Dark Magic

נכתב על ידי ReMiSh0410

*Draco Malfoy/OC Fanfiction October 31 1981. The day Voldemort was destroyed by the love a mother held for he... עוד

A Night of Death
Wool's
Diagon Alley
Magic
The Express Train
Hogwarts
Brother
Day 1
Day 1 - Part 2
The Chamber of Secrets
Snape
An Accident
Practise = Problems
Dumbledore's Office
Birthday Games
Out of Line
Parseltongue
Myrtle
Truth
The Diary
The Entrance
Home for Christmas
Severus
Damaged
Tom Riddle
Armageddon
Family Ties
Famous Last Words
Opening The Chamber
Ginny
Fighting the Basilisk
Dumbledore
Home
Summer
Family
Dinner Disaster
The Knight Bus
Changes in the Wind...
A Prisoner At Large
Lupin
An Old Friend
Catching Up...
The Grim
Professor Hagrid
Training Thoughts
Werewolf
Fear
Patronus
Cat's Eyes
The Whomping Willow Tree
Castle Lockdown
Snape Teaching DADA
Gryffindor Vs Hufflepuff
Awake
Grim Defeat
The Marauder's Map
Hogsmeade
Buckbeak's Defence
Second Christmas Home
Ghost of Christmas Past
Real Ghosts
The Worst Memory
Flight
Blackouts
Especially Gifted
Family Ties
Buckbeak's Sentence and Peter Pettigrew
The Marauder's
Prophecies
Revelations
Innocent
Full Moon
Guilt
The Final Feast
Home Time
Unchangeable
Grimmauld Place
Friends and Monsters
Visiting...
Harry's 14th Birthday
A Hard Truth
The Dream
The Quidditch World Cup
The Aftermath
"Goodbye, for now."
The Potion's Master
A Rather Backwards Teaching Method
Unforgivable
The Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter.
Emerald's Task
Loneliness
Trust
Fire-Breather
The Golden Egg
A Dance...
Dates. Dates. Dates.
The Yule Ball
Torture
Quiet.
Update
Little Talks
Submerged
The Second Task
An Ominous Note
Death Would Be More Quiet...
A Deal with the Devil
Home Had Never Felt Colder
Nescience
Cruciamentum
Fleeting Moments of Happiness...
In An Ocean of Darkness.
Resolutions
The Prelude
Salvation
Memorial
Tea
A Small Bookshop
Expelled
"Breathe."
Insomnia
Assimilate
Acceptance
Dolores Umbridge.
Draco Bloody Malfoy
Deja Vu
A Less Lonely World
Truth, Lies and a Little Adventure...
Lost and Found
Detention

Twelve Years

1.6K 51 4
נכתב על ידי ReMiSh0410

My twelfth birthday fell on a Sunday in 1993. I had been struggling for the entire month to conjure a Patronus,  to Professor Snape's complete amusement. So, we had began to focus on other defensive spells, hoping to come back to it later in the year.

I found myself woken up, the morning of my birthday, by none other than Pansy Parkinson; too early for comfort. The excitement radiated from her as she and a few other girls in Slytherin dragged me down and into the common room. 

To my surprise, there were far more presents sent to me, that year; many were from other Slytherin students. Pansy had bought me some makeup, insisting I let her put some on for my special day. Draco decided to gift me some books, so that I could start getting ahead for fourth year.

The Quidditch team bought me a broom maintenance kit, so that I didn't have to go all the way down to the pitch to replenish my broom each time it received a little scuff or dent. I even received a present from Ron; a jumper his mum had knitted. It was black, with the letter 'E' knitted with green wool to match my house colours. The other Slytherin's did not approve, with the Weasley family being 'blood traitors' in their eyes.

Harry had bought me the silver bracelet with my birthday engraved, identical to the one I had given him for his own birthday. As the rest of the class began to disperse, however, there was one gift remaining. Nobody owned up to it; wrapped in black with a familiar, silky bow to match. I recognised the handwriting immediately. 

'You are only limited by your emotions, not your abilities. Try this.'

I pouted, opening the small box and taking a potion bottle from inside, filled with a clear liquid. I hadn't seen a potion like this before; it wasn't in any of the third or fourth year potion books; it must be pretty advanced.

Dressing for the day in one of McGonagall's choices, I allowed Pansy to style my hair and makeup for the day. She got a little excited with the green, but I thought it looked pretty. It was strange, I hadn't seen myself as a pretty girl before. My face was slightly less full than the year before; my features becoming a little more defining. And I had started to wear a bra. With great unease, I had to admit to myself that I was starting to grow up; I would be a teenager the next year, after all.

We then made our way down for breakfast; I opted for a full English for a change, helping myself to eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, beans and hash browns. And for one day only, Slytherin allowed the Gryffindor's to join our table; I sat in between Harry and Ron as Draco remained opposite us, holding back a glare the entire time. It was funny, I found myself taking pleasure in their distaste towards one another.

Once breakfast had finished I decided, rather spontaneously, that I wanted to go down to Professor Snape's classroom. Taking the vial from my pocket, I knew he had bought/made for me for my birthday, I took a long swig and downed the clear liquid. A warmth sparked in my chest, as I found myself feeling unequivocally positive. I knocked on the door thrice.

"Enter."

The door opened with a light push, as I stepped inside and made my way to his desk in the front. At the sound of my footsteps, his eyes grew distracted from the papers on his table. It had been too long since my last visit to his classroom outside of lessons. 

"Miss Potter? Is there something you want?" His voice was hoarse and abrupt. Nodding, I took a seat opposite him, meeting his eye level. "I wanted to apologise-...For reading your mind; it was rude and I shouldn't have done it."

He scoffed at my remark, nodding and averting his attention back to marking his papers. "Hm. It was extremely rude and invasive of you." His sternness faltered, a look of sympathy emitting from him as he continued to speak. "But, there is no need for you to apologise, my dear. I already forgave you...I just needed to process it all."

An almost sigh of relief emitted from me, "Thank you, Sir. And thank you for my gift."

His gaze looked confused, yet a small twinkle in his eye gave me the impression he knew exactly what I meant. "I'm not sure what you're talking about, Miss Potter."

I nodded, deciding to let it go and keep his anonymity as nothing more than a comedic secret we could share. "Well, I'm going to the Room of Requirement for a bit." Huffing, I got up from my chair and made my way towards the door. "But, we only had your last session yesterday?" Snape called out confusedly.

Smirking, I turned briskly to face him, continuing to back up towards the classroom door. "I know. I've just got a good feeling about today." I chirped, exiting and closing the door behind me. Beginning to stalk down the dungeons and in the direction of the stairs, I heard a door slam shut. Turning in the direction of the noise, a wide grin spread across my lips as Professor Snape sauntered towards me, following closely behind.

"You truly believe that I am going to miss this?" The man scoffed, joining my side as we continued with our path together, towards the seventh floor...

***

"Focus, Miss Potter. Think of the happiest memory you have and allow it to overwhelm you..."

I took a deep breath at Snape's instructions, nodding and closing my eyes; I envisioned the day I first met Harry in Snape's office. The first moment my sibling held me in his arms as Snape watched me over my brother's shoulder.

"I've got one."

"Good. Now, begin by allowing your wrist to relax, drawing a circular motion with your wand."

I continued to picture the moment in my mind, doing as the Potion's Master said. I could feel something beginning to brew within me. 

"When the feeling inside you grows, speak the words 'Expecto Patronum'."

"Expecto Patronum!" I called out, opening my eyes as a small, blue light emitted from my wand; not even a fraction of the size of Snape's Doe. Succumbing to frustration and disappointment, I glared where the blue light had appeared and dimmed in mere moments.

"Well, that was disappointing." Snape commented from beside me, only causing my anger to grow. "I am trying, Professor."

"Not hard enough, clearly. What memory did you think of?" He questioned.

"The day I met Harry for the first time." I sighed, causing him to force away a scoff. "That's not nearly strong enough. You need something raw...Something-...Something passionate!" The man spoke strongly, beginning to pace back and forth in the room. "Again!" He commanded.

I took a deeper breath, scratching the back of my head and shutting my eyes once more. I envisioned the first night I learnt how to fly a broom under Snape's instructions. His pride at how well I did so; the feeling of soaring high above the clouds as I looked over the school...

"Expecto Patronum!" I conjured, opening my eyes as a similar sized ball of light emitted; only slightly stronger than before. My frustration grew at Snape's words. "Memory; go!"

"The first time I rode a broom." I answered, causing him to chuckle once again. "Not strong enough; again, Miss Potter!"

Closing my eyes, I forced my mind to clear for a moment entirely. What was the happiest memory I had? Growing up in an Orphanage made slim pickings for good life moments. Hogwarts, however, was something different entirely...It was the place I had come to call home; surrounded by people that cared for me and believed in me. I had never met a person that believed in me more than Professor Snape. The fact that he was part of each of these happy memories was no coincidence, I realised. He saw something in me that nobody else did; not even my own sibling...

And so, I took myself back to the most emotionally-charged day of my entire life; the morning after the defeat of the Basilisk in Dumbledore's office. After the headmaster had left; when Snape entered his office and his façade dropped entirely; he fled towards me, relieved at my survival of the night's previous events; the smell of his cloak; the feeling of his chest rising at an unbelievable pace; the safety and warmth I felt in his arms that was so different to the harsh, rude and dislikeable Potion's Master the other student's described...

"Expecto Patronum!" The light radiated from my wand before I even had a chance to open my eyes; the sensational rush of happiness, comfort and warmth radiating throughout my entire body and into the room around me. Brighter than any light I had seen in my life, it began to take shape; a beautiful, white Dove soared high towards the ceiling. Sparks of white and blue followed it's perfect silhouette as it lit even the darkest crevices in the Room of Requirement. 

I watched Snape as his eyes marvelled at the beautiful Dove; a small shimmer glazing over his black eyes that, in the moment, appeared a lighter coat of grey and filled with life and joy. They separated from the bird and onto my own, as it continued to flutter gracefully about the room like star light.

"Memory?" He asked simply, his monotonous voice breaking for a slither of a moment.

I forced away the urge to bite the side of my lip, averting my gaze to the floor nervously, "The first time I laid eyes on Hogwarts...My home." And to my disbelief, the wise Professor believed me; his smile faltering momentarily. Had I said something wrong? "Very good, Miss Potter. Very good, indeed."

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

449K 16K 103
"He's back!" Harry cries. "Voldemort's back and he killed Cedric!" Malory's eyes grow big after the words come out of Harry's mouth. The pain sl...
49.9K 1K 43
Elora Mentynn is not the typical witch that you know. For her whole life she was underestimated and betrayed. Her life has always been hard. She was...
1K 22 30
Set two years into his professorship at Hogwarts. BEFORE lilys death. Severus snape is still a dedicated death eater- spying for lord Voldemort. > Ol...
23.5K 346 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...