Bright and Shiny - Grey's Ana...

By nilagang_hatdog

Different take on season 1 and the relationships. What if Meredith and Derek were married before she started... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chaoter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150

Chapter 73

255 6 0
By nilagang_hatdog

This was not how her day was supposed to go. She was all relaxed, happy and bouncy. She had slept for an entire night and did wifely things around the trailer. She had come in early and was still in her street clothes to watch her husband work in the OR. Like she did for years while she was just a regular high school girl, then college girl, then med-school girl.

Coming face to face with her mother the ice-queen was not on her list of things to do today. Groceries, surgery, post-op notes, snack, tell Derek they need another car. Those were things on her list, not her mother. Not her mother running into her while she was late, still dressed in her street clothes and just coming from watching her husband in surgery.

She loved her mother, she did. However, she loved her mother from afar on the other side of the country and not standing in front of her or anywhere near her. When ever her mother would come into New York to visit, they would have the obligatory dinner and that would be it. Like acquaintances who loved each other, but can't really exist around each other without snapping and fighting.

Derek's mom was her "mom." She made her chicken soup when she was sick, she called a couple times a week, she came over to drop off food during stressful exam times, she took Meredith's blouses home to fix the buttons. She was there loving and supporting her since Derek first brought her home. Never once judging the young underage teenage girl her med-school son had brought home.

Ellis was her mother, she provided Meredith with an education, all the money and credit cards she could ever want, a roof over her head. Only it was an empty roof. One void of that love Derek had growing up, but Meredith had it now and it made her feel sorry for her mother that she never will experience love like that.

Meredith's eyes glanced around still facing her mother, neither of them moving or going past their strained introductions. Meredith noticed that they had an audience, and of course it had to be Meredith's fellow interns who are currently gawking speechless at the scene unfolding in front of them as they have now realized that she is the Ellis Grey spawn intern of Seattle Grace.

"I hope your current attire doesn't mean your marital status is giving you perks compared to the other interns." Ellis coolly asked as she glanced at her daughters' sweater and too tight looking jeans while noticing all the other interns dressed in standard intern scrubs.

"Nice to see you too mother." Meredith responded in a similar cool tone.

"Don't be like that Meredith."

"We haven't seen you in three years. Since the last time you came to New York gracing us with your presence by ordering Derek and I to have dinner with you. Yet you waltz down the hall and choose not to say 'Hi Meredith, how have you been?' Instead you chastise me over my clothing?" Meredith hushly responded so the others couldn't hear her but Ellis could.

"I've been busy." Ellis noted while trying to stay stoic and professional in the public atmosphere they were in. Meredith knew what she was doing and just rolled her eyes.

Before their tense reunion could continue the Chief descended towards them seeing them face off by the nurses desk while Bailey and the other interns observed with interest.

"Dr. Shepherd, Dr. Grey." The Chief acknowledged them as he walked to stand next to them. Looking at Meredith with an apologetic glance that he was sorry he didn't get to talk to her before she came face to face unprepared with her mother.

"Chief, if you'd excuse me. I need to change for my shift. Nice seeing you, Dr. Grey" she nodded to her mother in a professional maner as she walked to the elevator doors. With her husband's office as her automatic destination she had in mind. She was not going to risk the intern locker room right now. She needed a minute to collect herself, and she needed her husband's office to do that.

Hopefully with her husband in it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 31.3K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.9M 86.2K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
211K 7.4K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
68.5K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...