! way to go i!" aurora yelled, making max glare at her. "actually, can you - can you kick him in the balls please?!"

"no! do not kick me in the balls!" andrew commanded.

"isaac, please do not kick asswipe in the balls! he's a fricking fbi agent!" max yelled.

"yes, sir!" isaac promised.

"do not tell that boy to kick anyone in the balls cause he will actually do it." max told aurora.

"i know." the hastings girl smiled.

➶︎ ☠︎ 𓃦 ☠︎ ➶︎

hey y'all. i know it's been a few days but i've been extremely tired. but anyways i hope u enjoyed this chapter. it's all over the place but that's what makes it good :)

Czytaj Dalej

To TeΕΌ Polubisz

162K 7.3K 31
BOOK 3/7 Thantophobia [than-tuh-foh-bee-uh] (n.) the phobia of losing someone you love. Everyone's afraid of something. For example, fear of bugs, he...
14.7K 643 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
319K 8.5K 34
β€’ Book 1 Life took an unexpected turn [Season 1 & 2 of MTV's hit show Teen Wolf] Disclaimers: β€’ English is not my first language and this is my fi...
89.1K 2.2K 28
"Stop moving you idiot" I exclaimed loudly "i'm trying to get the tone right and you're screwing up the shadows!" ----- Freya didn't care about b...