Dark Magic

By ReMiSh0410

*Draco Malfoy/OC Fanfiction October 31 1981. The day Voldemort was destroyed by the love a mother held for he... More

A Night of Death
Wool's
Diagon Alley
Magic
The Express Train
Hogwarts
Brother
Day 1
Day 1 - Part 2
The Chamber of Secrets
Snape
An Accident
Practise = Problems
Dumbledore's Office
Birthday Games
Out of Line
Parseltongue
Myrtle
Truth
The Diary
The Entrance
Home for Christmas
Severus
Damaged
Tom Riddle
Armageddon
Family Ties
Famous Last Words
Opening The Chamber
Ginny
Fighting the Basilisk
Home
Summer
Family
Dinner Disaster
The Knight Bus
Changes in the Wind...
A Prisoner At Large
Lupin
An Old Friend
Catching Up...
The Grim
Professor Hagrid
Training Thoughts
Werewolf
Fear
Patronus
Cat's Eyes
The Whomping Willow Tree
Twelve Years
Castle Lockdown
Snape Teaching DADA
Gryffindor Vs Hufflepuff
Awake
Grim Defeat
The Marauder's Map
Hogsmeade
Buckbeak's Defence
Second Christmas Home
Ghost of Christmas Past
Real Ghosts
The Worst Memory
Flight
Blackouts
Especially Gifted
Family Ties
Buckbeak's Sentence and Peter Pettigrew
The Marauder's
Prophecies
Revelations
Innocent
Full Moon
Guilt
The Final Feast
Home Time
Unchangeable
Grimmauld Place
Friends and Monsters
Visiting...
Harry's 14th Birthday
A Hard Truth
The Dream
The Quidditch World Cup
The Aftermath
"Goodbye, for now."
The Potion's Master
A Rather Backwards Teaching Method
Unforgivable
The Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter.
Emerald's Task
Loneliness
Trust
Fire-Breather
The Golden Egg
A Dance...
Dates. Dates. Dates.
The Yule Ball
Torture
Quiet.
Update
Little Talks
Submerged
The Second Task
An Ominous Note
Death Would Be More Quiet...
A Deal with the Devil
Home Had Never Felt Colder
Nescience
Cruciamentum
Fleeting Moments of Happiness...
In An Ocean of Darkness.
Resolutions
The Prelude
Salvation
Memorial
Tea
A Small Bookshop
Expelled
"Breathe."
Insomnia
Assimilate
Acceptance
Dolores Umbridge.
Draco Bloody Malfoy
Deja Vu
A Less Lonely World
Truth, Lies and a Little Adventure...
Lost and Found
Detention

Dumbledore

2.3K 71 5
By ReMiSh0410

I stood in the corner of Dumbledore's office, leaning against one of the pillars as I watched the great Sorcerer chastise my brother and Ron. By the time we made it out of the Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore was waiting for us; his Phoenix having notified him of our whereabouts. He had returned from wherever the Minister of Magic and Lucius Malfoy had escorted him, after hearing the news of our escapade.

And morning had began to dawn during our battle against the Basilisk. The rest of the school would still be sleeping.

"The three of you realise, of course, that in the past few hours you have broken, perhaps, a dozen school rules. You completely disregarded the curfew set by your head of house's, deciding to leave your common rooms after hours; you went into the Chamber, alone and inexperienced," His gaze averted from my brothers, and now onto me.

"And you, my dear, performed a spell well out of your year group on a teacher, who has now had to be taken to St Mungo's hospital." I had heard that Professor Dumbledore was one of the calmest professors Hogwarts had ever seen. But in that moment, I knew he was the closest he could ever grow to shouting at the three of us. 

I averted my gaze from his azure, blue eyes and towards the floor in his office. "I'm sorry, Professor Dumbledore." I spoke simply, feeling as though I could burst into tears at any given moment.

"Sorry?" The Professor paused for a moment, as my eyes met his confusedly. A small smile made its way through his lips. He leaned forth in his desk "Miss Potter, you, your brother and Mr Weasley have demonstrated traits far beyond those of any student or Professor I have met in my years teaching at this school; You single-handedly exposed a fraud posing as a famous wizard and, as I said before, demonstrated skills well beyond the first year's curriculum. Not to mention, you and your brother also defeated the Basilisk that has been attacking the Muggleborn students and Ghosts around the school. Therefore, it is only fitting..."

The Professor trailed away, as I fought through the compliments he had given me and hoped for a punishment less than that of expulsion. His eyes twinkled, "That you all receive special rewards for your services to the school." The wise Professor smiled, causing each of us to exchange a look of disbelief. I stood up straight from the pillar, joining my brother and Ron's side at his desk. 

"Thanks sir." Ron sighed, relieved at the outcome. We all let out a small laugh in disbelief, watching him rise from his chair and hand a scroll over to Ron. "And now, Mr Weasley, if you will have an owl deliver these release papers to Azkaban...I believe we want our Gamekeeper back." Ron accepted his instructions, running from the office as quickly as his legs could possibly carry him.

My heart melted a little at the thought of Hagrid returning to the school. I could only hope that Azkaban prison hadn't treated him too unkindly. Only Harry, myself and Professor Dumbledore remained. 

"First, I want to thank you, Harry." Dumbledore's eyes met my brother's. "You must have shown great loyalty to me, in the Chamber, in order for Fawkes to come to you." He motioned towards his Phoenix, petting it lightly on the head. I glanced at my brother, noticing his mind had travelled elsewhere. 

Dumbledore stepped towards us both, but his eyes did not leave Harry's. "Secondly, I sense that something is troubling you. Am I right, Harry?" He questioned further. My brother began to chew the side of his lip, and I found myself now understanding what Snape had meant; we truly were both bad liars, evidently, taking after our mother.

"It's just that...You see Sir, I couldn't help but notice certain things, certain-..-certain similarities between...Tom Riddle and us." He exchanged a short glance with me, before his gaze averted back to the Professor. 

He nodded, "I see...Well, you can both speak Parseltongue, why? Because Lord Voldemort can speak Parseltongue. If I am not mistaken, Harry, he transferred some of his powers over to the two of you, on the very night you were born," He looked at me, and then back to Harry, ",and the night he gave you that scar." He pointed towards the lightening bolt-shaped scar that sat in the centre of my brother's forehead.

"Not intentionally, I might add. For Voldemort did not even know of your sister's existence until Tom Riddle met her in the Chamber of Secrets." He took a seat at his desk, as I felt worried at what the prospect of Voldemort knowing I was now alive would mean for me and Harry.

"So the sorting hat was right? Me and Emerald were both supposed to be in Slytherin." Harry stated, as I recalled the both of us querying our house sorting at the beginning of the year. Dumbledore nodded, "It's true, Harry. You both possess many of the qualities that Voldemort, himself, prizes; determination, resourcefulness-and, if I may say so, a certain disregard for the rules." He raised an eyebrow, seemingly unimpressed. 

"Why, then, did the sorting hat place you in Gryffindor...And your sister in Slytherin?" He motioned towards the hat, now sitting on his desk, motionless.

Harry glanced over at the hat, "Because I asked it to." 

The Professor nodded, "Exactly, Harry! Exactly, which makes you different from Voldemort. And your sister, when she questioned whether or not she had been sorted into the right house; For it is not our abilities that show what we truly are...But it is our choices." He looked towards the sword, which sat on his desk, still stained with the blood of the Basilisk.

Dumbledore took hold of it, outstretching it towards us. I accepted the handle, examining the sword as the engraving of a name, Godric Gryffindor, was inscribed into the metal blade. "Emerald, the sword of Gryffindor came to you when you most needed it...And yet, you are not a Gryffindor student...Why is that?" I shrugged, handing the sword to my brother.

My eyes met Dumbledore's once more, as a smile appeared through his lips, "Because you wanted to wield the sword for good reason...Not to ensure that Hogwarts stayed open or to prove yourself...But because you wanted to save your brother's and Ginny Weasley's life. And that power of love, is the greatest magic in the entire world."

I smiled at his statement, watching as Harry placed the sword back onto the desk.

"Now, Harry, if you will give your sister and I a moment alone..." Dumbledore trailed away, watching as my brother nodded and left the room shortly. Now, only myself and Dumbledore remained. His glance turned serious, momentarily.

"Now, what to do with you..." His eyebrows raised, as I felt fearful once more, at the possibility of my future in the school. "Sir?" I spoke confusedly.

The wise man sighed, "Well, now that Voldemort is aware of your existence...It puts you in great danger."

I found myself even more concerned with his statement, "I'm afraid I don't understand, Professor. Why would Voldemort care about me?"

Dumbledore's gaze averted to the floor solemnly, "On the night your mother died, a protection was cast over your brother, preventing Voldemort from ever placing a hand on him. Thus, the reason why Harry was able to overcome Voldemort in his first year-this was a protection of love. This was also the night you was born; saved before the killing curse reached you. However, you do not have the same protection as your brother. And I have decided that the orphanage will not be a safe place for which you can return to. The only other alternative is, of course....Hogwarts."

My eyes widened out of disbelief, before the doors to the office barged open, nearly flying from their hinges as I jumped in my spot. I turned in the direction of the footsteps, as a Professor Snape paused in his path, his eyes meeting mine wide, and in disbelief. He looked as though he could have seen a ghost.

"Ah, Severus." Dumbledore spoke politely, beckoning the Potions professor to approach him. He nodded, covering his look of disbelief quickly to that of a motionless one, as he stood beside the Professor. His eyes, however, did not leave me for a single moment. 

"I believe, there is some additional news you wish to share with Miss Potter..." Professor Dumbledore gazed up at the Professor, who appeared as though he were in some sort of trance.

He nodded, shaking himself free from his thoughts, "Yes, indeed...Professor. We would like to commend your excellent grades in your classes, not to mention your flawless demonstrations in Potion making; and wish to move you up a grade in your second year." Severus Snape, glanced at Dumbledore quickly, to which he nodded in agreement.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "I'm sorry, what does that mean?" I spoke in disbelief, fearing I may have misheard them. Dumbledore clapped his hands together excitedly, "You will have some extra studying to do over the school holidays, but you will be joining your brother in the third year classes in the new term!" I gasped in disbelief at what I was hearing, an irrevocable smile beaming through my lips. 

"Thank you!" I tried not to explode, still feeling as though they were about to announce it to be a joke momentarily. They did not, however. Instead, Dumbledore rose from his chair, "I will give you a moment to discuss things further." He looked at me with a knowing look in his eyes, before leaving the room.

The moment the doors closed, Snape dropped his façade and flew towards me, pulling me into his arms. He let out a sigh of relief, as did I in his embrace. Breathing in that familiar scent of pine, parchment and white musk, I closed my eyes and latched onto that feeling of complete comfort.

After a few moments, he let go and looked me over, "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He fumbled, glancing  down towards my left trouser leg, which was still covered in blood. I chuckled, "I'm fine, Professor." And as soon as he knew I was alright, he turned infuriatedly to face me, "Are you completely insane!? You were almost killed? You would have been dead, had it not been for that insufferable bird!" He exploded, the Phoenix in the corner looking, seemingly, offended towards the Professor. 

I nodded, gulping nervously, "I'm sorry." 

He scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief as he waved his hands in the air, even more enraged. "Well then, I suppose that makes everything alright, Potter!" He spat venomously. His eyes narrowed, as he pointed his index finger towards me, "Never! Do anything like that again, or I will make sure you are straight on the first train back to the orphanage, do I make myself clear!?" He shouted.

I nodded, "Yes, Professor Snape." He let out a sigh of relief, that I had understood the seriousness of the events that had unfolded the night previous. The Potions master looked down on me, as though he were about to cry; that familiar look of sympathy crossing his gaze as he pulled me into his arms once more. I felt him press his head against mine, and almost thought, for a second, that he was taking in a deep breath of relief.

After a few moments, he released me from his embrace, to my dismay; and recomposed himself to his original, motionless and hard stare. "Right, now go and get yourself cleaned up. You have Potions first thing and killing a Basilisk is no excuse for lateness." 

I chuckled at his statement, watching his sternness falter for a moment as he cracked a smile; waving his hands for me to leave the room. "Alright. Thank you, Sev-" I cut myself short, knowing it was improper to call a teacher by their first name. "-Professor Snape." And with that, I made my way from the room. 

It was only as I ventured into the next hallway, however, that I found none other than Lucius Malfoy having a spat with my brother. A small and pale creature stood in between them both as it looked as though it was about to cry in joy. He held Tom Riddle's diary; a single sock inside. I recognized the creature it was, for I had read about them in a book on Magical creatures and beings; it was a House-Elf.

"Master has presented Dobby with clothes! Dobby is free!" The little being cried in relief. I watched my brother, as he lifted his trouser leg to show he was missing a sock. Malfoy lunged for him, infuriated. "You Lost Me My Servant!" He shrieked, but before he could get to my brother, the house elf shouted back at him. 

"You. Will. Not. Harm. Harry Potter!" He snapped his fingers, causing the man to be flown from his place and across the hallway, almost hitting the ceiling as he landed in front of me on the floor, winded. I smirked down at him, "I believe it is time you left, Mr Malfoy." I stepped over his body on the ground, joining my brother's side as we made our way back to our common rooms. 

To my complete surprise and disbelief, the entirety of the Slytherin house were waiting for me in the common room. They all began to clap triumphantly, pulling me into a crowded hug as they congratulated me on my achievement. I had assumed they would be angry with me; that I had destroyed the one creature that represented our house; but instead, they were relieved that the school was not going to close. Oh no! Hogwarts was going to be around for a very long time. And so was I...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 346 32
*COMPLETED* Aurora Snape, the daughter of Potions Professor, Severus Snape, goes to Hogwarts at 11 years old. During her time there she fall in love...
1.1K 73 11
Lily realizes one thing the 31st October of 1981: Dumbledore can't protect them. She decides she can't get rid of Voldemort herself and needs her fri...
50K 1K 43
Elora Mentynn is not the typical witch that you know. For her whole life she was underestimated and betrayed. Her life has always been hard. She was...
1.1K 30 17
You're Harry Potter's twin sister. Voldemort died when Lily and James killed him with Dumbledore by your side. What if Draco is sorted into Gryffindo...